kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jester523.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I lost 50 k easily in 2008.... guess what.... I got it all back X3. Buy now, you'll be glad you did!

You think this is the bottom? A good time to buy? I'm vacillating on buying or waiting. I feel like it could go lower, but cant say ive ever been good at market timing. I did pick up some shares of Apple today though.

9 months later
#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

fingers crossed amazon cyber monday results were enough to get us out of the downward spin

I mean, obviously take it with a grain of salt, but my friend works at one of the amazon warehouses said sales were not what they expected this year.

3 weeks later
#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

what the hell is evs?

Not sure if serious, but what evs is slang for whatever

6 months later
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Hi All,
I have 10-20k I would like to transfer into amazon stock. What home platform do you all suggest for a guy who looks long on investment? ETrade? Others?
Thanks Mike V

I used to use Scottrade (they might be based in scottsdale?).

1 week later
#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Roth
Roth conversions
Gotta understand that
Taxes are on sale now
And the new law is RMDS at 72 and inherited iras have to be pulled over 10 yrs
Pay the tax now. Never pay it again not the compounded growth
Your welcome. From a CPA, estate planning lawyer and financial advisor with $350 million of assets under management

I converted all my traditional to Roth last year, but now with my business I have a simple IRA, and I cant do a Roth with that, which is lame. Not sure it's worth the 4k in fees to start a 401k.

11 months later
#4470 3 years ago

Yeah, what a horrible story. Especially since it may have cleared up over the weekend.

#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

=========================================================
Imagine the math involved when you are talking call bull spreads and call bear spreads or put bull spreads and put bear spreads. How about vertical spreads, or calendar spreads, and straps and strangles, and butterfly spreads, and condors. In in monies, out of the monies.
The combinations of options strategies are mind boggling.
============================================

Honestly, I've never traded options, and after reading this, fuck that. I'll make money the old fashion way. I'm sure it's fine if you have the willingness and desire to get into it, but i'll pass.

1 month later
#4600 3 years ago

What do you guys think is a better use of extra cash right now? Pay down debt (low interest mortgage), invest, or hold cash for market dip crash. Part of me hates debt, but the rate is so low (3.875) does it make sense?

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Refinance today. If you are at 3.875 you could drop a point to 2.75 on a 30 or 2.5 to drop it to a 15.

I'm looking to convert to a 15. Loan officers seem overwhelmed right now. Been having trouble getting a hold of the one who helped with my last mortgage.

1 month later
#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I hope I didn't ruin it for others. Sorry.

I mean, I can't be sure, but I doubt it was you. I think tons of people requested to be on the list.

3 months later
#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I am able to pick the funds. I am in all aggressive funds at the moment, trying for larger gains until closer to retirement. Not sure if the fees vary enough from fund to fund to make a difference or not.

Mutual fund fees tend to be higher than index funds, because there is more management involved. are you referring to the fees for the actual funds or some sort of management fee that the provider charges? I doubt a company would pay the fund fees, but I don't know much.

edit: also, if they are not matching, can't you just open a traditional or roth ira through vanguard (or somewhere else) and add your own funds? Contribution limits might not be the same though.

1 week later
#7412 3 years ago

So...how does this end?

#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I'm up a NIB pin this morning on AMC that I bought yesterday @ 4.60. Holding and will buy double on the lunch dip.

Sort of the same. bought a 500 shares at 4.77. Honestly, I have no idea what to do now, lol. I'm a buy and hold investor, and this feels like no limit hold 'em

#7553 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This thread is as hot as it has EVER been!
Sign of a bubble?
I guess keep partying while there is a party
Now, where is the next doubler?

It's always best to leave the party while you are still having fun, lol.

#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If you have more then a couple hundred to invest, why would you even trade through robinhood in the first place?

Hipsters?

#8517 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm out on the YOLO ones not b/c I don't think there is still action but honestly, it was starting to take up too much of my time and brain power. Having to constantly check, buy on dips etc. Too much for me fellas. It was fun though.
I just bought some apple b/c it's plug and play haha
good luck!

Same for me. I made a bit of cash, but I was stressing and watching a ticker all day, instead of paying attention to my life and family. It was fun for a day, and a nice distraction, but can't do this for a long haul.

I was glad to be a part of it though.

3 weeks later
#10297 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

How early did you guys get into investing in the stock market? I started at 37 and really wish I had started earlier. My parents started me off with $20k when I was 20 and I took it out and blew it on a car I didn't need, like a moron. Hopefully I can teach my kids to do better.

I started investing in mutual funds in my early 20's, then moved on to stocks around my mid 20s. Wish I was maxing out my Roth IRA the whole time, but spent some time broke as fuck. Definitely wish I got was more involved with it, but went in ebbs and flows. Was thinking of starting a custodial account for my daughter and just putting money into and s and p index fund every month for her.

1 week later
#10676 3 years ago

yeah, just wondering what I should put money into right now. wait? buy now? Tooks some hits today though, lol.

4 months later
#13841 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

That being said FASFA is a concern for me and I don't want something with their name on it getting taking into account when they are doling out the money. I am thinking about a 529, but just to pay for private schooling

Depending on how you feel about them, IULs don't get included in Fafsa and in theory money can be taken out tax free (for college or anything else). High upfront costs, but over a long time frame should perform well.

2 weeks later
#14233 2 years ago

i'm in on pins at 35 and 50. Short term gains for another 1 to 2 months...wondering if I should hold.

1 week later
#14547 2 years ago

yeah, I would be out with 6million in the bank. Me and my wifes goal is 5 million and i'm out (she might still work as she loves her job). But fuck working honestly. She tells me i'll get bored. Nope, I won't. I'll be plenty busy haven't fun, doing the things I want to do, spending time with my daughter.

1 month later
#14815 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Dang. BROS up over 18% while everything else tanks. Pick of the day for sure.

Got in around 46. I wasn't in a buying mood, but I love dutch brothers. There is ALWAYS a line to get a coffee.

#14835 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

When's a time you doubled your money? Stock and why you picked it?
I recently read that if you start with $1000 and double it ten times, then you'll hit a cool mil.
I've passively doubled my $17000 ira over the last five years but I could have easily doubled it by picking three stocks: Microsoft, Nike, and Starbucks.
I've doubled a small amount on Starbucks, Snap, Xom, HRL.

I was in on the Square IPO. Turned a $1000 in to 25kish. My wife picked the stock and wanted to buy 5k worth, and I was like "slow down, you don't know how this will turn out..." she won't let me live that down. AMZN and AAPL are my other stock doubles that I can think of off the top of my head. Buy good companies and hold, and they will probably double at some point, lol.

Doubling anything can add up real quick. The old parable, where you put a piece of rice on a chess board spot, then 2 on the second then 4 on the 3rd and so on, by the time you get to the end you a lot more rice than you think you would...

https://purposefocuscommitment.medium.com/the-rice-and-the-chess-board-story-the-power-of-exponential-growth-b1f7bd70aaca

From the kids book the man who counted, but it might be an earlier story.

1 week later
#14963 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:To me, investing in gold isn't doom and gloom (though I do see that associated with it a lot), it's more that if you look at the past 50 years, gold has crushed stocks in 2 of the decades, and floundered horribly in the others.
Basically, if I told you there was an asset class that would perform at 4x or greater when stocks are flat or awful for a long period of time, isn't it worth considering it a little?
If you just look at the 2000 to 2010 area:
market was actually down that decade, so if you were 100% in stocks, you lost money
if you were 95% stocks and 5% gold, you actually made 4x on that 5% for a 20% overall portfolio gain
It's has an asymmetric return profile in that when it's good, it's really good. Same reason people should have a small allocation of crypto, possibility of asymmetric return.

Do you invest in gold etfs? Or actually hold physical gold? What pct do you hold? 5%?

2 weeks later
#15013 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Another BROS day!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I meant to buy more when it dipped to the low 40's. sort of kicking myself now.

4 weeks later
#15369 2 years ago

I bought more disney today too, but i've been in since $105 (may 2020)

1 month later
#15854 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Full disclosure - I thought AirPods were dumb as hell when they came out but now my wife and I both have a pair.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/n5m2xp/oc_airpods_revenue_vs_top_tech_companies/
[quoted image]

I still think they are dumb, but I'm glad others don't since I own the stock.

#15900 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

If it reduces carbon and methane emissions, is a healthier option, reduces needless animal suffering, and still tastes good… well sheeit pardner that sounds pretty darn awesome wouldn’t you say?

I'd probably argue a regular grass-fed burger is a healthier option than an impossible burger or whatever. I eat tons of vegetables, but wouldn't eat one of those on a dare.

2 weeks later
#16042 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Damn, haven't looked, but up 450. 16%
What fn news is there?
And here I was a bottom feeder and hoping to get 10 shares tomorrow morning.@ 2700 ish. Opps.

Eps beat by 700%

#16051 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I invested in property instead of bonds as my safe and secure nest egg. I bought a newer townhome in a hip walkable neighborhood with cash, rent it for steady income, and it's value has increased about 35% in 5 years.

I have one residential rental and a commercial building (my business rents one office and I lease 2). Right now they are break even with loan payments. It's part of my overall retirement plan, which seems to be a little here, a little there. The residential rental went up about 60% since I bought it as my first home 7 years ago. Phoenix property prices are loco right now though. My main house went up about 40% in 2 years.

1 year later
#19426 10 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

So is everyone rich yet?

Not today. Guess I'll have to go to work tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jester523.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.