200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fieldsweeper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Disagree on the boat loan in one particular case. If the boat has a bed, head, and galley, it can be considered a second home for tax purposes, based upon usage. This can be very beneficial.

I too disagree. It depends on interest. If you are borrowing at less than you are earning then you are better off investing the money you saved when taking the loans money.

If you are earning 7-8% a YOY ROI then borrowing at less than that is pure profit. NOW I will say a down payment is never worth it most of the time. Even for a house except most have to. I had a VA loan so I took the down payment and used it to start my investing. Make 8% on money I would have spent on a 3% loan. That is just a waste if I spent it on a down payment.

The only time you should borrow is when you can use the cash to make more than its costing you to borrow. However I would never borrow money strictly for trading as that's a risk obviously BUT theoretically you could. I mean if you could get a HELOC for 2.5% for a decent amount I WOULD totally do that for a large amount and put it in a decent investment spread. But that is just me lol.

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Problem is, past ROI is no guarantee for future ROI. Current market returns can easily trick a new investor into thinking it's normal and expected.
Paying cash and being debt free gives you a sense of security and piece of mind that many value

Sure there could be a crash, there was a mini one for covid but it showed how resilient its getting. 2008 had a good one. and before that decades before.

However the Average YOY ROI is around 11% averaged out through the entire history. so that is a pretty good average. If you get 2/3rds of that with your investments if you chose wisely or used safe bets. etc. You should be fine. as you get older you move items in to less risky situations. That is how a 401k works you chose more aggressive strategy when younger with more risk = more reward and if unrewarded you have time to recover. As you get close to retiring you do not wanna be going all in on one bet now would you? lol

So pas ROI is actually a pretty good measure of future aspects. If you want to contemplate a random crash of an unforeseen reason that is not really going to be viable and then NO ONE should EVER invest and the stock market should be closed down.

However even if you invested in 2008 you would have recovered all of your money and then some. if you bought MORE there fore lowering your entry point you'd have still made money. above the inflation rate for sure and still have been around average.

I think its the ones that really truly do not know what they are doing and they just toss it into a managed account that see that way. But you if you actually do your own trading and the due diligence behind it. and have an understanding of the fundamentals you would be fine even in a crash.

As its crashing, sell out. when it bottoms out/ starts to climb back up you buy back in and buy MORE to make up for the loses when the market returns. It always has. and if it ever does not return and continue growing the world is going to end.

just from inflation alone the market is always growing. there are spikes and dips and even crashes and bubbles but its always going up at an approx. 11% trend You just have to divide your money right to match (or beat) or just come in under that average. That is where the skills come in and the due diligence of research etc.

http://prntscr.com/uynhy1

I believe that is a decent climb for 100 years of crashes and rebounds including several bubbles. And the dow I think lags behind a tad of overall.

1 week later
#5395 3 years ago

Was anyone here around for the KBIO stuff lol.

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

No, what was that?

KBIO was a pharma penny stock that was like .10 cents. Martin Shkreli Quietly bought enough shares to own the company and raised the price to around 20 (it was a few weeks or days of buying from a few cents to like 2 dollars before it REALLY took off. and up to around 50 at one point I think. some people were shorting the stock (why the fuck you would short a penny stock is beyond me. Or anything really, only even money upside and nearly unlimited downside)

But fraud and such took place of over stuff. Some thought he was going to use the company for some reason to go public with turing pharma. I do not really remember the details. But i was able to put 2k into it when it was around 5 bucks. but sold out long before 20 or even 50 bucks lol. Before that happened it was already suspect so it was HIGHLY volatile at the time. Made a little bit of money.

just look up KBIO fiasco lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fieldsweeper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=fieldsweeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.