Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 421.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

considering I missed BA @ $120, yes I think 150 is a good goal.

I bought BA at $118 and sold at $149 I almost jumped off a bridge when it went over $200

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I bought BA at $118 and sold at $149 I almost jumped off a bridge when it went over $200

I hear you buddy. Know that feeling. Lets not talk about what I did with HTZ , Hertz, the good news is HTZ is at an all time low at about $2 bucks a share. lol

#4353 3 years ago

considering I missed BA @ $120, yes I think 150 is a good goal.

Here is link about a major Boeing supplier. I have included the text in its entirely due to possible paywall issues.

900 workers are going to be furloughed. This is on top of the 4000-5000 employees who have already been laid off before the virus hit. The advantage for furloughed employees is they get to keep their benefits and health insurance while they get to draw unemployment from the state.

Spirit makes the complete 737 fuselage assembly. Boeing did announce a few days ago that it was going to start a limited production schedule of the 737 Max fuse. I am thinking this is mostly to keep the workers busy as Boeing hopes to get the 737 Max certified to fly again.

The part where it says Spirit expected to bring back thousands of employees in April did NOT happen.

=============================
I have marked out the major information in this article between == signs for lighter reading
==========================

https://www.kansas.com/news/business/aviation/article243437306.html

"WICHITA

======================
Most Spirit AeroSystems hourly employees in Wichita directly associated with production work and support functions for the 737 program will be furloughed beginning Monday, according to Spirit.
The furloughs are in response to Boeing’s directive to Spirit to stop producing 737 Max ship sets, Spirit officials said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
====================

It will affect around 900 people at the company.

Spirit will implement the furloughs for the Wichita employees through July 6 for a total of 21 days, said Keturah Austin, senior manager for corporate communications at Spirit.

The furloughs are needed because of the continued effect of COVID-19 on the airline industry and the uncertainty surrounding the return to service of the 737 Max, Austin said.

Spirit is the largest employer in Wichita, according to the Greater Wichita Partnership. The company employs around 13,000 people full-time in the area.

“This difficult decision was made to help safeguard the financial health and stability of the company,” Austin wrote in an email to The Eagle. “We acknowledge the hardship this will have on our employees, and we’re thankful for their commitment and understanding during this difficult time.”

There will be some exceptions in who will experience a furlough, according to an email sent to Spirit employees Wednesday afternoon and obtained by The Eagle. Managers will contact workers to let them know if they will be affected.

Employee benefits, including healthcare, will continue for workers on furlough. Individual employees are responsible for filing for any unemployment claims. Spirit will submit the names of affected employees to the state, according to the email.

====================================
In mid-April, Spirit was expected to bring back thousands of workers it furloughed amid the coronavirus pandemic. However, the 737 Max was a project troubled before COVID-19 hit.
===================================

The company previously implemented 21-day furloughs in response to COVID-19 and had prior cuts in 737 production. Boeing is a major customer of Spirit AeroSystems.

=====================
Spirit makes fuselages for the 737 Max, which was grounded by aviation authorities worldwide after two crashes blamed on a design defect killed passengers and crew overseas. Boeing has been struggling to correct problems with the plane and get it in the air once again.

During the pandemic, Spirit had turned to manufacturing some protective medical face shields.

In a Wednesday evening news release, company officials said the furlough decision was due to a directive from Boeing to stop producing 737 Max ship sets, in addition to the continued grounding of the plan and the coronavirus pandemic.

====================================
Spirit said Boeing sent a letter on June 4 telling Spirit to pause work on four Max ship sets and to avoid starting production on sixteen additional ship sets that were to be delivered this year. The halt is to continue until further notice from Boeing.
==============================================

The pause in production is “in order to support Boeing’s alignment of near-term delivery schedules to its customers’ needs in light of COVID-19’s impact on air travel and airline operations, and in order to mitigate the expenditure of potential unnecessary production costs,” Spirit officials wrote in the news release.

