200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not me
EPD, pipeline safer, toll booth
SHOP anyone?
$346 on April 2nd

Holy Crap, SHOP has gone crazy, unbelievable.

1 week later
#3836 3 years ago

I just saw this is coming tomorrow, heads up to anyone

'United States Oil Fund, LP (USO) has announced a 1-for-8 reverse split effective Wednesday, April 29, meaning shareholders will receive one share of (new) USO common stock for every eight shares they currently own. The stock price will increase to eight times its value at the April 28 close, so shareholder net positions at market open April 29 will be the same as before the split, plus or minus market movements. The deliverable on USO options contracts will be 12.5 shares instead of 100.'

#3842 3 years ago

I have never invested in USO stock, I know some here have so I was giving them a heads up on this news. Maybe that was the wrong idea.

#3906 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Same here. Most of the stuff I've ordered recently has come really fast.

Same thing here in CA for my recent orders. Said few weeks out and in 2-3 days the delivery was made.

2 weeks later
#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

'Round these parts we have a place called Freebirds. I'd much rather go there than McChipotle.

We have the same here in Northern Cali

3 weeks later
#4337 3 years ago

Any thoughts on the TCO - SPG deal that fell apart today and how this could possibly effect MAC if at all?

2 months later
#4687 3 years ago

Guessing this could be very good

1 month later
#5162 3 years ago

Grabbed another 200 shares of MAC today for the long term

1 month later
#5491 3 years ago

There has been a lot of mention of REIT's in this thread as of late. I wanted to ask the thoughts, if anyone knows good or bad, about SKT (Tanger)? Would this be a decent long term play?

Thank you for any response.

#5496 3 years ago

Thank you all for the responses and the opinions on SKT. I have not purchased any at this point but will be watching from the sidelines the next 2-3 days due to the outcome of the election and may make my decision then. I appreciate the feedback as REIT's are an unknown for myself.

1 month later
#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Set to start trading Wednesday, mid-30's, Symbol: AI

Ameritrade is showing this IPO as starting off at $42 a share and starts selling at some time today. Anybody going to jump in or wait for the IPO dust to settle?

1 month later
#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

WTF did i wake up to here.
ICE took his ball and went home?
Geez, KPG too?

This is too bad.

I enjoyed not only listening to input from these two but everyone else within this thread. There has been great information from everyone and I have seen most anyone who posts in here on investing recommendations to "do you're own due diligence".
Really hoping the dust settles and these two do make it back in here, they posted quite regularly with interesting advice as well as a few others with experience in investing, which I have appreciated immensely.

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I was not and am still not digging the vibe so stopped posting my trades and not participating as much.

I did notice this and I hope all is well with you. Thanking you for the previous contributions into this thread and hoping the vibe does change back to what it was.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I posted shorting PTON at $166 and it fell as low as $141 a couple days ago. I posted that I'm biggest long on WBA and XOM.

For me, and I can't speak for others, but I do not understand the "shorting, calls, puts, etc" and in no way going to move that way since I have no clue on what I would be doing. I have watched videos and such but still just don't have a full understanding of that process so I stay away.

Sooo, for me, I listen to advice here, do some research on a company on my own and decide if I want to purchase the stock at the current price and buy what I can afford to lose. Due to the advice of others on this thread I have been able to make a very decent profit and am greatly thankful for that. I myself listen and bought into XOM as well, not going to be rich but profiting 39% in a three month period is exciting to me.

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

a stock tip is a stock tip!... appreciate all input. Just read this article, your thoughts? Did we miss the buy in? Looking at both caps, they seem to be pretty close.
https://investorplace.com/2021/01/theres-a-better-way-to-buy-ackman-than-through-pershing-square-tontine/

This was an interesting read, Thank you.
Seems if you are betting on Ackman it would be smart to own both sides (PSTH & PSHZF)
More bang with psth if he truly selects a unicorn and the hedge fund should gain with a deal with a true unicorn. We shall see.

#6743 3 years ago

Macerich is having a nice pop today....

1 week later
#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have been buying Ethereum. Added $1500.00 today when it was down 15%. It goes up, it goes down, but trending up still. Could not sit on the sidelines anymore.

How exactly does this work? Do you buy Ethereum (ETH-USD) then have to mine? Or purchase this and it fluctuates like any stock, up and down for gain or loss?
Sorry for such a basic question but have I have never understood all the crypto and that has kept me away.

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

How exactly does this work? Do you buy Ethereum (ETH-USD) then have to mine? Or purchase this and it fluctuates like any stock, up and down for gain or loss?
Sorry for such a basic question but I have never understood all the crypto and that has kept me away.

#6997 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

The second part you guessed is correct. You are buying crypto that has already been mined, it is yours now. So you buy it and then if fluctuates lake any stock and you can sell at any time to collect your gains or losses.

