IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 373 of 420.
#18601 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, but is this all just a fake out? It's not like we haven't seen a bunch of these positive days only to dwindle back down.

It’s been a significant month long rally off the lows from December. Market appears to be looking through to the 2nd half of the year and into 2024 when growth should spike again, significantly, and the Fed is cutting rates.

If there is another flush I’d be a buyer again.

VIX remains low. That’s what the rally needed.

Forgot to mention AMD and NVDA. Way off the lows AND their highs.

Google, TTD and even PINS popped AH on the Meta ad revenues. QQQ’s are up 13.78% ytd.

Could reverse in the short term? The talking heads like Bonds and emerging markets to outperform. ST nobody knows

#18602 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It appears that tech is not dead after all.
META, which I dislike a lot, is up big after hours because the market now thinks it got way oversold.
TSLA, GOOGL, MSFT, AAPL and rest of the Nasdaq.

Meta was a top pick for 2023 from our guys. I had been buying /adding through January. Valuation was very compelling. Other names are not nearly as compelling. Alphabet not too bad.

Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, but is this all just a fake out? It's not like we haven't seen a bunch of these positive days only to dwindle back down.

We could turn down again very quickly. A lot of earnings to come. A lot of resistance above.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Don't understand why gold jumped $25 after the fed announcement, but I'll take it. Getting clocked on my Sark right now.

Don't read too much into 1 day. Think longer trends. Trend is your friend.

#18603 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Marketwatch's lead article this afternoon is about Meta hitting 2 billion users for the first time in the history of the company and they are now talking up their AI plays every chance they get, coupled with better than expected earnings. That feels like more than a fake out.
If countries start banning Tik Tok, what companies profit? I notice Facebook is running alot of streaming videos in your news feed now. It seems like Meta's FB and Instagram would be the main benefactors of users and advertising if Tik Tok starts to get banned. Shit, maybe I need to buy some Meta, I sold all mine in the tech drop and put the money in oil.

Meta's advertising income is still a cash volcano. Seems like that has been overlooked.

#18604 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Meta was a top pick for 2023 from our guys. I had been buying /adding through January. Valuation was very compelling. Other names are not nearly as compelling. Alphabet not too bad.

Specifics? Come on man. You say it was a “top pick” AFTER the earnings report while repeating the talking point over and over in December that “tech was dead”.

And then say adding/buying AFTER the fact. No conviction level on anything except Oil which is down right now

On another point of review, RCL, which I stated I bought here after my Dec cruise is up 41% now YTD.

TECH is clearly NOT “dead”. Massive January rally that continues.

#18605 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Meta's advertising income is still a cash volcano. Seems like that has been overlooked.

That’s also why Google and TTD is spiking.

Btw, I’ve been “accumulating” TTD since the mid 40’s and GOOGL low 90’s.

Advertising isn’t going away AND the soft landing/shallow recession mantra is picking up steam.

All the talking heads reading their talking points have done a 180 since December.

#18606 1 year ago

iceman44 FANG is still nicely priced and waiting to see if it drops back down a couple of bucks to continue to accumulate. Thanks again for the tip on that. Market Edge still says to avoid it which tells me it is also still a good time to get in

#18607 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

iceman44 FANG is still nicely priced and waiting to see if it drops back down a couple of bucks to continue to accumulate. Thanks again for the tip on that. Market Edge still says to avoid it which tells me it is also still a good time to get in

I like it! OPEC+ maintained cuts, China demand, Div and valuation.

#18608 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Specifics? Come on man. You say it was a “top pick” AFTER the earnings report while repeating the talking point over and over in December that “tech was dead”.
And then say adding/buying AFTER the fact. No conviction level on anything except Oil which is down right now
On another point of review, RCL, which I stated I bought here after my Dec cruise is up 41% now YTD.
TECH is clearly NOT “dead”. Massive January rally that continues.

I never said "tech is dead". I said tech would underperform the market in 2023. BIG difference.

I also said Meta was a top pick for 2023. I didn't say it was a top pick yesterday and I was adding through January. Report was issued more than a month ago.

Please don't misquote me. 2 days of price action does not make a year.

#18610 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I never said "tech is dead". I said tech would underperform the market in 2023. BIG difference.
I also said Meta was a top pick for 2023. I didn't say it was a top pick yesterday and I was adding through January. Report was issued more than a month ago.

Besides, we've got some potential hand grenades in the post....the rates are still at a level that puts a damper on earnings and growth, without guidance going higher stocks go down. The 5% Fed rate is just now beginning to take effect. Also, a potential government default on our loans would guarantee a 2% downflush on that day alone. Yeah, as a Meta share holder I'm happy but I sold half of it this morning. I'm putting the proceeds in JEPI to collect some dividend while I wait to see how things shake out.

#18611 1 year ago

Just keep it simple and add some tech if you want. Large cap or small. You did not miss the boat here. It just got way oversold just like it was way overbought before.

Meta and TSLA are up bonkers this year but still 50% off their highs. From lower down the up percentages are higher, but the dollar amounts are lower, so from just the percentages they look like they are blowing off the top like 2020/21, but they are really just blowing up from their oversold bottoms. Keep this in mind.

Basic QQQ works and I hate Cathie and ARK but I recently added a couple percent of my portfolio in ARKK due to how oversold it was and I am a 51 year old fart. Risk adverse simply do SPY. Theres plenty of tech in there still even after the Index weight fundamentally changed from a higher tech Weight to lower last year. SPY also has more value which shouldn’t be forgotten with all the money flowing into tech so far this year.

I think tech should do well in the years ahead. But IMO I would not ditch value thinking the years ahead will be full risk on and all clear for QQQ and shitty ARKK to get to ATH’s like last 10 years. Remember if things slow guess which sector comes down hardest fastest. Same with the keep it simple plan on tech, pick a value sector like energy, pick a percentage in and stick with it, add on dips.

Most important point this year was and still is to get the low probability SaP 3200 in 2023 out of your head. Be honest - if we got there you would be too scared to buy anyway.

IMO I think inflation will get better but won’t go back to 2% target. I think it’s just tough talk. Inflation will continue lower and JP and folks will shrug and move on if we miss the 2%. Like even now not many folks care about inflation anymore. Getting used to it was the hard part. I also think interest rates will be higher in the future than they were the last 10 years. This will put more pressure on tech, especially smaller caps, in the years ahead compared to the last 10 years.

My saying would be “tech is wounded but oversold and was due for a lift, but value isn’t dead and will be more valuable to you in the future then it was last 10 years, don’t ditch it, and don’t fight the money coming in now from past higher inflation and current rising but close to topping interest rates.” Check out JXN which I recently added.

So after decades of “who cares?” we got a crash course on how inflation and suddenly higher interest rates hurt economies and markets on the shift, but now we need to learn how they add to the money supply after which will benefit equities in the years ahead. This is what I have been constantly going over since last year.

For example - The lower SS cola increases in 2020-22 were a tailwind because they lagged the rising inflation. This year is the reverse - Headwind flips to tailwind. I followed the Treasury payouts last month and saw the higher 2023 SS COLA’s adjustments added a total of $12 B more to the money supply then the 2022 January total SS payout. Even more then I expected. X 12 That’s $144 B, with a B, going to be added to the economy this year at last years “lagging” 8.7% inflation. - Tailwind!! The lower cola increases in 2020-22 were a headwind because they lagged the rising inflation. This year is the reverse - Headwind flips to tailwind this year. It’s like getting a raise and at the same time things are lower then last year including stocks - simple fundamentals no one looks at.

And SS COLA’s never go negative. They compound for the years ahead and this years 8.7% along with my predicted future elevated but not crazy inflation % will just compound the payouts nicely in the years ahead adding more to the money supply. The money supply outruns inflation like it pretty much always has the last 40 years. This is not the 1970’s folks. Sorry. With the higher COLA’s my Mom and Dad are stoked and going to Red Lobster a couple times more a month! Don’t short Red Lobster!

Look the economy and equities have worked fine in the past with higher interest rates and inflation. They were both so ridiculously low that last 15 ish years we forgot and that made “the headwind pivot” A lot more painful. We already had the reset now get used to the new normal of tailwinds from more and more money being added for folks to save, invest, spend and businesses to shoot for this year and I the years ahead. The money added is in the early innings.

I will put it bluntly - folks need to stop looking at how the headwind pivot of rising inflation and interest rates can hurt equities markets and economies and turn their focus on how rates and inflation once they top out and lower turn to tailwinds with huge amounts of money added to the money supply which will help equities that are oversold and a festering economy. 2022 was the painful pivot and 2023 is the money supply increase time.

Hope this helped.

#18612 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

There is nothing to “misquote”. You essentially say nothing specifically. Several times that “tech is on pause” and “use the opportunity to lighten up”.

That’s fine if that’s what you believe but anyone that can’t admit they got it wrong ever I tend to not listen to. I make plenty of mistakes.

Since you’ve “added” to META I assume you guys rode it all the way down.

I would take the bump and run. “2 days of price action”

When you challenge my specific calls and then do nothing more than talk to generalities in absolute terms that’s what you are gonna get back

Value will spend the rest of 2023 catching up to growth/tech

#18613 1 year ago

Not picking sides but kool1 did say that META probably bottomed and was a good value in early Jan. I still couldn't bring myself to buy any of it on principle for that company.

But I'd say sataneatscheese gets stock picker of the year award so far here in 2023 Even with the doubters (and I was one of them). What's your YTD so far on these man?

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

With my real world money I am down $674 across those stocks. Looking at what I have in them I have about $1000 each in CVNA and OPEN and a few hundred in the others. I still like them, but too many people only talk about their wins so here is the Kimono up.
NLST - 2.38 -30% -$7.20
CVNA - 35.78 -78% -$790
OPEN- 1.17 +45% +$450
AFRM- 88.69 -84% -150.19
COIN- 141.63 -63% -177.97
Across all of my individual stocks I am up about 6% YTD, but still down about 8% YOY.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

What the heck are you doing holding carvana - hoping for a buyout? That stock is a dead man walking...

#18614 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Reddit kids love it and are pumping it. It seems like it could be a pump and dump, which is all about timing, but I think it has at least a few days of big gains coming since their momentum is just starting to build.

Looks like Carvana is up another 18% today, nice work! There is another wave of MEME stocks and squeezes going on with massive gains, but don't end up a bag holder. When the momentum shifts, watch out.

#18615 1 year ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Not picking sides but kool1 did say that META probably bottomed and was a good value in early Jan. I still couldn't bring myself to buy any of it on principle for that company.
But I'd say sataneatscheese gets stock picker of the year award so far here in 2023 Even with the doubters (and I was one of them). What's your YTD so far on these man?

Quoted from nwpinball:

Looks like Carvana is up another 18% today, nice work! There is another wave of MEME stocks and squeezes going on with massive gains, but don't end up a bag holder. When the momentum shifts, watch out.

If only it was real money instead of monopoly money. My pre-Christmas $250,000 stock picks are now worth $600,000 in monopoly bucks.

ddss (resized).pngddss (resized).png

In real world dollars my personal after tax portfolio is up... but only 16.28% YTD and is almost exactly back up to where it was in January... 2022 after a horrific year long bleed. I did some readjustment early last month based off of what stocks were added and taken away from the VIGAX ETF.

My current after tax portfolio consists of (from largest holding to smallest holding):

NVR
BKNG
TPL
AZO
CMG
TSLA
ORLY
MTD
EQIX
LRCX
ADBE
TMO
NOW
HD
ULTA
SYK
REGN
CAN
NFLX
V
ENPH
DG
BA
NVDA
ADP
MCD
TXN
ADSK
COST
ISRG
AMZN
AMAT
CHTR
PYPL
GOOG
MSFT
CRM
DIS
MRNA
DHR
TJX
DXCM
MA
SHW
SBUX
SPGI
GOOGL
LLY
LIN
LOW
AMD
HES
FB
BIO
MU
AMT
NKE
AAPL
TMUS
UNP
LW
TDG
MKTX
ODFL
GWW
ROK
IDXX
MSCI
MPWR
PXD
ROP
ALNY
TDY
CTAS
SIVB
DPZ
FDS
UPS
EPAM
MLM
SBAC
WAT
POOL
KLAC
WST
SNPS
ZTS
TYL
AON
PAYC
CCI
COO
PSA
WDAY
MCO
ZBRA
QCOM
LULU
BURL
COIN
HUBS
IT
ALGN
ANSS
VRTX
EL
MDB
FLT
ROKU
PODD
IQV
LNG
ILMN
CRL
MSI
GNRC
RMD
ETSY
MTN
EFX
CRWD
TSCO
VRSN
VRSK
ALB
VMC
JBHT
VEEV
STE
NET
HSY
SUI
U
EXPE
ECL
BMRN
BR
TTWO
CDNS
APTV
ABNB
ZM
DLR
FRC
MAR
KEYS
SWKS
ATVI
HLT
SNOW
TEAM
SGEN
DASH
CL
DDOG
A
GDDY
FANG
CPRT
HEI
OKTA
GPN
PWR
BF/B
SQ
TW
PANW
BKI
HEI.A
BF/A
EA
LBRDK
ANET
INCY
TER
O
WCN
PKI
Z
ZG
MTCH
ZS
CTLT
YUM
IBKR
PAYX
HZNP
APP
EW
SPLK
RBLX
CPT
TRU
ROST
ZI
CZR
MRVL
FAST
CHWY
UDR
LYV
BILL
FTNT
FISV
EXAS
DOCU
TWLO
BALL
CSGP
TRMB
JKHY
MCHP
BSX
CHD
MNST
BX
INVH
TTD
ARES
PINS
ROL
WMG
APH
UBER
PATH
EQT
APO
SNAP
RCL
BRO
xm
SLB
LVS
LBRDP
DBX
EDR
PLUG
AVTR
AGL
HAL
TOST
MGM
BSY
RIVN
PLTR
MRO
CTRA
LPLA
SIRI
OLPX

Yes that is a ton of different stuff but I'm in 1 or 2 shares each on most of these.

#18616 1 year ago

It looks like CVNA took a turn down immediately after I posted.

#18617 1 year ago

If only it was real money instead of monopoly money. My pre-Christmas $250,000 stock picks are now worth $600,000 in

Oh, I wasn't responding to you, extraballingtmc posted a page back about taking a chance and buying Carvana in the $7 range before it started to really jump. For him it's real money.

#18618 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh, I wasn't responding to you, extraballingtmc posted a page back about taking a chance and buying Carvana in the $7 range before it started to really jump. For him it's real money.

I sold my shares in CVNA early last month. I was averaged in at about $80 a share.... 15 shares but still... ouch.

#18619 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Oil did peak with the war for now but if oil even holds $75-80 oil this year, sector should decently paying off debt and increasing dividends. I still think it's safer than most sectors in this environment and upside comes if China re-opens or other disruptions come as supply is tight and very little exploration. Long term story is solid.

Quoted from BRONX:
Anyone buying PayPal, Amazon, Tesla, or alphabet or meta this week?

Don't try and catch a falling knife - these stocks are getting more reasonable valuations but more downside is likely. Meta has probably bottomed though.

Don't want to "misquote" from 29 days ago. Once again, i don't care either way but let's own it and put it in context.

ALL tech has rallied significantly. The mistake made was that other tech doesn't have to reach the 12x multiple to say it "bottomed", there were many justified reasons why META dropped off the cliff.

I'll let you guys know after the bell whether or not i sold all of my Apple i bought at $129 and $125 before earnings or if i bought more.

#18620 1 year ago

If only it was real money instead of monopoly money. My pre-Christmas $250,000 stock picks are now worth $600,000 in monopoly bucks.
[quoted image]
In real world dollars my personal after tax portfolio is up... but only 16.28% YTD and is almost exactly back up to where it was in January... 2022 after a horrific year long bleed. I did some readjustment early last month based off of what stocks were added and taken away from the VIGAX ETF.
My current after tax portfolio consists of (from largest holding to smallest holding):
NVR
BKNG
TPL
AZO
CMG
TSLA
ORLY
MTD
EQIX
LRCX
ADBE
TMO
NOW
HD
ULTA
SYK
REGN
CAN
NFLX
V
ENPH
DG
BA
NVDA
ADP
MCD
TXN
ADSK
COST
ISRG
AMZN
AMAT
CHTR
PYPL
GOOG
MSFT
CRM
DIS
MRNA
DHR
TJX
DXCM
MA
SHW
SBUX
SPGI
GOOGL
LLY
LIN
LOW
AMD
HES
FB
BIO
MU
AMT
NKE
AAPL
TMUS
UNP
LW
TDG
MKTX
ODFL
GWW
ROK
IDXX
MSCI
MPWR
PXD
ROP
ALNY
TDY
CTAS
SIVB
DPZ
FDS
UPS
EPAM
MLM
SBAC
WAT
POOL
KLAC
WST
SNPS
ZTS
TYL
AON
PAYC
CCI
COO
PSA
WDAY
MCO
ZBRA
QCOM
LULU
BURL
COIN
HUBS
IT
ALGN
ANSS
VRTX
EL
MDB
FLT
ROKU
PODD
IQV
LNG
ILMN
CRL
MSI
GNRC
RMD
ETSY
MTN
EFX
CRWD
TSCO
VRSN
VRSK
ALB
VMC
JBHT
VEEV
STE
NET
HSY
SUI
U
EXPE
ECL
BMRN
BR
TTWO
CDNS
APTV
ABNB
ZM
DLR
FRC
MAR
KEYS
SWKS
ATVI
HLT
SNOW
TEAM
SGEN
DASH
CL
DDOG
A
GDDY
FANG
CPRT
HEI
OKTA
GPN
PWR
BF/B
SQ
TW
PANW
BKI
HEI.A
BF/A
EA
LBRDK
ANET
INCY
TER
O
WCN
PKI
Z
ZG
MTCH
ZS
CTLT
YUM
IBKR
PAYX
HZNP
APP
EW
SPLK
RBLX
CPT
TRU
ROST
ZI
CZR
MRVL
FAST
CHWY
UDR
LYV
BILL
FTNT
FISV
EXAS
DOCU
TWLO
BALL
CSGP
TRMB
JKHY
MCHP
BSX
CHD
MNST
BX
INVH
TTD
ARES
PINS
ROL
WMG
APH
UBER
PATH
EQT
APO
SNAP
RCL
BRO
xm
SLB
LVS
LBRDP
DBX
EDR
PLUG
AVTR
AGL
HAL
TOST
MGM
BSY
RIVN
PLTR
MRO
CTRA
LPLA
SIRI
OLPX
Yes that is a ton of different stuff but I'm in 1 or 2 shares each on most of these.

Certainly diversified Cheese!

#18621 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is nothing to “misquote”. You essentially say nothing specifically. Several times that “tech is on pause” and “use the opportunity to lighten up”.
That’s fine if that’s what you believe but anyone that can’t admit they got it wrong ever I tend to not listen to. I make plenty of mistakes.
Since you’ve “added” to META I assume you guys rode it all the way down.
I would take the bump and run. “2 days of price action”
When you challenge my specific calls and then do nothing more than talk to generalities in absolute terms that’s what you are gonna get back
Value will spend the rest of 2023 catching up to growth/tech

I didn't ever say what you said I did so you did misquote me.

Everyone makes mistakes.

I don't care if you listen to me.

We are not traders as I have said numerous times. Staying long Meta. Probably not buying more for now though.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Pure gambling. We have a client that insists on buying these MEME stocks from time to time. I actually told him to do the trades elsewhere last week.

Quoted from kvan99:

Besides, we've got some potential hand grenades in the post....the rates are still at a level that puts a damper on earnings and growth, without guidance going higher stocks go down. The 5% Fed rate is just now beginning to take effect. Also, a potential government default on our loans would guarantee a 2% downflush on that day alone. Yeah, as a Meta share holder I'm happy but I sold half of it this morning. I'm putting the proceeds in JEPI to collect some dividend while I wait to see how things shake out.

Ya, a lot of complacency in the market again. It's not a good sign.

#18622 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pure gambling. We have a client that insists on buying these MEME stocks from time to time. I actually told him to do the trades elsewhere last week.

It is for sure. You can definitely day trade them on your own if you want to follow the Reddit groups, see where the hype is building and try to time the pumps right. But that's alot more work than most investors want to do and it's still risky. You can't buy these through your brokerage, hold on to them for weeks, and expect them to play out in your favor.

#18623 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Still holding. Cost is 6 something so still doubled up but was almost tripled up this morning!

Not sure what to do, see what after hours brings I guess. Might crash might pump again I really have no guess lol.

#18624 1 year ago

That was very accommodating of FANG to drop a little bit to let me get a little more today. I am guessing the oil/sector day freakout is because of the noise that there are oil surpluses or some blah blah. FANG earnings are in a few weeks. Last year after earnings around this time the stock popped a little. Haven't looked yet in previous years.

Quoted from iceman44:

I like it! OPEC+ maintained cuts, China demand, Div and valuation.

#18625 1 year ago

I loosely follow Wallstreetsbets and Shortsqueeze on Reddit and have been totally tempted to jump into a couple of the current hyperiders, but I always have the same conundrum as you, when to sell before it dumps. A good strategy is to sell half when it doubles. Another half if it doubles again. That way you still have some if it blows up 900%, but you've cashed out at a profit along the way so if it dumps, you are still way ahead.

#18626 1 year ago

"Apple earnings fall short on underwhelming sales of iPhones and Macs"

So it may be good time to pick up Apple in a week or two after it's done dropping.

#18627 1 year ago

Oops!

#18628 1 year ago

Hey, I am happy FANG had it's bad day yesterday

#18629 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

So it may be good time to pick up Apple in a week or two after it's done dropping.

Dropping? Apple gets an “A”. Should have read the entire report and listened to the conference call.

Gross margins going UP, fx improving, supply chain, China, Services up, and most importantly the Apple flywheel keeps expanding along with user spend.

Best management and talent in the world.

Buy and hold, buy more when it goes on sale.

“Done dropping” pretty fast.

TSLA back to almost $200. Ford took a dump yesterday. Competition is tough.

#18630 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Apple is back to where it was in November. Numbers not good of course but holding up relatively speaking, and that's all they needed to do. That's why it gets a premium multiple.

Quoted from pinball2020:

That was very accommodating of FANG to drop a little bit to let me get a little more today. I am guessing the oil/sector day freakout is because of the noise that there are oil surpluses or some blah blah. FANG earnings are in a few weeks. Last year after earnings around this time the stock popped a little. Haven't looked yet in previous years.

So much noise in the oil market, always best to ignore it. Fundamentals remain very strong, nothing has changed. Buy on dips.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18631 1 year ago

Apple has SIGNIFICANTLY outperformed the rest of big cap tech over the past trailing 1 yr.

If it does happen to dip again, you know what to do.

I also picked up some Google today, the worst of the big 3 that reported yesterday.

The advertising cycle is cyclical and Google has gotten religion on “efficiency” and cost performance.

Apple, MSFT and Google for the win over the next 2-3 years. Not months, years.

If you are a Reddit investor, good luck!

#18632 1 year ago

Yeah, I was totally wrong on the reaction to Apple's poor sales, up 2.5% today!

#18633 1 year ago

AI is still on fire, up another 20% today, I wish I bought more than I did last week.

#18634 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

AI is still on fire, up another 20% today, I wish I bought more than I did last week.

AI is back from the dead. Up 135% ytd. 5% 1 yr.

Can they monetize what they have. Big short squeeze popping today.

Is this a Reddit roundup?

#18635 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

AI is back from the dead. Up 135% ytd. 5% 1 yr.
Can they monetize what they have. Big short squeeze popping today.
Is this a Reddit roundup?

Oddly not alot of buzz on Reddit about it. The AI stocks have gotten alot of press on Marketwatch and other investment sites though, as well as the general non stop stories about AI in the news the past couple weeks.

#18636 1 year ago

I've been in c3.AI since it opened, but man I am so underwater on it. :p Timing was way off.

#18637 1 year ago

[quoted image]
NVR
BKNG
TPL
AZO
CMG
TSLA
ORLY
MTD
EQIX
LRCX
ADBE
TMO
NOW
HD
ULTA
SYK
REGN
CAN
NFLX
V
ENPH
DG
BA
NVDA
ADP
MCD
TXN
ADSK
COST
ISRG
AMZN
AMAT
CHTR
PYPL
GOOG
MSFT
CRM
DIS
MRNA
DHR
TJX
DXCM
MA
SHW
SBUX
SPGI
GOOGL
LLY
LIN
LOW
AMD
HES
FB
BIO
MU
AMT
NKE
AAPL
TMUS
UNP
LW
TDG
MKTX
ODFL
GWW
ROK
IDXX
MSCI
MPWR
PXD
ROP
ALNY
TDY
CTAS
SIVB
DPZ
FDS
UPS
EPAM
MLM
SBAC
WAT
POOL
KLAC
WST
SNPS
ZTS
TYL
AON
PAYC
CCI
COO
PSA
WDAY
MCO
ZBRA
QCOM
LULU
BURL
COIN
HUBS
IT
ALGN
ANSS
VRTX
EL
MDB
FLT
ROKU
PODD
IQV
LNG
ILMN
CRL
MSI
GNRC
RMD
ETSY
MTN
EFX
CRWD
TSCO
VRSN
VRSK
ALB
VMC
JBHT
VEEV
STE
NET
HSY
SUI
U
EXPE
ECL
BMRN
BR
TTWO
CDNS
APTV
ABNB
ZM
DLR
FRC
MAR
KEYS
SWKS
ATVI
HLT
SNOW
TEAM
SGEN
DASH
CL
DDOG
A
GDDY
FANG
CPRT
HEI
OKTA
GPN
PWR
BF/B
SQ
TW
PANW
BKI
HEI.A
BF/A
EA
LBRDK
ANET
INCY
TER
O
WCN
PKI
Z
ZG
MTCH
ZS
CTLT
YUM
IBKR
PAYX
HZNP
APP
EW
SPLK
RBLX
CPT
TRU
ROST
ZI
CZR
MRVL
FAST
CHWY
UDR
LYV
BILL
FTNT
FISV
EXAS
DOCU
TWLO
BALL
CSGP
TRMB
JKHY
MCHP
BSX
CHD
MNST
BX
INVH
TTD
ARES
PINS
ROL
WMG
APH
UBER
PATH
EQT
APO
SNAP
RCL
BRO
xm
SLB
LVS
LBRDP
DBX
EDR
PLUG
AVTR
AGL
HAL
TOST
MGM
BSY
RIVN
PLTR
MRO
CTRA
LPLA
SIRI
OLPX

Dear lord this looks like you're doing your own index. hopefully you're able to do massive tax loss harvesting with a portfolio like that.

Market is def overbrought at the moment. Too much credit to JPow's dovish move on Wednesday. People still hoping we fire the printing press back up in the near future. IMO, there is still a lot to unwind and even with rate hikes slowing we still have QT to deal with. For all the technical traders, SPX 4300 will be an interesting resistance to see if this rally has legs. Complete toss up right now because we're seeing people reposition cash after the number of liquidations/rebalances at the end of last year. 2022 was good in that is made a lot of people disinterested in the market again. If short-term interest rates are going to remain elevated and QT is going to continue, we're still in need of major PE contraction to see US large-cap growth become an attractive buy. Hopefully it's not through a major crash and it's just consolidation as earnings are going to need time to catch up with these valuations.

#18638 1 year ago

Market beyond overbought. Tech earnings and guidance sucked. Short covering and gamma squeeze rallies. Fake bull market. That’s all I’m going to say until proven otherwise.

#18639 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Apple has SIGNIFICANTLY outperformed the rest of big cap tech over the past trailing 1 yr.
If it does happen to dip again, you know what to do.
I also picked up some Google today, the worst of the big 3 that reported yesterday.
The advertising cycle is cyclical and Google has gotten religion on “efficiency” and cost performance.
Apple, MSFT and Google for the win over the next 2-3 years. Not months, years.
If you are a Reddit investor, good luck!

Yo what’s up with HAL?

#18640 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yo what’s up with HAL?

Yo, it’s only up 2.5% ytd.

It’s not a month long investment

#18641 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Market beyond overbought. Tech earnings and guidance sucked. Short covering and gamma squeeze rallies. Fake bull market. That’s all I’m going to say until proven otherwise.

Ping me. Already proven otherwise? VIX.

Tech is “dead”.

Great analysis though.

#18642 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Short term it is and we are hitting technical resistance also. That said market definitely has a better feel to it the past month.. We shall see. A broad market breakout above 4200 is what we need for some preliminary confirmation. Couldn't do it yet and I didn't expect it yet, especially with the crazy payroll print today. Very strong employment numbers mean higher rates for longer is very likely.

#18643 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Short term it is and we are hitting technical resistance also. That said market definitely has a better feel to it the past month.. We shall see. A broad market breakout above 4200 is what we need for some preliminary confirmation. Couldn't do it yet and I didn't expect it yet, especially with the crazy payroll print today. Very strong employment numbers mean higher rates for longer is very likely.

I don’t know if we necessarily retest lows but I’m waiting on until 4300 before saying “we back”. A ton of tech has been beat to shit, but this pullback didn’t discriminate; they all got smoked regardless of whether they were a meme stock or viable business. Since mid 2021 I’ve been telling people, “when money gets tighter, fundamentals matter more.” Free cash flow growth, room to cut the fat, cash hoards, those are the things I’m looking for in longer term stuff. Short-term, there have been killer opportunities in specific parts. Bought RDFN at $3.80 recently because everyone was terrified…solid run into earnings over the past month. Everyone was already assuming the worst for the housing market. In fact, price drops will create more transactions. There will continue to be babies thrown out with the bath water as the media starts declaring whole industries dead because of a deceleration, i.e. Energy in 2014-2016, Retail(ex Amazon) 2011-2014, Banks 2008-Now.

#18644 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ping me. Already proven otherwise? VIX.
Tech is “dead”.
Great analysis though.

Tech is dead… fundamentally. Can’t account for short covering etc. My two largest positions are amazon and google bags from last year on quality dips. Earnings and guidance suck. Yea buying Tesla a month ago and making 90% in a month was the best play of the decade. Let’s see your buy order though. I only saw the nat gas one

I thought you only cared about fundamentals?

Vix likely hard bottomed this past week. Over 20 next week. I’ll ping you.

#18645 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yea we’re def range bound. Lot of mixed signals. Obviously last month was a great buying opportunity in hindsight. Fed presser also was somewhat of a macro game changer for sure. Then NFP come out and make it all that much more confusing. Crazy.

#18646 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Tech is dead… fundamentally. Can’t account for short covering etc. My two largest positions are amazon and google bags from last year on quality dips. Earnings and guidance suck. Yea buying Tesla a month ago and making 90% in a month was the best play of the decade. Let’s see your buy order though. I only saw the nat gas one
I thought you only cared about fundamentals?
Re: technicals Vix likely hard bottomed this past week. Likely over 20 next week. I’ll ping you.

#18647 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I thought you cared about fundamentals? Vix has hard bottomed this past week. Likely over 20 next week. I’ll ping you.

Short covering? I don’t think so. Unless you are talking about the top 2 most heavily shorted stocks, Carvana, around 65%, and Silvergate, 71% of float. That’s a short squeeze. Most tech had very little short %

The biggest mistake you are making is thinking Tech is “dead” fundamentally and it just played out. The past 90 days or future 180 days? The market is way ahead of that time frame.

Watch what we be pinging about in June/July

Well you bought AMZN, not me. Google? Have a little patience. . Just bought some Google off this last poor quarter

Now my Apple “buy orders” worked out quite well, for the past several YEARS here, along with AMD, NVDA, RCL and PARA to name a few recently. AXP

I actually post my positions, unlike others, and you can always see my top 10 holdings on the 13F

Apple is the perfect example, investors looked through the 3 month numbers and forward to what’s coming the rest of the year and into 2024/25. “Fundamentals”.

The VIX has been down and will stay low, driving stocks higher in 2023 and MORE important than short term “earnings revisions” that are set to rebound in the second half

“Efficiency” is the new buzzword for tech, layoffs across the board, with the exception of Apple who is just pausing is certain areas and hiring in others such as engineering.

META is back to being an “advertising” rev company. I don’t trust the management as they tried to fundamentally change the direction of the company and is still down 41% from previous highs. Thus, I’m out for now, MUCH better options for the LONGER TERM future, like Google and MSFT

Here’s your “buy order” for me right now for the upcoming NAT GAS cycle, not a long term hold but for the next swing. UNG and BOIL for the adventurous and more PXD

Just bought BOIL at $5.57 yesterday. To go along with my $8.50 purchase. If we get a 4 handle, I’ll hit it again.

My largest positions are still in ENERGY and AAPL of course for all the reasons previously discussed.

So I’ll ping you when NAT GAS, which has extremely overcorrected to the downside, below 30 on the RSI for over a month and positive tailwinds ahead, including LNG Freeport, breaks out. GL

#18648 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My Energy positions in order of size are
FANG (far and away #1 position). Superior management
HES (Guyana find and partnership with XOM, excellent takeover candidate)
XOM
MRO Marathon
EOG
PRMRF. Paramount Resources. Family owned, cheap valuation
RRC Range resources
DVN Devon Energy
CDDRF Headwater
PXD. Pioneer
Really all of these guys have demonstrated great management and execution.

I’ve since added OXY, VLO and shifted OIH to HAL

#18649 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is one of my main models I will be doing a rebalance on tomorrow to get more “conservative” in the short term. Depends on age, risk tolerance and overall client suitability
I’m adding COWZ and AXP again, increasing BIL allocation.
This model ONLY represents the theoretical “60” part of the portfolio
With Irebal in TD Ameritrade I lock positions I don’t want to trade such as Apple, MSFT, some Energy names etc and then the excess $$$ goes into the model.
I’m looking for 2 things. S&P drops to 3,500 first and then FED pauses as Inflation data stays positive, then the guardrails come back off
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No drop in S&P yet….

Took gains in O’Reilly and GPC, PRG and a few others. Had added back AMD, TSLA, OXY, KO for PEP, VLO etc

Will post my current conservative model. NOT a Reddit model

#18650 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yea buying Tesla a month ago and making 90% in a month was the best play of the decade. Let’s see your buy order though. I only saw the nat gas one

When did this thread turn into a dick measuring contest?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 373 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/373 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.