New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 175889)

Stock Market Traders?

By kpg

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,371 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by marlboroman
  • Topic is favorited by 152 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 319 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

200w.gif
    563E7380-383D-4584-8F24-4AB37A2394DF.png
    1BCD9B76-0C99-43B8-96D0-17B7A10F3A4C (resized).png
    5E4495AB-116C-4AD3-B09A-F096C56D5B9C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2020+Roth+IRA+Income+Phaseout+Limits (resized).PNG
    lSoUQr2 (resized).jpg
    4fcdu0 (resized).jpg
    0E25A5D2-741F-4B9D-B64F-2CB8A2DD8891 (resized).jpeg
    tsla2 (resized).JPG
    tsla1 (resized).JPG
    4dqtmt (resized).jpg
    596DB4C9-1B26-4F29-8702-566786EA197E (resized).jpeg
    Liam-Neeson (resized).jpg
    200px-Pets.com_sockpuppet (resized).jpg
    6AD0AD21-1EF3-4676-8A4D-F89119D35852 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4238 4 months ago

Just saw this post for the first time. Funny enough, back in March I decided to dip a toe into day trading because the market had (in my opinion) bottomed out, and there was a lot of potential upside. My goal was to try to make enough during the economic recovery period to pay for a new stern pro in full.

Over the past 10 weeks my day trading has gone exceptionally well, and just this morning, I cleared the $10k milestone (almost 2 stern pros). My initial bets in Tesla, Netflix and Wayfair paid off huge as lockdown commenced. Now I am doing well with United Airlines and Apple.

I know that I will end up loosing 35% in taxes next April since I’m holding these stocks for only 1-2 days at a time which is a bummer, but right now I’m feeling pretty good about how things are going.

I don’t pretend to be an expert, and some of my bets got very lucky. For those of you on the sidelines I would consider getting in now or possibly waiting to see if the economy takes another downturn with so many Americans being unemployed. For those of you who have been investing for years I’d love to hear your recommendations and lessons learned. My house has room for 4 pins and I currently only have one (Stern Jurassic Park). My new goal is to make enough in investments to possibly add Stern’s new TMNT (Depending on upcoming gameplay streams) along with JJP’s Pirates and (fingers crossed) their upcoming GnR.

Happy Flipping!

Kevin

1 week later
    #4289 4 months ago
    Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Just saw this post for the first time. Funny enough, back in March I decided to dip a toe into day trading because the market had (in my opinion) bottomed out, and there was a lot of potential upside. My goal was to try to make enough during the economic recovery period to pay for a new stern pro in full.
    Over the past 10 weeks my day trading has gone exceptionally well, and just this morning, I cleared the $10k milestone (almost 2 stern pros). My initial bets in Tesla, Netflix and Wayfair paid off huge as lockdown commenced. Now I am doing well with United Airlines and Apple.
    I know that I will end up loosing 35% in taxes next April since I’m holding these stocks for only 1-2 days at a time which is a bummer, but right now I’m feeling pretty good about how things are going.
    I don’t pretend to be an expert, and some of my bets got very lucky. For those of you on the sidelines I would consider getting in now or possibly waiting to see if the economy takes another downturn with so many Americans being unemployed. For those of you who have been investing for years I’d love to hear your recommendations and lessons learned. My house has room for 4 pins and I currently only have one (Stern Jurassic Park). My new goal is to make enough in investments to possibly add Stern’s new TMNT (Depending on upcoming gameplay streams) along with JJP’s Pirates and (fingers crossed) their upcoming GnR.
    Happy Flipping!
    Kevin

Talk about beginner's luck!

Last week Thursday I decided to take a big risk and put all of my COVID earnings to date plus the savings amount I started with into United Airlines. Over the past 3 days that stock has shot up 50%!!! As of a few minutes ago, my COVID earnings to date are roughly 4-5 Stern Pros. Hoping this economy continues to rally and we don't see a spike of COVID cases in the next few weeks. In the meantime I certainly feel like celebrating. Very happy I decided to take the plunge 3 months ago and get into day trading. I'm sure returns like this are unheard of during more standardized economic times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside