IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 417.
#19301 10 months ago

I think the key is that they were given an extra 4 days or so which is juuuust enough time for all the hijinks to ensue and wrap up.

The deal puts us in a tempest in a teapot situation.

#19302 10 months ago

My son just came in 1st
place in the Pennsylvania stock market simulation challenge.
10,000 high school seniors from accross Pennsylvania competed in the event sponsored by fidelity bank.
Each student was alloted $100,000 to invest for 10 weeks.
My son earned the top spot in the state by turning the $100,000 into 3.7 million by the end of week 10.

#19303 10 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

My son just came in 1st
10,000 high school seniors from accross Pennsylvania competed in the event sponsored by fidelity bank.
My son earned the top spot in the state by turning the $100,000 into 3.7 million by the end of week 10.

Curious to know his strategy ?
Assuming Tech heavy ?

#19304 10 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

My son just came in 1st

Thats awesome! the real trick would be if he can keep the 3.7mil after a year of trading. Gotta take some crazy risks to 37x your money in 10 weeks.

#19305 10 months ago
Quoted from F__U:

My son just came in 1st

Fidelity should offer him a high paying job as he know more than the rest of us about picking stocks

#19306 10 months ago

BofA thinks we may get a Fed hike in July.

Screenshot_20230530_124842_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230530_124842_Twitter (resized).jpg
#19307 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Sold C3 AI at 50% gains today. The AI craze is big right now, but it's going to go in waves.

I clearly sold AI too early, it's on fire right now.

#19308 10 months ago

Anyone else thinking about buying BUD after the big stock dip? If it drops to $45 it will be tie it's 3 year low, that would seem like a great buying opportunity, I'm sure it will bounce back long term.

#19309 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone else thinking about buying BUD after the big stock dip? If it drops to $45 it will be tie it's 3 year low, that would seem like a great buying opportunity, I'm sure it will bounce back long term.

Yep I was considering it... I generally buy these too early and sell too early as well though.

#19310 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

yup - in the high 40's I would take a look

#19311 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yup - in the high 40's I would take a look

If you were going to buy it I'd wait until the next earnings report. If it dips heavily that day, then buy it. Any harm done to the brand I think would be priced in at the next earnings report. I doubt people could be more ticked off with them than they are now so they'd have no place to go but up, but the true measure of how ticked off people are will not be evident until once again the next earnings report.

#19312 10 months ago

I think Bud is in trouble. Lots of brand switch and with shit beer once you change you don’t go back.

I live in a pretty conservative area that was very Bud loyal, now they can’t give it away. Maybe it bounces back but I don’t see it any time soon.

Natural light FTW

#19313 10 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Natural light FTW

LOL - also owned by the same company as bud light

https://www.anheuser-busch.com/brands

#19314 10 months ago

Which is why I also think it's just a dip. People have a short attention span - not sure Bud Light will ever recover but they have so many more products...

#19315 10 months ago

That is funny my buddy researched that a bunch.

I still would be very leery of a BUD bounce back any time soon.

#19316 10 months ago

I bought a chunk of Bud. They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon imo.

#19317 10 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I think Bud is in trouble. Lots of brand switch and with shit beer once you change you don’t go back.
I live in a pretty conservative area that was very Bud loyal, now they can’t give it away. Maybe it bounces back but I don’t see it any time soon.
Natural light FTW

I think alot of people did this, switch from one of their beers to another one, but that costs the company nothing. They are a big company with alot of brands, if one brand slumps, they will just invest the marketing money into another one. Bud Light has always been the big cheap beer at gay clubs and bars, maybe that's it's niche now and Natural Light becomes what people drink at sporting events, small town bars and buy cases of at the mini mart. Huge corporations know how to remarket their brands to keep sales up and history shows most of these boycotts are short-lived.

#19318 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think alot of people did this, switch from one of their beers to another one, but that costs the company nothing. They are a big company with alot of brands, if one brand slumps, they will just invest the marketing money into another one. Bud Light has always been the big cheap beer at gay clubs and bars, maybe that's it's niche now and Natural Light becomes what people drink at sporting events, small town bars and buy cases of at the mini mart. Huge corporations know how to remarket their brands to keep sales up and history shows most of these boycotts are short-lived. Since I live in liberal city, no one cares about the boycott, but be have about 2 dozen breweries here and everyone drinks microbrews anyway.

I miss the Mac and Jack's :'(

#19319 10 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Natural light FTW

Totally agree... did a big marketing study on beer drinkers in this country... so much tied to brand loyalty vs uniqueness of flavor and other factors... I think its NOT where you want to put your hard earned dollars. So many other opportunities versus waiting forever for a recuperation.

#19320 10 months ago

So many better places to invest than BUD. Stock peaked in 2017 and it's been downhill since.

I never drank Bud Lite but wow - goes to show you are better off to stay away from marketing to any controversial group.

#19321 10 months ago

Looks like Meta and INTC might get a good bump. Also amazon..is now into health care coverage...I know the stock hasn't gone anywhere yet but it's just a matter of time.

Screenshot_20230530_161251_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230530_161251_Email (resized).jpg
#19322 10 months ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I miss the Mac and Jack's :'(

It's on tap in every bar here! It's my reliable go to if all the rest of the beers are IPAs.

#19323 10 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's on tap in every bar here! It's my reliable go to if all the rest of the beers are IPAs.

Yeah I know I lived over there for a few years. I'd stop here on my way back from work and have a nice cold one.

IMG_20230531_210107600_HDR~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20230531_210107600_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
#19324 10 months ago

I have a couple friends who have been exclusively drinking Budweiser for close to 30 years. I was home last weekend and all were drinking PBR. I usually drink IIPAs, if I'm feeling like a swill beer I drink Bush Lite or PBR. Yes I realize Bush Lite is an Anheuser-busch product. I don't care about the add campaign, I believe in inclusivity and believe as Americans we should be free to do whatever we want to our own bodies. I do think the company may have made a pretty big mistake long term.

#19325 10 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Natural light FTW

I agree, AB seems more than short-term toxic right now, caught up as a poster child of stupid marketing. One thing AB was right about, beer sales have been declining for maybe a decade, with Craft beer, wine, and spirits eating away at the big brands. What they failed to understand though, was that through decades of clever advertising, the very blah tasting Bud Light took a surprisingly large market share, more than it should have had for its taste. I confess to not being a beer drinker, but the few times I've tried it, Bud Light seemed like a very average beer at best, and was usually a little more expensive in the bars I frequented. I think boycotts are usually short lived and rarely successful, but in this case, even a short-term boycott will give the average beer drinker a chance to try some different brands and a large chunk of them won't come back to Bud Light. Not necessarily because of the boycott, but because they found a beer that tastes better. Then we get into the flywheel effect, where it seems like the boycott is working, so it gets continued or grows due to media coverage reminding everyone of what led to the boycott in the first place. Given my disastrous 2022 and 2023 stock buying already, I should probably drop everything into AB and see if I could do any worse.

#19326 10 months ago
Quoted from taz:

I agree, AB seems more than short-term toxic right now, caught up as a poster child of stupid marketing. One thing AB was right about, beer sales have been declining for maybe a decade, with Craft beer, wine, and spirits eating away at the big brands. What they failed to understand though, was that through decades of clever advertising, the very blah tasting Bud Light took a surprisingly large market share, more than it should have had for its taste. I confess to not being a beer drinker, but the few times I've tried it, Bud Light seemed like a very average beer at best, and was usually a little more expensive in the bars I frequented. I think boycotts are usually short lived and rarely successful, but in this case, even a short-term boycott will give the average beer drinker a chance to try some different brands and a large chunk of them won't come back to Bud Light. Not necessarily because of the boycott, but because they found a beer that tastes better. Then we get into the flywheel effect, where it seems like the boycott is working, so it gets continued or grows due to media coverage reminding everyone of what led to the boycott in the first place. Given my disastrous 2022 and 2023 stock buying already, I should probably drop everything into AB and see if I could do any worse.

I was in alarm business and you make all the revenue on the alarm monitoring. The reoccurring revenue. I equate shitty beer to reoccurring revenue. No one buys it for taste. They buy it because it goes down easy, tastes like water and has a little bit of alcohol in it. Since no one really cares about taste, you mostly just pick a brand and stick with it. Until that brand does something really stupid and pisses you off. Then you switch to another brand and never look back because in the end it was never about the taste.

I don’t really care about the campaign, other then i am tired of social and political messages being shoved down my throat.

But i just don’t see this ending well for bud anytime soon.

#19327 10 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

That is funny my buddy researched that a bunch.
I still would be very leery of a BUD bounce back any time soon.

well, he sucks at research since the Anheuser Busch logo is on the can of natural light

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19328 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

So many better places to invest than BUD. Stock peaked in 2017 and it's been downhill since.
I never drank Bud Lite but wow - goes to show you are better off to stay away from marketing to any controversial group.

STZ

#19329 10 months ago

Our research guys like STZ, looked like a breakout last year but fizzled.

Not bad in this environment, I wish is paid a better dividend. We hold STZ in a lot of client accounts.

#19330 10 months ago

well, he sucks at research since the Anheuser Busch logo is on the can of natural light[quoted image]

Personally, I am waiting on the inevitable switch to Coors so I can drop some knowledge on him.

I do find it amusing how much TAP has been over performing BUD as of late.

#19331 10 months ago

Bought more AAPL. First stock I’ve bought in while.

IMG_4520 (resized).jpegIMG_4520 (resized).jpeg
#19332 9 months ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Personally, I am waiting on the inevitable switch to Coors so I can drop some knowledge on him.
I do find it amusing how much TAP has been over performing BUD as of late.

I switched to coors!

#19333 9 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Bought more AAPL. First stock I’ve bought in while. [quoted image]

AAPL will have trouble blowing through $181-182 IMO. Valuation is stretched but who knows... people are ignoring valuation again so could happen.

#19334 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

AAPL will have trouble blowing through $181-182 IMO. Valuation is stretched but who knows... people are ignoring valuation again so could happen.
[quoted image]

Apple has been one of my core buy and holds since 2013
When all my friends get rid of their apple products and I start walking by empty apple stores, I will sell
I feel like I am the only one I know that doesn't own any apple products

#19335 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

It’s above the Bolliger band now on pretty much all settings but between the new saving accounts Apple is offering and the VR headset demo coming this month figure it’s a good time all things considered.

#19336 9 months ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:It’s above the Bolliger band now on pretty much all settings but between the new saving accounts Apple is offering and the VR headset demo coming this month figure it’s a good time all things considered.

Apple has been one of my core buy and holds since 2013
When all my friends get rid of their apple products and I start walking by empty apple stores, I will sell
I feel like I am the only one I know that doesn't own any apple products

As a buy and hold stock - it's absolutely solid. As an entry point today - not the best IMO. Stock will be higher in 5 years for sure.

I don't own any Apple products but my wife and mom own the stock for years also.

#19337 9 months ago

Apple up 1,101% over 10 years. Thank you Apple! Life changer.

281% over 5 years. It takes some patience on those time frames.

47% ytd.

New all-time high today. Think you can "time the market"? GL

Still misunderstood by many. This consumer staple/growth/value/tech company uses its hardware as the center of the growing "flywheel" of SERVICES revenue that is set to re-accelerate along with higher gross margins.

Over 2 Billion active users now their hardware platform. India will be another growth driver.

My focus over the next 7-10 yrs. will be to take some chips off the massive profit pile that Apple has generated, as it moves towards my $210 price target, and add to our second largest position in MSFT and other AI potential.

Instead of Apple just being the only "buy and hold" and "buy more when it goes on sale" stock.

I'll be using that same strategy with a few of the other "magnificent seven" technology names when the opportunity presents itself again.

In the short-term? Energy, materials and Industrials should do well this summer!

#19338 9 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I switched to coors!

The Coors Pride can is awesome this year!

#19339 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll be using that same strategy with a few of the other "magnificent seven" technology names when the opportunity presents itself again.

What is this magical seven you speak of?

#19340 9 months ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What is this magical seven you speak of?

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/01/jim-cramer-names-his-magnificent-seven-stocks-that-are-the-real-deal.html

Cramer named these “Magnificent Seven” stocks as ones to keep an eye on: Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, Amazon, Meta, Tesla and Alphabet.

#19341 9 months ago

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/01/jim-cramer-names-his-magnificent-seven-stocks-that-are-the-real-deal.html
Cramer named these “Magnificent Seven” stocks as ones to keep an eye on: Apple, Microsoft, Nvidia, Amazon, Meta, Tesla and Alphabet.

While we have very significant holdings in all of these names less Tesla, it's not healthy for the market for these names to continue drag the index up.

We are using this rally to trim off some profits in some accounts and rebalance.

#19342 9 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Coors Pride can is awesome this year!

I see that you fail to understand the issue.

#19343 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

While we have very significant holdings in all of these names less Tesla, it's not healthy for the market for these names to continue drag the index up.
We are using this rally to trim off some profits in some accounts and rebalance.

We don't have to worry about dragging the index up unless that's what you are investing in. Market breadth is widening out and needs to if you are index investing.

The RSP equal weight S&P 500 is only up 1.38% ytd.

This is partly why this market has become the most hated rally ever. Energy, materials and Industrials look best right now for entry.

And this new "Vision Pro" from Apple. Wow, wow factor!!! Makes Meta's look like the 1980's.

Like everything else Apple does, it's freaking amazing!

Starting at $3,499, for what you get, it's a bargain. Pinball people should understand that.

#19344 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And this new "Vision Pro" from Apple. Wow, wow factor!!! Makes Meta's look like the 1980's.

They have yet to prove that .......

#19345 9 months ago

They have yet to prove that .......

Did you watch the release video just concluding Bill? Apple has never failed to prove out anything. Meta is mickey mouse by comparison.

#19346 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We don't have to worry about dragging the index up unless that's what you are investing in. Market breadth is widening out and needs to if you are index investing.
The RSP equal weight S&P 500 is only up 1.38% ytd.
This is partly why this market has become the most hated rally ever. Energy, materials and Industrials look best right now for entry.
Starting at $3,499, for what you get, it's a bargain. Pinball people should understand that.

Equal weight S&P still trending down this year. Dow transports not confirming. Handful of stocks driving the markets. Earnings on average trending down.

Got to be careful. Nice rally but it's not a bull market yet.

Sell some Apple, take profit and buy yourself a iVision VR headset. I'll buy a couple of Stern toppers instead, I hate those things on my head LOL.

#19347 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Equal weight S&P still trending down this year. Dow transports not confirming. Handful of stocks driving the markets. Earnings on average trending down.
Sell some Apple, take profit and buy yourself a iVision VR headset. I'll buy a couple of Stern toppers instead, I hate those things on my head LOL.

Precisely. A couple stocks holding up the whole thing. Kick them out and put them on their own index/exchange...... the Trillion 20 or something like that.

Of course once China invades and we blow up the TSMC factory..... then what happens to all these AI stonks?

#19348 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you watch the release video just concluding Bill? Apple has never failed to prove out anything. Meta is mickey mouse by comparison.

I watched, not ready to crown it as the best ever yet.

They have had their share of failures

1. The Apple Newton
2. Apple Pippin
3. Round Mouse
4. The Apple Macintosh Portable
5. The Power Mac G4 Cube
6. The U2 iPod
7. Apple eMate
8. Macintosh TV
9. eWorld
10. The Apple III
11. FireWire
12. Apple Lisa
13. 20th Anniversary Macintosh
14. iTunes Ping
15. MobileMe
16. Performa x200 Series
17. Homepod Original
18. iPod Hi-Fi
19. Apple Maps
20. iPhone 6

#19349 9 months ago

I am hopeful though that they are able to elevate the category like they have a tendency to do.

#19350 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Lol, yep! No i'd sell a pin or topper 1st, wouldn't report the cap gains. . Crazy that some toppers come close to that price. I saw an AS topper up for $2,700. No telling what a GB topper goes for.

Tom "perma bull" Lee has been right again all year thus far. Banging the table on FAANG since December when no one else was. His "Granny Shots" model is significantly outperforming the S&P 500 since early 2019.

Now it's Industrials, per Tom, based on strong fundamentals, momentum (IBD) and technicals, XLI above the 20day/200day moving averages.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 20,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/387 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.