kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

did that. restarted phone. re downloaded app. Nothing works. cant even see my bank info or take out money

Looks like the gov just launched the "take the wealth program" That was fast.

#6503 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cyber security gonna be a HUGE focus of Govt and BIg Biz in 2021
OKTA, PANW, and CRWD

hey Ice! Just wondering want strategy your on right now.. I only invested 10% of my portfolio as of right now. Should I Invest 50% on longs, hold rest in cash incase of a crash? Just seems like the markets have blown up crazy since 2010. Bubble like. This will be my retirement fund. I'm 46.

#6528 3 years ago

Slow clap!

#6565 3 years ago

Ice!!!!! We all should be paying you commish! Very thankful. Cheers!

#6577 3 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

No one can give you proper advice with out knowing your person situation . There is no one size fits all advice.

I understand that, I think the biggest part of my question was what percentage to invest over all for now. I noticed Berkshire Hathaway is 2/3 invested in the market, 1/3rd in cash, waiting for a crash to take advantage maybe. I sold some real-estate.. I think its gonna drop. Been investing in the stock market for 3 years now, know the risks... but I'm no investing genius. Did well with Tesla, Lightspeed, Spotify and JD.com..bought a ton in March, sold everything end of August. Slowly getting back in, dipping my toes.lol. Waters feeling cold tho!

#6583 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wow man. That's what I was talking about.
Whatever is going on to make you this upset about this discussion, on a pinball website, I hope everything is good on your end. You remind me a lot of myself a few years back and it never resulted in anything positive.
On a serious note, DM me and I'd be happy to talk and see if I can help you out in anyway. Here for you buddy, and I'm not being snarky or sarcastic.

Hmm, that's not how I've read everything.. Ice has been laid back, just throwing stuff our way.. Feels like your back is up tho, the other way around. anything you want to get off your chest? Shoulders? Feels like you got a bit of a chip.

#6587 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Read the history. Lol

Feels like someone lost a bad bet on the stocks. Don't bet what you can't afford to lose!

#6588 3 years ago

Feels like someone lost a bad bet on the stocks. Don't bet what you can't afford to lose!

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m done
Just trying to help
Use common sense folks. I’m out

sorry to hear that, downer.. cool if I PM in a Jam? when needed of course.

#6593 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You're really coming off like a complete ass, you know that right?
"IT Genius" really? What's your deal man, you are literally having a meltdown on this thread.

Tones on messages can get some misread crossfires... all on how you read it and your personality. Obviously went down hill the last few messages

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Agreed.
He mentioned I disappeared for a while, well besides losing a good friend to COVID around that time and my business sucking up all of my time because of the huge demand in my industry, I just didn't really have the time to post much.
But I remember back then Ice was extremely combative as well, and he was really the only guy I ever had a conflict with on this site, and I just chalked it up to he's got some things going on in his personal life I pray he can resolve.
After all this time I was hoping there would be a positive change and here we are, but it appears he's even more agitated and hostile. It's really crazy what little it took to set him off today.
In any event, I wish the guy the best and let's get this thread on track, I prob won't be posting much anymore to be honest.

Sorry to hear about your friend, that totally sucks.. I don't know the history here-heck, I wouldn't want to be in charge of other peoples portfolio's.. Shit load of pressure. Crazy stress for sure.

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I hope these thread doesn't degrade into comparing bank accounts

I kinda like that trend, show's what guy's are really throwing there own money behind and not talking B.S.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

PLUG is a meme stock being driven by the "autists" over at wall street bets, like NIO before it. It's basically gambling at this point in my opinion...stay away, or throw 1k in, hope it doubles, buy yourself a gottlieb DMD

Ya, Nio has a crazy market cap, took Tesla 10 years to get to that cap.. and Tesla is into everything... Bought some BYD instead.

#6642 3 years ago

Haha! I heard the taxes in quebec are a little wacky... It's all backwards, Like the red is the car. ;D

#6645 3 years ago

What do you guys think about after inauguration? Some guys say they are selling everything before.

#6662 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks, but I bought it at $22 or so, it was $25-26 when I posted here.
PSTH provides 2 warrants per 9 shares owned after completion of the merger. The NAV (floor price) of PSTH is $20, not $10 like traditional SPACs. With the warrants, technically the "floor" price is calculated around $22/share. IMO, there is way less of a premium paid at today's share price that is understood and that is the point I was making, Ice hasn't done all his DD on the stock and went off on Ackman, SPACs, etc- without known the intricate details of this particular SPAC.
I came here again just to share what I felt like is the best SPAC and one of the largest potential opportunities on the market, why? Because I thought i'd be contributing something positive here. Then a "Professional Money Manager" gets all pissy, throws a fit, I get shit tons of downvotes, etc etc... because I initially came here to share a stock idea that I think can make people money here.
I am sorry you guys are disappointed.

a stock tip is a stock tip!... appreciate all input. Just read this article, your thoughts? Did we miss the buy in? Looking at both caps, they seem to be pretty close.
https://investorplace.com/2021/01/theres-a-better-way-to-buy-ackman-than-through-pershing-square-tontine/

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

You know it’s a good night when you drain the thread and don’t remember it the next day

I'm extremely thankful Pinside removed Ice's Dick picture fast!
Telling( I forget who) to suck it, I'm like what?!!!.. this thread is crazzzaa! It's like wolf of wall street joined pinside, best thread ever!

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That article reads like the person who wrote it didnt notice that PSTH dropped the same time the rest of the market dropped.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Today was very interesting - stocks, metals, commodities, bitcoin - all down. Can't be converting to cash - bonds maybe?

Like I mentioned before, everyone seams to be out with biden. I dumped 90%

#6801 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It wasn't that bad, and besides right now, there's isn't jack else to put money right now.

#6805 3 years ago

Any safe dividend bets with tons of up left? Canadian Natural Resources, and Atco Look descent.

#6808 3 years ago

I think Biden's gonna be hard on oil, been dumping all oil stocks.

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Domestic oil production had massive ramp-up while Biden was VP, so it's not like he hates oil. Most articles I've read point to energy stocks going up across the board in 2021 as post-covid re-openings increase demand along with additional investment in green tech. Oil may not fully regain its dominance now that the cat is out of the bag with green tech, but there's a lot still tied up in oil.

Just going by what he said during the debates.

#6823 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Wondering how others on this thread feel about how unrest in other parts of the world may impact our stock markets?
I was not aware of the following until today:
-Dutch government (or a portion of it) to resign over child welfare scandal
-Italian government on verge of collapse during Covid related recession
-Germany’s Angela Merkel stepping down later this year (I am not really clear why)
-Iran and N Korea getting provocative with missile hoopla
Sorry to be putting more political stuff on this very helpful thread, but events at home and abroad are becoming pretty concerning to me. Stocks have been a good ride this past year.
Hoping that iceman44 will also share a few thoughts.

Plus Millions planning to head to the U.S from the south, hoping to get in on the Green card, handouts from Biden. Crazy times ahead... Might be best to just sit on cash in high savings... Gamble 10% on stocks. Wait and see game.

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you not look at history? Short term dip while weak hands adjust, then gains long term. The stimulus stuff has already been priced in, and since it seems it won't be everything people want, things are going to dip/sideways for awhile (or maybe it won't dip much at all...). It will be interesting to see what the overpriced 2020 shares do though.
Also, knock it off with that shit. I've been kicked from this thread for less.

Knock what off? reading the news and adjusting my investments from it?
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/massive-migrant-caravan-honduras-busts-guatemala-border-en-route-us-video/
History, after that last pandemic..strong hands hung on then the market had the biggest crash in history, then depression.

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This is a terrible prediction and investment strategy.

Just keeping my eyes open to everything that is happening right now in the world.. A knew strain of Covid can change everything. Troubling times for sure. Gonna sit this out for awhile. Gamble with 10%. And watching this thread immensely.

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The pandemic is indeed a wild card, but your post was nothing about that.

Just saying the worlds a crazy place right now, since there was a post earlier about what was happening around the world... I was replying to that post. Wondering how all of this will affect the markets.

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I can only guess
Gas prices will be socked with taxes which will help kill growth.
Europe and Asia will slow their purchase of US Stocks.
Paris Accord re-entry and green initiatives will inflate assets like solar panels but kill growth in legacy sectors.
Promised tax increases will lead to more offshore Headquarters and kill growth in Commercial real estate, which may never recover.
Increased borrowing will not lead to desired inflation but instead deflation and stagflation.
Food Banks will be challenged with hundreds/thousands of new dependants.
Tent, Motorhome and camping Manufacturers will benefit from the new waves of homeless. Foreclosures and absolute auctions will flourish.
This could become reality if we stay the current course and all promised new taxes/programs are implemented.
Good news is

This is why I love this thread, smart.. outside the box thinking. Great insight! Thank you

#6840 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Blackberry is still a stock? I haven’t heard anything from them in a few years and thought they had just gone away. Hadn’t thought of them in quite a while. I had one of their phones and remember checking stocks in college. Trackball and QWERTY keyboard and everything. Touchscreen keyboards are so much better, it’s unreal. Anyway, BlackBerry is still around, off to Google them and see what’s new.

