IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,828 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 417.
#4801 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I saw that, great move to save $450 million long term.

No doubt a lower risk move and eliminates the uncertanty of having to sub-lease it out for a bunch of years.... Could they have net-net less? Maybe, but then they would have to be in the landlord business until their lease ended.

Probably a good move.... for the next couple of years to be sure.

#4802 3 years ago

Do you guys pay for Motley Fool info?

#4803 3 years ago

I use one of their info services. Can’t remember what they call it, but it’s $100 per year. I use it to give me starting points to look at companies that are worth researching. I end up buying 1 or 2 stocks per month based on their Recommendation. ( I still look style 1 year chart and the company’s fundamentals. )

#4804 3 years ago

RKT is blasting off, up about 8 % today after being up big yesterday.

I had forgotten it is earnings report day for RKT.

#4805 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

RKT is blasting off, up about 8 % today after being up big yesterday.

Just rung the register on a 1/3 of my RKT. Will buy back in. What a ride!

#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Sold half my position on market open. Holding the other half through earnings. Will evaluate after that.

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Well done. I bought back my puts a few days ago. Should have just bought shares I guess. I made about $1k instead of over $10k.

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Whats crazy is the report isnt till 130 eastern.

#4809 3 years ago

I am more of a buy and hold guy then a trader but I lightened some overweight positions for some gains on QQQ, AAPL, TSLA (all but don’t own a lot), TTD, SE, PD, FSLY, AAPL and ARKW (all) this morning at opening and my 400 shares of RKT at $33 mid afternoon. Thanks for the tip DBLM! Cash that got squished due to gains over the last couple of months went from 18% to 27% after selling. Happy to take some gains.

Thursday has been the worst day for the market this year down .27% average. Will see what tomorrow brings.

596DB4C9-1B26-4F29-8702-566786EA197E (resized).jpeg596DB4C9-1B26-4F29-8702-566786EA197E (resized).jpeg

#4810 3 years ago

What a wonderful ride we’ve had since March.

That generational wealth thing really rang true.

#4811 3 years ago

Remember this.

This is not a “stock market” it’s a “market of stocks”

Gotta be in the right stocks, have patience and then be ready to move

How many stocks in the S&P 500 would you not even consider buying? 400?

#4812 3 years ago

So what's the deal with RKT today? Earning meet expectations, why is it tanking.

#4813 3 years ago

Probably because it ran so high so fast before earnings.

Also, they basically announced awhile back what their earnings were going to be to try and drum up support. (It worked bigly)

#4814 3 years ago

Apple dumped a tad today. Hopefully regain tomorrow.

#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Apple dumped a tad today. Hopefully regain tomorrow.

Buy and hold.

Buy more when it goes on sale

Takes years and patience

Amazon to follow split next

You have seen the movie

#4816 3 years ago

Yeah I now.. Apple is something I'm going to hold onto. I predict it will go sky high around the next iphone release around the holidays

#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Yeah I now.. Apple is something I'm going to hold onto. I predict it will go sky high around the next iphone release around the holidays

It’s already made a huge run

I would temper expectations.

Look at Amazon pre split

Or PINS

#4818 3 years ago

Do you all think the steam is out of the balloon on Workhorse Group WKHS They are a nascent, all electric delivery vehicle company trying to make the big show. The stock took off in mid-june. I got in at $5.92 and it closed today at $18.94 (down $1.20). Seems like a lot of negative articles are coming out and earnings a couple of weeks ago were not all that great and Im thinking of taking my nearly 3005 profit. Thoughts?

#4819 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

So what's the deal with RKT today? Earning meet expectations, why is it tanking.

Fairly typical buy the rumor and sell the news. Took some profits today in the run up.

#4820 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s already made a huge run
I would temper expectations.
Look at Amazon pre split
Or PINS

AMZ would have to do a 8 for 1 stock split to get it close to Apple's pre-split price which apple thought was high enough to require a split 4-1

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

AMZ would have to do a 8 for 1 stock split to get it close to Apple's pre-split price which apple thought was high enough to require a split 4-1

Since the Dow is a price weighted average they would probably even have to go 15-1 or 20-1 to get that "invitation".

It works politically because it make the stock more affordable to buy shares for the average person.

And they are in a battle to be "the most important company" with Apple.

After it worked so well with Apple they should do it but we'll see.

CCL and MAC plus ditch stocks up today. Rotation day.

#4822 3 years ago

Looks like reality finally set in for the parabolic names today. Will it be a one day affair? Many of them need a 25% haircut just to get back to overvalued.

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Looks like reality finally set in for the parabolic names today. Will it be a one day affair? Many of them need a 25% haircut just to get back to overvalued.

Yeah, I'm trying to decide, do I jump in now or wait to see if this down trend continues into tomorrow.

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Yeah, I'm trying to decide, do I jump in now or wait to see if this down trend continues into tomorrow.

I've been in value names and cash, so I've missed all this insanity. My value names are actually up today

#4825 3 years ago

Im glad I sold my tesla around 500. Kept the profits going, but took my principle out. Lates

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Even the talking head stock market guys are starting to sound ominous that a big correction is about to happen. It is almost as if the Tesla and Apple splits were like taking one last bite of the apple before jumping off the train.

#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Even the talking head stock market guys are starting to sound ominous that a big correction is about to happen. It is almost as if the Tesla and Apple splits were like taking one last bite of the apple before jumping off the train.

Apple is a great company, but come on. Are they really worth more than a trillion dollars more than they were at the beginning of the year? Even that pales compared to TSLAs run.

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I don't think it will roll over all at once. Right now you'll get the buyers that felt like they missed out and wanted to get in at the slightest discount. There would have to be another drop to scare those buyers, and maybe a few more sets of buyers that come in at lower prices and fail to catch the bottom before it gives way.

#4829 3 years ago

I did my "haircut" yesterday and took all of my accelerated shares from the COVID drop off the table of SPXL. 60% plus on all positions. Have to buy on drops and be religious about it. Even my December 20th 2018 drops. Hope we get more volatility.!!

#4830 3 years ago
4dqtmt (resized).jpg4dqtmt (resized).jpg
#4831 3 years ago

The main question is, will it keeps going down tomorrow

#4832 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

The main question is, will it keeps going down tomorrow

Indeed. So far I do not regret my earlier move.

#4833 3 years ago

Me at...
9:30am: Hmm, looks like RKT is starting to turn back up, let me buy another 100 shares...
12:15pm: Ooh, nice dip here to buy a little more AAPL...
12:30pm: Ehh maybe not a dip...
1:30pm: Uh oh...
3:30pm: Maybe I should sell some APPL? Nah, it'll start to come up after hours...
5:30pm: Abandon ship! Time to sell while I'm still ahead.

After hours looks brutal everywhere. Maybe I'm too weak and pessimistic but this looks more like the beginning of a bubble popping rather than a dip or rotation. Apple had a historic loss today...hope I'm wrong but that doesn't sound like something that is followed up by a quick recovery. But hey it's 2020, anything is possible. Good luck all!

#4834 3 years ago

Growth stocks right now....

Down 27% in 3 days? Must be a huge bargain. Or maybe not when you zoom out.

tsla1 (resized).JPGtsla1 (resized).JPGtsla2 (resized).JPGtsla2 (resized).JPG
#4835 3 years ago

Well, I'm not sure how much further down the stocks can go, but I don't see apple sitting at $117 for long.

#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Well, I'm not sure how much further down the stocks can go, but I don't see apple sitting at $117 for long.

Apple suffers from the Forest Gump Syndrome, he got rich from their Stock so everyone else will too. Despite the massive cash reserves this Company holds it still is exposed to Competitors, mainly Chinese.
If hard times (cash flow) hits an affordable generic phone with semi-advanced features will rule.
Nothing is Grail.
I will never own another Windows Product, so theres that.

#4837 3 years ago

I do listen to alarmist like Jeremiah Babe, it's pretty cut and dried. It would not surprise me if major players institute an orchestrated sell-off leading up to November.

#4838 3 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Me at...
9:30am: Hmm, looks like RKT is starting to turn back up, let me buy another 100 shares...
12:15pm: Ooh, nice dip here to buy a little more AAPL...
12:30pm: Ehh maybe not a dip...
1:30pm: Uh oh...
3:30pm: Maybe I should sell some APPL? Nah, it'll start to come up after hours...
5:30pm: Abandon ship! Time to sell while I'm still ahead.
After hours looks brutal everywhere. Maybe I'm too weak and pessimistic but this looks more like the beginning of a bubble popping rather than a dip or rotation. Apple had a historic loss today...hope I'm wrong but that doesn't sound like something that is followed up by a quick recovery. But hey it's 2020, anything is possible. Good luck all!

Buy and hold AAPL. Average in for the next 10 years. Do regular buys in January and buy on 10% and 20% dips. You will be happy.

#4839 3 years ago

If there’s a sell off leading into November it won’t necessarily be “orchestrated” or a statement about who might win or lose the election, but a concern about a potentially unclear outcome. Not having a clear decision or controversy about the outcome in either direction is probably Wall Street’s biggest concern right now.

#4840 3 years ago

I almost never sell, even TSLA I’m long on, so this could be another great period to buy like March was

#4841 3 years ago

Another Tesla
Drop today

#4842 3 years ago

New to this whole stock thing. I have a small location, I make about $100 a week or so in my coin drop, my plan is to take that and start just putting it into the market. What are some good tips for a newbie?

#4843 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

New to this whole stock thing. I have a small location, I make about $100 a week or so in my coin drop, my plan is to take that and start just putting it into the market. What are some good tips for a newbie?

Start with something like buy and hold or folio investing , u can buy partial shares and just keep putting some and buy names u thunk are good

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Start with something like buy and hold or folio investing , u can buy partial shares and just keep putting some and buy names u thunk are good

I have accounts with Stash and Robinhood, are those good places to use?

#4845 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:New to this whole stock thing. I have a small location, I make about $100 a week or so in my coin drop, my plan is to take that and start just putting it into the market. What are some good tips for a newbie?

The market is rife with rampant speculation and artificially propped up by "unlimited stimulus" from the Federal Government. Tremendous risk right now. Could it continue to go up, yeah, maybe? Could we be on the precipice of a massive collapse triggered by a new tech bubble and political changes, yeah, maybe...

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

What are some good tips for a newbie?

Well if you follow advice here, you should invest at the top of the market, like now, buying stocks whose P/E is wildly inflated

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Well if you follow advice here, you should invest at the top of the market, like now, buying stocks whose P/E is wildly inflated

It's a shame I am only allowed to give you one upvote.

#4848 3 years ago

The sooner and younger you start investing the better. i would put small amts here and there, and just not touch it, let it grow. But diversify, dont put all your eggs in the same basket.

#4849 3 years ago

Still unsure if this is a good time to buy at a discount, or if the market is just correcting itself.

I jumped in a few yesterday and regretting it today. We'll see...

#4850 3 years ago

Take a look at the stocks that have been green the past two days.

Stocks like CCL, MAC, SPG and a whole host of "in the ditch stocks".

Maybe listen to Warren Buffett and BRK.B if you are worried? lol. If you have been a "value investor" i get why you might be butt hurt missing out on an UNBELIEVABLE RUN. Even Warren couldn't perform with Apple.

Went to 20% to 50% cash on Monday depending on profiles for Qualified accounts.

Giving back some unrealized gains in taxable accounts

Will maintain that level until post election unless we get another decent dip and opportunity to buy what we like on sale.

These market sell offs are good and healthy, unnerving a little when they come so rapidly but

Have a plan! Or sit back and whine about what's going on, profit from it.

Pick your favorite positions for the LONG TERM and buy when there is "fear and panic" and "blood in the streets".

Might have some more "panic" and "blood" coming? But YOU, try not to PANIC!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 20,828 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/97?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.