Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png
IMG_0471 (resized).png
IMG_0469 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 7 years ago

Alright the water seems warm so I'll jump in. I've been contributing to 401K since 21 - max out. Since the crash, I still max out 401K, but have kept bonus money in cash. I just haven't felt good trusting the market, but it's stupid to keep that much cash.

Conservative late 40ish investor. Vanguard mentioned by some. What advice does this savvy group have? Any specific safe investments?

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Apple stock poised for a big iPhone 8 cycle upgrade along with growing service revenue. 2% dividend no brainer.

Sincerely appreciate the comments. Great recommendations.

I need to educate myself on best Vanguard instrument to invest in. Been told by a few people - Vanguard.

Funny you mentioned Apple. Been tracking them for long time for fun (and because I work in tech sector). Bought heavy when at $95 because it was ridiculous with the amount of cash in bank, recurring revenue, even with iPhone slowing. I firmly believe it's a $120 stock - or prime for another stock split. Plus, me loves dividends. Same reason own Verizon - although that one is starting to worry me future wise.

Gonna investigate your recommendations. So hard to trust "financial advisors" at Fidelity. Most are fresh out of school following formulas. No offense intended to anyone - but prefer people who lost, learned and now winning in the long run for advice.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Just buy the S&P and if you are going to buy the S&P then you might as well by SPXL and remove 2/3 to less risky investments and then also buy 2.5 year S&P options. With even a smaller fraction.

Sorry, I don't mean to be thick today. Can you buy S&P as a stock? SPXL as well? Sounds interesting strategy not sure if those are specific stocks you purchase.

2 years later
#1104 5 years ago

Alright, give me your top 10 stock investments, you're making right now with your own money. Market is tanking, probably gonna be a good time to buy if you have a little put away to invest for the eventual ride back up. Apple is still getting some of my investment dollars. Sitting on too much cash not to be a solid buy.

Others? Interested in thinking.

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Waiting to buy until the market is closer to 17000.

Not trying to be political at all. After you posted I started searching the web for 17,000. Came across this article. I don't agree with much but a nice prediction...

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/10/economist-harry-dent-says-dow-could-plunge-17000-points.html

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That article is from two years ago and he was predicting the market would go to around DOW 5000 from around 22000 for a 17000 point collapse. I am predicting the market will likely go to around 17000-15000, not to lose 17000. A 40 to 50 percent correction is not that hard to see when we are already down close to 20 percent.

Thanks for the clarification.

2 years later
#10115 3 years ago

Interested in opinion on VOO. What's a good price to look for and buy in based on the experts in here? Thanks in advance

#10116 3 years ago

btw...this thread is a very interesting read. I'm not knowledgeable around puts and money calls, but fascinating to read.

I'm more of a buy, hold, and collect dividends. Aside from 401K, I own Apple and Verizon stocks. Apple for growth (loved the stock split last year) and dividends, Verizon for dividends. I guess my investing is more conservative. I have a few things maturing I was going to move into VOO - as it fits with my investment strategy.

These ARK and PLTR are making me pause and consider experimenting with some risk in my portfolio. I always worry about the capital tax gains on buying and selling frequently. Is that just a stoopid thought?

#10118 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I like VYM, VIG, and VOO very much.
As for your question regarding the taxes, sure, you get taxed more, but you are also locking in profits. It isn't a negative thing if you don't plan to hold them long term. I do think you have to take a different approach to what you pick though. Buy on the hype, sell on the news..or just technicals..etc. Whatever you do, have a plan and stick to it. You'll see tons of stories by people who lost money because they didn't stick to their plan.

Thanks Zablon - will check those out. My strategy to date has been old school. Invest in companies with sound financials, business strategy, and market position. Both the companies I'm sitting on have tons of cash, distribution, and growth trajectories. Increase in dividends better than seeing cash in a money market or lousy return CD.

Tesla scares the crap out of me. I was in the smart car auto industry. What they are doing is awesome. But their financials make me very uneasy. I know I'm in the minority since as you stated, buy on the hype. The old school in me is balance sheet, market dynamics, and competitive position. Speculative investing not my formula to date. But, was going to put some money on the side to experiment. If I lose it, I learned. But won't bet big.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.