Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 421.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am not sure what your point is but here is the DOW for the year 2009:
[quoted image]

His point was GOP vs Dem's

#1752 4 years ago

I was trying to time the market. I sold off a decent chunk at the start of this and put 15% back in yesterday. I bought: KTOS, HON, AAPL, TSLA, and GE. Still going to hold most of it until after the elections.

#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Was how people were heading for the exit. Past 2 weeks feels just like March 2009.

No the end of 2018 felt like 2009 this is like the end of the 2018 drop when Trump's trade policy crashed the market

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1 - I didn’t state anything political. Your bias is coming through.
2 - I used Jan - March 09 because March represented the bottom.

We have yet to determine the bottom so march 2009 may not be the best comparison

#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any recommended dividend stocks right now? Ford at 10%, crazy. Thanks.

Ignore Div yield look into Div growth history AMGN Div %3.23 5 year annual growth %15.16 XOM %8.31 div 5 year annual growth %4.75

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Makes sense. We tend to be a little more active in our trading so if we find an investment that is going sideways and we think that if there is a better opportunity somewhere else at the time (factoring in dividends), we tend to move over. I hate having dead money locked up.

I agree, but sometimes you have a sideways market and earning 5% returns from a solid company is not bad - especially in a bear market

#1757 4 years ago

They can always and usually do yank or lower the dividends if their profits are down and the company is struggling.

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I was dumb and bought the last dip. Luckily not all of my cash though, still have a chunk to trade when we finally hit bottom.
We just had conference after conference cancel at work. Im not buying shit for a while.

maybe dumb today - but i think all we be find 1-2 years from now
It never feels good buying against the market

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

maybe dumb today - but i think all we be find 1-2 years from now
It never feels good buying against the market

Im priced to buy my favorite, ITOT, at $56.15...I dont know if well make it that low. Im thinking of turning it up a little to maybe $58.50...

#1760 4 years ago

Looks like the early morning relief rally has faded. But the day is still young.

Some of you talk about Boeing. I think Boeing, a major DOW stock, will see $200.00 per share as this virus crisis (or whatever you want to call it) continues.

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Looks like the early morning relief rally has faded. But the day is still young.
Some of you talk about Boeing. I think Boeing, a major DOW stock, will see $200.00 per share as this virus crisis (or whatever you want to call it) continues.

Their issues go beyond and before the virus though...

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Their issues go beyond and before the virus though...

True enough. This is all bad news for Boeing. The 737 Max has been grounded for almost a year. And when it looked like perhaps the 737 could be made flight worthy again, airliners around the world are reeling. That could affect order flow.

The dividend yield os around 3% but how much pain can Boeing take before its dividend could be cut back?

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Boeing is probably overpriced at $200 at this point in time

#1764 4 years ago

Who makes the bulk of hand sanitizer, P & G?
Prob too late to get in on that bubble.

#1765 4 years ago

PG is still down.

#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Boeing is probably overpriced at $200 at this point in time

It's going to take Boeing a long time to rebound.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's going to take Boeing a long time to rebound.

I don't think any airline-related stocks have come close to hitting bottom

#1768 4 years ago

Strange day in the market. It was up big and now down a little.

#1769 4 years ago

Boeing's stock chart looks like death warmed over. We'll se what happens. If it hits $200 then perhaps even lower.

Boeing Everett has already sent some people with just the sniffles home. Not taking any chances.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 10.54.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-10 at 10.54.17 AM (resized).png

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Strange day in the market. It was up big and now down a little.

The half-point rate cut did not work. The proposed paycheck tax cut does not appear to be working. What options does the govt. have left?

I do find it interesting that the first tax cuts were for the wealthy and when it was time for a middle class tax cut, the finance people said the budget could not handle a middle class tax cut and so it takes a market swoon for a middle class tax cut to happen.

#1771 4 years ago

Does anyone know how much of the market is represented by 401ks? I can't find any numbers.

#1772 4 years ago

With a 20 year horizon I'm trying to accumulate solid large cap stocks with healthy dividends that are at or below book value. I bought BAC today.

#1773 4 years ago

I also completely exited the stock market about 5 months ago and have been waiting to re enter. I will dollar cost average as needed.

#1774 4 years ago

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/wine-and-dine-half-marathon-weekend/

5K sold out within 30 minutes.
10K within 45 minutes.
Half Marathon within 2.5 hours.
2 Course Challenge in a little over an hour.

Last year's Wine & Dine races, was a couple days for the 5K, almost a week for the 10K, and about 2 weeks for the half marathon and 2 course challenge to all sell out.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

His point was GOP vs Dem's

When it comes to investing, my point is never political.

One when views the market through politics (meaning GOP vs democrat), one will lose money 100% of the time.

#1776 4 years ago

How much you want to bet that the payroll tax cut is going to come out of your Social Security deduction. It's already insolvent after 2035, might as well bump it up a few years!

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The half-point rate cut did not work. The proposed paycheck tax cut does not appear to be working. What options does the govt. have left?
I do find it interesting that the first tax cuts were for the wealthy and when it was time for a middle class tax cut, the finance people said the budget could not handle a middle class tax cut and so it takes a market swoon for a middle class tax cut to happen.

The economy is not in bad shape oil and the virus could turn GDP negative but the market is not the economy time is what is needed not rate cuts

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When it comes to investing, my point is never political.
One when views the market through politics (meaning GOP vs democrat), one will lose money 100% of the time.

If it were not political you would have brought up the chart without mentioning Obama once you pointed out the drop as an Obama drop it was political

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

the payroll tax cut

Stupid question here, but how is this related to the coronavirus? I keep hearing it's a response to it, but I don't understand how.

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Stupid question here, but how is this related to the coronavirus? I keep hearing it's a response to it, but I don't understand how.

To give people extra spending cash to stimulate the economy

#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Just like the stimulus checks back during the housing crash. We all got $800! lol...not happening again. This is their attempt at it. Thanks for the pennys.....sad.

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Quoted from JodyG:
the payroll tax cut

Because when you are out on unpaid sick leave with the virus, you don't want too many taxes on your payroll that you aren't earning. Should provide a Yuuuuuge boost to the economy.

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Because when you are out on unpaid sick leave with the virus, you don't want too many taxes on your payroll that you aren't earning. Should provide a Yuuuuuge boost to the economy.

Payroll taxes are only calculated on earnings, not unearned income due to non paid leave.

#1784 4 years ago

thanks all. Pinside is definitely the most American message board I hang around on, so sometimes I have to figure out what y'all are up to

#1785 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Payroll taxes are only calculated on earnings, not unearned income due to non paid leave.

It was sarcasm. Sorry forgot the:

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If it were not political you would have brought up the chart without mentioning Obama once you pointed out the drop as an Obama drop it was political

Obama got sworn in, didn’t cause a drop. Stimulus passed, market dropped.

Trump is president, doesn’t cause a drop. Coronavirus starts to spread, market dropped.

Stop being overly political. Again, I will make this as clear as I possibly can...people who make their investment decisions based on politics will lose money 100% of the time.

I have zero control over who the president is...but I have 100% control over my portfolio.

BTW, show me where I said it was an “Obama drop”...

However, I can show you a post on this thread where I put 100% of the blame for a sell off on Trump for things he said.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It was sarcasm. Sorry forgot the:

Ah, got it.

#1788 4 years ago

With oil getting butchered yesterday, I wonder if it's time to buy some more XOM or maybe wait a bit longer. The analyst opinions seem to be all over the place...

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

With oil getting butchered yesterday, I wonder if it's time to buy some more XOM or maybe wait a bit longer. The analyst opinions seem to be all over the place...

Why step under a falling knife? XOM has given up 20 years worth of gains. If you don't buy now I see little chance of it running away without you. Let a base build first.

It does have a nice 8% dividend yield at today's prices. But I don't know enough about Exxon to say anything regarding if that dividend will stay or get cut.

8% is tempting for a company of Exxon's caliber.

Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 7.23.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-09 at 7.23.13 PM (resized).png

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trump is president, doesn’t cause a drop. Coronavirus starts to spread, market dropped.
Stop being overly political. Again, I will make this as clear as I possibly can...people who make their investment decisions based on politics will lose money 100% of the time.
I have zero control over who the president is...but I have 100% control over my portfolio.
BTW, show me where I said it was an “Obama drop”...
However, I can show you a post on this thread where I put 100% of the blame for a sell off on Trump for things he said.

"The investment advice is to ignore the noise and stay the course. Don't forget March 2009. When Obama got sworn in, market was around 9,500. After the Stimulus got passed, it went down to around 6,600 in March. People were headed to the exits. I even remember Sean Hannity saying he was selling stock...I remember thinking to myself what a terrible move." post #1691

#1791 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Why step under a falling knife? XOM has given up 20 years worth of gains. If you don't buy now I see little chance of it running away without you. Let a base build first.
It does have a nice 8% dividend yield at today's prices. But I don't know enough about Exxon to say anything regarding if that dividend will stay or get cut.
8% is tempting for a company of Exxon's caliber.
[quoted image]

The entire energy industry has been a dog for the last 5 years

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So what? You are whining about the last 1700 points of a 7000 point drop, after which the market bottomed, turned around, recovered all of the drop plus some extra points. How come you don't talk about the market climb from 7000 points to 16000 points? Or is there just an 8 year period of time that you have problems with?

#1793 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

"The investment advice is to ignore the noise and stay the course. Don't forget March 2009. When Obama got sworn in, market was around 9,500. After the Stimulus got passed, it went down to around 6,600 in March. People were headed to the exits. I even remember Sean Hannity saying he was selling stock...I remember thinking to myself what a terrible move." post #1691

Excellent...you proved me 100% right.

I never said it...so haha...just for the love of God, please grow up.

Guess it's a little above your reading comprehension where I said "to ignore the noise and stay the course."

Quoted from cottonm4:

So what? You are whining about the last 1700 points of a 7000 point drop, after which the market bottomed, turned around, recovered all of the drop plus some extra points. How come you don't talk about the market climb from 7000 points to 16000 points? Or is there just an 8 year period of time that you have problems with?

Not whining...Where on earth do you get this? I'm taking that short term drop and I'm comparing it to this short term drop.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comparison

1 : the act or process of comparing: such as
a : the representing of one thing or person as similar to or like another
His poetry invites comparison with the poems of Robert Frost.

I'm only going to say this once...if people want to know what I'm doing in the market, I will keep supplying that information. But if this absolute childish garbage...yes, childish garbage continues, where losers are going to make up crap that I said, then I'm out of here.

I have a strict rule: Not to waste my time arguing with people who are clearly inferior to me. The past 24 hours, I've been bending it...time to put it back in full force.

#1794 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Excellent...you proved me 100% right.
I never said it...so haha...just for the love of God, please grow up.
Guess it's a little above your reading comprehension where I said "to ignore the noise and stay the course."

Not whining...Where on earth do you get this? I'm taking that short term drop and I'm comparing it to this short term drop.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comparison
1 : the act or process of comparing: such as
a : the representing of one thing or person as similar to or like another
His poetry invites comparison with the poems of Robert Frost.
I'm only going to say this once...if people want to know what I'm doing in the market, I will keep supplying that information. But if this absolute childish garbage...yes, childish garbage continues, where losers are going to make up crap that I said, then I'm out of here.
I have a strict rule: Not to waste my time arguing with people who are clearly inferior to me. The past 24 hours, I've been bending it...time to put it back in full force.

You brought up Obama and the drop in the same sentence for the love of God please grow up

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You brought up Obama and the drop in the same sentence for the love of God please grow up

Bye...good luck everyone. I’m out of here.

I made it clear that I’m not dealing with losers.

#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Bye...good luck everyone. I’m out of here.
I made it clear that I’m not dealing with losers.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass loser

#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

If you're into dividend payers, Exxon is at a 52 week low, Chevron is close. Walgreens is near a 2 year low, with 44 years of dividend increases and buys back shares each quarter. Plus they have the potential go-private buyout hanging over them.
They aren't the elegant high flyers, but a portfolio needs a few quality dividend payers to keep it grounded.

Be careful following advice on the page as this same poster recommended Exxon again today with a %35 drop since his pryer recommendation

#1799 4 years ago

I can’t see XOM cutting dividends after 37 years of raising dividends. XOM also is involved with downstream refining and gas stations as well as chemicals which aren’t that effected by low oil prices. Likely XOM will pick up on cheap small oil companies that are struggling.

#1800 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can’t see XOM cutting dividends after 37 years of raising dividends. XOM also is involved with downstream refining and gas stations as well as chemicals which aren’t that effected by low oil prices.

Take a look at XOM 5 year cart vs the S&P energy has been shit since the crash in the fall 2014

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.