200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10121 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Most of the stocks discussed these days unlikely make any profit or pay dividends. They seem to be just pure hype. Look at PLTR, 2020 gross revenue $1.1 billion, net loss (1.2) billion. Not sure how long it will take them to make a profit? But nobody seems to care about profits these days.

1.9 Billion shares outstanding.

#10127 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

There is a reason Motley Fool puts this disclaimer on most of their individual stock recommendations they don’t want people putting all their money in a single stock, that’s why funds exist.
“ This stock is one of five timely buying opportunities we've selected from Team Tom's past recommendations. If you're looking for investing ideas today, consider this stock (and our four others!) as worthy additions to a well-balanced portfolio of at least 15 stocks.”

That’s not a disclaimer, that’s click-bait for their paid service. Motley Fool is a joke.

#10226 3 years ago

Buckle up, ladies and gents.... today is looking ugly.

#10364 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Fisker (FSR) is on the move!

In at $18.8 this AM.

#10449 3 years ago

Has anyone heard of Know Labs - KNWN?

#10450 3 years ago

Fisker FSR price raised to $40 by Morgan Stanley

#10454 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Still sitting on my day 1 buys! Go Fisker go!!!

Nice! I got in at $20.20 a few days ago.

#10465 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

FSR still climbing!

Just keeps going!

#10490 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ill ask again, when this happens and the price target is raised(or lowered), what is the time frame? It hits $40 in a year, 6 months??

I guess it depends on interest in the company as well. It went from $17 on Wednesday to $27 on Friday.

They’re about 20 months from having any revenue but the future is bright. They have an interesting lease model that is very appealing for people who would like to try before they buy or move in and out of vehicles quickly. The Mad Money interview was insightful.

This is a long-term ‘accumulate and hold’ stock for me. I think Tesla is overpriced but people love it. I’ll be very happy with results similar to Tesla.

#10495 3 years ago

Very bullish

#10520 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I disagree, the states need money. Way to get money is legalize gambling. It is just a matter of time.

Same with cannabis.

#10541 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’ll be looking hard at some pot stocks a few weeks before 4/20, might be a good opportunity if redditors put their money there for 4:20.

Been in CGC since $6. APHA and HEXO are my other two cannabis plays. Fed decriminalization is a priority for this administration and I think we’ll see that this year. It’s going to be a big sector once that happens.

#10543 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

CRLBF is worth looking into.

I like Cresco as well - it’s just not one of my core holdings.

#10546 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Haven't heard much about HCMC lately. Back down to $0.0018. Any recent news bring it back down? Thanks.

105B shares outstanding

#10548 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Rocket (RKT) is up above 28 with huge volume.

*** QUOTE FROM WSB - NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE ***

So $RKT CEO Jay Farner fuckin hates shorts almost as much as we do, and im going to outline what this absolute CHAD has planned for them.
His company RKT mortgage literally smashes every ER by a country mile and hes tired of his stock being held down by these spineless cowards. Farner is actively going to war with them Elon style.
Let me outline how this mega-autist CEO is going to force the shorts to squeeze themselves by 3/9.
Farner, along with company founder Dan Gilbert, and the leadership team own 95% of Rocket Companies.
Theres currently 113m shares outstanding
38% of those shares are short
CEO/Founder own 95% of the 2B float ( note this for later )
So a quick math lesson tells us:
38% of 115m = ~ 43 mm shares short
NOW THE FUN PART
In their most recent investor meeting team $RKT rolled up to the shorts door like the dancing pallbearers and introduced a $1.11/share SPECIAL DIVIDEND to be paid to anyone holding RKT stock by 3/9.
So.. what does this mean for shorts? Weve arrived at the BDE moment..
SHORTS HAVE TO PAY THE DIVIDEND
Shorts have to pay $1.11 for every share they are short on 3/9
BUYBACK PROGRAM
What else was in that juicy investor conference? Wait for it…
$1 BILLION DOLLAR BUYBACK PROGRAM
See, RKT makes so much fucking money they can afford not only a special divi, but a $1B share buyback. Im telling you this man is going into the trenches and clearing the shorts out by his fucking self.
TLDR:
$RKT has been suppressed for way too fuckin long, the company owns 95% of the shares and Jay Farner/Dan Gilbert hate shorts and they have diamond fuckin nuts, they aint sellin. Shorts have to cover their 43mm shares or they are forced to pay $1.11/share they are short on 3/9.
Also, if you can’t do math. If u buy shares and hold thru 3/9.. it’s an instant 5% return via the special dividend.

