New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 175889)

Stock Market Traders?

By kpg

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,969 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Baiter
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 335 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

76175006-01B4-4CDA-B0FB-C7D65D465CBB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B89F269F-C46F-40C5-AE4C-181976788587 (resized).jpeg
    patriot.gif
    20201120_173001 (resized).jpg
    original_258137496 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.39.54 AM (resized).png
    tdoc (resized).JPG
    80ac6c6e8ec0a109316e09e9bea3570c.gif
    I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif
    C88D47F0-041A-4A46-B4C5-125711C7605A (resized).png
    nathan-fillion.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cEKRbMz.gif
    sell (resized).JPG
    E177DDBA-88C5-4FB5-B34C-FD3137EFED6A (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

I've always been curious about investments but never know how to dive into these things. I remember when tesla came out. I wanted to invest but never knew the way. Now something else as peaked my curiosity...how would one start?

3 years later
    #1351 10 months ago

I've got some money in a stock trade account but really have no clue where to get started with all the terminology. Any good reads I should be aware of?

7 months later
    #5086 73 days ago

Hi guy really new to trading. What do you guys do when markets crash...keep the stocks you have and just buy more on sale or take stocks out and wait for the crash to happen and then buy? I'm debating on the right approach.

Got caught up in NNOX...bought some shares at $18 and then $52 just to watch everything crash. I thought I had done some due diligence by looking into the board of directors and who they were. I'm still holding the shares.

I have diversified in roughly 15 stocks. Don't want to stretch myself too thin.

#5118 72 days ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Depends on the reason you bought them in the first place.
    Gambling/Investing
    Sometimes a crash is a discount and reason to buy
    Sometimes a stock declines for a very good reason and it's time to sell

Looking for long term (20 years). I have picked stocks in:
    5G
    Renewable energy
    Electrical vehicles
    Tech
    Assisted living (tools to help seniors), gonna have plenty hit that age in the near future
    Pot
    Pharma
    Entertainment
    SPAC
    Small amount in Airlines (waiting for the other shoe to drop before investing there)
    Waste Management

#5125 72 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

The key take away is to know when to Hold em and know when to Fold em or buy low and sell high. Good luck my friend

I'm wait for the second wave to hit at this point. Just stocking cash for the next few weeks and then go on a buying fenzy. Hopefully that plan will payoff

#5158 71 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Well, after buying Tesla 2 weeks ago at 340 and selling at 440 last week, I'm going to dip my toes back in. Here are the buys I'm scoping.
    Progressively larger TSLA pickups at 400 (executed), 390 (executed) , 380 (soon!), 370, 360, 350, 340. I expect TSLA to bottom out at about 360 and turn upwards, but don't want to miss it.
    OXY pickup if it drops under 10.
    AAPL pickup if it drops under 100.
    Purely speculative plays and for the record have the vast majority of my holdings in sensible mutual funds I don't mess with.

I'm waiting for this pandemic wave 2 to strike. The hurt on the markets is far from over.

#5181 71 days ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I like A LOT where the “our market” is after today
    We keep making higher highs and higher lows
    And if you aren’t doing that then it’s time to reassess

I don't have the capital hence my bet to hoard has much cash as possible until the crash shows up

#5193 69 days ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I had thought about CCL..
    A few months ago I would have thought noone would ever want to cruise again after this.
    After some time of seeing how completely stupid and reckless most people are anyways I think they have a good shot of coming back.
    Plus they are generally cheap vacations and money will be tighter for allot of people.
    Cruises are all about getting loaded for allot of people and the lockdown has made countless numbers of new alcoholics too.

I had the same sentiment and realized exactly the same thing. My bet is to buy these stocks exactly once the upcoming lockdown shows up and the people that have been holding on to these stocks panic.... 2 years from now tourism, travel and every company that survived the pandemic in the beat down sector will be making A SHIT LOAD of money.

Think holiday providers for people that want to go south. All the snowbirds in Canada are bitching that they can't go to Florida this season, and some are dumb enough to go even when insurance doesn't cover for Covid 19 related illnesses. Some are getting their cars towed down to Florida for them and they fly.

That should put things into perspective.

I'm buying boat cruises, airlines, trains, tourism industry.... People will PAY to take a getaway after this is all over. Which means another thing AIRBNB IPO. These guys will make an absolute KILLING once this is over. They have proven they can outlast storms because well, they don't need to invest in buildings to make their business model viable.

#5201 69 days ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It's a risk. A lot of the companies in that category just don't have the cash to survive. Profit margins are slim even in good times. The damage may already be done. Picking a future winner isn't that easy. Lots of things can happen when a company is beat down. Bankruptcy is the obvious one but there are other things just as painful. I held Fruit of the Loom when Warren Buffett bought it and cancelled the stock by paying down their debt. Guess what I got in that deal? if you guessed nothing you would be correct. In my opinion nearly all of these super depressed companies are not worth investing in long term. Short term - maybe. I think money is better invested in the winners. Winners make money and continue to grow (usually).

True.
    Personally, I believe the Canadian Government would never let Air Canada fail. It's the only national carrier in Canada. I could be naive in this statement. Now when AC merges with Air Transat in the fourth quarter it will give AC not only be the title of only "Canadian National Airline" but also the owner of Canada's biggest Holiday Travel Airline. They would have all bases covered.

Some of these companies have huge cash reserves but the real determining factor is the time it will take for people to hop on the band wagon again and travel. News of a working vaccine would be the determining factor here and the amount of doses required to protect the population. I hoping we receive news before the end of November on that front.

1 month later
    #5796 11 days ago

yeah same here I bought some RUN and ENPH when both it $50 and $95....chickened out and sold at $55 and $100. I couold have made $10K in less than 3 weeks if I had more experience.

With that said what do people feel about SNOW. I have a large position right now.

#5821 10 days ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I do also, but if it's time to get out, I sell.
    I don't let the tax consequences dictate my holdings ever unless I am close to moving from an ST to a LT tax basis

I won't be surprised to see Palantir fall roughly in the $14.50 - $15.50 range besides you have new like this
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/soros-laments-investment-in-palantir-and-says-he-will-sell-the-rest-when-allowed-11605692099

In other words.. buy the dip

#5861 8 days ago
    Quoted from athenspin:

LGVW Butterfly Inc. starting to make some noise with sizable investments from some of the big boys including Bill and Melinda Gates. It’s a spac, could have some pretty big potential.

Yup locked that in about 3 days ago I cannot see a downside to this tech. Tapping into a market of 40 million doctors. And then in about 20 years with everyone tech savvy, some people will even have these in their homes. This is a very long play (at least for me) Bought 150 shares and I'm going to forget about them for many years.

CIIC Aquisition is another SPAC that will merge with Arrival in Q1 2021. Currently way overvalued but keeping an eye out.
    SBE Aquisition with Chargepoint - I bought really low at $14. Hoping for a dip at around $25 to get more.

#5901 5 days ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I sold 40% of my PLTR at $29.40 today. I pulled out an amount which is almost what I put in buying at $11.25, $13.50 and $15.25. I letting the rest roll long term on house money.
    I usually don’t trim and let my winners roll because I am a long term holder. I have many double and even triple baggers this year by doing this, but don’t recall having one that went up as quickly as PLTR did. Still still have a sizable position and I hope the company does well in the short and long term.
    That was fun

That was an awesome ride. If you want back... wait...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 159.00
    $ 289.00
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside