counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oscope.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16140 2 years ago

I so badly want to say this is a European problem and have the US stand back in a supporting role only - but I have zero confidence anybody will step forward with a real strategy and have the motivation and political will to execute it

Oh sure all the blowhard bureaucrats will have plenty to say while they fold their arms and warm their seats

I’m just not following the logic that because something is happening on the other side of the world we won’t feel any negative impacts. I guess Ive been mistaken over the past two decades observing how ALL the financial markets are more tightly tied together as every facet has expanded globally - Europe will have an urgent and massive energy problem to solve and it will domino

7 months later
#17745 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

The big deal is "how" the money is spent. I spent 23 years in the Air Force and a number of years afterwards in Government or Government contractor positions, writing the contracts for most of that period. I have seen waste that will curl your stomach and make you a staunch Libertarian. The Government wastes far more of your tax dollars than you might imagine.

You hit the nail square on the head ! - Once you see the waste it's really hard to fathom - then you see politicians declaring how "draconian" it is to cut budgets 5% and it just makes you nauseous. You spend a career seeing the same wasteful things over and over knowing how systemic and embedded it has become. I'm an advocate for smaller government in the hope that we could actually do more with less - that seems strange to a lot of people until you understand the incredible amount of waste inherent in the current system.

How is this related to stocks? I'm a believer that economics is like conservation of energy - eventually the system must be balanced and I fear the bill is coming due....

3 months later
#18654 1 year ago

I for one enjoy the banter and pushbacks

There is no single ideal approach and I like hearing the different approaches and strategies with the specific horses to ride and why

I’m here to learn from others experience so just my opinion… please keep the dialogue going

1 month later
#18940 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:401k’s were originally designed to be an “additional” way to save if desired, alongside a pension.

But hey! Why not double down and let Americans manage their own Social Security earnings too! Could make more! Could go broke! Who knows? Weeee!

Agree that there is compelling evidence why allowing individuals to manage their SS is a terrible idea…. Maybe there is a safer compromise?

401K seemed like a good idea when sold to the American worker but wound up killing defined pension plans that companies had offered for decades prior.

At the end of the day it relieved employers of a burden and also greatly benefitted Wallstreet - I’m sure that is just a coincidence…

2 months later
#19375 10 months ago

For me I will just say I enjoy reading both iceman44 and kool1 posts. I’m not a sophisticated investor so I like learning from the experience of others

It is interesting to get insight on how others evaluate the market and develop investment strategy. Different perspectives is a good thing at least for me anyway

I really hope you guys will continue to participate

1 month later
#19594 8 months ago
Dashboard (2) (resized).pngDashboard (2) (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oscope.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=oscope and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.