Spirit officials said they expect Boeing to reduce production for this year by at least 20 ship sets, though the company “does not yet have definitive information.” The current production plan for 2020 calls for 125 ship sets.

================================================

In addition to the Wichita furloughs, Spirit will “declare an immediate reduction of the hourly workforce” in Tulsa and McAlester, Oklahoma.

#4354 3 years ago

Lets not talk about what I did with HTZ , Hertz, the good news is HTZ is at an all time low at about $2 bucks a share. lol

A word of caution about bankruptcy stocks.... When a company gets restructured / bought out after a bankruptcy, the new owners have no obligation to the current stock holders. Your stock can simply disappear. They issue new stock, and you have no part in the new company. And that is all "legal". Sound hard to believe? Read up on what happened with Kmart.

#4355 3 years ago

If OXY drops to the $14+- range I think it will be good long term buy

#4356 3 years ago

Better get that newsletter out Ice!

Keep your powder dry everyone! Lol.

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The DOW is still up 7500 points and the S&P up 900 points from the March lows and people are freaking out about a couple of down days. The Fed doesn't need to step in and do anything extra right now. If it drops 50% from here, then they'll probably start buying S&P ETFs, but we're a long way from there. Keep some dry powder and buy good stocks at discounts.

And down 4,500 points since February. This is a market for day traders. If you got out high, good for you, if you didn’t, it’s gonna be a long ride.

#4358 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And down 4,500 points since February. This is a market for day traders. If you got out high, good for you, if you didn’t, it’s gonna be a long ride.

The Fed has shot a good portion of its wad unless they want to go to negative rates which is ridiculous IMHO.

#4359 3 years ago

The Fed has shot a good portion of its wad unless they want to go to negative rates which is ridiculous IMHO.

The Fed has little left to offer. But I won’t fight them, lol.

And the govt. bailed out millionaires and billionaires instead of putting more money into the consumer’s pocket. And cases are spiking in places that reopened. I’m not sure I see anything different from early March with the exception that NY doesn’t have 1,000 people dying a day anymore. It’s the rest of the country’s turn.

#4360 3 years ago

Wow DIS is getting hammered down over 7%

#4361 3 years ago

is it bad of me to say good?
I would love it to drop under $100 again so i can buy in

#4362 3 years ago

So I read that Disney is planning the opening of Orlando and Anaheim theme parks in mid July. That will be something to watch, since Covid cases are surging in both states. I just don’t see the immediate investment incentive (on the dips) unless you’re in it for the long haul. I mean, if they can’t open in July, or they do and no one shows up, the stock is going to get hammered.

And again, who’s getting on an airplane?

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So I read that Disney is planning the opening of Orlando and Anaheim theme parks in mid July. That will be something to watch, since Covid cases are surging in both states. I just don’t see the immediate investment incentive (on the dips) unless you’re in it for the long haul. I mean, if they can’t open in July, or they do and no one shows up, the stock is going to get hammered.
And again, who’s getting on an airplane?

I know that this is just anecdotal, but we canceled our family trip to Universal Orlando from June 30th-July 4th. I could have gone either way on it. And then I heard that you have to wear a mask the whole time in the park (in the Florida summer heat)-- no thanks. The limiting capacity thing could have been good unless you were turned away at the door and you have limited days in Orlando. I'm not quite sure how they're doing that. My wife was a definite no. This is just one more example of theme park, airfare, and hotel reservations refunded.

#4364 3 years ago

You gotta love watching who posts more when the market is up vs when it is down

I've been making trades in different accounts (short term daytrading and long term IRA/401k), shorting stocks like Boeing today (which just had another big drop 10mins ago) but I'm still torn over what to do long-term. Disney, for example...do you buy more now on this dip or wait and see how much lower it goes? If you compare stocks like that to just 5 years ago, it seems like if you factor in virus uncertainty there could be quite a bit more of a drop. Not to mention the election coming up.

Good luck to everyone!

#4365 3 years ago

I had a limit order to sell all my AAPL at 350 and I pulled the order earlier this week.

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

* Worst day ever for my personal day trading fund.

* Worst day ever so far. Down 15% today but still Covid up. In non speculative stock I like NOW and TEAM.

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

* Worst day ever so far. Down 15% today but still Covid up. In non speculative stock I like NOW and TEAM.

They are good stocks but are very expensive right now on a comparative basis. I would wait for a big pull back. YMMV

#4368 3 years ago

I find it interesting how just a couple weeks ago I remember the horrible unemployment data was just glossed over and did not play into any worries. This week new unemployment numbers are no better yet it is partially the reason given for the pullback. So detached.

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I find it interesting how just a couple weeks ago I remember the horrible unemployment data was just glossed over and did not play into any worries. This week new unemployment numbers are no better yet it is partially the reason given for the pullback. So detached.

Almost like the market is bipolar! Is there a doctor in the house that can help this patent to a stable recovery?

#4370 3 years ago

Back to the range. Mama always told me there would be days like this.

Added 10k shares on MAC and started LONG term position in DOCU. DocuSign. Man, no discount today!

I’m looking to add to TTD position as well.

24/7 doom and gloom media back on Covid scare now again. I’ll buy into that

Along with giddy CNBC talking heads. What a joke! Lol

#4371 3 years ago

Your MAC position sounds very similar to the Bitcoin pumpers in another tread. Do you have solid logic to backup your pick? I see so many people in this thread that base their positions on: Random Stock A was xxx yesterday ; therefore it must be worth yyy today.

Seems to me that carrying high level of debt ,with renters that aren't making any money seems precarious at best.

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Your MAC position sounds very similar to the Bitcoin pumpers in another tread. Do you have solid logic to backup your pick? I see so many people in this thread that base their positions on: Random Stock A was xxx yesterday ; therefore it must be worth yyy today.
Seems to me that carrying high level of debt ,with renters that aren't making any money seems precarious at best.

Maybe you should short it now. I don’t have to pump shit because I don’t care what you do. Do your own due diligence.

I’ll be selling puts against it as well.

Watch and learn or just follow the herd

We have plenty of AAPL, $51 mill, V, TTD, SHOP, OKTA, SE, AYX, PINS, TWLO etc etc

Gonna look back and view this volatility as an opportunity of a decade

I’m thankful for today. It was needed

#4373 3 years ago

I’m adding Crowdstrike CRWD for a starter position in my aggressive model

Yes, like DocuSign it’s rallied hard. Love the space with OKTA

And “DocuSign” is now a verb multibagger coming

Got to have a little patience to let the story play out folks !

That’s not day trading

Focus on the WHY. Ignore the media BS. Don’t let bias get in the way of making good decisions

#4374 3 years ago

Market is opening big this AM but for the stocks that I am interested in now I think are frothy. Going to wait for a pull back on those and buy. Happy with my ditch stock plays (UAL, DAL, OXY, SLB, HAL) over the past few weeks and did really well on the gains. Good luck to all.

#4375 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Hardly think there is enough people reading this forum to effect the stock movement

#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Hardly think there is enough people reading this forum to effect the stock movement

But what if I sell my Stargate and my Pin*Bot and put ALL of that money into MAC?

#4377 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Wasn't implying Ice is pumping this stock, merely pointing out the logic many seem to want to use here is 'its gotta be worth a lot because it was worth a lot before', and that logic mirrored what we had in another thread.

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do your own due diligence.

Best advice in the entire thread

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

A word of caution about bankruptcy stocks.... When a company gets restructured / bought out after a bankruptcy, the new owners have no obligation to the current stock holders. Your stock can simply disappear. They issue new stock, and you have no part in the new company. And that is all "legal". Sound hard to believe? Read up on what happened with Kmart.

That happened with Eastman Kodak. EK has been replaced by KODK and a complete new body of shareholders. One day you had ownership and the next day you had zero. All legal.

Yellow Freight, YRCW, kept its call symbol, but changed it name to YRC Worldwide and took all of the shareholders for a ride.

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That happened with Eastman Kodak. EK has been replaced by KODK and a complete new body of shareholders. One day you had ownership and the next day you had zero. All legal.
Yellow Freight, YRCW, kept its call symbol, but changed it name to YRC Worldwide and took all of the shareholders for a ride.

Hertz is in bankruptcy and it came out yesterday they want to sell up to a billion dollars in stock to clueless buyers that will soon be worth zero.

#4381 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Hertz is in bankruptcy and it came out yesterday they want to sell up to a billion dollars in stock to clueless buyers that will soon be worth zero.

Geeesus how can antics like that be legal? Such a shame.

#4382 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

GM did something strange in 2009-2010. I can't remember the details. But there was the new GM stock and the old GM stock. The old stock was trading for way less than a dollar per share. But it was all hocus pokus. There was no value at all. But a lot of my co-workers were trading this old GM like crazy. It was just a gambling vehicle. One day it was there. And the next day it wasn't. If you held overnight you were wiped out the following day.

I got caught on the Kodak. I would suggest to anyone one thinks they will cut fat hog on HTZ to think about it again

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Added 10k shares on MAC

Must be nice to just throw around 90k+ like it's nothing. Heh.

As someone that's only invested in my 401k/IRAs prior to all this stuff, I find it amusing watching what's going on with the market right now. I'm only investing money I can afford to lose (re: Very little), but all-in-all I'm still vastly on the positive side from where I was in November when I started messing around with Robinhood. I had a really good laugh at an article they linked the other day talking about Hertz and some other companies being blown up to ridiculous prices by clueless Robinhood investors trying to make a quick buck.

Frankly, as long as I stay neutral or have any growth on my piddly expenditures, I'm pretty happy. Single transaction buys and sells are not really my thing, and I freely admit that I'm risk-averse and yes, ACTUALLY INCOMPETENT when it comes to knowing which stocks to buy. Like there's no way I would currently ever consider shorting anything, I don't know enough. But, watching what is going on is extremely interesting....people have definitely lost their minds when it comes to investing the last few weeks. Even a dumbass like me knows that investing in a company that's going bankrupt is purely a gamble. Props to you guys that make a boatload off this, since we all know that the only thing that matters is not who's losing money in this country, but who's getting more of it.

#4387 3 years ago

This is laughable.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/investing/millennials-investing-robinhood/index.html

Millennials working from home may be moving the market.

I suppose some traders at home have the juice to move the market, although it seems like a long shot when compared to the big money that is in game.

OTOH, if the home traders can move this market, I am of the opinion this this will turn out badly.

#4388 3 years ago

Thanks, that was the article I was referring to in my post.

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I got caught on the Kodak. I would suggest to anyone one thinks they will cut fat hog on HTZ to think about it again

It was Kmart for me. Luckily, that lesson only cost me a few hundred bucks. For some, it was much worse.

I was watching CNBC the other day, and they (the "experts") were talking about the Hertz bankruptcy and current stock activity. None of them even hinted at the possibility that the stock could just disappear tomorrow! I find that deeply disturbing....

#4390 3 years ago

Fruit of the Loom for me. Genius.

#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Added 10k shares on MAC and started LONG term position in DOCU.

MAC (Macerich) is a REIT for high-end malls. The stock was steadily dropping from 2018 until corona hit. Long-term, are malls (even nice ones) going to survive? My perspective may be skewed by the fact that I'd rather do anything besides go to the mall.

#4392 3 years ago

Why did the market bounce back today on a Friday? Lol

For day traders MAC was up 7%

Just a matter of time.

Can’t escape the positive reopenings despite the media and biased talking heads on CNBC

Boom boom

Use some common sense

CCL +15%?

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

MAC (Macerich) is a REIT for high-end malls. The stock was steadily dropping from 2018 until corona hit. Long-term, are malls (even nice ones) going to survive? My perspective may be skewed by the fact that I'd rather do anything besides go to the mall.

