3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,247 posts
  • 283 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by taylor34
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CHINA TENSIONS ESCALATE.pdf (PDF preview)
    F0402814-DC66-49DB-A0DE-A12BE18FAE3A (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.34.12 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 8.33.55 AM (resized).png
    asx (resized).JPG
    290EE433-EBD0-4901-BC10-A9C9777FAFC4 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.55.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.54.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.50.53 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 8.45.23 PM (resized).png
    dow (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 1.21.09 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 1.20.29 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 9.50.18 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 9.45.58 AM (resized).png
    APT (resized).JPG

There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 85.
    #2351 71 days ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

for service industry no change from today.

Our industry might be a in a gray area at the moment. How necessary is the auto repair and service industry if hardly anybody is driving their cars?

#2352 71 days ago

Edit- wrong thread

#2353 71 days ago

Illinois has been sheltering for 3 or so days now. No dining in, takeaway only, no bars, etc. it’s not too bad. There is talk about closing the boarder once the IL national guard gets situated. That will suck if it happens and you’re out of the state. You may not get back in.

#2354 71 days ago

California locked down for 16 deaths?

There were probably more people that died this week on the toilet

What a scam

#2355 71 days ago

In some parts of the state, the number of cases is doubling in just a few days. They are not equipped to handle as many people that might end up with it within a couple weeks. If they do nothing and there are not enough beds or respirators, then somebody's going to lose their job.

They are just trying to slow it down so the cases do not happen all at once like has happened in other countries. And soon this will be nationwide protocol, and it almost already is.

#2356 71 days ago

Dow +721 in premarket. Gonna be a rocky day...

#2357 70 days ago

It's quad witching day. Hold on to your hats. These are typically the days each year with the most trading volume.

"Quadruple witching refers to a date on which stock index futures, stock index options, stock options, and single stock futures expire simultaneously. While stock options contracts and index options expire on the third Friday of every month, all four asset classes expire simultaneously on the third Friday of March, June, September, and December."

With this out of the way, markets should be much less volatile starting Monday. The outstanding options are playing a big part in the huge swings up and down each day.

#2358 70 days ago

Futures are still up but are dropping. I think you will have a bunch of trading today but probably a sell off into the close as people are probably not going to want to be long into the weekend. A lot can change between close and Monday AM. Good luck to all that play today.

#2359 70 days ago

Playing with fire again I am !

#2360 70 days ago

If anybody is watching CNBC Dan Niles is crushing it right now. He is saying that you could see some 5-10% relief rallies but that they would be short lived. Thinks we are nowhere near a bottom. He said that if you are down 10%, you only need to get 11% up to get even, but if you are down 30%, you have to get back up 43% to get even, and if you are down 50%, you have to have a 100% rally to get even.

#2361 70 days ago

Wow those hotel stocks...

#2362 70 days ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Wow those hotel stocks...

Well ya dude. My whole industry is based around live events at hotel properties. We literally bring in 1,000's of people to multiple hotels that then all have meetings within those hotels and then all get together in an arena at the beginning and end. Think about all the food and beverage lost, all that transportation.

#2363 70 days ago

My local SPECs was covered up yesterday, like it was the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas, how are liquor stocks?

#2364 70 days ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Well ya dude. My whole industry is based around live events at hotel properties. We literally bring in 1,000's of people to multiple hotels that then all have meetings within those hotels and then all get together in an arena at the beginning and end. Think about all the food and beverage lost, all that transportation.

I'm referring to them being up 20-30% today...MGM up 40% now...

#2365 70 days ago

Sold: SDY
    Bought: AMZN

#2366 70 days ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I'm referring to them being up 20-30% today...MGM up 40% now...

Im not sure how....although Im sure a lot of public servants have those stocks...lots of white collar crime going on right now we wont know about for a while.

#2367 70 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Futures are still up but are dropping. I think you will have a bunch of trading today but probably a sell off into the close as people are probably not going to want to be long into the weekend. A lot can change between close and Monday AM. Good luck to all that play today.

The morning rally has faded. But it is early enough in the day to recover.

#2368 70 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The morning rally has faded. But it is early enough in the day to recover.

Ordinarily, I would say that I would be surprised to see a recovery this afternoon. However, who the hell knows anymore?

#2369 70 days ago

Is anyone attempting to make jumps in and out, or just sitting on the side? I'm watching it, but no time to really hunt for anything

#2370 70 days ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Is anyone attempting to make jumps in and out, or just sitting on the side? I'm watching it, but no time to really hunt for anything

I have a short position on. It has been on way to long and for quite some time I have been married to the position. It has started showing sings of life. I think I will be able to get more out of it as time passes; I'll never get all of my money back, but it looks a lot better now that what it has been.

I probably should not talk about it but it puts me in the position of wanting the world to crater.

But I am not looking for anything new, yet. I have been away too long to start jumping in an taking risks and chances. Once things settle down I am going to look into doing some 3-day-trade type stuff. I wish I had vision for long term stuff, but after get caught and wiped out in an earnings warning I am short term in nature. I just do not trust companies to speak the truth.

#2371 70 days ago

Hi Guys and Gals, I am not a market guy but see an opportunity to replace some low interest CD income but don't know enough to not get myself in trouble so I thought I would check in with my fellow Pinsiders. Even though I don't know you folks personally I trust your expertise and experience more than I would a lot of those commissioned brokers out there. I have lurked here for close to a decade so I feel I know you from a distance.

Here is my question, I have about $500k available, I'm looking for a get it and forget it scenario.

I am thinking something like aristocrat's (just learned that term) or an index fund or both. Something that will generate a reasonable return (not rolling over anymore CD's) a blend of holdings that are safe to not likely go bankrupt or have serious dividend cuts or elimination. I know this is an overly broad request but wanted to get a few ideas from my fellow pinball buddies.

For the really tough (impossible) question any thought on when to jump in? Jump in with both feet or come in over time.

Thanks Pinside

#2372 70 days ago

Many of the Vanguards are decent. I am partial to VIG and VYM. If I had it to do all over again, I would have dumped most of my money on other stocks on those instead....Wait I do have it to do all over again, and that is my plan I would suggest researching the list of Vanguards as a starting point. They give you a nice dissection of the market.

As for timing...I don't think anyone knows at this point. I would say, don't throw it all in at once, in case you are wrong. Do it over a period of time - on a schedule, not really looking at the market prices after you start.

#2373 70 days ago
    #2374 70 days ago

My understanding is what he did wasn't illegal though. Now, if we take into account whether or not there was willful misinformation being fed to the public around what was known at the time maybe, but I'm not sure anyone can prove it...

Remember the whole Equifax stock sales fiasco?

#2375 70 days ago

Resign a rich ass fucker...should have to pay it all back.

#2376 70 days ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Hi Guys and Gals, I am not a market guy but see an opportunity to replace some low interest CD income but don't know enough to not get myself in trouble so I thought I would check in with my fellow Pinsiders. Even though I don't know you folks personally I trust your expertise and experience more than I would a lot of those commissioned brokers out there. I have lurked here for close to a decade so I feel I know you from a distance.
    Here is my question, I have about $500k available, I'm looking for a get it and forget it scenario.
    I am thinking something like aristocrat's (just learned that term) or an index fund or both. Something that will generate a reasonable return (not rolling over anymore CD's) a blend of holdings that are safe to not likely go bankrupt or have serious dividend cuts or elimination. I know this is an overly broad request but wanted to get a few ideas from my fellow pinball buddies.
    For the really tough (impossible) question any thought on when to jump in? Jump in with both feet or come in over time.
    Thanks Pinside

Honest opinion: For 500K I would recommend that you find a broker or a fiduciary (they are not the same) to help you with that sum of money. Based upon the market conditions you could absolutely get toasted right now. I agree with Zablon's points but I don't think we are near the bottom at this time. It is hard to time the market, and double so for somebody who is not a market guy. I personally have my money on the side and have a plan that I have drawn up for insertion points and commodities with my guy. We are not at that point yet (looking at S&P 2350) as a starting point to nibble.

#2377 70 days ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

My understanding is what he did wasn't illegal though. Now, if we take into account whether or not there was willful misinformation being fed to the public around what was known at the time maybe, but I'm not sure anyone can prove it...
    Remember the whole Equifax stock sales fiasco?

Technically not illegal but it is bullshit. All of the senators involved from both sides should go!

#2378 70 days ago

Pretty unethical thats for sure. How is it they have access to insider trading in the first place?

On the other hand, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this was going to happen.

#2379 70 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Technically not illegal but it is bullshit. All of the senators involved from both sides should go!

If it was illegal, they should be prosecuted.

#2380 70 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pretty unethical thats for sure. How is it they have access to insider trading in the first place?
    On the other hand, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this was going to happen.

What's the solution though? Don't U.S. Senators and House members get a defined-benefit pension? Perhaps they should be barred from purchasing securities. Otherwise, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Wouldn't anyone who is made privy to information that could sink stocks sell what they have? What's the alternative? Be forced to hang onto it for lack of insider information accusations?

#2381 70 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

What's the solution though? Don't U.S. Senators and House members get a defined-benefit pension? Perhaps they should be barred from purchasing securities. Otherwise, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Wouldn't anyone who is made privy to information that could sink stocks sell what they have? What's the alternative? Be forced to hang onto it for lack of insider information accusations?

Well, I can speak to this. When I have access to information that possibly tells me what the markets are likely to do, I'm not allowed to buy/sell stocks without some oversight if at all. So...I mean..what's good for the peasants and all... They aren't likely to vote against their best interests though.

#2382 70 days ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Many of the Vanguards are decent. I am partial to VIG and VYM. If I had it to do all over again, I would have dumped most of my money on other stocks on those instead....Wait I do have it to do all over again, and that is my plan I would suggest researching the list of Vanguards as a starting point. They give you a nice dissection of the market.
    As for timing...I don't think anyone knows at this point. I would say, don't throw it all in at once, in case you are wrong. Do it over a period of time - on a schedule, not really looking at the market prices after you start.

Quoted from DBLM:

Honest opinion: For 500K I would recommend that you find a broker or a fiduciary (they are not the same) to help you with that sum of money. Based upon the market conditions you could absolutely get toasted right now. I agree with Zablon's points but I don't think we are near the bottom at this time. It is hard to time the market, and double so for somebody who is not a market guy. I personally have my money on the side and have a plan that I have drawn up for insertion points and commodities with my guy. We are not at that point yet (looking at S&P 2350) as a starting point to nibble.

Quoted from pindome:

Thanks Pinside

What these two guys said.

Cash laying around for 3-4 months is not going to hurt you in any way.

Take your time. Unless you are terminal, you will have plenty of time to make a move.

#2383 70 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Yep, the day ended on script. Dow down 917, which is big. Factor in the premarket up 700 and change and it is even bigger. I agree with Dan Niles that you are going to have some relief rallies and even periods of time during the day that you can get in and out. However, if that is not your game, I recommend sitting on the side. There is no confidence in this market and if you aren't looking at the ticker constantly, you can get your nuts in a vice. Sure, you are buying down from highs and recent highs, but how much lower is this going to go? It would suck to buy a stock already down and have it go down another 20% before it stabilized. That would be a pretty big move down and up just to get even, and you have dead money in the market. Patience is your friend.

Lets see what horrible thing happens over the weekend to weaken the market more.

#2384 70 days ago

Which would you guys recommend for an individual brokerage account fidelity or vanguard? Or is there a better option out there?