Its a software security company now, makes sense. I had a large peace in my portfolio. Pandemic scared me off everything, is what it is

Chen recently sold all of the best patents to hewei

#6841 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Its a software security company now, makes sense. I had a large peace in my portfolio. Pandemic scared me off everything, is what it is

Chen recently sold all the best patents.

#6940 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Boats are hard to come by at all price points. Check out Brunswick, who owns Sea Ray and Bayliner. Just anecdotally, it was near impossible to find cruising boats on this part of the Chesapeake Bay late last summer in the 100-400K range. That would be a used 27 footer to a new 37 footer roughly. My understanding is that a lot of the boats for this season are already spoken for. I am assuming fishing boats are a hot commodity as well.

We now have a 25% tax on boats over $100K($79K U.S) up here in Canada.
cars over $30k cad too, crazy tax up here.

#7009 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Also, just for Ice, I bought 4,000 SABR on a reopening play.

Looks like decent dividend.

#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Blackberry has pushed to over $15 in after hours trading, up about 35% in the past week.

I bought some this morning.. Company seems to be undervalued.

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I opened a small position just to be part of the possible short squeeze Reddit fun. By small I mean $100 lol.

Had a bunch in BB beginning of 2020. Bought every stock I could in march.. Sold everything at the beginning of September. What a mistake. Sold property too, ready for the next crash.. if it happens. Apparently Israel is having data issues with the vaccine, mutant Covid might be an issue. Reading every news network possible, trying to keep on top of it... And super glad I sold TC energy, looks like the war on oil started, Keystone XL is donsky. 60,000 jobs, plus 120,000 Tx jobs lost, double that would have been created.
Were at $4.50 a gallon now, mostly tax. And China and India get to do whatever they want with pollution. What is that, like 3 billion people? Crazy world.

#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm hearing murmuring of certain Cities re-opening wether its over or not. Especially New York and California. It will probably happen sooner than we think, how they intend to do it is unknown.
Theatres are a dedicated destination that brings Business to everything around them.

#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What was smart and outside of the box with that post? How did it help your investment strategy? I think a couple yahoos hopped on an investment thread to complain about politics, where the rest of us are here for Ice's hot tips and discussing our investment strategies, failures and successes.
During the dip Friday I bought more PINS, NIO, PLTR, PSTH and threw 1K at BB because the Reddit kids that hyped GME into massive gains are setting their sights on BB and PLTR next. Also picked up more crypto with ETH. I'm curious as to what Phil-lee and Lamberger are investing in, rather than their politics. What are your moves right now if you are more doom and gloom?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/rv-sales-soar-during-pandemic-travel-road-trip

doing well,

Winnebago Industries (NYSE:WGO)
Thor Industries (NYSE:THO)
Camping World Holdings (NYSE:CWH)
Patrick Industries (NASDAQ:PATK)
LCI Industries (NYSE:LCII)

thank you

#7083 3 years ago

Easy guys, were all here to help each other and make some Money! Gonna be winners and losers.

#7168 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I don't intend to keep it in cash indefinitely...but a correction is coming. At that point I'll likely move into dividend funds for income. I dont need the extra gains to retire, but I sure don't want to lose what I have. If you believe this bull market will continue indefinitely, that's a strategy I suppose. But I dont. I rode out black October, dot com crash and 2008 housing. It's different this time. People are gambling and there's little fundamentals to prop up current pricing.

So what are you thinking, buy back in if dow crashes to? That's the tough part for me.. When to take the plunge back in for Dividends.

#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sorry not understanding your question....are you asking at what level of the dow I would consider jumping?

Ya, or what are you going to go by before jumping back in? Just wonder what your thoughts were... we seem to be on the same page. $19K Dow seems about right for where the markets should be right now.

#7174 3 years ago

I was thinking the same thing... 20% drop, buy a ton... 30% drop, invest 80%, 20% cash to play with.
Playing with 10% right now... and doing well.

#7189 3 years ago

BB too

#7192 3 years ago

I don't know about you guys... looking at charts on GME, now going to AMC and BB, Never seen anything like this before.
Extremely risky playing these stocks, unless your Kenny Rogers.

#7219 3 years ago

Sold BB, 10 year high is good enough for me. Still in AMC. 20% up.

#7221 3 years ago

GME is up 150%. $230 after hours. Thought about buying a ton low $80. Wish I had the balls. lol

#7233 3 years ago

AMC after hours is up 50%.. Might sell half, get my money back and roll the dice with profits.

A lot of big buys, might be the "next week" move.

#7312 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Apple is my second largest position, such a beast. Buy, hold, and ad great companies on dips is my strategy I do a small amount of pure speculating for fun though. Following the Wall Street bets and playing small sums for fun. My dad who’s in his mid 70’s has always been a great single stock picker. He still has his ancient shares of Microsoft, he managed to buy a big position in Facebook at the lowest price it’s ever been available- after the IPO when it crashed a day or two later. Fairly early ish shares of amazon. His biggest investing mistake was passing on Apple when it hit something like $15 a share because at the time it was too expensive. Really makes you think about what inning is it when it comes to a stock.

If anyone has a hunch on what the next Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, Google, etc. might be, please post it!

#7482 3 years ago

Halted! Crazy!

#7732 3 years ago

Yepp, 2500 shares of NOK, just for fun.. Got my money back from AMC, letting the profits ride... If AMC takes off, cool. Good either way. BB was moving to slow for this kind of gamble... and maybe too expensive now for a pile in. Feels like BB is a long bet for WSB. Sold pretty much everything else. Still holding DOC, BYDDY, SVA, FSLY, PSTH, NET. plus above. Down to 5% in, rest cash.

#7733 3 years ago

I've only experienced 2 drops in my life, the rest.. simulated. (Aliens!) Looking forward to the remake by PB.

#7738 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Haha- so $15 for a share of AMC that lost $33 a share last year seems reasonable? No offense- just crazy times.
It’s pretty tempting. People throw money at it and think it might come back so it’s okay. If you wouldn’t throw that $1k in the fire, don’t throw it at this stuff. This can break at any time and if it trips breakers or cripples a brokerage- you won’t get out. A short squeeze only works if short has no leverage. A stock gets way overvalued- it attracts more leveraged shorts. There will be fireworks this option expiration. People bought a lot of calls. Now they have to accept delivery, or close position. If they close and the call was written by a net neutral institution, they will sell shares they bought to stay neutral. If stock goes down enough, other call writers will sell because no longer need shares. Shorts won’t necessarily have to cover by any set time.
Or GME goes to $3000.. happy hunting!

GME, AMC, NOK... Just gamble stocks right now, everyone is jumping on the train for a ride up, they are hoping AMC and NOK fallow GME because they missed that train. All hype now, it's everywhere you look in the news. Wild, making history. They will be talking about this for years. David vs goliath

#7741 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

In for NAKD tomorrow morning. The FOMO is strong...Lol!

Bots are joining WSB and pumping new stocks, don't fall for it.. Best gamble right now is AMC, and NOK might be a last minute pump before reddit went crazy with pumping other stocks. From what I've been told.

#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Notice how much more traffic you get when it is about the gambling, and not investing for 30 years down the road? Always happens, until that first big loss

Once I double on a gamble, I sell half
Still waiting to hear what the next Apple, Microsoft, amazon, google, tesla...etc is? I've got funds waiting for that 30 year lock.

#7947 3 years ago

Made a quick $82k. I think the big guys dumped tons of money in all of these stocks yesterday and crashed everything on purpose today.. Pretty wild.

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

There's still an opportunity on AMC....I've noticed on all the halting there's a dip after resuming, followed by a quick runup. I'm buying 10,000 shares on each dip then selling them on $1 gain, or $10K. Working so far. Very risky and pure gambling so don't recommend this for anyone.

Good call! been doing the same.. Extra $8k.. seems to be holding at $10. Waiting for the next drop.

#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That is the the thing that sticks in my craw. The did not do it before close or after; they did it right in the middle to disrupt things. That is what is fucked.
I wound up doing ok with the trade and it was a small part of my portfolio. I’m a big boy and this goes with the territory. What pisses me off is that it crushed people that this was their first time investing or that they are new. This turns people off to the market an destabilizes faith in the markets.
Let’s be clear: GME, AMC, BB, NOK, and all are not sound companies. We are all gambling on these types of things. We should know the risks when we hit the buy or sell button. But changing the rules mid flight is wrong.

Definitely, these are 100% gabling stocks everyone.. do not buy these stocks as a investment.

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well said! Do you think Robinhood and the other platforms could get sued for this?

Quoted from DBLM:

Yep. Burn their asses!

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Robinhood will be sued over this. You cannot just block stocks from being bought at the wave of a wand. I will be all over the law suit!

They might want to hold off on that IPO. Lmao. They are done!

#8167 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So, speculate where do the reddit stocks (for lack of better term) go from here? The WSB crowd in part moved to Fidelity and Schwab today and RH just announced it will be opening up trading tomorrow on a limited basis. After hours most of the stocks are already trending up. So do these stocks prevail and everyone doubles down, crushing the obvious attempts by the establishment to prevent a run, or is the party really over? So much attention now by Politicians, some of these manipulators have to be getting nervous. Nothing like persecution of a Bernie Maloof to put in your cap in congress.
I made a good bit on AMC. Could have made a lot more if not for today's events. I'm a bit gun shy now as the rules are changing on the fly so getting harder to predict movements. What do you think?

It was a fun ride, looking forward to the movie.

#8175 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Think ill do the same...

Same here

#8179 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

AMC on the rise again. About to hit 13. GME on its way to 300...a big FU to Wallstreet

AMC is offering more shares, I don't think this stock will hurt the shorts.

#8184 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I am really confused why AMC is issuing new shares when their shares are worth bunk as it is...

GME Shorts were at 150% That's why WSB went after the shorts on this stock. It should be illegal.

AMC was just another stock that got pumped.

#8187 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but who's buying $13 shares when the stock was way less and everyone knows this week was just a pump and dump?

Gambler's

#8212 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Well I bought my solidarity shares of GME. Figure it a commission on my AMC profits.

Definitely love the cause, elites manipulating the stock markets... bringing it up to record highs to instill faith again. I'm not buying in, happy to make quick bucks until it makes sense.

#8248 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the angles on AMC right now and the answer is there are none. There is not enough short interest to make it hold now, and the price got too far depressed. You still have the Silverlake backstop in the 13s, but that could have already been sold for all we know. You have to figure it will get halted a few times tomorrow based upon people rushing in which disrupts momentum upwards. You might can trade around the edges, but I don’t think you are going to get a big enough run to do damage. With them changing the game today, it broke my thesis. I still am concerned about them issuing new stocks to cover their 17% note from last weekend, and this might be as good as any time since the stock is high. That would make thr shares drop. I am going to sleep on this and see if I can come up with any answers. Anybody else got any thoughts?
I should just stick to selling software, posting gifs, and drinking bourbon.

Silver seems like a decent play, look at what happened after 2008.

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wanted to buy some tesla, but I can't bring myself to pay that much.

Same here, I did very well on the way up... but it's out of whack now... Like most company's in the U.S. I'm finding that the Chinese company's are way under valued compared to U.S company's.. Been dumping money there. Can't see the new administration standing up to them now, bought and payed for... And China is use to dealing with viruses. What, last 20 years? Standard issue masks. The markets there barely moved. Less manipulation for sure.

#8528 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

CNBC has DeepFuckingValue on after commercial

Link?

#8658 3 years ago

If GME holds past Tuesday, still might be able to play ups and downs till the big crash.

#8666 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So if I want to buy crypto, is it just open an account on coinbase and fund it? Just like a stock brokerage? Any significant ID hurdles, or delays for funds to clear?
I tried Kraken a year ago for lite and gave up...could never get through the approvals and it kept crashing.

Some pay dividends, I would go that route. Gonna be buying Bitcoin when it drops to $11000ish.. I tried doing the same at $4500, couldn't get any platforms to confirm an account... gave up. Also a little voice tells me that Governments will regulate and control it when it gets really crazy...or ban it.

#8736 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm not for a minute suggesting anyone invest in silver. There is no squeeze play, the market cap is just too big, and when it hits $40 qn oz, every grandmother with a silver tea set will be liquidating at the pawn shop.
Guess who has a long play in silver? Citadel. Theyre looking to recoup some $. They couldn't do it by artificially suppressing demand of meme stocks, so they're trying to beat WSB at their own game. They're using reddit as a platform and the media who suspiciously started promoting silver last night.
Now, all that said, I'm sitting on several 1000 ozs of physical silver, so I would benefit if it goes crazy. I bought it when it dropped to $13 just as a zombie apocalypse hedge. If it goes to $100 oz ill be selling.

That's funny, I did the same thing. Great minds think alike. Deposit box at the bank.

#8737 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I agree. Even though I'm relatively new at this, a financial adviser friend helped me figure out where to put my long term safe investments, and then we set aside this TD account for me to have a little fun with. This is "fun" money I'd take to vegas or drop on something like a vacation.
Thanks to tips from dudes like iceman44, so far it's worked out really well!

What longs did you get into? if you don't mind me asking.

#9123 3 years ago

Yep, wish I found this thread when it started, Missed the train on a lot of great stocks. Also wish I started reading it from the beginning then as well... instead of asking questions that have already been answered. Took me a week on and off to read everything, but it was the most valuable read of my life! Thanks to everyone here.. Beers/scotch for all one day, on me! Cheers!

#9233 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

I love Ice! kissing it right now. Cheers mate.
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#9311 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Anyone get in on OCGN (Ocugen), new Covid vaccine candidate? It's been going up, up up the last 5 days.

I bought a bunch of novavax back in April. Lucked out there, Canada put in a big order.

#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Oh I don't believe in bitcoin at all, but I also understand that I could be wrong and the cost of being wrong is enormous. So I have a small amount of my portfolio in crypto just because of that...because of the way it is, that 1% could go to zero or if it catches on it could jump to a 20x to 25x gain. It's worth the risk. It's also one of those deals where it normally would not be a thing, but out of control central banks may make it the 'thing'.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/30/india-plans-to-introduce-law-to-ban-bitcoin-other-private-cryptocurrencies/

1.4 billion investors. gone! be careful

#9349 3 years ago

Got me interested:
https://www.escapeartist.com/blog/countries-banned-bitcoin/

I think this is just the start...Fools gold, I might drop $30k in. FOMO. but that's it, I wouldn't go all in.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How much money will the US print in the month of May? I don’t think they even know. I can tell you exactly how many bitcoins will be mined in that time.
The big benefits are that it can’t be diluted. No extra Bitcoin can be made just 21 million. While some are still to be mined none can be added.
It probably won’t be Bitcoin to be the universal currency. But crypto is likely here to stay. What will replace Bitcoin anyone’s guess, ADA looks promising but too difficult to use atm for general public.
That Sawyer video posted above is really good. Worth a watch, noted two three years ago he hated Bitcoin.
I’m not against regulation, I pay taxes on all crypto gains. Which is a PIA btw. I like a lot of European nations tax structures on crypto...tempting to move there or another country with better regulations.

the future of bitcoin is already on the way to government control, weather you like it or not. it probably already started.

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

the future of bitcoin is already on the way to government control, weather you like it or not. it probably already started.

every move you make from here on out is controlled... your a genius to outthink the powers before you.

#9357 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

every move you make from here on out is controlled... your a genius to outthink the powers before you.

Quoted from Lamberger:

every move is antistpated..that's the world were in now.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so what do we do with your info?[quoted image]

yes, seems crazy... you got a better idea?

waiting? oh, so clever with nothing to ad?... thanks for nothing!

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

yes, seems crazy... you got a better idea?
waiting? oh, so clever with nothing to ad?... thanks for nothing but bullshit!

I've made alot money with ice's suggestions. so much so, i retired . gabling now with little stock, wish the same for everyone here]

#9361 3 years ago

Quoted from Lamberger:I've made alot money with ice's suggestions. so much so, i retired . gabling now with little stock, wish the same for everyone here]

#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I feel pretty antistpated about all these posts. As much as I love people's predictions about where BTC will be in many years, maybe it's time to give it a break on this thread and get back to stocks? There is a good separate crypto thread...

Sorry, got 80% in cash, gabling with 20%. just trying to figure things out.. I don't know what else to do from here.

#9374 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

$500 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$1,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$5,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$10,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$20,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$30,000 - Bitcoin is a bubble and worthless
$40,000 - Damn, wish I would have bought some Bitcoin
I’ll go back to the crypto thread now.

POP! Who's holding this bag of shit? Just buy GME, balls deep... put everything you have into it. Whoops?

#9536 3 years ago

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/fun/after-hours

Looks like it really did drop 20%, Something is going on.

#9539 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone know when the lockup on C3.ai shares is over? Want to bet on it, but don't want to watch the market flooded with shares right after I buy.

May 13. PLTR is this Friday or next.

#9544 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Remind me to dump PLTR this week

No doubt, 80% will be unlocked.. only 20% trading right now.

#9572 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not huge, it was just very noticeable since it happened across the board. It's already bouncing some. I figured it might have been some new news on vaccines / stimulus / impeachment / someone passed gas...you know, the usual triggers.

Ice hasn't been on since Sat I think, hope he didn't sell off his portfolio without telling us. Haha.

#9573 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm on the fence with dumping my PLTR before the unlock, I like the stock long term and am up about 25%. Is the play to sell Thursday then rebuy on the expected dip after the unlock?

I dumped half high $38. If it drops, I'll buy more...If it goes up, then selling was a mistake. lol. Hard to say what's gonna happen.

#9594 3 years ago

Jumped in on MGM, Ice mentioned it. Lots of chatter about it recently.

#9625 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

These pot stocks scare me. They could crash at any moment of biden says no legalization. But I also thought that last week before they all nearly doubled in value

I did very well with Aurora, Aphira and Canopy back a few years ago.. they got me started. Still playing with those profits today. More interested in stable long term company's now...Less risk. Check the profits in Canada with our population, it's legal here... Be careful with some weed plays, some are empty fields of nothing shell company's. DD

#9726 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I had 50 shares at the beginning. They did a 2 way and 3 way split at some point fairly early on. Sold most to buy a new furnace and sold the rest at $450 because I thought that had to be a ATH. If I'd held it all along, it would be 300 shares, so by today's price $9,978,600.

I think Pinterest will be a great long play... It's half the market cap of snapchat, and I think Pinterest is the better bet. Just a thought, no one knows for sure. Microsoft thinks so too, they did try to buy em.

#9741 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Make sure you know where those safe ports in the face of a storm are

Where are the safe ports? Gulf of Mexico? lol

#9792 3 years ago

Looks like news is coming... And it's looking like great news. If it's stripe, this thing is going to rocket.
Hope I don't regret not buying more. lol

#9796 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Watching the Reddit kiddos pull their hair out if it turns out to be subway or wework will almost be worth the hit to my gains. Almost.

Looks like softbank got wework, along with Coupang

#9810 3 years ago

With PSTH, if a PIPE was done, than a target has been acquired. If it's a unicorn, this will pop.

Not to familiar with SPAC's, anyone know when to sell? Or do you hang on forever like an ETF? Looking like a sell after announcement.

#9812 3 years ago

'

#9824 3 years ago

Everything I've been reading on Spac's, looks like a dump on announcement. Unless I missed something, get ready... Most likely Tuesday with PSTH.

#9827 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What’s going on Tuesday?

News with PSTH's acquisition... maybe Tuesday, but from what I read on SPAC's sell on news.

#9831 3 years ago

KPG not chiming in on PSTH in a day with 42000 shares? this is his baby girl, starting to feel like this is a pump and dump boys... get ready for Tuesday... Dump pre market hours before KPG, lol. Just Kidding, have no clue what to expect. but excitement, I lose $29 dollars worst case. lol

#9860 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tram the people here in South Texas are freaking out with 6 inches of snow and down into single digits.
Entire city shut down!
I took my Jeep out today for some great 4 wheeling

That's a sunny day here in Canada, Love hitting it with my Jeep.. Enjoy!

#9861 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Only junk companies like Pennystocks or failing biz's like GameStop would be a pump and dump. PSTH and it's likely target is a buy and hold forever scenario, so any big dips aren't a dump, but another buying opportunity IMO
PSTH should be interesting this week... That's for sure...

Awesome! Glad to hear... didn't know what to do with this Spac. Thanks KPG

#9912 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nothing beats a Jeep for some fun in the snow.

Still roughing my 06-straight 6, last year made. Gonna keep this thing forever, Soft doors are a must in the summer.

#9937 3 years ago

Bought some fsly today.

#9939 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Bit of a gamble with earnings after the bell.

Definitely, got a feeling. Setting and forgetting.

#9961 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Bit of a gamble with earnings after the bell.

fsly just shot up to $100 then back down

#9967 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Yep. Did you sell on the pop? I bought after it collapsed last earnings and then it went down another $20 from there. I was happy to get out even on that one.

Set it at $98. Bought it back at $91. Quick profit, I think they might get Tik Tok back, other clients will fill the void worst case. Still think this is a decent long play. Just bought Pltr, will buy more if it keeps dropping. Gonna load this one up.

#10006 3 years ago

Bought more PLTR, and got my max in on fastly.

#10027 3 years ago

If PLTR keeps dropping, I'll keep buying.. and sell half when it gets back up to 25. This way I won't miss, PLTR should be good for the long run.

#10033 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have a ton sitting on the sidelines waiting for the pull back. I rang the registers in November and have not bought really anything since besides some SABR, GNOG, and DKNG. I have been speculating that we will have a pull back and it looks like we are getting close. Will be looking at PLTR in a few days (still has more room to go down) and then will be adding new things based upon how the pullback goes. Besides the AMC thing, it has been nice to just let things float for a little bit. If you are not sitting on powder, this might be a good time to raise some because I think we are going to slide down for a bit. Here through March should be interesting.

Above, beat me to it. lol

#10035 3 years ago

Anyone know when the Lock up Ex date is for AirBnB? If? Can't seem to find anything on it.

#10048 3 years ago

I guess AirBnb doesn't have one.

#10051 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ark ETF makes a bold move on PLTR. 5 Million shares to their flagship ETF.
[quoted image]

That's very bold, already up over $26. Should have bought more, dam!

Anyone seen Ice in Texas? hope all is well. Didn't know it was that bad down there, need more windmills.

#10056 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think all 3 of these have past already

C3.ai was 3 months as well? I guess no more lock ups to look forward to.

#10062 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Now that PLTR lockup is done we can get ready for the uninhibited ride upwards. Now if only I would have bought more on 11/6/20 at $13.97 but long term won’t matter and I’m happy for my ARKK investment to lead the way also.

When did you buy into Arkk? if you don't mind me asking.

#10065 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

For me. I've had Arkk for about 6 months. My ear doctor drives a Tesla and we talk about his car, the stock and he mentioned this ETF. HE told me how great the fund manager was. Bought 200 shares. Now I read about the fund manager and how great she is....My 2 ETFs are ARKK and BLOK.

Nice! bought some on the dip...wish I was 6 months in, lol

#10204 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

On a lighter note my stock lost me
$35,531 today
I think I’ll take a trip to TX see if can get a free lunch out of ICE MAN
[quoted image]

Which stock was that? Did you sell?

#10270 3 years ago

Anyone get in on C3 Ai? I loaded up @$111. More PLTR and PSTH. Was hoping to get in on AirBnB and snowflake, still way to high.

#10273 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

C3.AI is still too high in my opinion.

I feel the same way about PLTR, hype stocks. Wish I never bought any ETF's, the only reds in my portfolio... Better off picking my own stocks.

#10365 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

In at $18.8 this AM.

Started taking that drug NZT-48, been coming up with some sweet stock picks since.

10 months later
#15676 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Every play I made based on this thread was a total dud and every play I made on my own paid off big. I’m up about 22%.

you should hit up discord, already made $300k from their advise. Made a ton on Upstart!

#15678 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

How does one "hit up discord"?

invite from dblm. no rules there too, can talk about whatever you want to without your head getting bitten off or moderated. hassle free and laid back.

#15690 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Be disciplined, keep buying and adding to your PINS portfolio.....
LLLLLLLLLLmfao!!!!
But "he" is away on a cruise right now; On the 1 1/2% he takes from those he manages......

Ya, I believe it was pumped here from $10? and up. And both Microsoft and Paypal tried to buy them for a lot higher than what it is now. But yes do your DD. I'm in till they get bought and hoping they don't get bought. If there are guys that want out of pins, get everyone and their mother to sign up. Stock should go up then and you can get out.
Most investors are going on the defensive, pins should be great a few years out.

#15737 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think that this is what you are referring to. I believe that was another Discord thread. We have never discussed Upstart.[quoted image]

Ice tipped upstart here before he peaced out to discord. Can't thank him enough. Just bought a floating house in Toronto, might airbnb it, will see. Should I put a pin on it? Haha!

#15739 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you sold at highs I assume? I did and then bought back in too early as you can see BUT no worries, love it long term

Thanks Pal! Been eyeing another entry point.
Almost have gone through everything on discord, retirement is looking good!

#15745 2 years ago

Unfortunately politics are involved in investing, whether you like it or not.

#15755 2 years ago

I like the political talk, so I know where to put my money when politicians change with every election. I learned a ton in the last 3 years, things I never would have even thought about before. If guys don't like it, skim over it. It's that simple. If you like it, put in your opinion/view.. and move on with no arguments. Sucks that pinside takes that option away. That's a huge part of why I'm on discord, nice to have no parents there along with the nerdy kids that run to mommy when they don't like what they are reading. But I guess there are so many on this site that can't handle it mentally, to the point that they have to be monitored. LMAO. In 3, 2, 1. Moderated!

#15760 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

There is a wide variety of what constitutes political talk. I love talking about politics, but mostly on political forums or in person with longtime friends, for me it has a time and place. And when it degenerates to mindless talking points, name calling, extremist language, inflated egos, dick swinging and "this is my forum, I say what I want, if you don't like it, you can leave" crap... well, that's just not fun, helpful or insightful. Listening to my dad rant about Muslims and recite a bunch of factually incorrect right wing talking points and I'm walking away.

Glad to hear you can handle it mentally without arguing with your dad and walking away.
Discord is for serious adult talk, this is where I come for fun now. JK
Nibbled on upstart today at $115. been flipping NVEI and have done well. Waiting to buy back in... also Coupang in at the $25 range and selling above $30.

#15800 2 years ago

Everyone is out and back to business on discord, if anyone else is managing billions of dollars worth of portfolio's, please chime in and help the community out. And if it gets angry here politically, sign up discord! Easy to scroll over, and disregard what you don't like. Cheers!!

5 months later
#16956 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Data compiled by Dow Jones Market Data shows that the S&P 500 has bounced back after all past first-half falls of 15% or more. The sample size, however, is small, with only five instances going back to 1932. Will this time be different? It's crazy to think the last time the Market dropped this much in half a year was 1970.
[quoted image]

here comes a new record, breaking the all time low of 55% with this administration.

3 months later
#17618 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I would not invest in anything based in China period.
Want a good EV pick - RIVN

hard to say..projected growth for U.S next year 1.5, China 4.5, India 6. No delisting will happen under Biden. The big guy excepted to much money from China already for that to happen. Things may change in 2024.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Boards
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=lamberger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.