Basically the company is working with investors to force a short squeeze.

#10550 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The interest rate also dropped after having risen for a while.
It seems the stock is going to need to stay elevated through 3/9 for the special dividend to cause more pain for the shorts.

I don’t think the special dividend is price dependent.

#10558 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

There should not be a 5% return as the shares should decrease by the amount of dividend, once the shares go ex-dividend.

Not my analysis. Just sharing someone else’s DD - fwiw.

#10564 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Anyone joining in on that?

I bought 500sh premarket. Wish I had more liquid.

#10565 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I would not recommend getting in at these levels. It is just nuts. I had all said and done about 6k shares going back to IPO days and did a bunch of DD on this. I rang the register when it hit 34 originally and then traded around some positions. It is a great company but what is happening right now is based upon some shaky DD. The stock is shorted, it was being held down, but all of the WSB action has really soured me on things. This could easily drop back.

Yeah - stop loss is your friend.

#10567 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It seems worth making a small bet on a lot of heavily shorted companies because eventually WSB will pump and dump them.

A squeeze takes time - you definitely want to be there to babysit your position but it’s not a total surprise when it happens.

#10569 3 years ago

KNWN

Do your DD.

#10571 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I can see this dropping at anytime but many may be waiting until March 9 to qualify for the dividend that is collected on March 23rd. After that, I bet it gets really, really ugly.

Totally, but I can appreciate the retail investors sticking it to the hedge fund guys though. Manipulation.... hedge funds have been manipulating the market for years.

#10573 3 years ago

Deleted

#10583 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Rkt had 370 million in volume today. No way wsb creates close to that much.

Definitely some covering going on.

WSB has 9M followers and maybe another 12M lurkers.

#10600 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Would sure be nice for SNDL to take off on 4/20. I know my portfolio needs some up movement in SNDL.

Their float is too high for me (1.5B). I’ve stuck with the bigger players in the MJ sector and have done well.

#10616 3 years ago

Ugly day.

#10644 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea I saw you got in on RKT yesterday

I got out with about $3K on the plus side thankfully. Could have done better but I waited too long for a turn-around that never happened. I knew I would have to babysit it and glad I did.

#10778 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Tesla isn't a car company. Its a technology company, so comparing cars it makes to companies that strictly are auto makers isn't apples to apples. BUT with that said, I agree TSLA is way over valued.

If you make money when you sell cars, you’re a car company.

#10782 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:One of the interesting facts I learned from the GME meme stock event was that Porsche made way more money short squeezing VW than they did selling cars in 2008. Nobody would confuse them for a short squeeze company.
Cars are a big part of what Tesla does, but it wouldn't be trading at anywhere near its current level if that were all there was to it.

Okay - what are their other revenue streams?

#10913 3 years ago

MJ sector is on a run today...

CGC
APHA
TLRY
HEXO
CURLF

#11022 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Coordinated hedge fund attack. My thoughts they have been stock piling borrowed shares for this timed attack to force panic sells.

That wasn’t a ladder attack, that was a falling-off-a-cliff attack. Not in GME but it’s fun to watch.

#11023 3 years ago

FSR and DKNG killing it today.

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Hint: Colorado's Cannabis market alone is already as big as all of Canada, with a fraction the population. Extrapolate that across the other 49 states, and then consider that despite popular opinion the Canadian companies are not going to be able to expand into the US as people think, not only from a regulatory perspective but from an execution perspective as I mentioned.

Most of the Canadian players are already expanding into Europe and South America. Europe is expected to be a larger market than the US. Most of the big players in Canada are already expanding their footprint, meaning they are ahead of the US companies as far as expansion into Europe goes.

CGC has a deal to buy Acreage Holdings (largest grower in the US) once the US changes federal laws - decriminalization being the lowest threshold for the deal as I understand it. Furthermore, many of the Canadian companies have deals with beverage companies based in the US. And if you don’t think the Canadian companies aren’t eyeing and positioning themselves in the US market you will be proven wrong when US prohibition ends and the consolidation begins.

My favorite US players are:
CURLF
CRLBF
TCNNF
GRWG

My Canadian plays are:
CGC
APHA (being bought by TLRY in 2Q21)
HEXO
TLRY (but you can get a better deal accumulating APHA)

Edit - I am not a financial advisor and this is not financial advice - do your DD and invest at your own risk.

#11090 3 years ago

Oh, and this came out today....

11:58a ET 3/11/2021 - Dow Jones
Group Backed By Cannabis Companies Plans Lobbying Push -- Market Talk
Mentioned: CGC
1158 ET - Steven Hawkins, head of a newly formed trade group called the US Cannabis Council, tells WSJ he expects federal legislation that likely would seek to "deschedule" marijuana, or remove it from the federal government's list of controlled substances, to be introduced at least by early April. Such a move would further open up the US cannabis market and members of the new group include publicly traded pot companies like Canopy Growth and Curaleaf. Hawkins adds the group has met with some 80 members of Congress and plans further lobbying efforts. A filibuster of a future decriminalization bill in the Senate could be an obstacle, he says. ([email protected]; @MicahMaidenberg)

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

March 11, 2021 11:58 ET (16:58 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

#11101 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Choosing a company largely comes down to trusting their execution and you can do that by looking at their track record.
For example CGC is trading at a 26x multiple while CURLF is trading at a 13x multiple, is closer to profitability, and announced Europe expansion this week. Do you keep throwing money at CGC and hope they can be profitable some day, or invest in a company that is not only executing better, but is cheaper? That's the state we are in today when comparing the major Canadian vs US companies.

CGC is already baking in the merger. I agree, current valuation is high but they are in a very unique position with almost instant exposure to a large piece of the US pie - again, already baked in. They’re also positioning themselves to have a large EU footprint that shouldn’t be ignored.

I like CURLF a lot. I own a decent chunk and plan on adding to it.

The key in this sector is to buy a little of all the big players and wait for the consolidation to unfold. Valuations will be wonky in the sector as a whole as no one can accurately predict growth rates of an untapped market in a brand new industry. What I do know is what happened in Colorado - I lived there for 18 years and was there when rec went legal. I think the analysts are completely underestimating CAGRs across the board.

#11115 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is there any possibility that the big tobacco companies will become a seller/packer distributer for marijuana?
I own a lot of Altria for the dividend but it’s a declining industry.

There was a rumor about Altria getting into the MJ market a few years ago. /// removed - “but that never materialized” /// I can tell you the tooling for tobacco will not work for processing MJ. I haven’t seen any information supporting cigarette manufacturers transitioning to MJ.

#11117 3 years ago

Oh, there you go - I stand corrected.

Ironically titled “The Forgotten Deal”

#11155 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Dude get the hell out of here!!! I played Quake II competitively. My clan one the WOGL for team death match and Rocket Arena. We were Number 1 in the world! My tag was MaD-Sixthsence. We use to hang out on MPlayer.
I know there are many AAPL guys on here (me included). If you did not see this yet https://www.fool.com/ext-content/under-the-radar-stock-could-soar-with-release-of-a/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=5gsa-supercycle&aid=9467&paid=9467&waid=9467&source=esayhowdg0211573&psource=esayhowdg0211573&wsource=esayhowdg0211573&utm_term=finance.yahoo.com&utm_content=35961974640&testId=a-sa-5g-sc&cellId=0&campaign=sa-5g-sc

You’re seriously spamming this clickbait bullshit here??

#11350 3 years ago

HEXO reports earnings Thurs AM before open. Should be a nice pop.

#11352 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Almost everything I read expects 20% drop in price to 6ish post earnings. Its already on the way down having lost 3% in pre market. I think HEXO is a good long term hold, and if it dips to $6 I'm a buyer. Im just not as confident at this current price.

We’ll see. The CAGR on these MJ plays is ridiculous. I’ve been long for some time now.

#11358 3 years ago

Delete

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=Lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.