Looking to buy some on my own outside of my account with my broker. Mostly single stocks and maybe some indexes and mutual funds.. dont know enough about puts or any of that yet.

#2385 70 days ago

Maybe e-trade or something like that?

#2386 70 days ago

Who's looking forward to Monday? Another weekend of good news should sure things up.

#2387 70 days ago

It’s a great feeling having a the money I dumped several weeks ago dumped into cash and other non non stock market accounts. So not even going to pay attention to Monday, cuz after all the partying this weekend, I’m going to need some rest

#2388 70 days ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s a great feeling having a the money I dumped several weeks ago dumped into cash and other non non stock market accounts. So not even going to pay attention to Monday, cuz after all the partying this weekend, I’m going to need some rest

Party for one? Enjoy the lockdown.

#2389 70 days ago
    Quoted from BradKreisler:

Not a party of one. He's been trolling the Corona Virus thread for a while calling everyone idiots for being concerned. Now he is trolling here saying he got out at the right time and doesn't care about the market. He's pretty vile.

#2390 70 days ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Which would you guys recommend for an individual brokerage account fidelity or vanguard? Or is there a better option out there?
    Looking to buy some on my own outside of my account with my broker. Mostly single stocks and maybe some indexes and mutual funds.. dont know enough about puts or any of that yet.

Depends what you're buying. Vanguard is great for low cost ETFs, mutual funds, free stock trades, etc. If you plan to trade in the premarket or aftermarket, or want to daytrade, you'll want something built for that.

#2391 70 days ago
    Quoted from BradKreisler:

I was actually out all day today. My brother got a new pin, I got a new one coming next week. Hopefully gonna scoop some more up when people gotta sell them next week

#2392 70 days ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

I decided on TD Ameritrade and don't regret it. I daytrade and mostly use the mobile app while I'm doing other things.

Keep in mind for daytrading you need to keep at least $25k in the brokerage account per SEC rules.

#2393 70 days ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I was actually out all day today. My brother got a new pin, I got a new one coming next week. Hopefully gonna scoop some more up when people gotta sell them next week

I wish you luck upgrading your lineup in the future, it really needs it. Everything you have is old and boring much like your postings. Party on Wolfie

#2394 70 days ago
    Quoted from vex:

I wish you luck upgrading your lineup in the future, it really needs it. Everything you have is old and boring much like your postings. Party on Wolfie

And my IJ or TOTAN would buy 2x of anything in your lineup.

So when I decide to get a NIB (which won’t be a Stern), I’ll be getting 2x.

I actually got a really old 79 Gottlieb Genie, so I’m actually getting older machines cuz everything new sucks. But if JJP releases a GNR with above POTC depth and detail, then maybe that will be worth NIB

#2395 70 days ago

Just ribbing you Wolfie. Looking forward to seeing the new GNR as well.

#2396 70 days ago
    Quoted from vex:

Just ribbing you Wolfie. Looking forward to seeing the new GNR as well.

Yeah I’m still curious why JJP didn’t release it. I still would have bought one regardless. Seem like people are buying these regardless because might as well be home playing something fun

#2397 70 days ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, I don't expect any of the 4 Senators (R or D) to get anything other than maybe a warning or a slap on the hand with a gloved hand.

That said, Burr definitely told the public one thing and told his donors another thing.

On Feb. 27, when the United States had 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, President Trump was tamping down fears and suggesting that the virus could be seasonal.

"It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear," the president said then, before adding, "it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens."

On that same day, Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.

"There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," he said, according to a secret recording of the remarks obtained by NPR. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818192535/burr-recording-sparks-questions-about-private-comments-on-covid-19

#2398 70 days ago

Despicable. Seriously.

#2399 70 days ago

Didn't Martha Stewart go to prison for the same shit?

#2400 69 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Didn't Martha Stewart go to prison for the same shit?

No, she went to prison for lying to the FBI about doing the same stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 22.50
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    There are 4247 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside