08B79238-2A7C-416B-BE79-F7BC33B4C94B (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
nvidia (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240604_191527_X (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 430.
#21301 24 days ago

I've been buying NVDA pretty much weekly since March, I just bought more today on the dip. I'll remain on the semi-conductor bandwagon through at least the end of the year.

#21302 24 days ago

Sold another 15 k of Nvidia to fund my pinball machines.

#21303 24 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Welcome to the club fellas!
You are not real members yet though folks. Remember that stocks go up and they come down. The rapid price increase in stocks you are witnessing now is unusual. Be mentally prepared to hold on to things (or not) when things drop. Too many people (and I've been guilty of this) do their first investment, watch it go up, then freak out and sell down the road when its underwater. By all means keep investing (I am) but only invest in things you understand.
Good luck!

And today looks like it will be one of those red days. I used to panic when I'd see them, now I see them as buying opportunities.

#21304 24 days ago

You are not real members yet though folks.
Good luck!

My military Roth TSP would like a word : ).

I invest about 7% a month into it with a 5% match from the good ol' guberment. Fidelity is about 15% so overall, I am investing about 22%-27% a month across the two accounts - with purchases in NVidia whenever I can (bologna on hand sandwiches is fine with me). Roth TSP is a major bummer cause no touchie-touchie until 59.5 years old, but I LOVE watching the compound interest - especially once I crossed $100K.

Now with Fidelity, yes, I agree with you there. New to that area, and trying to have the mindset "don't touch....move funds around, but DO NOT sell and put back into checking".

Having a pension and disability waiting for me post-active duty certainly provides some confidence in investing more now.

All said, what is in Fidelity and military Roth TSP I do not plan to touch. Watching compound interest hit both of them is wonderful <3.

I see S&P getting hit today, and I just go "oh well" and don't get emotional about it. Because at the end of the day:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Credit to Joseph Carlson on YT. I don't eat/sleep/live/breathe by what YTers say, but that image struck a chord and made me realize "do your homework, invest in index funds, commit and DO NOT touch".

#21305 24 days ago

Been buying NVDL , 2x nivda hedge gain/loss . Nothing is stopping Nvidia. will be added to the S&P soon.

#21306 24 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And today looks like it will be one of those red days. I used to panic when I'd see them, now I see them as buying opportunities.

ABSOLUTELY. Just put in more index fund orders. At the end of the day, over long term, the S&P is a positive diagonal line from left to right, and I love it!

#21307 24 days ago

While I'm posting, if I'm investing 7%+matching 5% a month into Roth TSP (401k for military) and another 15% in my Fidelity account, should I open an IRA with Fidelity...or should I just keep investing spare money into my Fidelity account?

I want to start an IRA, but I feel like that will slow down my momentum with what I'm doing with index funds in my Fidelity account.

Thoughts? I've done my homework, and I feel like I need some fresh brains for guidance/new POV-perspective.

Thanks!

#21308 24 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

While I'm posting, if I'm investing 7%+matching 5% a month into Roth TSP (401k for military) and another 15% in my Fidelity account, should I open an IRA with Fidelity...or should I just keep investing spare money into my Fidelity account?
I want to start an IRA, but I feel like that will slow down my momentum with what I'm doing with index funds in my Fidelity account.
Thoughts? I've done my homework, and I feel like I need some fresh brains for guidance/new POV-perspective.
Thanks!

Your matching Roth TSP should be your priority. A Roth TSP should not affect your eligibility for a ROTH IRA. Remember, you put after tax money into a Roth IRA, up to $6500 per year and it grows tax free. If you need it in an emergency you can withdraw the principal at anytime tax/penalty free (not recommended).

Your priority should be:

401k with match (your Roth TSP).
Roth IRA.
Any leftover funds into a regular investment account.

#21309 24 days ago

Market is getting too high for my comfort, tryinig to skim what I can off the top before it all goes opposite direction

#21310 24 days ago

Oil trade is back on for the summer, safe and easy money.

#21311 24 days ago

You are not real members yet though folks. Remember that stocks go up and they come down. The rapid price increase in stocks you are witnessing now is unusual. Be mentally prepared to hold on to things (or not) when things drop. Too many people (and I've been guilty of this) do their first investment, watch it go up, then freak out and sell down the road when its underwater. By all means keep investing (I am) but only invest in things you understand.
Good luck!

yeah, maybe the whole market is down today, but NVIDIA certainly took a dive ..which doesn't fear me; I'm still in the $270 profit range (chump change) and yesterday was almost $380. I will never be a pro (nor want to be really) in the market..to me this one stock is a long-term investment adventure..and one I'm willing to hold out on for at least a year..hell, maybe a lot longer than that.

#21312 24 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Oil trade is back on for the summer, safe and easy money.

enlighten me on that!

#21313 24 days ago

I similarly have a question about limiting taxes on how I'm investing:

-I work for the state and have a pension plan both my employer and I pay into
-I have an additional 403b supplemental retirement plan (a TSP) that I max out as ROTH with $23,000 + $7,500 per year (because I'm over 50)

The rest of my investments are just in a regular Fidelity account not avoiding taxes. Can I open a separate ROTH IRA and put $8,000 a year into it?

#21314 24 days ago

Because of Nvidia I completely dropped the idea of a Pro and now shopping Premium. LOL

Yesterday, Nvidia became the most valuable company in the world surpassing Apple and Microsoft. Each quarterly meeting comes with a nice bump in addition to the general monthly growth this monster has experienced. Their next quarterly report comes out on August 28th. See you then!

I am holding until they stumble... and with no viable competitor is sight, it could be awhile. Even the mighty AMD and Intel catch up game will be behind as the developers are all already using NVDA interfaces.

My ideal delta occurs when nvda stock closes above $250, BTTF pinball, AIW pinball, new cornerstone Stern, new Barrels and new JJP drop and the resulting reduction in the used spike 2 market. Seeing some premiums listed in the sixes lately.

#21315 24 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

enlighten me on that!

Nothing,. Oil sector has been down for awhile and summer travel season will send it higher.

#21316 24 days ago

What a couple months it has been. Not sure how long this Fantasy Stock Market boom will last.

#21317 24 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Nothing,. Oil sector has been down for awhile and summer travel season will send it higher.

I'm not a buyer - oil is way too hard to time.

#21318 24 days ago

I know math doesn’t matter anymore and everything is liquidity and lolz but does anyone have a problem with nvidia targets of $200+. That’s like a 5 trillion dollar company. More than msft and amzn combined etc. more than the gdp of Japan. I’m all for the cause but uhhh… slow down maybe bro?

#21319 24 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I know math doesn’t matter anymore and everything is liquidity and lolz but does anyone have a problem with nvidia targets of $200+. That’s like a 5 trillion dollar company. More than msft and amzn combined etc. more than the gdp of Japan. I’m all for the cause but uhhh… slow down maybe bro?

At this point you have to mentally separate the stock from the actual business as they have become dislocated. The stock can go to $200 regardless of whether the underlying business can support that. And right now all the tech companies are in it together, using AI narratives to drive big stock gains. They can't say they're cutting back spending on AI (which might start a giant Nvidia pullback) because it would kill their own stock price too. So you're not going to get the early verbal warning sign you might usually get, you kind of have to watch the ordering and inventory levels to determine if sales are starting to drop. The big unspoken problem that nobody is talking about? Nobody is making any money on this AI stuff besides selling the picks and shovels to make it. It's just spending on it, similar to what Meta was doing with VR with the hope it would make money someday. Lot of hype, not much substance. There's only so much spending these companies can do without generating money from it.

It's going to break eventually, but when? Could be tomorrow, a year, two years, who knows? The second their margins or growth show weakness the whole thing will start to get repriced. But until that point it's probably going up and up. Historically this is what Nvidia does, they latch onto hot trends and use it to boost sales to blow off tops and then crater when things go back to normal. They have 75% margins right now compared to 30% historically, and their PE is 2x to 4x historical values. So if the company went back to 'normal' it would probably drop from $1300 to $300, which seems about in line since the last bust with crypto it lost 2/3rd's of its value. It also went down like 75% in the 2008 bust too and took like a decade to recover.

#21320 24 days ago

^ for sure. I actually think $120-$122 tomm. Not much of a pullback but for nvda and the market weighting it’s kinda big hah.

#21321 24 days ago

I'm up early on the west coast today..yeah, NVIDIA is really seeing 'reality'..my question is..is there an option in Robinhood to automatically sell a stock at a target price, and perhaps re-buy if it plummets below your initail investment? I forgot the term my friend used for this. I suppose you could call this 'insurance'.

#21322 24 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm up early on the west coast today..yeah, NVIDIA is really seeing 'reality'..my question is..is there an option in Robinhood to automatically sell a stock at a target price, and perhaps re-buy if it plummets below your initail investment? I forgot the term my friend used for this. I suppose you could call this 'insurance'.

Stop loss

https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/career-map/sell-side/capital-markets/stop-loss-order/

#21323 24 days ago

does anyone here recommend dividend reinvestments? Especially on a stock like NVDA? Any insight why this is more risky, or plain stupid, or brilliant?

#21324 24 days ago

XLK is rebalancing today and is making a major shift in NVDA and AAPL allocation. NVDA going from 6% to about 20%. AAPL is going from 22% to around 4.5%. This is a major shift if you track exposure to individual stocks inside your funds.

#21325 23 days ago

Nvidia had a nice dip this morning and I bought more, it already looks like the early losses in the Nasdaq look like they are getting erased. I wonder how many retail buyers panic sold during it's 7% drop yesterday and this morning.

#21326 23 days ago

Apple...won't be able to implement AI features in the EU this year.

https://x.com/adamkovac/status/1804196127257805151

Will it give back some of the 500 billion dollars in gains back?......nah!

#21327 23 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Nothing is stopping Nvidia

Could be true and also may not be true

I remember 20+ years ago a friend telling me their largest holding was AOL because "Nothing is stopping" it, and they will never sell it

#21328 23 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Could be true and also may not be true
I remember 20+ years ago a friend telling me their largest holding was AOL because "Nothing is stopping" it, and they will never sell it

A guy I worked with pre-covid (a few re-orgs ago, for those of you that go through those every few years) told a story about AOL. Earlier in his career he and a few work friends hung out as an investment club. They all had decent amounts of AOL and it had a rocket moment and he sold for a decent gain but the others held. I don’t remember the details but he says that in the end he made a nice % gain, and the others retired with over a million dollars in their non-retirement accounts. He still meets with a few when he travels. Not bitter, but you can tell that one hurts a little since he was right there with them.

This was probably around the time I was getting an AOL CD in the mail as a kid and using them as frisbees or whatever we all did with those.

#21329 23 days ago

Well,. This is the beginning of the AI hype...hedgies and professional traders are a lot smarter than we give them credit for, NVDA will undoubtedly go to 200. As Taylor said in the above post, is it worth 50 or 55x... Hell no! But, that doesn't matter, own it, trade it, just don't get caught holding the bag.
We've seen this movie before....

Edit: as of today the P/E is 75

#21330 23 days ago

I'm holding fast to Nividia and bought a couple more shares today. I'm pretty confident we will see more stabilization at 125 price point and fluctuate between 135-140 for awhile. I conservatively think they will hit 200+ in a year though. I remain optimistic. However these other chipmakers are not blind and you'd be a fool to underestimate some of the competition.

Who do we watch to sidle up to Nividia to innovate less expensive solutions for startups and midsized companies. AMD / Intel ? who

#21331 23 days ago

Bought some NVDA in an IRA account, but sold Dec $150 calls on it. Gives me about $12.50 downside protection on shares that cost around $126. If it gets called away in 6 months, I don't care. Plenty of ETF exposure in XLK, SPY, and others.

If it goes to $200 before eoy and I gotta look at it in my account until it's called....well that will suck, lol.

#21332 23 days ago

Could go to $123-$120-$116 or could gap up and go. It’s gonna go though afterwards for sure.

#21333 23 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Could go to $123-$120-$116 or could gap up and go. It’s gonna go though afterwards for sure.

The talking heads are throwing the 115 to 120 number around. I doubt it will go lower than 115... It's almost like meme stock at this point.

#21334 23 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The talking heads are throwing the 115 to 120 number around. I doubt it will go lower than 115... It's almost like meme stock at this point.

I heard on CNBC the statement that "You can't afford not to own NVIDIA, otherwise you are underperforming the market. Of course they were talking about money managers, but that is a scary statement never the less...

#21335 23 days ago

As soon as you hear Uber drivers, bartenders and people in beauty salons talking about NVDA you will know we have hit the bubble .

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I heard on CNBC the statement that "You can't afford not to own NVIDIA, otherwise you are underperforming the market. Of course they were talking about money managers, but that is a scary statement never the less...

#21336 22 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

As soon as you hear Uber drivers, bartenders and people in beauty salons talking about NVDA you will know we have hit the bubble .

Unfortunately this is when I sold my Bitcoin. Had I just held onto it a while longer.....

#21337 22 days ago

TechnicalSteam I am giving you fiscal and investing absolution. Nobody can predict what or when something will happen.
I have to remind myself how freakin' hard it is to try to get two things right in a trade - a good entry point and then a good exit point.

If you made money, you came out a winner. Go forth and invest again

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Unfortunately this is when I sold my Bitcoin. Had I just held onto it a while longer.....

#21338 22 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

TechnicalSteam I am giving you fiscal and investing absolution. Nobody can predict what or when something will happen.
I have to remind myself how freakin' hard it is to try to get two things right in a trade - a good entry point and then a good exit point.
If you made money, you came out a winner. Go forth and invest again

I call this the “shoulda, coulda, woulda”. Don’t play this game. You can look back and find the perfect time to buy and sell, but in the moment you obviously can’t. Don’t beat yourself up for not eeking out the absolute best timing. A win is a win. Take the win, learn a little each time, but don’t play shoulda, coulda, woulda and criticize yourself for not getting the absolute best result.

#21339 22 days ago

pinball2020
I was at a corporate event on Friday, and you are right. Alot of chatter of Nvidia going even higher than the moon! Folks who never invested in the stockmarket, till 2024, now are "professionals" and telling me how Nvidia is going to the moon and it can never go down...
Not a good sign.
We are in bubble turf on nasdaq, similar to the early 2000's. If you use money supply creation since 2001 in America, Nasdaq index equivalent to the 2001 bubble of 5000 on the index, will equate 18500-19500, pretty close to those retarded 2001 bubble level. World GDP in 2001 was $34tril compared to $104tril today. Using GDP to scale from 2001 bubble peak on the Nasdaq it will equate to 16,000-17,000 on the Nasdaq today when it hit 5000 in the 2001 bubble, so currently we have surpassed it. Using both ratios, it comes in around 18,000 on the Nasdaq. Which we are pretty much in.... In 2001 folks and today is pretty similar, everyone buying stock, Ai being the gold standard, everyone opening discount brokerage accounts, all the chatter nowadays in the magnificent 7, ai or Nvidia. Dosent matter if you are outside a church, inside a McDonald's washroom, at work, in a hospital, filling up gas, playing dodgeball, camping, singing, walking. Everything and everyone keeps talking about stock, magnificent 7 or ai. I'm sick of it, early 2000s was the same stupid hype. I'm done, I missed out, I don't care.

I instead bought Intel

Hey why not???

If anything is going to crush Nvidia its Intel eventually.

Intel.peaked at over $60 in 2001, it's now $30, it bottomed in the $16s in 2003. It never hit it's 2001 peak.

Cisco similar story

Both great companies, Intel going through issues, thus $30 stock price.

Long story short, long term out, of all of those ups and downs we have had since the 90s, and we went through many companies who peaked at #1 at the most valuable company in the world. The only company thats still within reach today, when they topped the list in the late 90s/early 2000s is Microsoft. Companies like GE, Exxon, Petro china, royal dutch petroleum, even coca cola came close and were all the most valuable company of all time, back then. Today they aren't even close. I think the list will look alot different in a few years, in 20yrs even more....

Who knows, perhaps nvda in a few years will hit $1000 like the checkout lady at Walmart is claiming post split? Maybe another 10for1 stock split, when it happens again? But then again, I don't want to be a multi millionaire with everyone in this society, with that Walmart checkout lady. Wealth dosent work that way, either does capitalism. I'm staying away for now, my bet is on Intel, since everyone hates it so mo much. Most of the negativity is priced in.

Good luck to. all.....

#21340 21 days ago
Quoted from BRONX:

pinball2020
I was at a corporate event on Friday, and you are right. Alot of chatter of Nvidia going even higher than the moon! Folks who never invested in the stockmarket, till 2024, now are "professionals" and telling me how Nvidia is going to the moon and it can never go down...
Not a good sign.
We are in bubble turf on nasdaq, similar to the early 2000's. If you use money supply creation since 2001 in America, Nasdaq index equivalent to the 2001 bubble of 5000 on the index, will equate 18500-19500, pretty close to those retarded 2001 bubble level. World GDP in 2001 was $34tril compared to $104tril today. Using GDP to scale from 2001 bubble peak on the Nasdaq it will equate to 16,000-17,000 on the Nasdaq today when it hit 5000 in the 2001 bubble, so currently we have surpassed it. Using both ratios, it comes in around 18,000 on the Nasdaq. Which we are pretty much in.... In 2001 folks and today is pretty similar, everyone buying stock, Ai being the gold standard, everyone opening discount brokerage accounts, all the chatter nowadays in the magnificent 7, ai or Nvidia. Dosent matter if you are outside a church, inside a McDonald's washroom, at work, in a hospital, filling up gas, playing dodgeball, camping, singing, walking. Everything and everyone keeps talking about stock, magnificent 7 or ai. I'm sick of it, early 2000s was the same stupid hype. I'm done, I missed out, I don't care.
I instead bought Intel
Hey why not???
Intel.peaked at over $60 in 2001, it's now $30, it bottomed in the $16s in 2003. It never hit it's 2001 peak.
Cisco similar story
Long story short, long term out, of all of those ups and downs we have had since the 90s, and we went through many companies who peaked at #1 at the most valuable company in the world. The only company thats still within reach today, when they topped the list in the late 90s/early 2000s is Microsoft. Companies like GE, Exxon, Petro china, royal dutch petroleum, even coca cola came close and were all the most valuable company of all time, back then. Today they aren't even close. I think the list will look alot different in a few years, in 20yrs even more....
Who knows, perhaps nvda in a few years will hit $1000 like the checkout lady at Walmart is claiming post split? Maybe another 10for1 stock split, when it happens again? But then again, I don't want to be a multi millionaire with everyone in this society, with that Walmart checkout lady. Wealth dosent work that way, either does capitalism. I'm staying away for now, my bet is on Intel, since everyone hates it so mo much. Most of the negativity is priced in.
Good luck to. all.....

Yeah, even if the 500 crashes, it'll come back over time. That's why I do index funds mirroring the S&P. Give it enough time to recover and all will be good.

#21341 21 days ago
Quoted from BRONX:

pinball2020
Not a good sign.
I instead bought Intel
Hey why not???
Cisco similar story
Good luck to. all.....

Too soon to buy INTC in my opinion but you might get a bounce for a trade if you get lucky, personally I don't see them catching up any time soon so it's more likely dead money. Unfortunately this stock is lower today than it was 10 years ago. You could have bought any other semi conductor stock and done much better and at 32X it's not even cheap. Intel missed the switch to mobile and then they missed the AI revolution. INTC is never going to crush NVDA, even competitors that are closer to NVDA now, are not really close.

Do what you like but betting on the past because everyone hates it is not a good idea.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think everyone should own a little but if you don't, there will be an opportunity to get in on a dip. We are already $13 off the high and down another $2-3 this morning.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21342 20 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

NVDA, even competitors that are closer to NVDA now, are not really close.

Hmm, I'm going to disagree with this.....it's not alien tech, AMD is close, so is Amazon. Remember, how Apple added 500 billion dollars of market cap on the news of Siri getting infused with AI? If you unpack it, there is not that much money to be made from that upgrade....handset will sell themselves. How many people are going to switch over from Android due to Siri? Certainly not a half trillion dollars worth. Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that the competition doesn't have to beat NVDA, the news of an AI chip for 30% less will do all the leg work....it will ding the value of NVDA, it doesn't even have to sell that many, or be better, because the market will perceive it's competition and that's enough. Remember folks, no one has made a dime from AI yet.....this is all a bet on the future.

How is this tech going to make trillions? I need to see it. We're now finding out, lawyers can't rely on it, because it makes up facts. Restaurants are discontinuing the use of AI for order taking......we we're promised all of this at the beginning of this hype, and now little by little we find out, we might years away from those promises. Show me the money!

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/jun/17/mcdonalds-ends-ai-drive-thru#:~:text=McDonald's%20is%20ending%20its%20test,100%20locations%20around%20the%20US.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/new-york-lawyers-sanctioned-using-fake-chatgpt-cases-legal-brief-2023-06-22/

#21343 20 days ago

Buying more NVDA now that it's dropped down to about the price it split at. It definitely took a hit the last couple days of trading, as did most of the NASDAQ, but I'm still super optimistic going into August's earnings.

#21344 20 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmm, I'm going to disagree with this.....it's not alien tech, AMD is close, so is Amazon. Remember, how Apple added 500 billion dollars of market cap on the news of Siri getting infused with AI? If you unpack it, there is not that much money to be made from that upgrade....handset will sell themselves. How many people are going to switch over from Android due to Siri? Certainly not a half trillion dollars worth. Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that the competition doesn't have to beat NVDA, the news of an AI chip for 30% less will do all the leg work....it will ding the value of NVDA, it doesn't even have to sell that many, or be better, because the market will perceive it's competition and that's enough. Remember folks, no one has made a dime from AI yet.....this is all a bet on the future.
How is this tech going to make trillions? I need to see it. We're now finding out, lawyers can't rely on it, because it makes up facts. Restaurants are discontinuing the use of AI for order taking......we we're promised all of this at the beginning of this hype, and now little by little we find out, we might years away from those promises.

Amazon doesn't make semiconductors. AMD is getting closer to the previous generation NVDA chips, NVDA will leapfrog again with next generation Blackwell Ultra X100 GPU chips. AMD a strong second but still way behind. They will do very well also though. NVDA can't meet demand so competitors can come in with weaker products.

Are you sure "no one has made a dime on AI"?? NVDA and AMD sure have. MSFT/AMZN/GOOG/META have definitely has started to make money on AI. Very early innings. By the time you see it, you have missed it.

Doesn't matter to me if you believe or not. Just food for thought.

----
"Even with the burgeoning competition in the space, Nvidia has more than 90% of the GPU market. That's largely because Nvidia provides a full-stack solution for AI computing, including its CUDA software and foundational models and libraries to jump-start development of AI applications".

"We believe NVIDIA continues to execute across all segments. While 1H is typically seasonally weaker than 2H, we expect solid demand in PC gaming to be a strong revenue driver for the company, offsetting PC OEM, which is in secular decline. We expect the data center segment to grow strongly as hyperscale customers continue to embrace GPUaccelerated deep learning for processing large data sets. We are encouraged by strength in the automotive and enterprise segments as well, although strong adoption of autonomous driving in the market remains to be seen. We anticipate significant upside in shares, driving our Overweight rating.

Valuation
Our Dec-24 PT assumes that NVIDIA trades at 30-35x applied to ~$33 of earnings power in CY25. Our outlook of $33 of earnings power assumes the team will drive its earnings power by 30-35%+ per year over the next few years led by the continued strong datacenter growth (20-30% CAGR), monetizing an incremental ~$14B of auto revenue pipeline and an incremental $1-2B of software, licensing, and subscription revenues over the next 3-4 years..

#21345 20 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Amazon doesn't make semiconductors. AMD is getting closer to the previous generation NVDA chips, NVDA will leapfrog again with next generation Blackwell Ultra X100 GPU chips. AMD a strong second but still way behind. They will do very well also though. NVDA can't meet demand so competitors can come in with weaker products.
Are you sure "no one has made a dime on AI"?? NVDA and AMD sure have. MSFT/AMZN/GOOG/META have definitely has started to make money on AI. Very early innings. By the time you see it, you have missed it.
Doesn't matter to me if you believe or not. Just food for thought.

I'm surprised you haven't heard about their AI chip push:

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/28/amazon-reveals-trainium2-ai-chip-while-deepening-nvidia-relationship.html

#21346 20 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Buying more NVDA now that it's dropped down to about the price it split at. It definitely took a hit the last couple days of trading, as did most of the NASDAQ, but I'm still super optimistic going into August's earnings.

I think it goes lower and touches $100

#21347 20 days ago
Quoted from DropGems:Could go to $123-$120-$116 or could gap up and go. It’s gonna go though afterwards for sure.

Grabbed some at $118

#21348 20 days ago

Nvda at best is a $40 company come October. Even at that price, it's $1tril market cap, for a company that's going to see a ton of upcoming competition and start ups, potentially an economic slowdown

#21349 20 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Our Dec-24 PT assumes that NVIDIA trades at 30-35x applied to ~$33 of earnings power in CY25. Our outlook of $33 of earnings power assumes the team will drive its earnings power by 30-35%+ per year over the next few years led by the continued strong datacenter growth (20-30% CAGR), monetizing an incremental ~$14B of auto revenue pipeline and an incremental $1-2B of software, licensing, and subscription revenues over the next 3-4 years..

What’s your dec 24 PT for nvda? The stock is bubblicious but companies that become most valuable will coast for a while and don’t just crash epically. It will be a very slow melt down after a bunch of higher rips so still worth fomoing lol.

#21350 20 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I think it goes lower and touches $100

Fundamentals don't matter much, it's which way the herd is going. The analyst price targets are 30 to 40% higher from here. You can trade it and make money, as others have said the next 2 quarters should still be good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 427 of 430.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.