Appreciate the response and that clears it up.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

You

I buy it through coinbase.com. Got a link from another insider and each person gets $10 credit for new person to sign up. I can PM you the link if you decide you are interested and we both get $10. It's not much but it free money.
Let me know

After seeing mixed reviews with coinbase (both positive and negative) I will stay away as I do not understand how people can lose their coins and the customer service seems weak to respond but I thank you for the offer. I would much rather just stay with Ameritrade since I have my account with them.

#7292 3 years ago

With all the craziness going on right now in the market, I want to THANK ALL in this specific forum for the education and ideas on what to look at for investments.
Since March I have done well and I am planning on shaving some off the top and play with "the house" money. Not even close to making what some have made in this forum (far less, lol) as I know I am not educated enough to play the market but I am greatly appreciative and humbled by the assistance that you all provide to assist those of us that have a small amount to play with in this market. Long story short-----THANK YOU-----and I will continue to listen.

#7385 3 years ago

MAC & SKT seem to be having a very nice start this morning.

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

it's not life changing money for me either way .. so holding my 1,000 shares to see where it goes

Doing the same but only 250 shares.

#7430 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

On a different note, anybody besides me and isochronic_frost still in RKT? Up another 10% today. Liking what I am seeing going into earnings.

195 shares, nice uptick for sure

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The guy from wallstreetbets being interviewed on CNBC is making some great points.
They are trying to tell him he is in the wrong and he is just tearing holes in everything they say.

This was actually funny to watch. Funny how upset and defensive the Fast Money Halftime Report guy was getting.

#7522 3 years ago
Quoted from JTSCHRO:

Can someone share the link for this interview?

I am watching it on CNBC Fast Money Halftime Report on the television.

#7529 3 years ago

I am surprised AAPL is not up today with earnings coming at close. Are the earnings priced into it already?

#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Didn’t Chamath say he was considering running for governor of California?

Yes, he did. Didn't see that coming.

#7604 3 years ago

What is the better buy right now on PINS, SNAP, AAPL or SE?

#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looks like the reddit for wallstreetbet just got closed......Interesting.

They are trying to shut down what has been going on, which does not seem right. Funny how all the wall street individuals are all pissed off about GME and how they all got rolled.

#8193 3 years ago

This is a screenshot of what TD Ameritrade offers for buying & selling at specific times of the day.

0128211549 (resized).jpg0128211549 (resized).jpg
#8473 3 years ago

Facebook shut down the 'Robinhood Stock Traders' forum today. 157,000 members silenced for a short time, Unbelievable!!!

#8496 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not really unbelievable.

Guess I should have used the term "Bullshit" to get my point across.

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Apple is at a nice sale price right now.

I agree, I grabbed 10 shares after hours.

#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

Question Ice, earlier you mentioned PINS tends to follow SNAP. Earnings reports on both companies were very good. My question is why would SNAP drop off after hours and PINS do much better after hours? Is there more of a user base/traffic on PINS that causes this?
I see future guidance is off for SNAP.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#10570 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:This could easily drop back.

I can see this dropping at anytime but many may be waiting until March 9 to qualify for the dividend that is collected on March 23rd. After that, I bet it gets really, really ugly.

2 weeks later
#11341 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look at the 5 yr chart of OIH to see what could be coming

Hey Ice, do you see this getting back to where it was since it did have a 1:20 reverse split during April of 20 during the pandemic?

10 months later
#16005 2 years ago

Any thoughts on the REIT (TWO) Two Harbors Investment? Looking long term 3-5 years out.

Pays a nice dividend, which may not be as high in the future, and stock price should recover once we are finished with the pandemic.

#16007 2 years ago

I have recently purchased a couple hundred shares in the $5.50 range and am contemplating adding to my position with the hope of a recovery of price in the long term.

I would agree with you that the stock has been trending down which is why I recently purchased.

1 year later
#18985 1 year ago

Let's stay on topic, Stock Market. If ya'll want to attack each other, take it private please.

10 months later
#20475 63 days ago

How about FSLY Ice? This dropped big today, time to reload?

#20479 62 days ago

BRONX
Yes, destroyed for sure and I feel as oversold. I have noticed what you mention about companies that beat expectations and actually have neutral to forward outlooks getting beat down as well, sure hard for me to get my head around that. Day isn't over yet but only down 3% for today, keeping my eye on it as well.

I know Ice was big on this in the past and was hoping he would chime in on his take with what was reported

1 month later
#20805 28 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My next play is FutureFuel Corp, FF, they produce biofuels. Their stock is right around $8 and recently announced on top of their small normal dividend, there will be a $2.50 per share one time dividend next month and they are doing a stock buy back. I picked up 500 shares at $6.98, I'm probably picking up 1-2K shares tomorrow or early next week and ride it through the dividend.

If I understand the GlobeNewswire report correctly you would have to hold this until April 10th to actually get the $2.50 dividend per share and cannot sell before that date?
Do the 'Due Bills" have any effect on this?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/futurefuel-provides-2-50-per-200200409.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=loren3233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.