IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 420.
#4551 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Also initiated a new position in LVGO for myself and some clients on the breakout and long term prospects. Been watching it as it hit both Fool and Data Driven Screens. Think about where personalized medicine, AI etc. is going and the TAM.

While we wait for school to reopen, one of the "future stocks" is popping today. LVGO is up 20% or $16 per share.

PINS has joined the breakout party too. Almost up to $26 per share.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

While we wait for school to reopen, one of the "future stocks" is popping today. LVGO is up 20% or $16 per share.
PINS has joined the breakout party too. Almost up to $26 per share.

LVGO popped A big 20% today yes. You had LVGO on one of your lists a while ago along with PINS. Your lists have been solid looking back at your posts when you mentioned the stocks. I was fortunate to already own both LVGO and Pins. Also on health I bought 1000 shares of NVTA on Tues morning of last week. Up almost 15% so far. Healthcare stocks are sexy also. Go figure?! Now one of these companies please find that vaccine!

This guy on Seeking Alpha recommends some great long term high growth stocks early like LVGO and NVTA last week for me along with FSLY, SQ, ROKU etc.. He does free articles which are worth a read, but I highly recommend subscribing to him for his portfolio and updates . It’s like $25 a month. He helped me get started to get out of MF’s and ETF’s to switch to mostly stocks. And yes Ice recommend him here a while ago. So Thanks Ice - again!

Last week he recommended NVTA In his subscription and he added to his portfolio also. I added it that morning at opening. With the Dow, 500 and Nasdaq all down today my portfolio went up?? Just take all this FYI and for what it’s worth. The market is weird out there for sure. There are a lot of good folks out there to help you navigate through.

https://seekingalpha.com/checkout?service_id=mp_1180

#4553 3 years ago

5% plus day for me overall CRWD +7.64%, FSLY +9.88%, SE +10.24%, PINS +4.45%, DOCU +4.35%, LVGO +3.22 to name a few.

"in the ditch" bounced off a bottom? Allocating more funds there in stages starting today and going forward the next 3-6 months. That means MAC, CCL, SRC, STOR etc.

Sold some MAC in taxable account (1/2 of total) on 6/18 to buy DOCU at $161. Took the loss for tax purposes and will load back in post 31 days from sale to meet "wash rules". Still sitting on MAC loss in SEP IRA. Just a matter of time.

Thanks St. Louis Fed chair for your comments! I love the FED! Lol

#4554 3 years ago

Ice, it looks like a bunch of the stocks you just mentioned above are near 52 week highs? Where do they go from here? Do they break through the ceiling and keep growing, or do they come back down?

#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Ice, it looks like a bunch of the stocks you just mentioned above are near 52 week highs? Where do they go from here? Do they break through the ceiling and keep growing, or do they come back down?

Well, they keep going up every day seemingly. With the exception of PINS which has just joined the Bull train, they all need to pull back in the short term.

Tough to buy any of them here. That's why i'm turning back to the "in the ditch" stocks for new money and the next leg back up.

I'd buy em all on 15-20% pullbacks, throw TTD in there. Momentum is in control right now and those dollars will shift back around at some point when the traders decide to take profits.

3-5 yr time horizon? It won't matter. Short term cautious, long term bullish.

#4556 3 years ago

Ice are only recommending buy and hold 3-5 yrs or if a stock has gone up 30-50% take profit and rebuy when it corrects 15-20%?

We all know 15-20% correction will happen at some point.

#4557 3 years ago

Thanks for your tips Ice. I have most of what you recommended and its appreciated.

#4558 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, they keep going up every day seemingly. With the exception of PINS which has just joined the Bull train, they all need to pull back in the short term.
Tough to buy any of them here. That's why i'm turning back to the "in the ditch" stocks for new money and the next leg back up.
I'd buy em all on 15-20% pullbacks, throw TTD in there. Momentum is in control right now and those dollars will shift back around at some point when the traders decide to take profits.
3-5 yr time horizon? It won't matter. Short term cautious, long term bullish.

I went from only a handful of stocks to selling off most of my Mutual Funds and ETF’s over the last few months and now have a portfolio of AMZN, AAPL, AYX, CRWD, DIS, DOCU, FB, FSLY, GOOG, LVGO, MELI, MSFT, NVDA, NVTA, OKTA, PYPL, PINS, ROKU, SE, SHOP, SQ, TTD AND TWLO. Most of these look like a “greatest hits” summary list from your previous lists over past few months ICE.

I have some cash available to buy dips on those above but I am very curious on what the best few “in the ditch” stocks would be from each sector, REITs, airlines, cruise, hotel, restaurants? I owned a broad group of them at the beginning of June but cashed out all positions at the market opening of June 10 because I felt they went up too fast. Got a little lucky there. I rebought MAC and that is about it. I feel you are right that those have huge potential next year. I feel some could even double in price and give a good dividend on top of that. It may be too early to buy them, but if I don’t start looking around now and starting some positions fairly soon, I could easily end up flat footed on them and miss the out. Like what would happen if a company finds a vaccine?? Something to think about. I will start looking around, but of course appreciate all your input and information a ton!

Thanks!

#4559 3 years ago

I also have a confession. On Monday I was buying more SQ stock on my phone as I was waiting at the bank drive thru to get money to go buy a TOM pin.

What the heck happened to me?! Lol

#4560 3 years ago

Some of these posts remind me of 2006 when everyone I knew was flipping houses. I had a test engineer that I had to fire because he spent all day on his phone doing house stuff. As the Modest Mouse song says, “Gravity Rides Everything”. You think fighting the Fed is bad? Try fighting gravity.

#4561 3 years ago

fighting gravity is easy. escape it. fighting perceived worth is impossible.

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

5% plus day for me overall CRWD +7.64%, FSLY +9.88%, SE +10.24%, PINS +4.45%, DOCU +4.35%, LVGO +3.22 to name a few.
"in the ditch" bounced off a bottom? Allocating more funds there in stages starting today and going forward the next 3-6 months. That means MAC, CCL, SRC, STOR etc.
Sold some MAC in taxable account (1/2 of total) on 6/18 to buy DOCU at $161. Took the loss for tax purposes and will load back in post 31 days from sale to meet "wash rules". Still sitting on MAC loss in SEP IRA. Just a matter of time.
Thanks St. Louis Fed chair for your comments! I love the FED! Lol

Can you explain to me your faith in CCL
My extended family & I have been avid cruisers for years, but none of us desires to get on a cruise ship anytime soon

#4563 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Can you explain to me your faith in CCL
My extended family & I have been avid cruisers for years, but none of us desires to get on a cruise ship anytime soon

It's not just CCL for me, it's SOME of travel & Leisure, hospitality and REIT's.

If you believe that a vaccine is coming, therapeutics, herd immunity etc. is coming, and that it will be dramatically better by January, then I'm loading into all the "blood in the streets" beaten down stocks in those sectors.

There is HUGE pent up demand to travel, especially when the fear and panic Covid risk is no longer there. The death toll is dropping and the reality is that so is the fear, despite 24/7 media.

We can't wait to buy when "the coast is clear" so to speak.

If you don't believe in the above and these companies won't survive then it's a terrible idea.

I'm betting that by the 1st quarter or least this time next year these stocks will be significantly higher.

I'm MUCH more concerned about protecting our huge gains in the technology sector. I started selling off 1/2 positions today for some clients, not myself though.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4357208-are-buying-reit-armageddon

#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's not just CCL for me, it's SOME of travel & Leisure, hospitality and REIT's.
If you believe that a vaccine is coming, therapeutics, herd immunity etc. is coming, and that it will be dramatically better by January, then I'm loading into all the "blood in the streets" beaten down stocks in those sectors.
There is HUGE pent up demand to travel, especially when the fear and panic Covid risk is no longer there. The death toll is dropping and the reality is that so is the fear, despite 24/7 media.
We can't wait to buy when "the coast is clear" so to speak.
If you don't believe in the above and these companies won't survive then it's a terrible idea.
I'm betting that by the 1st quarter or least this time next year these stocks will be significantly higher.
I'm MUCH more concerned about protecting our huge gains in the technology sector. I started selling off 1/2 positions today for some clients, not myself though.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4357208-are-buying-reit-armageddon

Sold off more of my wife’s company shares FISV that she had accumulated over time working there. Sold before it dropped 2% more percent today. I used 1/3 of the proceeds to start and add positions in SPG and MAC since they were down 6.5% today. These are currently 2%ish of my portfolio, but will look at add more ditch over the next 3/4 months. Fully expect them to be volatility for them over the rest of the year, but wantEd to start somewhere. The rest of the FISV sale proceeds will sit in cash which is currently a little over 20%ish percent of my portfolio. My Percentage cash has gotten squeezed and went down by my Stock portfolio gains the last few weeks. That is alright with me and I am not going to rebalance. I am comfortable with the amount of cash 20% cash, gold 5% and stock 75% mix for now.

