kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

America is still on a pace to top Italy according to these numbers, and that combined with poor test availability and the recent March Break fiascos, I still think today's optimism is a bubble.
As always, I really want to be wrong here, as we're talking lives, not just numbers.[quoted image]

The US has 6 times the population of Italy

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-us-vs-italy-coronavirus-graphs-leave-out-important-context/507-2a93506b-1d8d-4424-a170-a034c9f3dc2c

I agree the last couple days are a bubble, just trading for now.

1 month later
#3850 3 years ago

What do you think of SPYD? I have 75% sitting in cash and thought maybe a high dividend ETF would be the way to go for now. It'd be 1400 shares. I put the other 25% in CCL, NCLH, ERI and MGM when it was cheap a few weeks ago. This is long term savings, goal is to beat the 2% CD this money was in last year. My retirement is in the TSP. All the bad talk about ETFs earlier is making me second guess it.

3 weeks later
#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Depends on the kind of job you have. If you have a sit-down job where you are keyboarding all day long, you can go a long time--if your mind holds up. But there are some back breaking jobs out there that make it a struggle to make it to 60 years old. Assembly line work can be a man eater; I speak from experience.
Full SS retirement is now 67. How many more years do you think it should be raised when you say "a few years" ?
( I am cognizant that the SS program is slated to run out of money at sometime in the future. And that SS is almost like a Ponzi scheme).
Just because we live longer does not imply that the body is still in working function when 67 rolls around. Besides, the old timers need to step aside and make room for the young pups starting out. And a lot of companies don't want you around that long anyway; If you have the misfortune of having to find a job when you are over 50, I can assure that age discrimination is alive and well. At age 60, you will be lucky if you can buy a job.
Mandatory retirement for an airline pilot is 65.
Air traffic controllers are mandatory retirement at age 56.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Retirement ages from around the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_age

As a controller we can get supplemental Social Security until age 62, when we get our full ss.

#4159 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What is this supplemental social security? How are you going start drawing early at 62 and then still manage to get full retirement at 66?
I am all ears.

We dont have the option of working past 56 so we get a supplement in addition to our pension and TSP. I'll be eligible for retirement at 49, and planning to go right away. 14 more yrs.

https://ask.fedweek.com/federal-retirement/special-retirement-supplement/

1 month later
#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

For the life of me....I don't get why anyone would want to take a cruise for the next 5+ years.

I can't wait for cruises to open back up. I'd go on a cruise next week, best vacations ever. Although I'm not worried about COVID.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.