IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 420.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Market seems to be hanging in there today. Better than I expected given the weekends news. Will be interesting to see how the rest of this week plays out and how long the stimulus impacts it.

Yeah, how the market is up today makes no sense to me???? I sold almost all my stocks in my self managed account this morning and went to cash. The economy has never been shut down like this before and it seems like there is no end in sight. We are simply in uncharted territory. Additionally, 2 Trillion is a drop in the bucked and cannot stop a free fall if the public starts to unload or if the market makers decide to short the market and drive it down like they did in 2008.

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I suck at this. How is EVERYTHING up right now? Thought we would see another plunge today.

Maybe we are back to the bad news is good news market.

#2953 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If the loser liberals don't harass me, I'll post.
They harass, I'm out of here.

All the noise should be in the other thread. Hope you stick around.

#2954 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

When I see people above saying 9-11k on the DOW, I see trolling. I don't want to see the pain that would cause millions of people. That's beyond stock market losses. That's real world poverty and job losses.

I don't see trolling at all. I see someone with a gameplan and a prediction.

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

One good thing about Trekkie1978, he makes bold buys/sells and posts it when he makes them.
One not so good thing about Trekkie1978, pretty much everything else...

Pics of the trade transcripts or it didn't happen.

hobbies-leisure-fish_story-fish-exaggerating-fishing-small_fish-pknn590_low (resized).jpghobbies-leisure-fish_story-fish-exaggerating-fishing-small_fish-pknn590_low (resized).jpg

#2956 4 years ago

Anyone think AAPL can close over $280 by Friday?

I don't.

Sold a ton of AAPL Weekly (April 3) Calls
Sold the $280s
Bought the $285's

Net Credit to me: $0.23
Goal is to expire worthless by Friday, or i'll close them them early if I can get 75% profit before.

#2957 4 years ago

I'm thinking this info belongs here on this thread.

Macy's will furlough the majority of its 125,000 employees

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/investing/macys-employees-furlough-coronavirus/index.html

Judging from the stock's action it looks like this news is already baked in.

Surely, Macy's will not be the last.

#2958 4 years ago

Oh yeah,

Forgot to mention, bought 10000 BA @ $97 the other day
Sold at $180 the other day for $830,000 profit

J/K

#2959 4 years ago

Everybody is scratching their head. How can this market be up in this environment? It is a bear market. They bounce, too.

#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/investing/macys-employees-furlough-coronavirus/index.html

This will cripple the already beaten down retail industry even further.

Any stock or company in a "pre-existing downtrend" prior to the Coronavirus is in big trouble. Creditors will be unwilling to extend credit lines and provide loans to keep them liquid. Macys, JC Penny, etc. may be headed down the Sears route sooner than expected after this- just a guess, but the risk is there.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Everybody is scratching their head. How can this market be up in this environment? It is a bear market. They bounce, too.

Expected, range bound. Today up, tomorrow down? It will be in a range for a bit, less volatile up and down movements within a tight range is expected for now, Dow 23-23.5K target resistance still not off the table. Then.. more downside.

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Oh yeah,
Forgot to mention, bought 10000 BA @ $97 the other day
Sold at $180 the other day for $830,000 profit
J/K

Why 10,000 shares? Why not 11,000? Or 9000?

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Two retail companies I'd be sad to see go, that I occasionally shop at because they have decent selection of merchandise, are Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. They both have been struggling since well before the virus. I hope they will find a way to survive this calamity.

#2964 4 years ago

Bought 5,000 of BA this morning at $154. Will sell at $120 later this week.

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why 10,000 shares? Why not 11,000? Or 9000?

Because man, I don't want to make THAT much money

#2966 4 years ago

I'm a small fish compared to some of you guys, but I sold 6 SPY $300 covered calls expiring in a month. I'm betting the S&P doesn't rally 400 points in a month from here. If it does, my shares get called away, otherwise I get a bit over $1k in premiums.

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Bought 5,000 of BA this morning at $154. Will sell at $120 later this week.

I've been that guy....

#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Two retail companies I'd be sad to see go, that I occasionally shop at because they have decent selection of merchandise, are Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. They both have been struggling since well before the virus. I hope they will find a way to survive this calamity.

BBBY is such a bummer. Great niche retail business, destroyed by Amazon.com and other larger retail e-commerce like Walmart.com

Unfortunately, BBBY is a bankruptcy story unfolding before us. Before COVID they were hurting. After COVID, they are likely done.

#2969 4 years ago

oil has dipped under $20 a barrel!

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm a small fish compared to some of you guys, but I sold 6 SPY $300 covered calls expiring in a month. I'm betting the S&P doesn't rally 400 points in a month from here. If it does, my shares get called away, otherwise I get a bit over $1k in premiums.

I like it. Good luck!

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Play on USO 15 mins I just got into

Sell July $5 Calls (200)
Buy Oct $5 Calls (200)

Net Debit: $0.26 ($5200)

Maximum profit on Call spread will be achieved by July if USO is near $5
Maximum loss would be if USO is under $3.00 thanks to the Puts as a small hedge

Not huge risky positions, but i'll add more in the next week. Just showing the initial setup.

EDIT: Removed the puts hedge I originally posted and closed puts out @ $0.83 for break even as I think oil prices will appreciate before July.

#2972 4 years ago

AMZN sold 1640/1660 put spread and 2200/2220 call spread (may 15 expiration) for 7 dollar credit.

#2973 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

At this rate we might see gas at around $1.25/gallon soon.

https://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Gasoline_vs_Oil_Price_Chart.asp

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

STKS was such a win... Got in average around $.80 or so, sold half @ $1.49, and the rest at $1.99 yesterday!!! Glad you followed.
ARCO I should have sold some on that big pop the other day, but really, it's an amazing long term hold.
They are the largest McDonalds franchisee in the world... And their McDonalds are in Latin America and the Caribbean. Really, the only places the Coronavirus hasn't shut anything down yet their stock took a beating. $750m or so marketcap now... But $4B+ in revenue a year. When all this passes, this thing should rip.
At some point I may start a new service, but it would have to be a completely different format because it was so stressful to run it on a daily basis and it affected my own personal trading to be honest, so it's unlikely.

Well... STKS is down 40% today... Down under $1 a share again. Didn't bite last time. Don't think I'm touching it this time.

#2975 4 years ago

STKS down to $1

Nibbled on some at a buck for long term Will add on any more drops. Glad I sold when I did... traders game!

#2976 4 years ago

Apparently it's 99 cents already at a few stations around the country. I filled up Saturday for 1.69 here.

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

AMZN sold 1640/1660 put spread and 2200/2220 call spread (may 15 expiration) for 7 dollar credit.

Ran a risk analysis on this

EXCELLENT play... 74% win rate... assuming AMZN is at $1900 by expiration, it has a 100% profit potential. I like it esp since I believe the market will be range bound.

But how did you get a fill on this without buying anything with the credit from selling the put spread? Did you buy the Call spread, or sell it?

#2978 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Apparently it's 99 cents already at a few stations around the country. I filled up Saturday for 1.69 here.

I believe the last time I paid less than a dollar was 1998.

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That sounds right. I was in college then and remember it getting to about 80 cents here. It was really close to $1 in 2002, but I don't remember if it went below.

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I paid 98 cents last spring!!!

#2981 4 years ago

Anyone playing J&J with the fed deal?

#2982 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Maybe we are back to the bad news is good news market.

This what I read as to why The market is up today.

Trump approved using the malaria drug starting. Home sales grew in February, 9% yoy and beat estimates and virtual tours massively up.

Also read that Many took the extension as short term impact and not long term with all the stimulus measures in place

#2983 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

STKS down to $1
Nibbled on some at a buck for long term Will add on any more drops. Glad I sold when I did... traders game!

And if you sell it now you can make 20% as it's back up to 1.20 in the past... hour.

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And if you sell it now you can make 20% as it's back up to 1.20 in the past... hour.

Nah - I am not in enough to sell for that small amount. I'll hold as long as it takes for $2 again.

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ran a risk analysis on this
EXCELLENT play... 74% win rate... assuming AMZN is at $1900 by expiration, it has a 100% profit potential. I like it esp since I believe the market will be range bound.
But how did you get a fill on this without buying anything with the credit from selling the put spread? Did you buy the Call spread, or sell it?

Sorry I didn’t explain well

Sold 1660 put
Bought 1640 put
Sold 2200 call
Bought 2220 call

Did it all as one trade through tastyworks

So I make 7 bucks (x100) if stock stays between 1660 and 2220. I’ll probably close if i get to 50% max profit.

#2986 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Sold 1660 put
Bought 1640 put
Sold 2200 call
Bought 2220 call
So I make 7 bucks (x100) if stock stays between 1660 and 2220. I’ll probably close if i get to 50% max profit.

Max loss 1300 with max profit 700

#2987 4 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Sold 1660 put
Bought 1640 put
Sold 2200 call
Bought 2220 call

Ahh ok! I got it. Nice man, good luck, excellent probability of this winning.

#2988 4 years ago

These short-term high-stakes trades are fun to read about, but they make me kind of sad. I need to stay focused on my strategy of long-term index-fund investing I think. I suck so bad at picking stocks (looking at you DAL).

#2989 4 years ago

Gas price in NW Indiana is .99 a gallon today

#2990 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

This what I read as to why The market is up today.
Trump approved using the malaria drug starting. Home sales grew in February, 9% yoy and beat estimates and virtual tours massively up.
Also read that Many took the extension as short term impact and not long term with all the stimulus measures in place

the market is up because that’s how bear markets work. They have quick periods of huge losses. Then they bounce around for a long time until real economic activity takes hold and people actually believe the hype. This period right now is purely trading and technicals. It will be for a long time.

#2991 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

These short-term high-stakes trades are fun to read about, but they make me kind of sad. I need to get stay focused on my strategy of long-term index-fund investing I think. I suck so bad at picking stocks (looking at you DAL).

Ask yourself this.. if you have a long term strategy, do you think the restaurant sector will recover? Namely, the ones that were strong financially and fundamentally pre-virus?

If so, and you think restaurants will survive, take that money out of those index options and find your favorite restaurant industry stocks and buy on large pullbacks. IMO, they will outperform any index fund by 300-400% in the next 12-24 months.

#2992 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ask yourself this.. if you have a long term strategy, do you think the restaurant sector will recover? Namely, the ones that were strong financially and fundamentally pre-virus?
If so, and you think restaurants will survive, take that money out of those index options and find your favorite restaurant industry stocks and buy on large pullbacks. IMO, they will outperform any index fund by 300-400% in the next 12-24 months.

What are your favorite restaurant stocks?

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What are your favorite restaurant stocks?

RRGB
DRI
BLMN
CBRL
STKS
DENN
PFGC
PLAY
RUTH
DNKN
JACK
EAT

Honorable mentions, for long term value investors as they are still in the Hospitality industry and affected:

CNK
CCL
RCL
VAC
HGV
MAR
WYNN
LVS
MGM

Note I am not saying start buying everything and get all in tomorrow, do your own due diligence, consult a financial advisor, etc. and determine how you should allocate your funds and to each one.

But IMO these will all bounce back when this shit is over... maybe not instantly... but over time they should.

#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

RRGB
DRI
BLMN
CBRL
STKS
DENN
PFGC
PLAY
RUTH
DNKN
JACK
EAT
Honorable mentions, for long term value investors as they are still in the Hospitality industry and affected:
CNK
CCL
RCL
VAC
HGV
MAR
WYNN
LVS
MGM
Note I am not saying start buying everything and get all in tomorrow, do your own due diligence, consult a financial advisor, etc. and determine how you should allocate your funds and to each one.
But IMO these will all bounce back when this shit is over... maybe not instantly... but over time they should.

Thanks! For now I’m just going to add them to my watch list.

#2995 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

BBBY is such a bummer. Great niche retail business, destroyed by Amazon.com and other larger retail e-commerce like Walmart.com
Unfortunately, BBBY is a bankruptcy story unfolding before us. Before COVID they were hurting. After COVID, they are likely done.

Maybe a terminal short play. I have never done one of those, but the way I read it is if you are short in a company that goes really bust, then you never have to buy the short back. There is nothing to buy. But you are still short, and since you did not close the transaction the trade is still open, will always remain open and you do not have to pay any taxes.

That's what I heard. Can't verify it.

#2996 4 years ago

Here is a divergence comparison.

Dow is on the the left. The Russell 2000 small cap stock index is on the right. The RUT is no where close to bouncing back as much as the Dow has. Also, look at the top formation that was being set up on the RUT. Of course, if the virus had not made itself known, the RUT could have gone up to match the Dow and divergence would have resolved in the up direction.

There is a saying that the soldiers (small caps ) fall first and are then followed by the Generals (large caps). I am looking for a place to go short in here. Maybe this week Maybe next. Might even wait until the middle of April and have another look. Not to sure, yet.

One of several reasons for my hesitation. I'm retired and loving my pins. If I start this stuff again I will be watching every tic and won't get anything done.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 6.18.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 6.18.45 PM (resized).png

#2997 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

the market is up because that’s how bear markets work. They have quick periods of huge losses. Then they bounce around for a long time until real economic activity takes hold and people actually believe the hype. This period right now is purely trading and technicals. It will be for a long time.

Well, this is the part I'm having trouble with here. So we had a big correction...but we didn't even get back to historical PE average. So it doesn't even really feel like we actually corrected. And that's relative to TTM earnings, so that's all out the window too, we won't even be close to those.

Like I want to put some money back in, but other than things like Coke, Pepsi, Verizon, etc (dividend stocks that should weather any storm) it feels like everything else is still kind of high. Are people really buying a lot of iphones or cars right now? Seems like there's going to be 10 to 20% unemployment for a decent period of time here (at least 3 months) and mlb, nfl, nba, etc may be off the table for an extended period.

#2998 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I applied that same logic, and picked up 150 DIS and 300 DAL. I was too early, but I’m not out that much. I plan to hang on to these and ride it out on a 10-year timeline. What worries me is the possibility that Delta goes bankrupt - but at least Warren Buffet and I will be in the same boat.

#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What worries me is the possibility that Delta goes bankrupt - but at least Warren Buffet and I will be in the same boat.

Me and Uncle Warren are riding together with some Kraft Heinz. It's been a bumpy ride.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Great buy now. If you can hold until fall and they predict a cold winter you'll be rich!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 20,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/60?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.