Three major malls in the Dallas area have been shut down and in the process of, or already are, being demolished right now. One is completely gone, second is slated to be leveled (unknown what they're going to do with the area), and the third is partially demolished right now with Sears clinging to their part of the structure and parking lot, but the rest of it will be turned into apartments and more "mixed use" BS. (Mall without walls is what "mixed use" in this area seems to be.)

#4394 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just a matter of time.
Can’t escape the positive reopenings despite the media and biased talking heads on CNBC
Boom boom
Use some common sense
CCL +15%?

The cruise line rally is what baffles me! You couldn’t pay me to get on one of those ships! I would assume most feel the same way after all those people were marooned on the ships and quarantined to their cabins for weeks... sounds like a nightmare, we are Going to see some BK’s IMHO.

#4395 3 years ago

The cruise line rally is what baffles me! You couldn’t pay me to get on one of those ships! I would assume most feel the same way after all those people were marooned on the ships and quarantined to their cabins for weeks... sounds like a nightmare, we are Going to see some BK’s IMHO.

Corona special. Buy one week get 2 free!

Up 7.75% today.

#4396 3 years ago

Right? My wife bought a few shares of Norwegian, and won't stop holding it over my head lol. Which, if she was going to buy one, that would've been the right one, as from what I've seen their cash reserves situation looks much better than the others, but still....I've never been on a cruise, she's never been on a cruise, and there's no way in hell either of us are going to be anytime in the forseeable future.... All travel stock bets are now just a hedge that people really ARE *that* stupid......so more likely than not it'll pay off as long as they don't go under before the stupid becomes overwhelmingly in their favor.

#4397 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

None of them even hinted at the possibility that the stock could just disappear tomorrow! I find that deeply disturbing....

Yes. Those TV shows want to be on the floor of the NYSE with the traders. I would imagine there are certain items that agree to not talk about. Goes along with the market is not going down hard; It is an orderly decline.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/hertz-htz-stock-sale-bankruptcy?puc=_htmlmdb_pla&cm_ven=EMAIL_htmlmdb&tstmem=28910592&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MDB&utm_term=Hertz+Will+Sell+Up+to+%241+Billion+in+Shares+to+Fund+Bankruptcy

How about this one:

" Hertz said it would warn any potential buyers “the common stock could ultimately be worthless.” "

That will probably be buried on page 15 in pica type.

#4398 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just a matter of time.
Boom boom
Use some common sense
CCL +15%?

The “positive reopenings” in states with surging cases? I won’t be subscribing to your newsletter.

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Right? My wife bought a few shares of Norwegian, and won't stop holding it over my head lol. Which, if she was going to buy one, that would've been the right one, as from what I've seen their cash reserves situation looks much better than the others, but still....I've never been on a cruise, she's never been on a cruise, and there's no way in hell either of us are going to be anytime in the forseeable future.... All travel stock bets are now just a hedge that people really ARE *that* stupid......so more likely than not it'll pay off as long as they don't go under before the stupid becomes overwhelmingly in their favor.

And about 5 weeks ago there were articles all over the place about their potential folding. Must be the “fake news” media, or a brilliant play by those Schwifty Norwegians! Cruise ships are the future! Invest all your “dry powder” on cruise ships and Disney. And Malls!

Lol!

#4400 3 years ago

We are in weird times.

Just to hear it from the other side. My wife’s company is a Nasdaq 100 Company and they took no bail outs or Federal loans and didn’t do any big layoffs or furloughs either. Even so the CEO and CFO have been working for zero salary since April. The top 20 most highly compensated employees there are on a 20% pay cut now also. Their stock they may get as future compensation went down 40% and is now at 20% down from this year’s high, but who knows which direction it will head? Bonuses, if they have any, will likely be low for the next couple of years. They are working harder than ever to work to get their company through this mess.

I just wanted to let folks know because what the higher ups of companies are doing now isn’t getting reported. Many are making sacrifices during this tough time. Less or even zero salary with less future equity pay while working harder then ever doesn’t sound like “getting rich!” to me.

But sure many are still rich but just not as rich as before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.