3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,067 posts
  • 307 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Oaken
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 312 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4fcdu0 (resized).jpg
    0E25A5D2-741F-4B9D-B64F-2CB8A2DD8891 (resized).jpeg
    tsla2 (resized).JPG
    tsla1 (resized).JPG
    4dqtmt (resized).jpg
    596DB4C9-1B26-4F29-8702-566786EA197E (resized).jpeg
    Liam-Neeson (resized).jpg
    200px-Pets.com_sockpuppet (resized).jpg
    6AD0AD21-1EF3-4676-8A4D-F89119D35852 (resized).png
    keupvzpoaxd51 (resized).png
    rates2 (resized).png
    SharedScreenshot (resized).jpg
    Rates (resized).png
    pasted_image“The stock market is a wonderfully efficient mechanism for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient.”  Warren Buffett (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    presidents and markets (resized).png

There are 5067 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 102.
    #4651 50 days ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Not as big as the one last Jan 2019 when it hit $145
    Don't you love all those idiot analysts that don't get it and were wrong all the way up. That's what you get when you value businesses on old metrics and don't look to the future.
    Where did Dan Niles go? Doubling down on his short position at $250 a few months ago.

The guy that shorted AAPL

6AD0AD21-1EF3-4676-8A4D-F89119D35852 (resized).png
    #4652 48 days ago

Looks like cruise lines are being taken out to the woodshed again thanks to Norwegian.

Fun speculative play, and I know it has worked out well for others, but I am too squeamish to play it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-outbreak-norway-cruise-ship/

#4653 48 days ago

PINS, FSLY, SE, TTD, SHOP, AAPL, AMZN, MELI, ETSY, PYPL.....oh my

Probably need another quarter for the "in the ditch" to play out. That much closer to a vaccine. Although could be sooner if the momentum trade slows down. No sign of it yet. Tech is outperforming with blow out numbers, and the path of least resistance is up in the mid term.

Patience. Have to have it to look through the short term fear and panic to the vaccine and the ultimate destination. It's a tough thing to execute emotionally.

As always, "Don't fight the Fed". You heard the commentary last week. People like El-Erian know it, admit it, praise it and then "exit their tactical positions too early". Lol

Every Apple analyst other than Dan Ives and Gene Munster ought to be taken out to the woodshed and shot!

#4654 48 days ago

iceman44 I was looking at MAC a little and wonder what your overall idea is on it. Right now in the mid-$7’s it’s laying a .15 div. that was cut recently from .50, when it was trading about 3X it’s current value.

Long term I think malls are in danger, but if you get in now, and MAC goes back to around where it was your effective yield would be very appealing.

So are you in this long term to take the div, or are you in this shorter term to see it recover and then walk away?

This company has been around since the 60’s, so I’m sure they have had to change course a few times since then. Might have to do it again if malls do see a long term decline.

#4655 48 days ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

iceman44 I was looking at MAC a little and wonder what your overall idea is on it. Right now in the mid-$7’s it’s laying a .15 div. that was cut recently from .50, when it was trading about 3X it’s current value.
    Long term I think malls are in danger, but if you get in now, and MAC goes back to around where it was your effective yield would be very appealing.
    So are you in this long term to take the div, or are you in this shorter term to see it recover and then walk away?
    This company has been around since the 60’s, so I’m sure they have had to change course a few times since then. Might have to do it again if malls do see a long term decline.

I think I linked a great analysis on the long term viability and breakup value

I’ll try and find it

Mac is high destination spots with high end restaurants

I think they announce next week and let’s see what kind of clarity they provide on rent collects etc

#4656 48 days ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

PINS, FSLY, SE, TTD, SHOP, AAPL, AMZN, MELI, ETSY, PYPL.....oh my
    Probably need another quarter for the "in the ditch" to play out. That much closer to a vaccine. Although could be sooner if the momentum trade slows down. No sign of it yet. Tech is outperforming with blow out numbers, and the path of least resistance is up in the mid term.
    Patience. Have to have it to look through the short term fear and panic to the vaccine and the ultimate destination. It's a tough thing to execute emotionally.

Yes Ice. I feel “certain/select” comeback stocks and REITs will benefit greatly down road. You can’t just buy any old Reit or Airline ETF, you need to buy the strongest and best companies to benefit. I am going to try to find some of those next, but would Definitely appreciate your choices as we hear more info about the Financials of these companies as the weeks roll on.

Thanks!

#4657 45 days ago

Took my 25% gain in COMM today and rolled it into RKT. Anybody else buy this today? It's a small position (1,500 shares), but one that I am just going to sit on. With the volume of mortgages they handle and where they are going, I see tremendous upside.

For those playing along at home I bought V and REGN today as well.

Got to stick and move...

#4658 44 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Took my 25% gain in COMM today and rolled it into RKT. Anybody else buy this today? It's a small position (1,500 shares), but one that I am just going to sit on. With the volume of mortgages they handle and where they are going, I see tremendous upside.
    Got to stick and move...

How have you been? Yes Rkt was on my list but got sidetracked today. What time did they start selling it today? Bought SLV Tues and that has been giving me a good uptick.

#4659 44 days ago

Silver really making a move now watched a doco years ago that said it should go up to $100 an ounce someday. I was looking at silver and bitcoin i chose silver lol. Anyway i bought a heap and have been siting on it since. Do people think it could go that high?

#4660 44 days ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

How have you been? Yes Rkt was on my list but got sidetracked today. What time did they start selling it today? Bought SLV Tues and that has been giving me a good uptick.

Doing well and trust you are as well. Don’t know what time it started as my guy took care of me but I got in at 18, so early in the cycle. I am viewing RKT as a fintech stock and think it has a good upside. Right now, rocket is the number one provider of mortgages and is branching out into other lending. I think one can easily get in at this time and be very happy in the future.

#4661 44 days ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Silver really making a move now watched a doco years ago that said it should go up to $100 an ounce someday. I was looking at silver and bitcoin i chose silver lol. Anyway i bought a heap and have been siting on it since. Do people think it could go that high?

I think $100 silver is a pipe dream. Silver is common compared to other metals plus the biggest consumer of it is all but gone (the film industry - back when things were shot on film and not digital). In my opinion silver’s run will shrink away while gold will maintain it’s new levels.

#4662 44 days ago

It is very useful in medicine and non toxic and has many other uses. The film industry has been dead for a long time and its not mentioned in this report on silver.

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-news/infographics/21-incredible-uses-for-silver

#4663 44 days ago

I think silver has a great future and wish I bought in a few months back when I was considering it. Unfortunately I was procrastinating on best way to get in.Still am etf, exploration, production, idk ?
    Im also hot on trying to get into nickel at the moment as well. Perhaps another commodity with a bright future.
    Finally I need some tech and medical stock to round out the portfolio but find everything way overvalued at the moment
    Hard to know what and when to pounce.
    I can see the shit may hit the fan by years end. Then a proven vaccine next year if we are lucky..
    Sure is a whole new world out there, I guess most important is to be safe and stay healthy.
    GLT all.

#4664 44 days ago

I was looking at platinum next, It seems to do well when the economy recovers and tanks when recession hits. Not sure what time to get involved in it though.

#4665 44 days ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I was looking at platinum next, It seems to do well when the economy recovers and tanks when recession hits. Not sure what time to get involved in it though.

Now I like platinum. When you want to buy gold for $1000 a tory oz you buy platinum and swap to gold when the prices sync back up. Platinum is cheap and the auto industry knows it. They will likely retool and start using it in catalytic converters again because of it. Paldium is so over priced. The only down side to platinum is it is really only found in a few places on earth and they are kinda hot spots. Manufacturers don't Ike there supplies disrupted.

#4666 44 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Got to stick and move...

"Small position" is all relative to one's perspective

#4667 44 days ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

"Small position" is all relative to one's perspective

True enough. In the case of RKT, wish I bought more yesterday. Might buy more today. It is at 25 bucks pre market, and looks ready to explode. I think this is one to buy.

#4668 44 days ago

My son asked if he can use his bank account that we have put money into over the years. He wants to risk it now he is only 17. I said buy Platinum he wanted silver but i think more can be made from platinum now. He has 11k to invest in something any ideas would be appreciated.

#4669 44 days ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

He has 11k to invest in something any ideas would be appreciated.

Buy Stocks. 3 to 5 of them & let them ride out til he is 30. Not sexy but investing in companies like Apple over the next 10 years will be a winner. Research & find companies which will thrive and be dominate in the next 10 years. Apple, amazon, etc. Do not buy commodities. I have no clue what silver or platinum will be worth in 10 years but I know Apple will be worth more.

#4670 44 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

True enough. In the case of RKT, wish I bought more yesterday. Might buy more today. It is at 25 bucks pre market, and looks ready to explode. I think this is one to buy.

Lets hope so, I just bought RKT.

#4671 44 days ago
    Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I was interested until I saw the market cap is already near 50 billion. I wanted to own it around 20 billion.

#4672 44 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I was interested until I saw the market cap is already near 50 billion. I wanted to own it around 20 billion.

In this market I am not sure how anything is justified. AAPL goes up no matter what as do many other stocks. One week it is this, the next week it is the opposite. It feels more like gambling at present. Pick a target and shoot.

#4674 44 days ago
    Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I dig it! I look at how they are positioned now and where they are going and am bullish on the prospects. The combination of low rates and telework is driving a boom of housing sales right now. Evidently, they are going to transition into other areas of lending, which will be great. Although I have not personally used their services, they are easy to use, which is a big plus. Working with traditional banks on mortgages can be a pain in the ass. Because of this, I think you need to consider them a fintech company.

Quoted from loneacer:

I understand where you are coming from but I think you might be missing the boat a little. In 2019, they had revenues of 5.1B. The first half of this year, their revenue is estimated to be between 6.3 and 6.6B. That is exponential growth, and the valuations I think are in line with what they are.

#4675 43 days ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

My son asked if he can use his bank account that we have put money into over the years. He wants to risk it now he is only 17. I said buy Platinum he wanted silver but i think more can be made from platinum now. He has 11k to invest in something any ideas would be appreciated.

Metals as a first investment is a bad idea (at least all in). This is what i did and it worked out pretty good. Buy a gold and platinum coin every year. I'm in the US so it's Eagles for me. Sell the Platinum coins and buy gold replacements when the prices sync up again. Keep the gold for the long term. As for the rest of it, buy mutual funds or a really diversified big company like Berkshire or Amazon. At that age you want winners. Start getting riskier after he learns the ropes.

#4676 43 days ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Metals as a first investment is a bad idea (at least all in). This is what i did and it worked out pretty good. Buy a gold and platinum coin every year. I'm in the US so it's Eagles for me. Sell the Platinum coins and buy gold replacements when the prices sync up again. Keep the gold for the long term. As for the rest of it, buy mutual funds or a really diversified big company like Berkshire or Amazon. At that age you want winners. Start getting riskier after he learns the ropes.

Serious question, how do you sell coins for a fair price and securely?

#4677 43 days ago

Buy and sell with a dealer. In person is a plus but there are lots of good ones online. Check the reviews. Selling Eagles is easy. Spot + 1% is usually the going rate for BU coins. It is pretty much walk in and do the deal. Graded coins are a little tougher to deal with and that's why I don't mess with them. I'm only in it for the metal. I'm not a coin collector. By the way, any metal purchases over $1500 does not get hit with sales tax.

#4678 43 days ago

Buy and sell with a dealer. In person is a plus but there are lots of good ones online. Check the reviews. Selling Eagles is easy. Spot + 1% is usually the going rate for BU coins. It is pretty much walk in and do the deal. Graded coins are a little tougher to deal with and that's why I don't mess with them. I'm only in it for the metal. I'm not a coin collector. By the way, any metal purchases over $1500 does not get hit with sales tax.

Just a minor correction, be sure to check the state tax laws for purchases of precious metals, bullion, or coins before you buy as the laws differ from state to state. Some state tax laws are different from metal to metal, some states charge no tax at all on bullion or coins regardless of the amount, and some states charge no tax over a certain threshold. Bought some Silver Eagles a few weeks ago, wish I had bought more now.

#4679 43 days ago

I have eagles and maples if your looking at coins avoid milk dots.

#4680 43 days ago

My RE and other commodities search led to this.

Tesla rival, low end entry

https://www.google.com/search?q=nio+share+price&oq=nio&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j46j0j69i60j69i61l2.2447j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Massive deal with Suning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suning.com

I am very ant..i chin.a, however this appears to be a no brainer cash cow.

I will need to engage NYSE for this one, Anyone in ?

Thoughts ?

#4681 43 days ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Just a minor correction, be sure to check the state tax laws for purchases of precious metals, bullion, or coins before you buy as the laws differ from state to state. Some state tax laws are different from metal to metal, some states charge no tax at all on bullion or coins regardless of the amount, and some states charge no tax over a certain threshold. Bought some Silver Eagles a few weeks ago, wish I had bought more now.

True. My state is super strict on taxes and everything else.

#4682 41 days ago

True. My state is super strict on taxes and everything else.

Cali?

SPG, MAC, LVS all up about 8% today. And CCL

SPG reports after the bell. Amazon news re JC penny. MAC in the am.

Go back on a 6 month chart and look at the run up to June 6th, post re opening excitement, and plug in just about any "in the ditch" stock name. They all have that big spike followed by more "fear and panic" after the Covid spike.

It's time to start picking your winners in the post Covid world imo.

MAC announced a secondary offering for i assume current shareholders to liquidate. We will find out more manana.

I would consider SPG and LVS "speculative strong buys" and STOR a "strong buy" for myself.

As always, you need to do your own due diligence!

#4683 41 days ago

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/10/mohamed-el-erian-wave-of-bankruptcies-are-big-threat-to-market-rally.html

Yes it's about the "technicals", that is why you buy stocks that also have excellent "fundamentals" in this environment like Apple and Amazon, etc.

Today we saw a rotation back into "value". Some of these companies aren't great businesses that i don't want to own LONG TERM but see short term opportunity given the fear and panic created by Covid.

A lot of unknowns, Congress, elections and the virus. . With your Cornerstone stocks none of those issues matter.

#4684 40 days ago

My REITs have grown quite a bit in the last several weeks. I have to accumulate slowly, but they have run up so much that I might keep adding cash to my account, but keep it there until we see if things pull back soon. Already have positions if it keeps going, but things seem pretty high.

#4686 40 days ago

DC, Here is the property lineup of MAC.

https://www.macerich.com/Leasing/Find

About 55% of the properties have a JC Penney. 7% have a Neiman Marcus.

70% of MAC properties have Macy's as an anchor tenant.

I'm looking to recover some of the significant discount to NAV post covid/vaccine.

Not a great business i want to own long term.

"Amazon has also been in conversations with several mall landlords about putting its Go Grocery stores in J.C. Penney locations, according to the report. Amazon recently listed job openings related to several locations of its new grocery store concept in Greater Washington."

#4688 40 days ago

Well, now that “that“ question has been answered we can see how Mr. Market is going to handle things.

Oh, and did I see silver down 15% today? Maybe that question was answered too. At least for now.

#4689 40 days ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Well, now that “that“ question has been answered we can see how Mr. Market is going to handle things.
    Oh, and did I see silver down 15% today? Maybe that question was answered too. At least for now.

All momentum got taken out to the woodshed

Rotation into the ditch

#4690 39 days ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

All momentum got taken out to the woodshed
    Rotation into the ditch

... and futures are up big again today

#4691 38 days ago
    Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

In this market I am not sure how anything is justified. AAPL goes up no matter what as do many other stocks. One week it is this, the next week it is the opposite. It feels more like gambling at present. Pick a target and shoot.

Now that it (RKT) has dropped about $7, I sold some September puts that would get me in at around $16.25 if I'm assigned. I'd like it better at $12-15, but $16 is a lot better than $26 it was last week.

#4693 38 days ago

I think it'll be good for Apple, but Tesla valuation seems to be on the (very) high side to me so hard to see the same there. I'm glad I bought some TSLA at $215, I guess it's time to sell before reality hits it

#4694 38 days ago

It has been a curiosity to watch RKT. Is it an innovator/disruptor or a traditional company? The valuations at $25+ only make sense if it’s a disruptor.

I would be tempted at that $16 and change price point, but with what the macs just did...probably will have to fall a bit below that before I would think to nibble.

I guess I am just more interested in other sectors of the market and it would really have to move to turn my head.

#4695 38 days ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I think it'll be good for Apple, but Tesla valuation seems to be on the (very) high side to me so hard to see the same there. I'm glad I bought some TSLA at $215, I guess it's time to sell before reality hits it

Still time to get into APPL before the split. Arguably a consumer spending 2020 favorite, their $460 shares will trade around $115 at the end of august due to the 4 for 1 split, BUT they have a whole wave of 5G-frenzy coming in Sept and Oct and iPhone 12 will be a must-have. That will drive the 'now affordable' shares to appeal to more investors who will load up on shares. While I would never tell anyone what to do, I have added to my position this month, and will expect those post-split 4 for 1 shares to hit $140 by the end of the year.

#4696 38 days ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

It has been a curiosity to watch RKT. Is it an innovator/disruptor or a traditional company? The valuations at $25+ only make sense if it’s a disruptor.
    I would be tempted at that $16 and change price point, but with what the macs just did...probably will have to fall a bit below that before I would think to nibble.
    I guess I am just more interested in other sectors of the market and it would really have to move to turn my head.

I don't think the market quite knows what to do with RKT but I am long. I still have all of my shares and look for it to do well. The housing sales numbers are strong and I feel confident this company is going to be a winner.

#4697 37 days ago

Picked up some RKT yesterday at $18.67
    I'll give it a couple earnings cycles and see how it plays out

#4698 37 days ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Picked up some RKT yesterday at $18.67
    I'll give it a couple earnings cycles and see how it plays out

I think you'll be happy. They just unexpectedly released earnings early (to boost the sagging stock price I'm sure). Up 7% so far in premarket.

#4699 37 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I think you'll be happy. They just unexpectedly released earnings early (to boost the sagging stock price I'm sure). Up 7% so far in premarket.

Make that 13%.

#4700 37 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Not earnings, but Q2 guidance. Earnings will be Sept 2.

Some good insight into their numbers are below. RKT is going to be a winner!

Shares of Rocket Companies RKT rose 10% in premarket trade Friday, after the parent of major mortgage lender Quicken Loans offered guidance for its second quarter. The company, which went public last week, said it expects net income of $3.5 billion, after a loss of $54 million in the same period a year ago. Revenue is expected to climb to $5.037 billion from $938 million a year ago. The guidance was issued as part of a financial disclosure requirement for bondholders, the company said in a release. It will report second-quarter earnings on Sept. 2 and does not expect to offer guidance in future quarters. There are currently too few FactSet estimates to create a reliable consensus. The company said its closed loan originations volume of $72.3 billion was up 126% from a year ago. Rocket raised $1.8 billion in its IPO. The stock closed Thursday just above its IPO issue price of $18.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 17.00
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    There are 5067 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 102.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside