200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dropgems.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16107 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It's nuts. A few months ago "cash is trash" was the prevailing wisdom.

Cash is usually always trash though except on really shitty market days.

#16132 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t buy any options, only sell Puts and Calls so I don’t know the mechanics of how I’d get them to execute or not.
Many times I’ll be forced to buy a stock near the money and made good profit. It’s because the stocks typically will recover. I bought those shares of KO a while back when they were $47.5
I don’t know why someone who is bullish on a company like FB wouldn’t sell some low out of the money Puts for income and if you’re forced to buy FB at $190 (or whatever) so he it. FB down almost 50%

I sell calls and puts a lot. I sold a lot of puts a month ago. Paypal 100, roblox 45, fb 195 etc. really thought they would all expire worthless. They’re expiring next week. PayPal is like 103 now, Roblox 48, and fb 204. I don’t mind owning them at the prices I sold them at but shelling out possibly like a 100k next week to purchase them during a potential war kicking off in Europe kinda sucks. will probably just roll them lol.

1 week later
#16217 2 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

OXY has strong moves up yesterday and today. I think it may go to mid 50’s in the near term.

Bought Oxy and Murphy at the absolute pandemic bottom in march 2020 (total lucky timing). Sold Oxy $50 calls yesterday just because I have too much oil exposure but Oxy and mur looking good!

2 weeks later
#16348 2 years ago

I lump summed a bunch today into the market after jpow said “no 2022 recession in sight”. That’s good enough for me. Yea everything still feels sketchy but if this isn’t the bottom or close to it then whatever. Vixx is down. Tired of the daily grind in this yo-yo market lol.

#16350 2 years ago

3 greens in a row. Spy breaks 440. Vix down to 25.

1 month later
#16441 1 year ago

Hard to tell wtf is gonna happen but we’re still pretty far away from the March lows and we rallied super hard after that so I’m buying. Sentiment changes so fast though, anything can happen. I bought FB yesterday. Snap not tanking off the miss was kinda promising too.

1 week later
#16528 1 year ago

The 10k limit on i bonds sucks I must say. Was ready to go all in lol.

#16558 1 year ago

Have a ton of Amazon and google ready for the splits. Down like 15% on Amazon and 8% on alphabet. That was the worst day for Amazon since 2006. Go figure right after I hop in.

#16572 1 year ago

Quoted from spidey:

Anyone brave enough to buy some TQQQ and wait for the recovery?

Almost bought tqqq calls end of day then said F this

#16596 1 year ago

Markets def broken but we’re rallying tomm off any good cpi data. Bet.

#16611 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Damn it! Apple is breaking down. Bad news for NASDQ and overall market but maybe now the capitulation can start.

Spy, apple, msft… Rough! Closer to the bottom than the top though. Will be a great buying opportunity soon!

#16614 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Agreed but so far every rally has been clobbered by the sellers by day's end. They're firmly in control. We have to just go along for the ride. It won't be a short ride either I'm afraid, it maybe a year or so before the full optimism comes back. First sign of hope will be the inflation sinking below 5%.

True but at least it will be a fun ride with plenty of face-ripping’ fakeout rallies lol.

#16619 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My portfolio is a bloodbath. BA, PayPal, Upstsrt, Draft Kings, Chewy, NVDA, AMD, Under Armour, Okta, Fort, all massacred. Even SAP and Moderna have been gutted. But nothing like Fivrr and pins. Ouch.
Gotta figure some of these are cheap enough to pick up more, but who knows.

Nothing escapes unscathed. Looking forward to bargain amd and nvda prices tho…

1 week later
#16682 1 year ago

Hard to tell which way is up anymore. Fibonacci bottom should be spy 340-360 though. I will prob push cash all in or half in when that hits.

