Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,012 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 421.
#3401 4 years ago

It's scary funny how right I was 3 weeks ago predicting people's attitudes if less people died than projections.

#3402 4 years ago

Either I am early or I am too late with the TZA I bought the this past week. Here are a couple of charts.

The DOW is on the left. The Russel 2000 (RUT) is on the right. RUT is the mid cap index; This is what moves TZA. The smaller companies have not been doing as good as the Dow. The old saying is that the Generals follow the soldiers on the way down.

30 different people can look at a chart and see 30 different things. I see divergence to the downside.

(the green line going across is just where the indexes (indices ?) closed for the day ). It means nothing, but it a convenient marker line).

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.46.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.46.55 AM (resized).png

#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Many people were saying it was going to be 1.3-2 million Americans. Even the Feds said 230,000 dead in months.

That’s an exaggeration. 230k was at the very top of the scale in a model, not a crystal ball. Even the reduced models have 130k at the top of the scale. And that’s with intense social distancing. Which we’re simply not seeing in enough places.

Fact is, no one really knows, and about 1,000 people a day are dying in NY right now. And for the foreseeable future. This isn’t going away anytime soon.

UPDATE: 300k could have been reached....

Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Projects Summer Spike In Infections if Stay at Home Orders are Lifted
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/us/coronavirus-updates-usa.html?referringSource=articleShare

New federal projections show a spike in infections if shelter in place orders are lifted at 30 days.

Stay-at-home orders, school closures and social distancing greatly reduce infections of the coronavirus, but lifting those restrictions after just 30 days will lead to a dramatic infection spike this summer and death tolls that would rival doing nothing, government projections indicate.

The projections obtained by The New York Times come from the departments of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services and are dated April 9. The documents contain no dates for when shelter in places orders were delivered nor do they contain specific dates for when spikes would hit. The risk they show of easing shelter-in-place orders currently in effect in most of the United States undercut recent statements by President Trump that the United States could be ready to reopen “very, very soon.”

If the demand for ventilators is considered a stand-in for serious Covid-19 infection rates, then the model foresees a modest bump immediately when the stay-at-home orders are lifted and a major new spike in infections about 100 days after a shelter in place is ordered, peaking 150 days after the initial order.

For most states that implemented stay-at-home orders in late March, including New York City, Massachusetts and Illinois, that spike would come in mid to late summer.

The government’s conclusions are sobering. Without any mitigation, such as school closings, shelter-in-place orders, telework and socially distancing, the death toll from coronavirus could have reached 300,000. But if the administration lifts the 30-day stay-at-home orders, the death total is estimated to reach 200,000, even if schools remain closed until summer, 25 percent of the country continues to work from home and some social distancing continues.

If nothing was done, infection rates would top out at 195 million Americans, and 965,000 people would require hospitalization in an intensive care unit, according to the projections’ “best guess.” But with a 30-day shelter in place and other measures, infections would still reach 160 million and 740,000 would need intensive care.

#3405 4 years ago

At the current infection rates, and estimations that the infected double every 3-5 days, the entire population of Canada will be infected by the middle of June.

#3406 4 years ago

I wonder if the 38 analysts will be right or wrong -

6B2E0422-1263-49AA-924F-0C808EB55CCA (resized).png6B2E0422-1263-49AA-924F-0C808EB55CCA (resized).png
#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder if the 38 analysts will be right or wrong -[quoted image]

I mean....none of those are bad...apple would have to screw up pretty badly to go down very much. Their followers are as blindly dedicated as the tesla crowd.

#3408 4 years ago

[Deleted]

#3409 4 years ago

Thanks for moderation PS mods

While we understand the volatile share market is related to Covid 19, Please keep all the Covid 19 guff in its own thread, not here.

I am very interested to see how the next few weeks and months play out in the Share Market. I closely follow the Nasdaq and ASX as they appear to reflect each other. Im poised to strike in the next big dip. I think there will be a wild ride ahead still.

Thanks to the Pinside traders and all people here playing "the game" for shares related posts in this thread.

Have a safe and enjoyable Easter period everyone.

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

While we understand the volatile share market is related to Covid 19, Please keep all the disease guff in its own thread, not here.

Sorry RA77 and others. I use this information to trade with and thought others would appreciate the fundamental analysis that I have done. The information gets lost in that other thread. I gave up trying to read it.

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Sorry ra77 and others. I use this information to trade with and thought others would appreciate the fundamental analysis that I have done. The information gets lost in that other thread. I gave up trying to read it.

No problem, while some Covid 19 information in this thread is relevant to trade, I would not like to see this thread spiral out of control with excess Covid 19 data and any to and fro commenting about the virus.

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean....none of those are bad...apple would have to screw up pretty badly to go down very much. Their followers are as blindly dedicated as the tesla crowd.

Agreed, Apple is a terrific company, but can certainly take a beating over the short term like anyone else. Long term is my only concern and it appears most educated traders still see value there. However, it would appear the opportunity to create generational wealth in the market with modest equity has closed, but I kind of hope I’m wrong.

The best news we’ve had is our Battery City landlord agreed to waive our rent for 90 days and then reduce our payment by 50% for the remainder of the year in exchange for a 12 month extension. Worst case, this allows us to keep all of our employees for a full year at 80% salary. It’s a no brainer for the landlord, but may turn out to be a real life saver for a few of the folks we employ.

For those who celebrate, I hope you and your families enjoy the holidays.

#3413 4 years ago

Interesting thoughts on the current Dow daily & weekly charts.

The Daily chart created a very perfect 'Doji' candle. This candle represents a battle of the bulls and the bears, and has a very high probability (not 100% but I'd say 75-80%) a reversal is imminent. Notice on the daily chart I circled the last times a Doji candle was formed....

The Weekly chart is right at the 200d MA. As you see from the wick that spikes above the 200d, it did prove there is resistance there and a struggle to hold above.

While both these indicators do show me the rally is exhausted, I just wouldn't short just yet. The futures have been manipulated to gap the market up to squeeze shorts, and I'm not the only one to notice what's happening. If I was the Fed / big money funds, I'd want to substantially gap the market up come next week to carry it over this resistance. If that happens, then 23,700 would then act as new support.

I may be wrong and it keeps going higher but I hope it can come down and consolidate first. The higher this rally goes the more risk it has to the downside when the selling comes back.

Even if I'm wrong that's fine. I think of the stock market like a pineapple, cut off the top and the bottom and focus on the middle. I got in when I felt the bottom had formed, and now I'm getting out near where I feel the top is. Even if I am off a bit that's fine. I feel the main "fruit" has been earned and now I just wait it out. With earnings reports
and even worse economical numbers next week it should be interesting. I truly feel what happens next week is a make-it-or-break it scenario as far as the overall market strength goes.
Screenshot_20200410_201644 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200410_201644 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200410_201716 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200410_201716 (resized).jpg

#3414 4 years ago

kpg I appreciate your insight and help.

#3415 4 years ago

Riddle me this......Oil stocks are down when too much is being produced with low demand and then oil stocks are down after they come to an agreement to scale back production? By no means am I an investing guru, but can someone explain this?

#3416 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting thoughts on the current Dow daily & weekly charts.
The Daily chart created a very perfect 'Doji' candle. This candle represents a battle of the bulls and the bears, and has a very high probability (not 100% but I'd say 75-80%) a reversal is imminent. Notice on the daily chart I circled the last times a Doji candle was formed....
The Weekly chart is right at the 200d MA. As you see from the wick that spikes above the 200d, it did prove there is resistance there and a struggle to hold above.
While both these indicators do show me the rally is exhausted, I just wouldn't short just yet. The futures have been manipulated to gap the market up to squeeze shorts, and I'm not the only one to notice what's happening. If I was the Fed / big money funds, I'd want to substantially gap the market up come next week to carry it over this resistance. If that happens, then 23,700 would then act as new support.
I may be wrong and it keeps going higher but I hope it can come down and consolidate first. The higher this rally goes the more risk it has to the downside when the selling comes back.
Even if I'm wrong that's fine. I think of the stock market like a pineapple, cut off the top and the bottom and focus on the middle. I got in when I felt the bottom had formed, and now I'm getting out near where I feel the top is. Even if I am off a bit that's fine. I feel the main "fruit" has been earned and now I just wait it out. With earnings reports
and even worse economical numbers next week it should be interesting. I truly feel what happens next week is a make-it-or-break it scenario as far as the overall market strength goes.