Bumpy waters with ups and downs ahead.

#4565 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey iceman44 would love to get your read on Tech. I am normally a big tech investor and freely admit that I missed the big move. I took big gains in my positions at the end of Jan/beginning of February because I thought the market was frothy, and never got back in to that sector. The fundamentals just seem all of out whack based upon the situation and revenues, but I thought that the market was lighting the rocket under this sector to have something to point towards. Due to COVID, the rapid ascension, and seasonality, I think we could be in for a rude awakening as earnings season cranks up, but would love to get your take.

Thanks!

#4566 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey iceman44 would love to get your read on Tech. I am normally a big tech investor and freely admit that I missed the big move. I took big gains in my positions at the end of Jan/beginning of February because I thought the market was frothy, and never got back in to that sector. The fundamentals just seem all of out whack based upon the situation and revenues, but I thought that the market was lighting the rocket under this sector to have something to point towards. Due to COVID, the rapid ascension, and seasonality, I think we could be in for a rude awakening as earnings season cranks up, but would love to get your take.
Thanks!

Agree about Covid. It could create some more real turbulence. I wish it would. I’ll use it to pounce again.

What works with or without Covid? DOCU, AMZN, AAPL, GOOGl. The rich get richer

How about LVGO?

Tech and momentum is just where all the money is going right now. If it ain’t broken don’t fix it?

Motley Fool Stock Advisor updates Best Buy’s every Thursday.

Just now, it’s CRWD, TSLA, TTD, WORK, ZM

Sometimes I shake my head and then watch the momentum keep pushing them higher

I look at where I think things will be 3-5 yrs from now given 5G, AI and health care secular transformations.

Start a position in what you have high conviction in and then buy more when it goes down

Bottoms up individual stocks No broad indexes unless you are just going to put it aside for 25 yrs

And another theme like I mentioned before, money is already rotating to China and emerging market stocks to capture some of that perceived value and buffer the election risk

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Sold off more of my wife’s company shares FISV that she had accumulated over time working there. Sold before it dropped 2% more percent today. I used 1/3 of the proceeds to start and add positions in SPG and MAC since they were down 6.5% today. These are currently 2%ish of my portfolio, but will look at add more ditch over the next 3/4 months. Fully expect them to be volatility for them over the rest of the year, but wantEd to start somewhere. The rest of the FISV sale proceeds will sit in cash which is currently a little over 20%ish percent of my portfolio. My Percentage cash has gotten squeezed and went down by my Stock portfolio gains the last few weeks. That is alright with me and I am not going to rebalance. I am comfortable with the amount of cash 20% cash, gold 5% and stock 75% mix for now.
Bumpy waters with ups and downs ahead.

Have a client that just retired from Fiserv. Been a great stock. I love that strategy!

Very smart.

#4568 3 years ago

Whether it’s MAC getting back to $12-16

Or CCL getting back $25-27 a share

Can you envision the possibility or scenario that it might happen? Again

What’s the %gain from here?

Need a little patience for the story to play out

#4569 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agree about Covid. It could create some more real turbulence. I wish it would. I’ll use it to pounce again.
What works with or without Covid? DOCU, AMZN, AAPL, GOOGl. The rich get richer
How about LVGO?
Tech and momentum is just where all the money is going right now. If it ain’t broken don’t fix it?
Motley Fool Stock Advisor updates Best Buy’s every Thursday.
Just now, it’s CRWD, TSLA, TTD, WORK, ZM
Sometimes I shake my head and then watch the momentum keep pushing them higher
I look at where I think things will be 3-5 yrs from now given 5G, AI and health care secular transformations.
Start a position in what you have high conviction in and then buy more when it goes down
Bottoms up individual stocks No broad indexes unless you are just going to put it aside for 25 yrs
And another theme like I mentioned before, money is already rotating to China and emerging market stocks to capture some of that perceived value and buffer the election risk

Appreciate your insight. AAPL is a stock that I know very well having invested in that heavily the past 15 years. Traditionally, Q2 has some weakness based upon the seasonality of their phone releases, etc. Think the time from WWDC to iPhone release. Although they are diversifying to become more of a content provider, the company is based upon their hardware releases. With stores re-opening and closing and with no new products available until the fall, it could be set up for a pullback. I sure hope so. There are talks of delays and less product available due to corona-related shutdowns at the suppliers. We shall see.

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Appreciate your insight. AAPL is a stock that I know very well having invested in that heavily the past 15 years. Traditionally, Q2 has some weakness based upon the seasonality of their phone releases, etc. Think the time from WWDC to iPhone release. Although they are diversifying to become more of a content provider, the company is based upon their hardware releases. With stores re-opening and closing and with no new products available until the fall, it could be set up for a pullback. I sure hope so. There are talks of delays and less product available due to corona-related shutdowns at the suppliers. We shall see.

I’m surprised by the rapid run up with Apple

My favorite and largest holding for my clients

Everything is about 5G upgrade cycle and shift to services, AI, healthcare initiatives, own chips, etc

Buy and hold. Buy more on dips. That goes for most stocks you want to own

The future is here and upon us!

#4571 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Some of these posts remind me of 2006 when everyone I knew was flipping houses. I had a test engineer that I had to fire because he spent all day on his phone doing house stuff. As the Modest Mouse song says, “Gravity Rides Everything”. You think fighting the Fed is bad? Try fighting gravity.

Quoting old, obscure Modest Mouse lyrics will get you everywhere in my world. +1

#4572 3 years ago

I am watching MAC, OXY & STKS
Getting very tempting at these prices!

#4573 3 years ago

Anyone holding on to oil stocks? I have investmemt in Helmerich and Payne. Should I hold onto it until oil finally comes back up? Or dump it and cut my losses

#4574 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This! I have learned it is important to just get started with a small position on company or on a hot or beaten down sector, like Tech or REIT’s now. You likely may not want to do this because a stock may have gone up recently so you feel you missed out, overheated or is currently beaten down, so you are just not sure about the future of it, but once you have some money in you will keep an eye on the stock and learn about the sector more and it’s really the best way to find out if its for you or not.

If things go down and you still like the company buy more, but I would also add to not be afraid to add another position as it goes up. Chances are you learned more about the stock and if it is going up its for good reasons. I have multiple positions of many stocks and I bought more as they went up compared to down. I mean if you have to buy on the way up that’s actually good because that means your first position was bought right.

All that being said I think I have to give in and buy some Tesla. I own a bunch of stocks but never dipped my toe in darn it. Little position will be coming. I didn’t buy because Elon himself said it was overpriced.

#4575 3 years ago

Really good article from the New York Times about Robinhood, how it makes money, and the difficulties that they have had with the platform. Stated that the company had to put in bulletproof glass due to people showing up at its offices.

From what little I have looked into Robinhood I think that there are better, more robust free platforms out there compared to this. Would be curious to get others feedback.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/technology/robinhood-risky-trading.html

#4576 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Really good article from the New York Times about Robinhood, how it makes money, and the difficulties that they have had with the platform. Stated that the company had to put in bulletproof glass due to people showing up at its offices.
From what little I have looked into Robinhood I think that there are better, more robust free platforms out there compared to this. Would be curious to get others feedback.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/technology/robinhood-risky-trading.html

The opening is cringeworthy, and it’s not the writing. At 32, does it not occur that getting huge cash advances on credit cards might not be a good idea? Especially if the plan is to pay that back with gains from the market, while still having enough extra to continue to trade? I don’t know how low of a rate you can get for an advance on a card, but I think mine is north of 10%, and maybe even just shy of 20%. I don’t know because I saw the number when I got the card and just decided “nope”.

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The opening is cringeworthy, and it’s not the writing. At 32, does it not occur that getting huge cash advances on credit cards might not be a good idea? Especially if the plan is to pay that back with gains from the market, while still having enough extra to continue to trade? I don’t know how low of a rate you can get for an advance on a card, but I think mine is north of 10%, and maybe even just shy of 20%. I don’t know because I saw the number when I got the card and just decided “nope”.

I had never heard of Robinhood until just recently. I would really like to see the sales talk and other sales pitches used to lure these people into daytrading "riches" like sheep being led to slaughter. I mean, the pros in New York have a multitude of screens in front of them. And somehow, YOU can make a fortune with just your cell phone ???

#4578 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I had never heard of Robinhood until just recently. I would really like to see the sales talk and other sales pitches used to lure these people into daytrading "riches" like sheep being led to slaughter. I mean, the pros in New York have a multitude of screens in front of them. And somehow, YOU can make a fortune with just your cell phone ???

From my understanding, Robinhood is geared at younger, lesser experienced traders. I have not seen any pitch decks as I do not believe the people that would require a pitch deck would consider Robinhood a serious option. I think that it is the worst of all worlds: geared at inexperienced folks with no guardrails. With that being said, blame also belong with traders. As desertT1 mentions above, the article highlights beginners taking out HELOCs and credit card advances to day trade. These people are morons.

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

From my understanding, Robinhood is geared at younger, lesser experienced traders. I have not seen any pitch decks as I do not believe the people that would require a pitch deck would consider Robinhood a serious option. I think that it is the worst of all worlds: geared at inexperienced folks with no guardrails. With that being said, blame also belong with traders. As desertt1 mentions above, the article highlights beginners taking out HELOCs and credit card advances to day trade. These people are morons.

Back in the 80s (jeez, I'm getting old). there was a pocket devise called Quotrek. I learned of it on FNN ( Financial News Network ) when a futures broker, Ira Epstein, was hawking it for trading futures when you were on the move.

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/04/28/business/a-pocket-monitor-for-stock-quotes.html
===============================

Farther back, in the 70s, some unsuspecting people were being sold sugar futures contracts. IIRC, the sugar futures sales reps were knocking on peoples' doors like a vacuum cleaner salesman. The futures markets resemble poker games. There always has to be new fish setting down at the table for the pros to make any money.

I cannot find a supporting link. My apologies.

#4580 3 years ago

So CCL up 10% today.

MAC up 7.5%

A slight rotation day out of momentum high flyers.

Just saying. It's coming again.

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So CCL up 10% today.

Sold all my CCL today, made a nice 30% profit. If/When it dips again, I'll likely buy it again. Thanks for your tips iceman44

#4582 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So CCL up 10% today.
MAC up 7.5%

Yeppers,

Just wish I bought my MAC at 8 something instead of 10.67. It just needs a little time.

#4583 3 years ago

For the life of me....I don't get why anyone would want to take a cruise for the next 5+ years.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So CCL up 10% today.
MAC up 7.5%

Nice turn around on MAC and SPG for me from when I bought them yesterday when they were down over 6% each. I now have a nice quick cushion of 6% and 8% gain from when I bought to cushion against dips.

Finally gave in and bought a small, like .75% of my portfolio, first position on TSLA today. Thank goodness I bought at opening. Up 10%+ by day end. I oddly don’t feel smart or really good about this gain. I have a - scratching my head/not sure what is up with TSLA feeling instead?? But just like many others, I want to see how the company plays out over the years. I guess you just have to accept what it is, run with it and see.

Short sellers are down $18 billion going against the stock so far this year. $4 Billion this July alone?! Yikes! To those folks - I am sorry I bought.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/10/tesla-short-sellers-are-down-18-billion-this-year-including-another-4-billion-in-july.html

#4585 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Yeppers,
Just wish I bought my MAC at 8 something instead of 10.67. It just needs a little time.

Hang in there

Im buying back my other 1/2 position Mon

TSLA shorts have just gotten blown out

#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

For the life of me....I don't get why anyone would want to take a cruise for the next 5+ years.

I can't wait for cruises to open back up. I'd go on a cruise next week, best vacations ever. Although I'm not worried about COVID.

#4587 3 years ago

i have a question for iceman or anybody else - i bought a lot of shares of xers a few weeks ago and after hours it was announced that george soros just bought
5.6 % stake in the company - how many people out there buy what he buys once it is announced. i know it's up 13% after hours.

i missed buying 1000 shares of CCL yesterday by .02 cents - also missed oxy by .05 cents - i like playing oxy

BRIEF-George Soros Reports 5.6% Passive Stake In Xeris Pharmaceuticals Inc As Of June 30
BY Reuters
— 4:40 PM ET 07/10/2020
July 10 (Reuters) - Soros Fund Management Llc:

* GEORGE SOROS REPORTS 5.6% PASSIVE STAKE IN XERIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC AS OF JUNE 30 - SEC FILING Source text: [https://bit.ly/2Zf1ufK] ([email protected])

#4588 3 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i have a question for iceman or anybody else - i bought a lot of shares of xers a few weeks ago and after hours it was announced that george soros just bought
5.6 % stake in the company - how many people out there buy what he buys once it is announced. i know it's up 13% after hours.
i missed buying 1000 shares of CCL yesterday by .02 cents - also missed oxy by .05 cents - i like playing oxy
BRIEF-George Soros Reports 5.6% Passive Stake In Xeris Pharmaceuticals Inc As Of June 30
BY Reuters
— 4:40 PM ET 07/10/2020
July 10 (Reuters) - Soros Fund Management Llc:
* GEORGE SOROS REPORTS 5.6% PASSIVE STAKE IN XERIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC AS OF JUNE 30 - SEC FILING Source text: [https://bit.ly/2Zf1ufK] ([email protected])

I don’t buy what he does or follow him, but maybe you are on to something? I owned shares of DraftKings early on and remembered an article that he bought the stock. I looked back when and found the article from May 11th which said he bought a 66 Million stake in the stock. It looks like it popped up after also. From the day of the article May 11 to May 12, the next day close, DKNG went up 7.5%. It was around $24 then and hit $42 later on. I think he did well. I did also and got all out at $38. So thanks for the lift George??

But yeah maybe follow him somehow and buy instantly as soon as you hear of a purchase. Maybe go back and see some announcement dates and see what happened to each stock that day to day after?

And I don’t day trade but OXY has a special place in my heart from when I briefly bought a chunk June 4th and sold it all June 9th. I literally thought the ticker was broken when I looked at the change June 5th?! I had a gut feeling to sell. By far my best purchase ever. Not going back any time soon, but enjoyed the short crazy ride.

Oh went to URI also. I am a Ram!

#4589 3 years ago

Silly question, assuming you own several lots of the same stock does it make sense to sell the ones with largest profit or it doesn’t matter as long as they are long to minimize the tax impact? Just trying to figure out if there’s a benefit in one approach over the other when selling

#4590 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Silly question, assuming you own several lots of the same stock does it make sense to sell the ones with largest profit or it doesn’t matter as long as they are long to minimize the tax impact? Just trying to figure out if there’s a benefit in one approach over the other when selling

It depends entirely on why you're selling.

#4591 3 years ago

Looking at going in on a comeback part of my portfolio soon if not today. Have 25% cash position waiting to go.

#4592 3 years ago

Is there enough pullback for FSLY to be a buy?

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So CCL up 10% today.
MAC up 7.5%

I love it when the "talking heads" hate em. Cramer, Faber, Quintanilla etc. let their bias shine through every day!

These companies WILL make it to the other side of a vaccine. And the hysteria will subside.

pasted_image“The stock market is a wonderfully efficient mechanism for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient.”  pasted_image“The stock market is a wonderfully efficient mechanism for transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient.”
#4594 3 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Is there enough pullback for FSLY to be a buy?

I think so. $75-80 was my pullback target, bought some yesterday, buying more today for clients

Don't buy it unless you have longer term conviction and are willing to buy again on another dip.

#4595 3 years ago

CCL up 16% today

MAC up 7%

We know how the movie ends? June 8th/9th was the peak of the "re-opening" positivity. CCL hit $25 ish, MAC hit $13 ish, along with every other REIT, travel & leisure.

That was too early, fear and panic is back. And a vaccine is coming. You get another bite at the Apple.

Booked my CCL cruise on the new ship Mardi Gras for next July.

#4596 3 years ago

Thoughts on Silver looking to make a move?

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thoughts on Silver looking to make a move?

I've been in SIL for 2 weeks and it's up 23%

#4598 3 years ago

Yeah i bought a heap a while ago wondering how far it will go

#4599 3 years ago

With sports coming back I took positions in Draftkings and Lancadia Holdings about 2 weeks ago. Up 25% and 22%, respectively. Lancadia is Tillman Fertita's blank check company for the Golden Nugget Online acquisition, and will be changing its name to Golden Nugget in the next 45 days or so. Anybody else playing in these waters?

#4600 3 years ago

What do you guys think is a better use of extra cash right now? Pay down debt (low interest mortgage), invest, or hold cash for market dip crash. Part of me hates debt, but the rate is so low (3.875) does it make sense?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Boards
PinSound

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/92?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.