counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesster64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#522 6 years ago

I am going to go back and read over entire thread, but I have 6 more years I think until retirement so looking at my investments a lot more closely. Luckily was smart enough to put money in 401K since I was hired 30 years ago. I recently put a big chunk into AT&T. It was 43 at the time and only going up i thought. Naturally its slid back down in the past 6 months. But they are safe, give dividends, have diversified into Direct TV, and have Time Warner deal on the table. If truth be told, I thought the pokemon craze would boost stocks since everyone would be going to unlimited data plan. Now that it slid, I am not panicing, just means I get more shares for less with my allotted money. The rest of 401K I am going to let fidelity choose my stocks, but I did say no to international stocks, I just think world is too crazy right now.
Trump wants to cut corporate tax which I think is fantastic. My girlfriend thinks upper management is just going to increase their bonuses with the money, my friend, VP of BIG company says they would definitely reinvest that money. So who knows. I would like to retire early. Worms and golfballs dont cost a fortune and my hundai is good enough to get me around. Which is also why I dont have any of the newer pins when I can go to modern pinball in NY and play all I want for peanuts.

#523 6 years ago

Just read thru thread, very interesting. Also tells me to let the pros handle my account. I thought oil would never go down when it was sky high a year ago. Figured everyone needs it, it can only go up. I also thought gold would stay high. Luckily I didn't invest in those 2, but I would have if I had the money. I plan on collecting ss asap. As i told my mother, when she was 65, she was wasting 2 years of collecting while waiting for the max. It would take 20 years of collecting to make up for the waiting.(My math is not spot on, too tired to get it exact). I dont plan on living past 75. Too much radiation from tv as a youth and too much alcohol. When push comes to shove I can get by on very little. Enjoying life and not sitting behind a desk is worth a few financial sacrifices, like not getting the latest Pin or driving a porsche. I can always rent a porsche when I have the urge and go to arcades with a handful of quarters. But I can also get by on first person shooter games on PC. But plans can change in an instant, which is why insurance is a must.

3 weeks later
#537 6 years ago

Question on AT&T. was at $43 , seems like a few months ago, now at $32. Time warner deal will most likely go through and they pay decent dividends. Why is stock so low? Or should I consider it on sale and load up? I'm looking at 6 years down the road towards retirement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Boards
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesster64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=jesster64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.