200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

VZ got trimmed today, it's a good payer at 4.5% dividend? Anyone buying?

The dividends are definitely nice with VZ, but it seems they are forecasting flat earnings in 2017 and I think the competition from Sprint and T-Mobile is just getting more fierce putting pressure on margins (especially wireless, as was seen in 4Q results)

7 months later
#492 6 years ago

Any thoughts on Opiant (OPNT), the developer or narcan? At this day of opioid plague, you'd think they are positioned well for future growth?

2 months later
#562 6 years ago

If you go cash, what the heck do you do with it? While there's no apparent downturn it just seems crazy to cash on gains, pay the tax and sit on pile of cash. What am I missing here?

1 month later
#577 6 years ago

I'm light on bonds, so should move some money from stock to bonds. Any recommendations?

9 months later
#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Is anyone following or purchasing Cannabis stocks? Oct 17th it's supposed to become legal in Canada. Several stocks have gone through the roof in the past several days.....any suggestions on what to buy?

I bought some CNNRF, but I think these stocks are still a big gamble at best. It's been going up and down several tens of percentage points on almost daily basis, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take hoping growth will stabilize in the future

1 year later
#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

If you're into dividend payers, Exxon is at a 52 week low, Chevron is close. Walgreens is near a 2 year low, with 44 years of dividend increases and buys back shares each quarter. Plus they have the potential go-private buyout hanging over them.
They aren't the elegant high flyers, but a portfolio needs a few quality dividend payers to keep it grounded.

Exxon and Chevron certainly has nice dividend returns, but I'm not sure I'm that hot on energy/oil right now. With that, any suggestions on solid dividend payers with potential for growth in share price?

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I've got some money in a stock trade account but really have no clue where to get started with all the terminology. Any good reads I should be aware of?

Some helpful threads here also, https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

1 month later
#1788 4 years ago

With oil getting butchered yesterday, I wonder if it's time to buy some more XOM or maybe wait a bit longer. The analyst opinions seem to be all over the place...

1 week later
#2325 4 years ago

So what’ll tomorrow bring, up or down? I’m thinking tomorrow will be eye of the storm before the shit really hits the fan next week. Looking at new cases especially in NY makes me think there’s still rough waters ahead

2 months later
#4334 3 years ago

I think there's some room for gains with MAC, what I worry about is long term viability as their portfolio is largely based on malls which I fear will all fail in the future. Any thoughts on that?

4 weeks later
#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So CCL up 10% today.

Sold all my CCL today, made a nice 30% profit. If/When it dips again, I'll likely buy it again. Thanks for your tips iceman44

#4589 3 years ago

Silly question, assuming you own several lots of the same stock does it make sense to sell the ones with largest profit or it doesn’t matter as long as they are long to minimize the tax impact? Just trying to figure out if there’s a benefit in one approach over the other when selling

1 month later
#4693 3 years ago

I think it'll be good for Apple, but Tesla valuation seems to be on the (very) high side to me so hard to see the same there. I'm glad I bought some TSLA at $215, I guess it's time to sell before reality hits it

1 month later
#5161 3 years ago

Has anyone looked into IIPR, a REIT focusing on pot facilities? My gut tells me that anything to do with that industry is a gamble, but as it gets more widely legalized there must be an upside that might materialize in the future driving the price up.

#5195 3 years ago

If CCL goes down a bit more, I'll take a gamble on it - people love cruises so there's a long term upside that's real (IMHO). Got some MAC a while back too, I'm under water of course, so will probably lick my wounds unless it starts to show longer term potential. I also made a small bet on TDOC and IIPR, as always do your own study, but there's maybe something there...

1 month later
#5480 3 years ago

My stop loss on PINS triggered at $60, but I got a nice 170% return on that. If it goes down significantly, may join the party again.
Definitely keeping an eye on what goes on over the next week or so, it's definitely Volatile with a capital V

3 weeks later
#5780 3 years ago

Is anyone using asset management services? I’m nearing the point where I don’t have the time, energy or expertise to manage my investments efficiently so maybe turning into a professional makes sense. So if you have an opinion, or advice on what to take into account when deciding on this I’d appreciate that. Thanks!

1 week later
#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Gonna take a hell of a drug to put a dent in Naloxone (Narcan).

I had high hopes for Opiant because of this, but that stock's been a dog unfortunately

1 week later
#5993 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks like they will price the IPO today with trading maybe tomorrow?

What's the ticker?

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My guy is Jussi from High Yield Landlord and he has always liked MAC. I bought more MAC last week at 10.40. The price made me buy more. I sold off part of my SPG at $94 Friday afternoon. I would buy MAC over SPG at this point. MAC has more meat left on the bone I feel. I own both though. All part of the comeback plan.

Totally off topic, but your guy Jussi must have Finnish origin. The country with best bread in the world! On topic, I’ve been sitting on MAC a while and glad to see the recent gains. Perhaps I should get some more

DE85B1C2-F5C0-4845-87AD-FDCE574C8BFE (resized).jpegDE85B1C2-F5C0-4845-87AD-FDCE574C8BFE (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#6369 3 years ago

AI is getting close to $110, perhaps time to buy or is the initial enthusiasm and excitement growing colder?

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm right there with you. I don't own any stocks, but I was considering buying a few. I have a friend trying to convince me to get into it. He is currently making a KILLING.
I'm not sure where to start, however, and I don't have much money.

Pro tip: Don't start with money you can't afford to lose (at least some of it), there are always ups and downs.

Starting is easy, open an account with companies like TDAmeritrade, Fidelity etc, transfer some money to your investment account, study companies you are interested in (great tips in this thread), execute a purchase and see how it goes. Diversify (not just stocks, but other vehicles like ETF's) and don't be afraid to make losses if your picks don't perform as expected. Look at Bogglehead investment philosophy as a guide (See e.g. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogleheads%C2%AE_investing_start-up_kit or https://thecollegeinvestor.com/4119/boglehead/)

2 weeks later
#7595 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

What's the deal with NOK? Doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Am I missing something?

Short squeeze will probably not work well on NOK as there’s no high short position. Price is driven up just by volume

#7697 3 years ago

There's no reason for NOK to go up like it did today, other than WSB crowd manipulating (successfully) the market. Telecoms is a high volume, low margin business and if you look Nokia's results over the last years it's not a massive growth business and I don't think 5G will change that either (at least in the short term). There's no big short interest either, so squeeze (like with GME) is unlikely. Gamble at your own risk here, it might be a good long term investment though

2 months later
#12284 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Up a quick 14% on UIPath. Anybody follow me on this? Been touting this one for months as one to watch.

I was going to yesterday, but got distracted and missed the opportunity. I'm wondering if with the up today I should wait and see, yes it could go higher but sometimes after swings like this it'll come down before going up again. And yes, I know you can't time the market but still...

1 month later
#13069 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That “shit company” MAC is past $16 now from $13 and on it’s way to mid 20’s
Can make $$ on stocks we don’t love long term!

I'm up 80% on MAC, thanks to your recommendation. Love this thread, let's make some $$$

#13076 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Memorial Day starts the summer travel season. Planes, trains and automobiles. And boats!

With that, and things normalizing fast, do you think it's too late to beef up CCL and SIX positions? Any other noteworthy ones in travel related segment?

1 month later
#13870 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

QYLD...anybody still in this fund? How has it been treating you? Seriously thinking about parking a chunk of money in it for monthly income.

I had not heard of QYLD before, so had to check it out. This article seemed pretty well written, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4435641-nusi-vs-qyld-retiree-conundrum

1 month later
#14709 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is it the rumor that phones may have satellite connection capabilities for areas where there is otherwise no signal?

This rumor was such BS, and really based on bad assumptions. Anyone who knows anything about telco industry should have seen through that immediately, but hey someone made money with that move

#14713 2 years ago

Sure, there are companies like AST Spacemobile and Lynk working on direct to mobile phone satellite service but what Globalstar has is not related to that. Globalstar has spectrum that's allocated for terretrial mobile operations and the next gen Qualcomm chipset supports that band -> next iPhone was assumed to be based on that chipset -> Globalstar also has satellite service (however, that's not related to the spectrum band they have) -> hence next iPhone must connect to Globalstar satellites.
So I agree that phones can possibly connect to satellite service in the future, but this train of thought that was applied in GSATs case was a huge stretch of imagination IMHO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kkuoppamaki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=Kkuoppamaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.