IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 420.
#2901 4 years ago

Chevrolet said it best: “Like a Rock”

#2902 4 years ago

Futures are barely down, just over a percent. They opened down almost 3% and have slowly climbed since.

#2903 4 years ago

Anyone own amazon?
Everything on the website says 25-30 days delivery in Canada .
I have looked at buying things twice and both time passed because of April delivery dates.

This will hurt Sales and profits.
Check out the website and tell me if you think this will affect the stock ?

#2904 4 years ago

If Im not mistakren Amazon makes more off of cloud computing than web sales. It should be under a huge demand right now and its competitors cant expand right now

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If Im not mistakren Amazon makes more off of cloud computing than web sales. It should be under a huge demand right now and its competitors cant expand right now

Amazon Web Services. It is huge.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Anyone own amazon?
I have looked at buying things twice and both time passed because of April delivery dates.

I wanted to get amazon groceries to avoid stores and yeah 25 days for delivery.

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Trump moving the goalposts to April 30, how will wall street respond?

I think this will be bad for stocks, but I am super grateful he got on board and put April 30th out there. A bit of that will already be priced in because that kind of isolation was already being pushed in most other countries.

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Anyone own amazon?

Amazon is using their distribution chain to prioritize delivery of essentials over non-essentials, so all non-essentials have been pushed back a month. I can't get toner for my laser printer to use for work, so I assume their focus is on health related items. While it means they will be losing out on a lot of sales, it also means they are so busy they can't keep up with overall demand. However, fulfilling demand means getting people to go to work, not easy to do at this time, so it's going to be interesting couple of months for them in their sales channel. Keep in mind the ongoing residuals as people get more used to ordering things
online.

In the mean time demand for their AWS business is spiking. Inability to meet demand is not a bad problem for a company to have.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think this will be bad for stocks, but I am super grateful he got on board and put April 30th out there. A bit of that will already be priced in because that kind of isolation was already being pushed in most other countries.

I'm not sure what good the April 30th date does when everyone already knows it's going to drag into June at a minimum (barring some sort of treatment or cure miracle). I feel like they're delaying the complete shutdown hoping for a treatment option.

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm not sure what good the April 30th date does when everyone already knows it's going to drag into June at a minimum (barring some sort of treatment or cure miracle). I feel like they're delaying the complete shutdown hoping for a treatment option.

Extending it to the end of April is a lot easier for people psychologically than saying the end of June. This way they can keep on extending it a little when each date nears and it helps subdue some of the panic and stark reality of what we have in store for our year. This is shaping up to be an iron man triathlon rather than a 5k or even a marathon.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It gives people hope. You can't just tell people we're going to be doing this shit for 6 months or a year. It would be chaos. Until there is a vaccine, forget normal. That's the truth.

It kinda sucks because I'm prepared for a lockdown, but we're not really locked down. Do I start eating my supplies or do I wait and order take out as much as I can? It's hard to replenish supplies now because everybody is out of the shit everyone wants. We all need to get on the same page.

#2912 4 years ago

I guess it depends on where you live but food items at the grocery store have been reasonably plentiful in my area this week. Still no tp at the stores though.

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It gives people hope. You can't just tell people we're going to be doing this shit for 6 months or a year. It would be chaos. Until there is a vaccine, forget normal. That's the truth.
It kinda sucks because I'm prepared for a lockdown, but we're not really locked down. Do I start eating my supplies or do I wait and order take out as much as I can? It's hard to replenish supplies now because everybody is out of the shit everyone wants. We all need to get on the same page.

See, this is the part of the problem. We're going to 30 more days...of nothing? People know we either need to shutdown or have a treatment option, this middle of the road thing means that it's just going to drag on indefinitely if we do neither. Like if you said we're going to lockdown for 6 to 10 weeks, businesses would have a timeline to work with. Right now, they pretty much know that every day we stall it's going to stay the same probably.

#2914 4 years ago

Uncertain times we are in here guys.

Volatility is here to stay, with more pressure to the downside but likely very choppy swings. A traders dream. An investors nightmare.

#2915 4 years ago

Need to revise my bottom spread to 9-11K. Yeah, I'm serious. The Trump gains are smoked now we liquidate the Obama rally.

