IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 420.
#20101 5 months ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

1oz silver Maple coin is ~$33 right now, so $100 for 3 seems about right.

Was roughly going off silver prices of 23 bucks an ounce. But here are 10 for $280 on eBay with free shipping. I would still be more than happy to trade with the guy that prefers 3 of these to a $100 bill.

ebay.com link: itm

#20102 5 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Both of you are so intolerant that you don't even see it.

I guess living in Ca., the more crazy people I'm around, the more tolerant I have become. Or I never really cared what they say or do.

Oil is up again. Better get that grease job fast!

#20103 5 months ago

I'll say it again, gold is not for everyone. No longer trying to "sell" the concept.
I do see outright hostility toward accumulating gold though from those who don't. They wish to label them all sorts of derisive terms. It's not enough to simply disagree and do you. Not sure where this comes from.
I trade in the Market as well and do not label people who do so.
Gold is Tier 1 asset.
Central Banks Worldwide are buying TONS.
If its a correct course of action for them then logic would tell you it may be a good idea for the individual.
Do not base your decision from the fantasy of survival shows.

#20104 5 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'll say it again, gold is not for everyone. No longer trying to "sell" the concept.
I do see outright hostility toward accumulating gold though from those who don't. They wish to label them all sorts of derisive terms. It's not enough to simply disagree and do you. Not sure where this comes from.
I trade in the Market as well and do not label people who do so.
Gold is Tier 1 asset.
Central Banks Worldwide are buying TONS.
If its a correct course of action for them then logic would tell you it may be a good idea for the individual.
Do not base your decision from the fantasy of survival shows.

Hey man, this an investment thread where people present investment ideas and people discuss them. Any idea in here is subject to critique. No need to take it personally. Just pointing out that gold and bunker scenarios don’t seem to complement each other especially while you live in an awesome country like America.

Gold certainly may have a place in an individual’s or country’s portfolio for various reasons. But once it’s bunker time in America, it’s probably of no use and you could have bought more useful items for your bunker. Boots, tampons, fungal cream, whiskey, aspirin, toilet paper, pinball machines etc.

#20105 5 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Hey man, this an investment thread where people present investment ideas and people discuss them. Any idea in here is subject to critique. No need to take it personally. Just pointing out that gold and bunker scenarios don’t seem to complement each other especially while you live in an awesome country like America.
Gold certainly may have a place in an individual’s or country’s portfolio for various reasons. But once it’s bunker time in America, it’s probably of no use and you could have bought more useful items for your bunker. Boots, tampons, fungal cream, whiskey, aspirin, toilet paper, pinball machines etc.

Gold has been fine over long periods of time but we rarely recommend it. People who have with us bought unsolicited (their idea).

Storage is an issue with physical gold but no matter how you hold it there is a cost. ETFs and funds have monthly fees, physical has storage / safe keeping costs. If gold does nothing it's costing you money to have it. As an example our company holds gold (minimum 25 oz bars) for $25/mo. at the mint.

My argument against it is generally you don't need to own everything and gold performance is hard to explain (and predict). No dividend yield either. If you must own some, buy the lowest cost liquid ETF.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#20106 5 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just picked up a small chunk of URNM

up 10% now, riding it cautiously ready to punch out. Think it is close to the top.

#20107 5 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I have no idea if you actually know what you're claiming about this group or not but your intolerance toward them is incredible. Have they harmed you in some way?

Huh? I'm only critical of the investment strategy of buying gold and planning for apocalypse, it's not a good one.

#20108 5 months ago

How can one sleep well at night thinking there will be a time coming up where world currencies crash and we will have to buy meat and ammo paying with slivers of a yellow metal?

#20109 5 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Huh? I'm only critical of the investment strategy of buying gold and planning for apocalypse, it's not a good one.

Agree - in a SHTF scenario, gold will be just as valuable as bitcoin
in that case, you want lots of lead
Not once in TWD did they use gold to buy anything

#20110 5 months ago

I'm just waiting for the squeeze on paper gold so it can jump to a value based on demand rather than manipulation.

#20111 5 months ago

Ya'll seem fixated on TWD as a prime example of what will happen if a currency falls.
Are you serious?
That show represents THE worst case scenario with fantasy thrown in.
Again, you can feel the hostility toward gold which I don't understand.
Is it you don't have any and afraid someone can obtain food for their kids and you can't?
Or the possibility your insistence in believing in paper assets rather then tangible could put your family at risk if things go South?

Quoted from kool1:

If you must own some, buy the lowest cost liquid ETF.

Paper gold? You might as well have Bitcoin.
Those Farm stores won't take an ETF for chicken and beef.
It's simple, don't buy it. Do what you thinks best. Trade in what you know.
Venezuela is one of many examples of what happens when a currency fails. Gold is not a currency, it's MONEY.
Try to understand the difference.
Unfunded liabilities and Debt could put us exactly where Venezuela is today unless something drastic changes.
And no, I do not want to see any of this happen.
I sleep well because of a diverse portfolio filled with hard assets, cash commodities and protection for all of it.
Had my time with risk, enjoy yours.

#20112 5 months ago

lol 0% chance we’ll be bartering precious metals for chickens. USD will remain the dominant currency and US the de facto global superpower. China and Russia both have been exposed badly in the last few years. US equities is the best place to be by far imo. Gold is great for a trade or a hedge. I guess it has some apocalyptic intrinsic value but I don’t own any. I’ll barter with vinyl records if SHTF and the internet gets taken out.

#20113 5 months ago

"The sun never sets on the British Empire"........

#20114 5 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

lol 0% chance we’ll be bartering precious metals for chickens. USD will remain the dominant currency and US the de facto global superpower. China and Russia both have been exposed badly in the last few years. US equities is the best place to be by far imo. Gold is great for a trade or a hedge. I guess it has some apocalyptic intrinsic value but I don’t own any. I’ll barter with vinyl records if SHTF and the internet gets taken out.

All things come to an end - historical summary of world reserve currency

https://www.midasgoldgroup.com/news/world-reserve-currencies-since-1450/#:~:text=Since%201450%20there%20have%20been,currency%20span%20is%2094%20years.

#20115 5 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

USD will remain the dominant currency

I hope so. The only thing I like better than gold is cash. Greenbacks are cool, especially stacks of small denominations.
Been hearing about people being refused or delayed making cash withdrawals.
Charged new fees for cash Businesses, new forms to fill out.
CBCD changes the whole paradigm, gold included.

#20116 5 months ago

Some here are on the right track with too much added currency in the system messes things up. So when too much gets added to the system by govts and doesn’t go the the right places it causes assets to get overvalued and usually high speculation is added into the mix. Folks get lazy and too at ease with the easy money flowing in 2020-21. This causes problems with economies like inflation and when assets get revalued down when the money flow slows that can be very painful - 2022-23.

The problem is if you sit and do nothing waiting for the big crash and miss mini crashes. Like now. It’s the time to add assets since they are reasonable and govt is an our to add more and more fiscal into the system -2024 coming. This will peak in 2025-6 and that will be a time to sell off.

I included world currency cycles chart. Look over the past years to see when was a good time to buy and sell assets as currency was added and then sell when the currency breaks were about to be tapped. Before and after. It shows how currency in is good! And bad! Which way is the chart trending?

Don’t wait for the big big crash which you will likely see coming anyway following this. Buy and sell the flows and mini crashes. Like a possible 40% drop in the market isn’t worth your time?? That is your time hot shot! Take it! Why not ride upside and downside?

See my point? So On the right track but what are you doing?

Like 2025-6 will probably start a 40% plus crash. That’s bad but SaP will go to 6000 plus first based on the money that is coming in and where assets are currently valued. Why the crash? The money flow from world govts that is about to really kick in will rise assets also the the fiscal “slow” in 2025/26 will end the party.

This will be the future unfortunately with the govts adding such huge amounts of money into the economy.

IMG_1329 (resized).jpegIMG_1329 (resized).jpeg

#20117 5 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Russia, yes...China is a force to be reckoned with. They will overtake our economy.

#20118 5 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Ya'll seem fixated on TWD as a prime example of what will happen if a currency falls.
Are you serious?
That show represents THE worst case scenario with fantasy thrown in.
Again, you can feel the hostility toward gold which I don't understand.
Is it you don't have any and afraid someone can obtain food for their kids and you can't?
Or the possibility your insistence in believing in paper assets rather then tangible could put your family at risk if things go South?

Venezuela is one of many examples of what happens when a currency fails. Gold is not a currency, it's MONEY.
Unfunded liabilities and Debt could put us exactly where Venezuela is today unless something drastic changes.
I sleep well because of a diverse portfolio filled with hard assets, cash commodities and protection for all of it.

My hostility as you put it is not for gold as an asset class but rather towards the doomsday prepping. I hope that makes sense.

As I have stated recently, I’m definitely hung up on gold as an investment though…but I am open to the discussion.

Doomsday prepping, to put it politely, is not my cup of tea. Even if it were, I have no desire or physical ability to live after the fall anyway.

#20119 5 months ago

@mattosborn. You hit it well with the dealer mark-up for silver, giving them $100 of currency and you only get $75 in silver. Absolutely pathetic

#20120 5 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

What the hell ya’ll gonna do with shiny metal while you’re eating beans in a bunker?
Refer me to the episode of TWD or The Last Of Us where a gold coin got anybody out of a jam.

You can make bullets from a press with silver in a doomsday scenario and it can be used in basic construction. If there's a financial system left silver will have more value due to it's utility

#20121 5 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

You can make bullets from a press with silver in a doomsday scenario and it can be used in basic construction. If there's a financial system left silver will have more value due to it's utility

In a werewolf apocalypse where a financial system is still in place and you have a full handloading set up, Silver will def come in handy. Could make all the difference.

#20122 5 months ago

Russia is a joke. Look at their richest folks in the country. The industries they are in have no innovation - oil, miners, banking, fertilizer, shit, and I wasn’t talking about the fertilizer.

The wealthiest person is Putin and he just stole his wealth, kill’s political opposition and invades other countries for power grabs. Govt is overbearing, controlling and corrupt. Why would anyone invest their money in Russia? I would invest in Diamondback Energy, US steel corp, JP Morgan and Barrick gold over anything on the list below. Same with the rest of the the folks who have money “in the world”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_billionaires

#20123 5 months ago

Ya’ll had to make it weird. But hey, the world is going to end at some point, right?

3 mining stocks recommended to me by a family member. 2 silver, 1 gold:

NEWP, BKRRF and CXBMF

This person has been very successful investing in this area over the years, but is the first to admit there’s a lot of losers too.

#20124 5 months ago

China! They have tech! Yeah but the govt is too overbearing and controlling. CEOs like go rogue and shit. Not a country I would put currency in and “folks with money” around the world wouldn’t either. Sorry maybe Russia. And do they have any innovation or technology they didn’t steal, sorry “borrow”. Maybe here and there but……..

Their play will probably be to create more currency, loan it to poorer countries like in say Africa buying off their leaders, when those countries have trouble paying back then China will make a deal and ask , sorry make them sell cheap oil and commodities in return to cover the loans and send over some folks to “help” with run their country. How nice of them! The people those countries- they lose.

I found a video about what it would be like for those country’s to share.

#20125 5 months ago

The country that will overtake the US will be the one where “you” would put your money into for the future.

Period

Like folks say China will overtake the US soon! Ok go put your money in a China ETF quickly! Get rich! Count your stacks!!

Same folks say “F no I will be at a huge risk of losing it all!”

The question is “why would you lose money??” And “how are the risks for US from an outside investor different?”

(Is that to strong?)

#20126 5 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ya’ll had to make it weird. But hey, the world is going to end at some point, right?
3 mining stocks recommended to me by a family member. 2 silver, 1 gold:
NEWP, BKRRF and CXBMF
This person has been very successful investing in this area over the years, but is the first to admit there’s a lot of losers too.

Not weird actually. Folks are in the right direction - bulls bears and world will end someday folks.

I am not trying to be arrogant. I am “trying” to combine all of them where all can benefit in a way few are willing to give a look. I mean I has to blow up everything much of what I thought I knew to learn all this and took the past year and a half. It works.

The end of world folks will be disappointed but they don’t have to worry because unfun times will come along and may satisfy them?? Like I said 40%ish market drop in 2025-26, but we are going up first - sorry bears. It won’t be the end of the world in target 2H 2025- 1H 26 but will feel like it after. That’s about all end of world folks will get. Sorry??

Gotta run though - later

#20127 5 months ago

Back. So once again - gold followers and everyone actually. Here is a tip- Besides following gold “I” would also follow “the reason why you believe in gold will rise”. Just a guess the reason is - these govts are overloading money into the economic pool! At times very stupidly!!! This makes the currency less valuable and causes problems!!! Bingo! yes true. So Follow - keep an eye out when money flows get stupid and wasteful and tap out on certain assets. “But” don’t ignore the good of the money add! More on that soon. This is where too much currency folks fall flat.

Keep it simple.

Buy assets when they are reasonable and the govts are about to start upward trends in the money add - “like now”. Sell off when assets are at high prices levels and govt addition of money is about to peak and slow “as of now” 2H 2025 - 1H 2026. Like per the liquidity cycles from the chart in post above.

“But” gold folks should pivot on - adding money is always stupid! Why?? Because view is super flawed! Folks say money add is bad and deficits will crush and we need to pull massive amounts of money out of the system to stop all the horrible waste now!”. Sure we see it all the time - it sounds scary!! But relax. Chill man. I would calmly ask them “soooooooo since we started to add large amounts of money in the system “deficits” in the 1980’s people have gotten home computers, laptops, the World Wide Web, smart phones that are powerful computers you can hold in your hand for super low cost that many 6 year olds own, better farming methods, out patient surgery that took off days off hospital stays, 5G, more efficient combustion engine cars and cheap EV’s that beat Ferraris, free next day delivery for $10 a month with free streaming and TN football, music and TV streaming, super cheap long distances calling and video chat , AI , LED light bulbs, pinball games with ramps…………I am getting tired here.

You will “never” get a straight answer “how this all this cool shit could have happened” if little to money was added for the deficit is a bad folks. Never. Love to hear a reply. Would be curios for an answer. “Paging gold folks / deficits kill our economy and way of life folks”. Help save me! I don’t expect a reply here.

Soooo mAdding money “mostly” works! It gets results! And this makes life better for “all”. Think about how many inconveniences a “rich person”would have to deal with in the 1980’s compared to even a lower income person today?? The “quality of life part” helps narrow IE (fill in the blank yourself) and is always overlooked when folks look at this. “That” is why the US and countries like it are the best to invest in, have and hold currency from and best of all friggin live in! It’s not a perfect path up but the money add results speak for themselves. The money adds need to continue…… keep an eye on things always for “stupid”.

Oh All those products above are also “deflationary” across the board, “the good kind of deflation” the you tube folks don’t get. It’s the reason prices don’t go to the moon for basic goods with all these huge money adds. Oil was $100 a barrel in the 1980’s. We would be in trouble with “adding money” if we are at $1000 a barrel now. That is a bad example of long term money additions. Few get rich on oil. Society festers and struggles. Welcome to Russia or Middle East. Folks said oil wells? No thanks let’s put the added money in iPhones! Get how this works better? But on flip side “too much stupid money add causes inflation.” Happened recently. Follow it all.

So don’t “only” get caught up looking for only “times of stupid” with the govt money adds where yes you will be right at times - sure. You should probably also realize when money adding leads to the good and even fantastic times!! You would have been right more than wrong following the good / fantastic times alone the last 40 years, but what if you follow both, good money adds “and” when they get stupid?????? Boom! You will be one of the smartest folks on the block. Especially with govts adding “T’s” per year now not hundreds of “B’s”. The amounts are unbelievable now?? Why would you not follow “the new main driver of the economy” Govt spending. The good the bad and the ugly.

End of world folks? Don’t get greedy! 2022/23 wasn’t good enough to partake in? Will 2025-26 be? What are you waiting for? Those times are “practice” for a potential big one. Cmon Chop chop.

This took me a year and half to learn by the way. I was wrong on alot of stuff “I thought I knew”. It’s worked better than anything I have ever seen. You probably have never had someone explain it this way. Institutions follow fiscal flows - trust me.

Best part! All groups bulls, bears, gold folks, deficit worriers, long term investors and end of world will be happy with this method! Yay! Oh but also unhappy at times for all mentioned. Boo! Follow this and Participate in upside downside. The best things you will learn in life will have upsides and downsides for success, money and real life. You need to accept that you were wrong at times. Not Easy. Chances are you have not figured it out with all upside with little sacrifice, work and effort, risk and downside along the way. This MMT fiscal covers both. If something is not working say opps I was off/ wrong, pivot until things click is the main driver many times. Those looking for the easy way to get what they want? YouTube folks with a lot of views could help…..maybe?? Hey make money without risk of downside, lose weight and eat what you want, get a great job with little effort put in! Thanks you tube rando with 50k views!

Don’t agree that’s alright. At least I hope I put a new idea in front of you. It will likely challenge what you think you know and you won’t like this. Like I said I had trouble myself while learning this. Not easy. But it actually makes sense.

I will do a post or two more and tap out. I know it’s boring and “long”. Ha ha. I know few care. Thats great! That’s why I follow.

#20128 5 months ago

Here is the amount of money added past year and this month. My fiscal folks and I knew Oct would suck and Nov 1 would start to roll through Nov 15. Nov had such huge SS (8% raise this year) and gov interest payments (higher yields) that netted $24 billion more than last year. This huge extra addition made some traders who follow this lighten and end their put and hedges they added mid week after they rode up leveraged longs from end of Oct.

Overall bullish for 2024. So they made it very clear hedges were lower amount, short term hedge. The juice of the pullbacks the next month just aren’t likely worth shorting with a larger then originally thought money add.

From this graph we are looking at almost $2T added to the economy “net” this year. Next year should be similar or may be more! This is why it’s likely “wise” if you buy the dips over now through Dec. What is Fed says rates are dropping soon this spring? Yikes! No 2024 recession? Yikes again! On flip side what happens if in 2025/26 if say not $2 T and say $1.5T is forecasted to be added and SaP is at 6000’s? I know what I will do. Lighten/Sell assets.

We know we can plan subtract new stuff like Student loans coming up now and next year. They will “pull” about $6-7 B per month out of the system. It will make a difference but with $2T deficits the money in still wins. Student loans are a new because they haven’t been in effect for years.

The boring stuff I follow each month and week and days.
IMG_1399 (resized).jpegIMG_1399 (resized).jpeg

#20129 5 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Wasn't recommending gold (I don't own it) but if you do buy bars and hide them in the basement, good luck finding people to take it as tender for anything close to its actual value if they take them at all.

#20130 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wasn't recommending gold (I don't own it) but if you do buy bars and hide them in the basement, good luck finding people to take it as tender for anything close to its actual value if they take them at all.

Costco has been selling 1 oz gold bars online. Probably a decent deal ( as far as purchasing premium goes) if you live in a state that doesn’t tax bullion purchases and you have the 2% reward card for Costco purchases.

They sell out within a few hours after posting them from what I have heard. I’m not a gold guy either, although I am a Costco fan.

#20131 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

No bars, I like American gold eagle 1/10 ounce coins.
Identified several food/farm suppliers as well as auto parts who agreed to take silver and gold.
Local Mexican goat ranch, I purchased 2.5 gold Pesos and silver Libertads for those purchases.
1.25 and 1.5 gram 24k coins (Philharmonic, Maple Leaf and Elephant) for everything else.
People I have approached have been receptive to the idea and one already accepts metals when available.
As far as storage, 20K of gold fits in a very small change purse( don't carry it, easily hid).
Remember, if you don't hold it, you don't own it.

#20132 5 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Costco has been selling 1 oz gold bars online. Probably a decent deal ( as far as purchasing premium goes) if you live in a state that doesn’t tax bullion purchases and you have the 2% reward card for Costco purchases.
They sell out within a few hours after posting them from what I have heard. I’m not a gold guy either, although I am a Costco fan.

Bars are problematic for prepping or investment. Too many counterfeits. requires an expensive tester to authenticate and the bar many times must be removed from the packaging before testing.
Sovereign Mint coins are safest. Eagles, Maple Leafs, Brittanias, Philharmonics or Krugerrands.
For prepping 1 oz gold is too much liability to carry around even though the Premiums are lower.
Small coins have a higher premium but are more practical to use.
Runaway inflation will jack the price of everything so the initial purchase premium may become moot.

#20133 5 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No bars, I like American gold eagle 1/10 ounce coins.
Identified several food/farm suppliers as well as auto parts who agreed to take silver and gold.
Local Mexican goat ranch, I purchased 2.5 gold Pesos and silver Libertads for those purchases.
1.25 and 1.5 gram 24k coins (Philharmonic, Maple Leaf and Elephant) for everything else.
People I have approached have been receptive to the idea and one already accepts metals when available.
As far as storage, 20K of gold fits in a very small change purse( don't carry it, easily hid).

Counterfeit gold eagles coins around also. Hardly going to be widely accepted. I'd stick with dollars but that's just me.

#20134 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Counterfeit gold eagles coins around also. Hardly going to be widely accepted. I'd stick with dollars but that's just me.

Never seen a 1/10 ounce phony Eagle, they may exist.
Gold and silver in the US is like pinball machines, people prefer American Brands.
Of course anyone will use dollars until they can't.
Right now cash is king.

I feel like I've hijacked y'alls thread didn't mean to.
Invest in what you know.

The Canadian 1/10 gold is superior to the Eagle as far as purity of gold.
I love the them. If I was in Canada would be looking.

#20135 5 months ago
Quoted from RTR:

Was roughly going off silver prices of 23 bucks an ounce. But here are 10 for $280 on eBay with free shipping. I would still be more than happy to trade with the guy that prefers 3 of these to a $100 bill.
ebay.com link: itm

I'll respond to this and butt out.
This Guy was pretty unique. Business owner semi retired.
Bought a 200 grand Van. Had it outfitted to carry motorcycles.
Turned over more responsibility for the Business and passed his card around Motorcycle Dealerships.
Enjoys life.
Requested gold or silver for delivery of my Honda.
Silver Maples were around 31 then.
I gave him a silver Franklin half dollar as a tip.
He told me the silver was real money. Really sold out on the concept. But he was obviously rich.
Currently pissed off about silver, not a fan. Not buying.
It will probably skyrocket.

#20136 5 months ago

Stock tip:
Blue horseshoe love Annacott Steel

#20137 5 months ago

Ouch, Seahawks deserved that loss, but I really hoped they'd pull it out with the kick at the end.

#20138 5 months ago

Been loading up on ET on the dips... hard to pass up a 9.x% dividend, smart acquisitions, and a boatload of volume being shipped out this winter.

Also looking at BK... solid banking resume and although it has risen from a pretty big downdraft from the latest banking "crisis", looks to be a candidate for a 20-30% bounceback... thoughts???

#20139 5 months ago

Dono

I really like *et* energy transfer, I almost bought them in the summer around $12.49, I ended up.going with TC energy

*Bk* bank of Ny Mellon, I prefer Canadian banks because of higher dividend yield and potentially more upside in my own opinion. Regardless bank stocks are on sale, you should do really well with a good name like Ny Mellon bank as you chose

Anyone tracking ADM ? Archer Daniels Midland???
They look nice to me, any thoughts

#20140 5 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Never seen a 1/10 ounce phony Eagle, they may exist.
Gold and silver in the US is like pinball machines, people prefer American Brands.
Of course anyone will use dollars until they can't.

I don't see a time where cash is not king (or useable). Phony Eagles definitely exist. You can even buy them on Etsy!

https://www.sbcgold.com/blog/spot-fake-american-eagle-gold-coin/

Anyways - Markets. Here are the latest from the our call this morning.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#20141 5 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Phony Eagles definitely exist

Not 1/10 oz, which is the size of a dime.
Real important to be careful where you buy bullion.
I use APMEX, which is the highest average price. (Availability)
As well as Monument Metals which is the lowest.

Quoted from kool1:

I don't see a time where cash is not king (or useable)

Yeah, nobody does until it happens. It's not outside the realm of possibilities considering the current upheaval occurring.
Lot of counterfeit 20,50 and 100 dollar bills too.
Be aware SS protections against US currency counterfeiting also apply to US Mint gold and silver coins that exhibit a denomination.

#20142 4 months ago
Quoted from BRONX:

Dono
I really like *et* energy transfer, I almost bought them in the summer around $12.49, I ended up.going with TC energy
*Bk* bank of Ny Mellon, I prefer Canadian banks because of higher dividend yield and potentially more upside in my own opinion. Regardless bank stocks are on sale, you should do really well with a good name like Ny Mellon bank as you chose
Anyone tracking ADM ? Archer Daniels Midland???
They look nice to me, any thoughts

ADM ticks a lot of boxes for me - increasing dividend, dividend coverage ratio good, valued at 10 forward PE, but they operate on skinny profit margins in a commodity focused business so movements in the grain and soybean markets have big effects on them. And if we hit any sort of deflation environment in commodities, it's gonna be trouble for them. That said all of that may be priced in. They are down 27% ytd. They are trying to diversify their business and if they are successful you might be glad you bought here. I probably won't though, I bet you can get it cheaper.

#20143 4 months ago

And the Market closes for the holiday on a 3 month high, nice!

#20144 4 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:No bars, I like American gold eagle 1/10 ounce coins.

Are you Bill Devane?

#20145 4 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Are you Bill Devane?

Rosalind Capital and other places like them are the worst.
"We will hold your gold and it will be safe. Look, we give you a paper that has all kinds of benefits."
Just say no. Either get a small bag of bullion and throw it under the seat or don't buy it at all.

I always thought Willam Devane did a mean Bobby Kennedy.

#20146 4 months ago

RTR
Thank you for your opinion of ADM stock

#20147 4 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Yeah, nobody does until it happens. It's not outside the realm of possibilities considering the current upheaval occurring.
Lot of counterfeit 20,50 and 100 dollar bills too.
Be aware SS protections against US currency counterfeiting also apply to US Mint gold and silver coins that exhibit a denomination.

Problem is you are preparing for something that may never happen. There is always upheaval in the world. Nothing new.

Lots of tools to detect counterfeit bills.

#20148 4 months ago

Agricultural commodities is hard to price, all this talk about possible di-inflaton is all hot air when it comes to agri commodities, you got weather, political forces, and other commodities you can grow on a plot of land. For ADM"the super market of the world" it simply means supply vs demand. The Jim Rogers but keeps telling us to buy commodities, he is pushing silver nowadays

#20149 4 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And the Market closes for the holiday on a 3 month high, nice!

Yeah, but will anyone accept all this cash spilling out of my pockets?

#20150 4 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Problem is you are preparing for something that may never happen. There is always upheaval in the world. Nothing new.
Lots of tools to detect counterfeit bills.

Pretty obvious from your responses you shouldn't buy gold. Nothing wrong with that.
Once you decide you are not going to be a part of something it makes it much easier and clearer what your path should be for your personal financial security.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 20,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 403 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/403?hl=pinball2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.