kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago

My guess is the Canadian marijuana stocks. Man have those things ever shot up! I should have gotten in on Canopy Growth when it was $2. Ah well....

3 years later
#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I see a lot of talk about dividend stocks on here. Are folks primarily buying for the dividend? My broker and I tend to buy stocks that we think are going to have movements up and if they pay a dividend while we wait, that is a bonus. Just curious how others are approaching this.

I like quality companies with sound management who have consistently increased dividends year over year. If they can do that then you know they are doing something right. Buy on dips and don’t try to time the market but when returns are good it might be time to take some off the table and protect profit. KISS principals

#1949 4 years ago

Total insanity. This kind of volatility is not good for people with heart problems!

2 weeks later
#2839 4 years ago

Q2 earnings are going to be a raging dumpster fire. I don’t think the extent of that is already priced in. I’m both eager and horrified to watch the 60 minutes spot on Sunday evening. That isn’t likely to instil average joe investor confidence along with all the other 24hr news cycles.

#2901 4 years ago

Chevrolet said it best: “Like a Rock”

#3077 4 years ago

Carnival is trading at a 24 year low now.

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

this could have something to do with it.
Some of these lines could go bankrupt?

I don't doubt it. I'm staying clear of those companies. Just making a comment about how much the stock turned into a raging dumpster fire.

3 weeks later
#3864 3 years ago

Tesla’s aren’t cheap cars here since they did away with green incentive programs so who is going to buy them in a depressed economy??

Maybe it’s because China is somewhat back online and raw materials are cheaper....?

4 weeks later
#4222 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Boats that have a bed, head, and galley are evidently having good sales in this area. It could be related to low interest rates as these typically are financed for 20 years. Another benefit is that like a motor home, these can be considered a second home for tax purposes.

And if they have a sail you can travel south for cheap when the weather gets cold.

3 months later
#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Hi guy really new to trading. What do you guys do when markets crash...keep the stocks you have and just buy more on sale or take stocks out and wait for the crash to happen and then buy? I'm debating on the right approach.
Got caught up in NNOX...bought some shares at $18 and then $52 just to watch everything crash. I thought I had done some due diligence by looking into the board of directors and who they were. I'm still holding the shares.
I have diversified in roughly 15 stocks. Don't want to stretch myself too thin.

The key take away is to know when to Hold em and know when to Fold em or buy low and sell high. Good luck my friend

1 week later
#5265 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

True.
Personally, I believe the Canadian Government would never let Air Canada fail. It's the only national carrier in Canada. I could be naive in this statement. Now when AC merges with Air Transat in the fourth quarter it will give AC not only be the title of only "Canadian National Airline" but also the owner of Canada's biggest Holiday Travel Airline. They would have all bases covered.
Some of these companies have huge cash reserves but the real determining factor is the time it will take for people to hop on the band wagon again and travel. News of a working vaccine would be the determining factor here and the amount of doses required to protect the population. I hoping we receive news before the end of November on that front.

Be careful with Air Canada. Back about 15 years ago in real lean times they wound down the company and screwed over all the shareholders. Then reissued equity to start fresh again. This was all condoned by the federal government in order to avoid bankrupting the national carrier. Guess who it pained most? Shareholders. Wouldn’t put a dime into any Canadian airline at any time because of this.

2 months later
#6064 3 years ago

These euphoric IPO’s have me humming ‘we’re going to party like it’s 1999’....

Hope the party lasts longer than it did 20 years ago.

What a helluv a way to end 2020... go go go

Good luck to all.

#6067 3 years ago

Anybody following MAXR - bought this little gem in May for about $10

I had been following but abandoned after their last satellite launch was a complete fail and the stock plummeted as a result. There was a short report released around the same time which added salt to investor wounds.

#6069 3 years ago

When was that - because it's been going up past $30 since I bought it including a 6%+ bump today hitting it's 52 week high

#6072 3 years ago

ahh ... guess I got in at the right time cause it's been on a run since this summer

Yes they have! Hope their future satellites aren’t billion dollar space junk for future investors.

1 month later
#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I dumped AMC. I gave it 7 days to do something. I didn't like the direction I was seeing it go. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but I was tired of watching it.
I'll stick with NOK until Feb4 (Earnings) and make my decision then. I don't see this one as a long term hold either though.
I'll dump the remaining $ into something that pays heavy dividends to make up for the losses. BNS, ENB, BCE or something else like this on the TSX.

Check out BIP.UN and BEP.UN. I like the stocks.

This is not investment advice.

#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

My wife wants me to get into Brookfield as well. She's all about the renewables. I'll take a look again.

Another solid renewable play for me has been NEE, you may want to look into that one too.

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'd wait a few more days for perhaps a bigger dip. They have been downgraded and rumors of chip shortages.
Broadcom i think is a stronger company.

Agreed, I'd wait a couple months and then maybe dip into it. Their earnings in Q1 and Q2 will be weak but there is hope for a strong second half of 2021. I'm holding out for now but it's on my radar.

4 weeks later
#10750 3 years ago

Not the most sexy stock but Costco looks to be at an attractive entry point to me even with their earnings miss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=cdnpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.