#2916 4 years ago

while the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreak served as a diversion, wall street derived a lot of benefits this past month from government policy decisions. the actions taken appeared to address certain aspects of the financial system that may have been in disarray. the result: with 0 interest rates, unlimited liquidity, virus stimulus, and stocks on sale, wall street appears positioned for a possible run courtesy of uncle sam. despite the bleak global/national economic outlook, watch wall street discount it.

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Need to revise my bottom spread to 9-11K. Yeah, I'm serious. The Trump gains are smoked now we liquidate the Obama rally.

...not sure why this was moderated. He's talking about 2 very accepted terms for the growth spurts and not blaming anyone.

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...not sure why this was moderated. He's talking about 2 very accepted terms for the growth spurts and not blaming anyone.

He probably mentioned an unmentionable word.

#2919 4 years ago

Looks like it's opening up about 1% today. Maybe all the doomsayers predicting limit down and 50% more losses are wrong.

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm not sure what good the April 30th date does

It gets citizens away from thinking about the the nonsensical "Easter" dates he was floating earlier.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Looks like it's opening up about 1% today. Maybe all the doomsayers predicting limit down and 50% more losses are wrong.

You seem to be always ready to second guess people's opinions. What do you think is going to happen?

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You seem to be always ready to second guess people's opinions. What do you think is going to happen?

I'm not foolish enough to predict the market on a day to day basis. That's just flipping a coin. It will likely be higher in a year than it is today. It will definitely be higher in 5 years than it is today, and higher still again in 10 years, etc. It has to be. 401Ks depend on it. IRAs depend on it. Pensions depend on it. Entire states and countries budgets depend on it. To prevent anarchy and societal breakdown, the market must rise over time, and governments will print unlimited money to make that happen.

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm not foolish enough to predict the market on a day to day basis. That's just flipping a coin. It will likely be higher in a year than it is today. It will definitely be higher in 5 years than it is today, and higher still again in 10 years, etc. It has to be. 401Ks depend on it. IRAs depend on it. Pensions depend on it. Entire states and countries budgets depend on it. To prevent anarchy and societal breakdown, the market must rise over time, and governments will print unlimited money to make that happen.

I think 'has to be' because of 401k's isn't the proper way to look at it...if they print unlimited money, it makes the whole point of saving any money or even using money pointless.

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think 'has to be' because of 401k's isn't the proper way to look at it...if they print unlimited money, it makes the whole point of saving any money or even using money pointless.

I wish it was that way and that savers could win. With inflation, they force you to participate in the markets or get left behind watching your buying power evaporate. I guess you can buy hard goods like pinball machines that will appreciate, but keeping your money in cash just won't work.

#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I'm not foolish enough to predict the market on a day to day basis. That's just flipping a coin.

This thread has always been a safe place for people to be able to predict short term action in the market without being called out. In fact, most people who call out bad predictions have a prediction that was proved correct. With the current pandemic, the need for fast information about what is going to happen is more important than ever.

A long term view of this is safe and probably correct. There are also people in this thread who are making a lot of money by predicting correctly the market shifts and the companies/investments who can prosper during these dark days. In my estimation there is room for everybody provided we all respect and allow for an open discussion.

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

This thread has always been a safe place for people to be able to predict short term action in the market without being called out. In fact, most people who call out bad predictions have a prediction that was proved correct. With the current pandemic, the need for fast information about what is going to happen is more important than ever.
A long term view of this is safe and probably correct. There are also people in this thread who are making a lot of money by predicting correctly the market shifts and the companies/investments who can prosper during these dark days. In my estimation there is room for everybody provided we all respect and allow for an open discussion.

I agree with you. I think short term predictions on individual stocks, or even sectors is fine. I'm just seeing too many people on various sites rooting for the whole market to go to zero or for capitalism itself to be replaced. For myself, I welcome the chance to buy more at lower levels, but I'm compassionate and I'm thinking about the folks nearing retirement or recently retired who are watching their dreams be shattered.

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I agree with you. I think short term predictions on individual stocks, or even sectors is fine. I'm just seeing too many people on various sites rooting for the whole market to go to zero or for capitalism itself to be replaced. For myself, I welcome the chance to buy more at lower levels, but I'm compassionate and I'm thinking about the folks nearing retirement or recently retired who are watching their dreams be shattered.

Are you saying that pessimism is the same thing as "rooting for"? I would call it being realistic and pragmatic.
If I say I am planning on buying at some lower market level then that is not "rooting for" it to go down, but instead is merely putting a value on when it is worth buying in to me.

#2928 4 years ago

I swore off the thread, but I made a trade too good not to brag about.

Bought 5,000 shares of Boeing @ $92.

Sold a couple days later @ $180.

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I like your information. It would be a shame if you stopped posting here.

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I like your information. It would be a shame if you stopped posting here.

If the loser liberals don't harass me, I'll post.

They harass, I'm out of here.

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If the loser liberals don't harass me, I'll post.
They harass, I'm out of here.

If that's your attitude, don't let the door hit you. No excuse for that shit.

#2933 4 years ago

I'm not liberal one, and two, you made it political and insulted people. Yea, you're awesome. But good job making it political while trying to say you aren't making it political.

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I love your posts in this thread Trekkie! Don’t you ever leave this thread again!

#2935 4 years ago

One good thing about Trekkie1978, he makes bold buys/sells and posts it when he makes them.

One not so good thing about Trekkie1978, pretty much everything else...

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you saying that pessimism is the same thing as "rooting for"? I would call it being realistic and pragmatic.
If I say I am planning on buying at some lower market level then that is not "rooting for" it to go down, but instead is merely putting a value on when it is worth buying in to me.

When I see people above saying 9-11k on the DOW, I see trolling. I don't want to see the pain that would cause millions of people. That's beyond stock market losses. That's real world poverty and job losses.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

When I see people above saying 9-11k on the DOW, I see trolling. I don't want to see the pain that would cause millions of people. That's beyond stock market losses. That's real world poverty and job losses.

If the market was the decline that drastically, it would mean we are headed for a depression.

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If the market was the decline that drastically, it would mean we are headed for a depression.

Exactly. None of us want that.

#2939 4 years ago

So what does the stock market look like when 250,000, 500,000 or 1Mil people in the US have covid 19?

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I am sorry, but honest predictions/feelings are not trolling. I have predicted a bottom between 17k and 11k in this thread and I think that is very realistic. I do not believe in sugarcoating and leaving people in shock because they did not see it coming. It is important to hear everyone's real views on where we are heading. If we only say positive things then there will be a lot of shock down the road.

#2941 4 years ago

Market seems to be hanging in there today. Better than I expected given the weekends news. Will be interesting to see how the rest of this week plays out and how long the stimulus impacts it.

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am sorry, but honest predictions/feelings are not trolling. I have predicted a bottom between 17k and 11k in this thread and I think that is very realistic. I do not believe in sugarcoating and leaving people in shock because they did not see it coming. It is important to hear everyone's real views on where we are heading. If we only say positive things then there will be a lot of shock down the road.

I agree. This thread should include anyone's reasoned thoughts about where the market or specific stocks are going and why. Those thoughts can then be discussed in a reasonable manner. Let's stop being so thin skinned when someone writes something that we don't like. Who knows - they may be right!

#2943 4 years ago

I suck at this. How is EVERYTHING up right now? Thought we would see another plunge today.

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I suck at this. How is EVERYTHING up right now? Thought we would see another plunge today.

If it makes you feel any better my Red Robbin stocks are down another 12% today.

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

At least I'm not alone...this is the biggest thing I've never been able to wrap my head around. When I have the time to look at actual short term technicals I do okay, but making long term predictions (or in this case short term market predictions) is beyond me. There is no way I'd hold any short term plays over the weekend at this point.

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Don't fight the Fed? Who knows, the day is young, it might end down.

There's massive fund rebalancing going on until the end of the month. Funds are selling bonds and buying stocks to keep their allocation where they want it.

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I agree, assume it's a reaction to massive stimulus
give it a few days - I would not be buying today
difficult to see how anything good comes out of long term economic shutdown - even with the fed

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If it makes you feel any better my Red Robbin stocks are down another 12% today.

Damn you, Now I want a burger!!

#2949 4 years ago

Following!

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

nice trade. For a $440,000.00 profit.

Maybe we can see you splurge a little and get a pinside red heart by your name. Spread the cheer a little bit, you know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.