I appreciate your posts here. I don't know how many financial podcasts and forums I looked at this past week, and all of them pretty much said the same thing...commercial real estate is in real trouble, the government by allowing some people to not pay their bills but still requiring some businesses to make theirs is setting up a financial mess, and none of them see any kind of quick recovery unless some sort of miracle treatment becomes available.

Also none of them know why the market is rebounding currently. Almost all of them are out of it, keeping cash reserves (most of their main investment income is not the stock market). They are however tied in with the economy.

I kind of expect the market to keep going up honestly. We keep having bad news and the market continually ignores it, so I honestly can't see anything that would change it near term until companies start reporting in a couple weeks.

#3417 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Riddle me this......Oil stocks are down when too much is being produced with low demand and then oil stocks are down after they come to an agreement to scale back production? By no means am I an investing guru, but can someone explain this?

Because even with the new production cutbacks, the news quotas are still pumping more than current demand. So we will still run out of storage, just the same.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Because even with the new production cutbacks, the news quotas are still pumping more than current demand. So we will still run out of storage, just the same.

Also, the US oil companies need oil to be around $50 a barrel to make money on their rigs because the processes to get/produce the oil are much more costly than the middle east. I am sure that many of the US rigs will be or already have been shutting down.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Oil companies are more than just pulling oil out of the ground. Many of them process the oil. With demand in the tank, they're certainly hurting.

#3420 4 years ago

Hi, would like you advise. i am 61 years old, don't have much in my 401k, i had about $108,000 but it's now down to $88,000. i am getting concerned and wondering if i should put everything in cash. here's my allocations
TBCIX 20%
MVCKX 15%
MASKX 10%
RERGX 10%
LHYVX 35%
CEKYX 10%
or should i just keep this allocation since i will not be retiring for about 6 years.

#3421 4 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Oil companies are more than just pulling oil out of the ground. Many of them process the oil. With demand in the tank, they're certainly hurting.

The refineries are getting hammered.

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from jmadonti:

Hi, would like you advise. i am 61 years old, don't have much in my 401k, i had about $108,000 but it's now down to $88,000. i am getting concerned and wondering if i should put everything in cash. here's my allocations
TBCIX 20%
MVCKX 15%
MASKX 10%
RERGX 10%
LHYVX 35%
CEKYX 10%
or should i just keep this allocation since i will not be retiring for about 6 years.

I would stay the course, things will bounce back and you don't want to be out of the market.

#3423 4 years ago

What do you guys think. Does oil finish higher or lower on Monday?

#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Guessing oil prices just seems to be a crapshoot that depends on the actions of the Russian, Saudi, and US governments along with a few other bit players. My percentages guess would be up just based on the low price right now which can only go but so much lower.

#3425 4 years ago

Not sure about oil, but I think reality sets in Monday on how devastating this shutdown is going to be for the economy.

Dow 20K +- 500 by Friday IMHO

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure about oil, but I think reality sets in Monday on how devastating this shutdown is going to be for the economy.
Dow 20K +- 500 by Friday IMHO

Or, the news is really bad and the unemployment numbers skyrocket and we hit Dow 30K +-500 by Friday.
At this point, who the fuck knows...

#3427 4 years ago

Planning on buying oil but have never bought before, anyone able to give me some quick tips on what/where to buy? I have a TD Ameritrade account set up that I use for stocks.

#3428 4 years ago

I can tell you all those unemployed people aren't putting money into the market.

I would guess that most of pinside is on the higher end of the payscales and many of those people are not working right now.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Planning on buying oil but have never bought before, anyone able to give me some quick tips on what/where to buy? I have a TD Ameritrade account set up that I use for stocks.

USO if you're just making a straight bet on oil.

#3430 4 years ago

I don’t know about Monday, but I’ve bought a lot of oil stocks over the last 3 weeks. There might not be a better buy right now.

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Or, the news is really bad and the unemployment numbers skyrocket and we hit Dow 30K +-500 by Friday.

Nobody knows.
If you’re not playing long, I’d sit out.

#3432 4 years ago

Was this already posted? It seems a cut in production has been agreed on. One would think the price per barrel should trend up some.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/energy/opec-deal-production-cut/index.html

#3433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I know, right? We've announced nothing but bad news for 2 weeks and the market has done nothing but go up. If it won't go down on continual really bad news (market up on 6.5 million unemployed?) then I don't know what's going to happen here.

On the oil, they announced cuts but not enough to prevent the looming storage problems coming up. I see oil going lower until that works its way through. I don't think there's going to be enough demand to prevent that issue unless the US producers also cut a bunch.

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

On the oil, they announced cuts but not enough to prevent the looming storage problems coming up. I see oil going lower until that works its way through. I don't think there's going to be enough demand to prevent that issue unless the US producers also cut a bunch.

Hope you’re right.

#3435 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hope you’re right.

I don't know what will happen really. It might go up short term on the news, and then fall as the glut becomes worse, or maybe more people will cut, who knows.

#3436 4 years ago

Speaking of oil, thoughts on oil tanker stocks? I’ve been doing some research and found four that I think will do well. Plan is to buy and hold for 1 year then sell. Anyone else looking into these?

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I would stay the course, things will bounce back and you don't want to be out of the market.

Dude is 4-6 years from retirement. Should probably go to cash/bonds anyways.

#3438 4 years ago

and here we goo....down...let's see if it bounces at the gap close...

#3439 4 years ago

Could be an interesting week.

https://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/us-china-and-the-week-ahead-202004121620

Chinese data will be a signal to what might be coming for rest of the world.

The second is China's Q1 GDP. The economy had expanded by 1.5% in Q4 quarter-over-quarter for a year-over-year rate of 6%. The median forecast in the Bloomberg surveys a quarterly decline of nearly 10% and a year-over-year contraction of 6%. First-mover may have some advantages for selling books on the internet, but not for emerging from the health crisis. If it is the factory of the world, its customers are in lockdown to various degrees. Moreover, on the other side, the supply chains by shortened and alternatives to China will likely accelerate. Japan earmarked funds to be used to help Japanese companies leave China. Europe recognizes the need to re-onshore the parts of the medical infrastructure that had been outsourced to China.

#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Problem with unemployment numbers are that a large percentage of them are temporary.
I know some small business owners that are collecting unemployment while they are closed

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can tell you all those unemployed people aren't putting money into the market.

Right, but most of them weren’t able to put money into the market when they WERE working.

#3442 4 years ago

I know it’s still early but volume seems crazy low today, no?

#3443 4 years ago

Apple
Shopify
Trade Desk

Nice Day on the long term journey!

#3444 4 years ago

Tesla up $80 per share.. what a joke! I wonder how much $$$ they will lose this year?

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Right, but most of them weren’t able to put money into the market when they WERE working.

So you think the only people laid off now are minimum wage workers?

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So you think the only people laid off now are minimum wage workers?

I think it’s mostly mid-to-low-wage workers who are getting hit right now. That’s just my hunch, no evidence to back it up.

#3447 4 years ago

Roku up big after hours on prelim numbers

TTD following

20 day and 50 day moving averages all that is relevant Right now

Market held support at 2730 closing at 2735, on the way to 2650 if that level doesn’t hold and then a possibility to fill the gap down to 2450

Great businesses with excellent balance sheets and little to no net debt win

Liquidity is awash all over the marketplace

If current levels hold shorts are gonna experience another round of short term pain!

#3448 4 years ago

Anyone here have a favorite penny stock they’re taking a gamble on? I’m mostly looking to jump into the market soon with some O&G penny stocks, but am interested in throwing money at other penny stocks for fun if there’s a Somewhat logical reason behind it.

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Roku up big after hours on prelim numbers
TTD following
20 day and 50 day moving averages all that is relevant Right now
Market held support at 2730 closing at 2735, on the way to 2650 if that level doesn’t hold and then a possibility to fill the gap down to 2450
Great businesses with excellent balance sheets and little to no net debt win
Liquidity is awash all over the marketplace
If current levels hold shorts are gonna experience another round of short term pain!

Lots of talk about lifting the stay at home bans. If that gets some lift, we could see an uptick.

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Lots of talk about lifting the stay at home bans. If that gets some lift, we could see an uptick.

CA, OR & WA planning to announce a joint plan to slowly reopen the west coast. Structure combined with anything related to opening CA will be favorable to the market. Poor earning's are already priced in, but what the market *should* do and *actually* does are anyone's guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,012 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/69?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.