IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Erik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 7 years ago

I figure this may cause eyerolls amongst the investment wizards, but I'm a big fan of Mr. Money Mustache. His articles are so enjoyable to read. I stay out of the forum as some of the people there are batshit crazy IMO! Unlike pinside

2 months later
#392 7 years ago

You should post on bogleheads. Not that there's bad advice here, just that posting this kind of recommendation based on your particulars is exactly what they do.

#404 7 years ago

Some spending models take age into consideration. Bernicke's I think. You can do some projections with firecalc and cfiresim.

Personally I find it difficult to estimate healthcare costs.

1 month later
#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

If inflation is anywhere near historical averages of nearly 3%, you'll need a 6.5% annual return to allow you to withdraw 3.5% and still keep the principal at the same relative value.

There are some arguments against SWR, not the least of which is agreeing upon a safe percentage. Wade Pfau did a study showing 2-3% SWR going forward. However that was in 2010 and I believe he has revised that upward. EarlyRetirementNow recently wrote a massive series of blogs about SWR. He had some good points although he comes across as a bit of a dick!

I think of SWR as a savings target, but I don't explicitly use it for spending models as I plan to spend the principal. I intend more flexibility than a strict SWR would allow. "FWR" if you will If you have the option to ease into retirement, via part-time work, SLE Sterns, or other income streams, even better. I read a study (which of course I can't find now!) that showed the first five years of retirement pretty much determine the long-term success rate.

#422 6 years ago

Also I recently found this awesome site http://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com

It uses Monte Carlo sims like most other sites, but you can run additional sensitivity analyses with all sorts of parameters to tweak. It's my favorite site of its kind.

9 months later
#647 6 years ago

The S&P dropped all the way down to where it was waaay back on January 11, 2018!

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Read this, understand it and pay attention to the 10 yr treasury closely
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/apos-why-stock-market-turmoil-184600325.html

I read it but I didn't really get it.

"We're in a vicious cycle here. If the yields go up, you have to sell stocks. If you sell stocks, and they crash, yields come back down," said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at B. Riley FBR.

Why do we have to sell stocks? What's the actionable advice?

Tbh I don't understand the big players in the bond market. Seems like a house of cards. I can't see how what they do applies the average investor. ELI5!

1 week later
#806 6 years ago

Looks to me like if you had listened to Mr. Hogan last week you'd have missed out on the biggest single week gain in 6 years!

10 months later
#1111 5 years ago

Sold some tanked funds (hello international!) at thanksgiving time for tax loss harvesting and to offset a gain from earlier in the year. Probably will do the same with small cap.

I don't do the TLH partner hunt. I just leave in money mkt and repurchase after a month or so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Erik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=Erik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.