#16698 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

That won't happen....last time the iceberg beneath the ocean was derivatives, they amplified the losses a 100 fold if not more. It was also uniquely dangerous because it involved one of the safest instruments in the market, mortgage backed securities. This time it's just regular olé economic jitters: inflation, tightening and supply chain interruption, also add war and geopolitical risk to that mix and you got yourself a recipe for panic. Once the inflation shows even the smallest sign of abiding the market will explode to the upside. There are signs of inflation peaking already.....hang tight, we're rounding the bend.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/investing/stocks-week-ahead/index.html
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/inflation-hit-peak-highs-in-march
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/05/investing-club-were-not-panicking-cramer-sees-inflation-peaking-looks-for-stock-buys.html

I’m with you. Mild recession, bouncy 8-12 months. Nothing catastrophic. Another 10% down worst case.

3 weeks later
#16758 1 year ago

Stocks are way more flexible and liquid than real estate. Real estate is a liability too. I have both but RE is a pain in the ass compared to stocks lol. You can basically air bnb stocks with options selling covered calls etc. you should have both stocks and real estate but stocks are so easy compared to grinding real estate.

#16852 1 year ago

Hang in there ya savages. Gotta be close to the bottom… 340-360.

3 months later
#17480 1 year ago
Quoted from BRONX:

Anyone touching Intel???
Nice yield, is it safe though??
Any thoughts?

Sold March 2023 $17.50 puts. Intel will be good again by like 2024-2025. Semis spiraling now though and intel is laggin behind.

1 week later
#17524 1 year ago

Fed deadset to over tighten and break economy. Stocks ultimately go lower until guidance changes.

#17529 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I'm still at 88.5% cash - call me crazy, but glad I've been paranoid so far. Down 2.25% for the year plus whatever damage inflation did to my cash

Nice. Was the one year in the last decade that staying cash actually worked! But well played.

1 week later
#17600 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Stay out of semiconductors for the time being. It's a terrible sector to be in.

Oh I’m way out… sold nvda $80 puts (awhile back) and amd $40’s (recently), 45dte. Should be good… unless 1987 happens.

#17603 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, what does this week in front of us look like? It’s earnings season…

Markets are screwed basically. There’s zero good news to hang on to unfortunately. Expect continued volatility and then ultimately…. ::gulp:: the abyss.

#17622 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Is the Dow going to dip down below 20,000 in the next 2 years? CPI print was hotter than expected. Stocks looking to open in the crapper.

No way it’s going below 20k

#17635 1 year ago

We had like 10 red days in a row so rally isn’t that weird when you think about it. It just feels weird because everything is totally screwed up.

#17646 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My friend's 16 year old kid is looking to read up on investing and asked about an introduction to investing and the market type of book for beginners. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

The Reddit forum “wallstreetbets” is a great starting point

#17691 1 year ago

Elections won’t mean dick this year. Fed running the show.

2 weeks later
#17861 1 year ago

Been running strangles on apple. Will own a lot when it rolls over and it will.

#17893 1 year ago

Markets smashed. Sold csps. Megacaps dead.

#17896 1 year ago

Sold bunch of $55 dvn csps for dec. 2nd

1 week later
#17997 1 year ago

Boeing up like 35% in a few weeks and overbought. Shorting it. I also sold nvda $180 naked calls. looking for retracement on both but expect rally to continue to 4100… choppy style.

#18002 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Boeing has been a terrible disappointment to me,. It's my portfolio's largest concentration. With that said I don't know whether to cheer you on or caution you, I really don't...Just use some tight stops. This thing has been bucking the trend as of late.

Def was bucking the trend but it’s ripped massively. I’m also long Boeing in other longterm accounts but it needs a haircut after that insane run up.

Eod spy selloff was definitely confusing today btw.

#18003 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Def was bucking the trend but it’s ripped massively. I’m also long Boeing in other longterm accounts but it needs a haircut after that insane run up.

Eod spy selloff was definitely confusing today btw

#18029 1 year ago

Sold some devon csps today

#18058 1 year ago
158CA7FE-4DEA-4E18-B6CF-C63EF24F530C (resized).png158CA7FE-4DEA-4E18-B6CF-C63EF24F530C (resized).png
1 week later
#18153 1 year ago

December range 3900-4200

#18174 1 year ago

Best strat for me this year has just been churning 0dte ATM futures premium on ES.
It crushes in a flat / range market.

#18175 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Best strat for me this year has just been churning 0dte ATM futures premium on ES.
It crushes in a flat market.

#18179 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yes Ice I also feel certain “beaten down” high growth stocks could easily rise 30,40,50% or more in the next year or two. This time around it won’t be 100 of them at a time though like 2020 into 2021. Which ones will run?? Hmmmm

Just buy Arkk here. Yea it’s a total meme but it will give you exposure without picking individual dumpsters and it will meme out and rally giving you that high beta upside. Been selling csps on it the whole time in the $30’s range.

#18183 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't particularly love Cathie Woods management style. Her team seem blinded by the long term stories but ignore market reality and valuations. I wouldn't invest with her, high flyers are not the place to be at this time.

Yea she sucks but the fund is hammered and it’s a trendy bellwether for high beta and memes so it’s safer than buying individual names like Roku etc and praying if you want the exposure.

I have no idea what will outperform. The DJI stocks just went on a massive run. Oil is toppy. I’ve squeezed them all. Been back looking at smashed growth stuff.

#18186 1 year ago

I was early af with oil and got out a little early but with lots of profit. I know oil is the new darling but I would short xle here and rotate into financials.

#18190 1 year ago

short xle. Oil ded for now.

#18206 1 year ago

Tsla is a tempting short but mean reverts quick. I shorted it a few times the past month. You gotta really follow the levels like a pro or you’ll get whipsawed all over the place.

#18211 1 year ago

Santa rally or selloff?

#18214 1 year ago

Yea hard to say. There’s a strong case for no Santa rally too with dxy and Vix rebound in December. We’ll see… hopefully no surprises with cpi and fomc.

#18236 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You think? I bet we'll be up from here in a week or so. As soon as this rate hike fades they'll be talking lower CPI and PPI numbers and possible earlier pivot... It's a never ending cycle of boom and bust talk. With that said it wouldn't be a bad idea to free up a little cash for the new year.

Hard to call. We blasted through several key support levels. Looking pretty bearish.

#18242 1 year ago

Markets going to new lows in a couple months. Support is weak af. Maybe we get a 1 day santa bounce but it’s super bearish.

#18305 1 year ago

Apple gonna get its balls cut off (tho it has been holding up quite well)… Just a matter of time. Look at Tsla… Ded.

#18307 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yeah, but apple actually made money over the last decade. I don't know that I would compare it with Tesla.

Tsla made investors like 7 times more money than Apple in the last decade.

#18310 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll take $111 billion and growing in “special” FCF
Great analysis though. Just a matter of time? 30 yrs from now?

30 days probably. Stock is already down 25% from just it’s august peak.

#18314 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got it. Thx for the update. How much farther down? Another 40% or so? Is that the def of “balls cut off”.
I’ll be waiting for a nice dip if it happens again to pick up more share for the long term.

I haven’t analyzed it but don’t really have too, it already hit $128 this year and it’s blowing through all its current support. I’ll ping you at $120 next month though.

#18316 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I do not. I work for a very large brokerage firm - we have our own technical guys who are most excellent.
We also have a technical call once a week and we have full access to Funstrat.

It may have but it was trading on momentum and inflated expectations in a free money world.
That world is gong for a long time. I would stay away for now.

Absolutely. Just saying, Tsla brought in max alpha last decade.

#18325 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So 10% down? Short the market? Might be the best play for Jan
Ok good. Cash ready to go
The one thing about being a long term investor is that you have to accept the fact that what we own won’t always be at 52 week highs and goes up in a straight line.
If it was that easy then we would all be billionaires
As a CPA as well that my firm does tax returns for clients, that has to factor into long term decisions. We give tax advice
“Buy when others are fearful and there is blood in the streets”.
Tough to do isn’t it. Panic time?

Quoted from iceman44:

So 10% down? Short the market? Might be the best play for Jan
Ok good. Cash ready to go
The one thing about being a long term investor is that you have to accept the fact that what we own won’t always be at 52 week highs and goes up in a straight line.
If it was that easy then we would all be billionaires
As a CPA as well that my firm does tax returns for clients, that has to factor into long term decisions. We give tax advice
“Buy when others are fearful and there is blood in the streets”.
Tough to do isn’t it. Panic time for most?

Panicking? A little late to panic man. This was obvi a year ago.

#18328 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m asking YOU about your panic. A massive rally is on its way, most likely 2nd half of 2023. I’ll ping you after it happens
Volatility creates some great opportunity.
See ENERGY. A year ago? It’s a been a GREAT year !!!
Bond market says Fed stops and net dovish for 2023.
I’m also looking at shorting short term treasuries in the Jan as the yield curve reverts. Long end of the curve if anything
AAPL, MSFT and lastly GOOGL big for 2023
Can be patient. I’d buy more IF market gets down to 3,300-3,500. All the way down

I know you are and no I’m not panicking. Been selling massive puts in my PM account. No point accumulating here though. Vix is barely awake.

#18339 1 year ago

Yea it’s impossible to short though. I’ve tried a bunch of times. Have fun getting whipsawed all over the place and margin called lol. Worst stock to short.

#18356 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Remember this? Wish I had held my short longer...

Yea the problem is the whipsaw… 175-150-180-200-155 you lose your mind. This last descent was brutal though and would’ve worked out nicely.

2 weeks later
#18475 1 year ago

Markets super toppy. Look for blow off top then sell off in a matter of weeks.

#18477 1 year ago

Based on what? Bad earnings, some other measure, or just “the sky is falling”?

Technicals

1 week later
#18530 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No guru commentary? wtf
What’s the research desk saying now?
Clueless

Short sp500 futures
Long volatility
Tech ded

#18561 1 year ago

Lol Tesla up 75% in 3 weeks. Very healthy. Friday was just a massive gamma squeeze combined with short covering.
Very good chance that Friday was the short term top. Didn’t look anything at all like a bull market to me. Vix likely bottomed as well Friday. Would be surprised if sp500 wasn’t hard capped at 4100. Of course, anything goes with FOMC and huge earnings this week. We’ll see…

#18571 1 year ago

Anyone have any predictions for this week?
I’m still short spx, long Vix. I think earnings mostly suck and fed is hawkish with 25bps and no pause (data dependent yada yada) and Vix bottomed at 18.

#18573 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You're on the right track. Bear market rally all the way. As everyone's been saying fade tech..fade all the risk names, they're coming back down.

Yea, hard not to be bear biased this week after Nasdaq is up 10% ytd. Wacky markets, wacky price action.

#18575 1 year ago

Nat gas dead and buried

#18638 1 year ago

Market beyond overbought. Tech earnings and guidance sucked. Short covering and gamma squeeze rallies. Fake bull market. That’s all I’m going to say until proven otherwise.

#18644 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ping me. Already proven otherwise? VIX.
Tech is “dead”.
Great analysis though.

Tech is dead… fundamentally. Can’t account for short covering etc. My two largest positions are amazon and google bags from last year on quality dips. Earnings and guidance suck. Yea buying Tesla a month ago and making 90% in a month was the best play of the decade. Let’s see your buy order though. I only saw the nat gas one

I thought you only cared about fundamentals?

Vix likely hard bottomed this past week. Over 20 next week. I’ll ping you.

#18645 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Short term it is and we are hitting technical resistance also. That said market definitely has a better feel to it the past month.. We shall see. A broad market breakout above 4200 is what we need for some preliminary confirmation. Couldn't do it yet and I didn't expect it yet, especially with the crazy payroll print today. Very strong employment numbers mean higher rates for longer is very likely.

Yea we’re def range bound. Lot of mixed signals. Obviously last month was a great buying opportunity in hindsight. Fed presser also was somewhat of a macro game changer for sure. Then NFP come out and make it all that much more confusing. Crazy.

#18646 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Tech is dead… fundamentally. Can’t account for short covering etc. My two largest positions are amazon and google bags from last year on quality dips. Earnings and guidance suck. Yea buying Tesla a month ago and making 90% in a month was the best play of the decade. Let’s see your buy order though. I only saw the nat gas one
I thought you only cared about fundamentals?
Re: technicals Vix likely hard bottomed this past week. Likely over 20 next week. I’ll ping you.

#18665 1 year ago
898AADA0-C85F-4B9F-9900-B33B4E7F80EE (resized).png898AADA0-C85F-4B9F-9900-B33B4E7F80EE (resized).png
#18704 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Vix likely hard bottomed this past week. Over 20 next week. I’ll ping you.

iceman44 pinged sir

Still short sp500 via futures
Still long volatility
Short tech
Short Tesla and nvidia specifically as of today at the highs.

Same story as before. I think the rally is dead. Markets overpriced. Headed back down. Was a pretty convincing little fake breakout though.

951590E9-AE09-41E4-BF34-A347B17F7BAF (resized).png951590E9-AE09-41E4-BF34-A347B17F7BAF (resized).png
#18706 1 year ago
Quoted from Monk:

Are you posting a 1 day chart showing everyone how right you were? You might be right, you might be wrong, but a 1 day chart doesn’t show anything about the market.

Definitely not. You can look at the weekly chart. Vix is up 20% since I called the bottom on it in here.

#18712 1 year ago

How much pullback you see coming??

I don’t have a grand thesis or a timeline (that’s why im short futures and not dated puts). We could be rangebound and just chop all year between 3800-4200. I just feel r/r is significantly better to the downside and we’re toppy. There’s a ton of bearish divergence I see, specifically Vix, dxy and tlt. I played off these signals and it paid off. I think the worst is behind us but I wouldn’t be shocked if we made new lows. I think last week was the temp top but again I wouldn’t be shocked if we retested the high from last week.

So yea… pretty vague predictions from me but I did call out the vix weeks ago and also the nvidia and Tsla short (though both were pretty obvious). Cheers.

#18718 1 year ago

Everyone is trying to knife catch nat gas. I sold boil $6 puts that expired worthless Friday. Have $5’s expiring this Friday.

#18723 1 year ago

Cpi predictions? I hate these binary event days.

#18734 1 year ago

Selling oxy and dvn puts still good? Did it a lot last year but not this year. Both pretty slammed today.

#18746 1 year ago

Markets through some key support today. Let’s see if it bounces. Lot of downward pressure and markets pretty resilient. Something has to give though.

#18761 1 year ago

These rangebound directionless markets are great for selling 0dte futures options on the indexes. This is my core strategy and the leveraged return stacking is completely nuts.

#18763 1 year ago

I’m sure you know what you’re doing, but I just read an article about how this can be dangerous, and a lot of money can be lost.

Yea you definitely have to watch your leverage with futures. As long as youre cash secured to take assignment and handle the drawdown you’re good though. I basically just run a 0dte wheel on ES at about 2x notional value leverage. It’s definitely not for everyone but it’s been amazing for the past 3 months.

#18767 1 year ago

We are right where we should be from the fiscal deficit/surplus standpoint from made up chart I shared a month ago Jan 26. Bounced off lower on Friday. I attached chart again. Anything below here is “likely” a gift to buy but could happen - 3800’s, 3700’s. But one will have many reasons to not hit the buy button. Wont be easy easy again until October, but will likely “grind” higher until then.
Weird. We are getting a lot of warning from the experts that doom and gloom will never end.
And is this the way it usually works - “we get a huge heads ups from experts saying - get ready - the bad is coming!!” ?? I think those MF’s will make a lot of bets against retail and even their own clients as the year rolls on. Maybe I am a skeptic
On interest rates like I said -
From here on - higher interest rates help anyone with money from small amounts and “keeps getting better” for those with more and more all the way on up by paying “more” interest payments out to them each month. This will only add hundreds and hundreds of billions with a B more to the economy. How high they want to go? For how long.? Also where will “folks with money” put this gift to work?” Hmmm? They have added to Stocks RE and businesses in the past.
Higher rates overall will just add more money to the money supply. How much do they want to add?
On flip side - Higher interest rates from here on - will just continue to hurt the lower income folks with CC debt who “need” necessities like shelter, food, utilities and need to buy a basic car to get around. How high they want to go? Banks will be OK though.
I don't like to have my feelings get into this ever and don’t base investments on feelings but don’t like this at all. But it’s what is going on right in front of us. Some times when we dig in we find stuff we don’t like.
On the debt cap debate coming in the next few months it will be a great time to once again learn that - the deficit is “the money supply”. We need to add to it to keep people working and longer and harder, get investment for next Gen innovation all the way down to lower income folks having more opportunities and own better products that make their lives better and everything in between. Always remember - “where the money starts with govt spending will always be debated but it “tends” to flow to the right places after.
Me??? Personally my favorite place for Govt spending?? The places it goes to “next”. Like Brady with SB rings.
And I was a “pay down the deficit” “crash the ship now because it will be worse later” guy before last year. I changed. What do you think?
What “I” would do is go out and get part of this money sloshing around the economy. I am talking about pandemic money and now higher rates and interest payments , COLA’s and continued higher Govt spending, through - your work, owning businesses, RE, stocks etc.. Nothing new here, but good to remember.
So! Will see if we stop here and slowly and steadily “grind” higher or have a bit more down to go. But are we just holding off the inevitable???
Fall coming - cocaine bear will turn to cocaine bull?! Maybe that started last Oct??
All IMO.
Have a good week!
[quoted image]

Dollar is too high. I think equities will continue to slowly get walked down until the 3800’s prob. I would definitely start going long there though. Low probability worst case would be a retest of the Oct. lows but I don’t see it without a bad data catalyst.

Higher yields too make a good case for why people would invest in a risky stock market when they can almost get the historical average return of the markets through risk free bonds.

TLDR: lots of headwinds still but worst is prob behind us.

1 week later
#18783 1 year ago

Markets ded.

ps: I will buy anyone’s FF LE spot for Msrp. Pm me.

#18805 1 year ago

Vix 28 touch - check

Top 20 U.S. bank getting liquidated - check

1 week later
#18926 1 year ago

Markets have essentially been pinned to 4000 for the past 10 months. We’ve really gone nowhere. Just been selling 0dte premium the entire time. The narrative can’t get anymore bearish though. Bank vibes are super sketchy but I’ve been selling puts on BofA and WFC as well as FRC and CS. The last two, high risk/high reward. No idea what is going on with FRC looking to sell and needing to raise capital after getting 30 billion injection from the big banks pooling together. Looks really dire and shorts are piling in.

2 months later
#19394 10 months ago

Tom Lee had a gazillion bad takes last year. Market is strange right now. I don’t buy the new bull market personally. Think we’ll see 4000 in the next month then head back up then ultimately crash again in Q4. We’ll see.
Crazy markets though.

3 weeks later
#19453 9 months ago

Apple wasn’t even a good pick iceman lol. You should’ve grabbed meta instead, up like 5x more than apple. Apple underperforming in this cyclical bull/secular bear or whatever you wanna call it.

#19455 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I guess it depends on your starting and end points.
YTD and 1 yr chart sure META has destroyed Apple.
5 yr chart…the opposite.
And apple didn’t have the same severity of a crash that META had. So…maybe more of a less risk less reward situation short term.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I would have been in META…but that drop would have been rough.

Surely. Apple was a great play too and much safer in hindsight but short term meta and nvda alpha was totally ridiculous. I picked Google and Amazon and they both totally sucked as well in comparison

#19456 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A “gazillion”? Way to narrow it down. shouldn’t look back on missing out. FOMO not good now
He’s been great and spot on. You have to rely on fact based research and evidence, filter many different sources with differing view points and make your own assessments.
It’s a much better approach than “pull it out of your ass itis”
“Market is strange right now”. Excellent
I’ll ping you when Apple breaks $200

Tom Lee was offsides for like an entire year. He’s a perma bull and his takes aren’t even actionable imo.

Of course markets are “strange” right now with way more variables and crosscurrents than usual. Liquidity being pumped in and sucked out is just another variable that is muddying the big picture. I definitely don’t think skies are blue and bull market. Tom Lee’s take is delusional. Cyclical bull inside secular bear is my take. Going back down in next 2 quarters. No chance of another decade or half decade of continuous bull imo.

#19465 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Free 30 day trial available. Fact and evidentce evidence based research.
I started with Fundstrat in late 2019. The best call was the ENERGY run that made us a fortune in 2021 and 2022. Spot on
Cheap education. You need it.
With Apple it’s been over a decade of greatness and about 1,200%

I do quite well on my own I don’t need fundstrat and like I said, they bombed hard in 2022 lol. Before that was all easy mode anyways with endless liquidity. Let’s see the next 5 years.

3 weeks later
#19601 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look at that RCL go.
Apple knocking on the $200 door. Will see it soon.
$220 next target stop.

$175*

Everyone ready for a 10% correction? The buy-the-dip froth lords hopefully got the sell signal memo (credit downgrade and 10yr over 4%). At these spx levels the equity risk premium totally sucks compared to t-bill n chill. Enjoy the volatility and rugs!

Sincerely,
Last bear standing

2 weeks later
#19669 8 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

$175*
Everyone ready for a 10% correction?

Got -5% from peak. Bounce here and up to retest. Probably makes new highs then fails, 4200 end of September.

1 month later
#19751 6 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Market rally this morning didn't hold. Buying opportunity could get a bit better.
Meanwhile >>
Oil Jumps to One-Year High as Cushing Stocks Hit Critical Levels
(Bloomberg) -- Oil jumped to a fresh one-year high as crude stockpiles in the largest US storage hub dropped to the lowest since July 2022.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-edges-higher-tightening-market-003025382.html

Tricky market times for sure. What’s your eoy target?

#19762 6 months ago

I’m bearish macro overall but we just had 6% down in a week. That’s a huge move historically. There’s only been like 7 months in the last 15 years where we dropped more than 6% in a month (and a couple were during Covid). I think the bears got long and bulls got short. Bears that got squeezed earlier in the year will get their chance to rip faces off the new bears (bulls that just flipped bear). I think bounce anywhere to spy 440-470 then both former bulls and bears will both flip bearish at the highs retest or new highs and we crash epically.
Just my thesis. Not financial advice. lol

#19786 6 months ago

Going Ev is one of the best lifehacks imo if the situation fits you. Between the no sales tax (depends on state), state/fed rebates, and not paying for gas (condo building where I just use a standard outlet for free), the savings are amazing.

#19809 6 months ago

Let me rephrase that. I should have waited to throw back in until the opening of the day after the first day the market was green after I exited the market. Had I followed that advice I'd still have my money on the sidelines... No matter how I phrase that its hard to follow. If I knew if the market was going up or down for sure I'd be rich!

Super sneaky making you think markets were gonna rip on no govt shutdown and then just rug everyone. Markets spare no one! lol

#19826 6 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Very oversold short term - hang in guys
From our market call this morning..
[quoted image]

What’s your guys overall macro take though? Do you guys see a systemic event happening somewhere from rates being this high or do your guys think we just keep climbing the wall of worry through 2024 etc?

2 weeks later
#19872 6 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

From our call this morning - pick away
[quoted image]

Your guys still like rally into eoy?

#19884 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]
Nothing is for sure but bond market over sold and stocks look to be the same.

We are definitely hanging in the balance and I knew they wouldn’t make an eoy rally easy lol. The buyers “should” show up though. You guys (portfolio managers etc) aren’t bailing right? Wondering where the 4200 bulls are though today…

1 week later
#19961 5 months ago

This market is friggin’ nuts. I bottom ticked the Russell 2000 this week and went all in basically. Looking for it to outperform the sp500 going forward as a catch up trade.

#19964 5 months ago

Yields def peaked. It’s gonna be choppy with one more significantly lower yield spike but I feel like we consolidate and go up from here with bullish pullbacks. Recession has been pushed out a few quarters. Outlook isn’t great and will be bumpy but I don’t see a market crash in the next few quarters. Real bad stuff probably pushed out to 2025 with another correction mid 2024. Russell 2k is a forever hold here imo. Way underperformed last 12 years and has been consolidating here since pre pandemic.

#19966 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Key is a softish landing. Markets have definitely not priced in a deep recession so if the fed sticks with higher rates for too long it could still be a headwind for markets.
Issue for the fed is bringing rates down too soon and seeing inflation accelerate again. Can't have that so risk is definitely there for a deeper than expected recession.

Totally and it’ll probably happen but we have a few quarters it seems until it does. Fed is reactive not proactive so party on until the catalyst hits has been the playbook.

#19968 5 months ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

DropGems, Here is a case for the Russell 2000 for the next decade. Just as good as any theory to watch or invest cautiously:
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/stock-market-outlook-sp500-generational-buy-opportunity-bullish-signal-profits-2023-11

Yes, this is what I’m banking on. Breadth expansion by way of small caps and Russell outperforming Q’s and spx going forward. It’s been a laggard the past 12 years. If you look at 1979-1983 during periods of high inflation and back to back recessions, the Russell outperformed spx by 80%. It’s a crazy market right now, overall things are fairly bad but US equities are still the best place to be.

#19977 5 months ago

I work in government spaces as well and am not hearing/seeing the preparations for a government shutdown on the 17th like I did in early October. I give it a 2% chance of happening this month and as such will not be adjusting my portfolio this time.

Govt shutdown is way different than the debt ceiling debacle too from what I understand. But that’s good to hear.

#20008 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rally looks intact today... buy dips for now I think.

Yea it’s total risk on right now. I mean, bitcoin is at 37k lol. Markets are going to totally rip higher from here.

#20056 5 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

This market is friggin’ nuts. I bottom ticked the Russell 2000 this week and went all in basically. Looking for it to outperform the sp500 going forward as a catch up trade.

Rusty army ^

#20057 5 months ago

6% on the Russell in one day! Wake up bros!

#20112 5 months ago

lol 0% chance we’ll be bartering precious metals for chickens. USD will remain the dominant currency and US the de facto global superpower. China and Russia both have been exposed badly in the last few years. US equities is the best place to be by far imo. Gold is great for a trade or a hedge. I guess it has some apocalyptic intrinsic value but I don’t own any. I’ll barter with vinyl records if SHTF and the internet gets taken out.

#20144 4 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:No bars, I like American gold eagle 1/10 ounce coins.
Identified several food/farm suppliers as well as auto parts who agreed to take silver and gold.
Local Mexican goat ranch, I purchased 2.5 gold Pesos and silver Libertads for those purchases.
1.25 and 1.5 gram 24k coins (Philharmonic, Maple Leaf and Elephant) for everything else.
People I have approached have been receptive to the idea and one already accepts metals when available.
As far as storage, 20K of gold fits in a very small change purse( don't carry it, easily hid).
Remember, if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

Are you Bill Devane?

4 months later
#20831 21 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Still all in Russell futures leveraged heavy. Made a fortune lol.

Hope everyone has been long and making money here. Cheers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dropgems.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=dropgems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.