dice2.gif
CRKOiJKW8AEBcWZ.jpg (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
A00B4E1B-B13F-4182-A02B-41D46615FA6D (resized).png
62D898B2-7740-482E-BA91-A2108B8E343D (resized).png
chart (resized).png
A44BFBC1-705A-494D-871B-357D3360A1E2 (resized).png
Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 19-59-40 randy glasberg financial advice at DuckDuckGo (resized).png
drop.gif
200.gif
istockphoto-1010064526-612x612 (resized).jpg

There are 17,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 351.
#17501 5 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Foreign exchange is nuts too. Euro is at parity with the dollar again. When I moved from Japan 10 years ago it was 75 yen to the dollar. As a general rule, looking around town things that cost about $1 cost 100 Yen so that was a huge hinderance to taking the family out. This morning it is 143 yen to the dollar. Stuff like that makes exporting hard and adds up.

US multinationals are going to take a huge currency hit. Never want the USD this strong.

#17502 5 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

US multinationals are going to take a huge currency hit. Never want the USD this strong.

If I was still in uniform and stationed in Japan I'd be having a field day. Example... PS5 is 49,900 Yen in Japan and $500 in the USA. Thats about $350 in US to Yen exchanged dollars at 143 yen to the dollar. However on the flip side that John Deer Tractor made in the USA gets really expensive and hard to sell over there.

#17503 5 days ago

If I was still in uniform and stationed in Japan I'd be having a field day. Example... PS5 is 49,900 Yen in Japan and $500 in the USA. Thats about $350 in US to Yen exchanged dollars at 143 yen to the dollar. However on the flip side that John Deer Tractor made in the USA gets really expensive and hard to sell over there.

When I was stationed in Spain - we would take multiple trips to Turkey for exercises. Each time the Lira got weaker, but the local vendors always "adjusted" their prices so everything always cost about the same.

#17504 4 days ago

Ouch...

#17505 4 days ago

I don't know what will happen in the market tomorrow, but I'm giving a better than even chance Russia announces full war mobilization by the end of the month (September 2022), a spike in oil prices, the Euro trading for under a dollar, and a 5% + crash in the German stock market.

#17506 4 days ago

I don't know what will happen in the market tomorrow, but I'm giving a better than even chance Russia announces full war mobilization by the end of the month (September 2022), a spike in oil prices, the Euro trading for under a dollar, and a 5% + crash in the German stock market.

All of the above in 10 days? I think I'd take the other side of that bet.

#17507 4 days ago

If I was a betting man I say we get a rally post fed announcement. Set up is all there.

I don't make those bets though. Buy oil on the dip.

#17508 4 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

If I was a betting man I say we get a rally post fed announcement. Set up is all there.

I heard the same this morning on the shows. Not willing to throw down money, but I may cherry pick today and tomorrow morning

#17509 4 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Oil companies? Like Exxon, etc?

#17510 3 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Oil companies? Like Exxon, etc?

Sure - collect a dividend now and you should not only get stability but good growth also.

My favorite is COP.

#17511 3 days ago

Who is up for some new lows? C'mon snake eyes....

dice2.gif
#17512 2 days ago

You would need a significant negative shock to make new lows here.

Could happen but I still think the S&P will likely bounce.

#17513 2 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

You would need a significant negative shock to make new lows here.
Could happen but I still think the S&P will likely bounce.

100 points to go...

#17514 2 days ago

Foreign exchange is nuts too. Euro is at parity with the dollar again. When I moved from Japan 10 years ago it was 75 yen to the dollar. As a general rule, looking around town things that cost about $1 cost 100 Yen so that was a huge hinderance to taking the family out. This morning it is 143 yen to the dollar. Stuff like that makes exporting hard and adds up.

Does this mean the Japanese auto manufacturers will be lowering their prices in the USA?

#17515 1 day ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

100 points to go...

Looks like intraday we will get through there on the open. Looks really ugly this morning.

#17516 1 day ago

Energy is getting clocked today down 8%

#17517 1 day ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looks like intraday we will get through there on the open. Looks really ugly this morning.

bounced off it at 12:30

#17518 1 day ago

Well, it has arrived....the panic selling has begun. Powell really blew it.

#17519 1 day ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, it has arrived....the panic selling has begun. Powell really blew it.

Powell is just trying to clean up the mess.

#17520 1 day ago

3636 looks like it will hold today

#17521 1 day ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Powell is just trying to clean up the mess.

The mess he and his cronies created in the first place.

#17522 1 day ago
Quoted from loneacer:

The mess he and his cronies created in the first place.

WTF is a central bank for other than manipulating other peoples ideals on the market. Let the free market set prices.

#17523 1 day ago

This isn't bad news, this is opportunity. Sifting through who will survive or die is the hard part.

#17524 1 day ago

Fed deadset to over tighten and break economy. Stocks ultimately go lower until guidance changes.

#17525 1 day ago

I am gonna load up here at some point. All on red baby!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
$ 85.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
$ 6.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,525 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 351.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!