IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 417.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

It is either 1987 or 1928.
What do you think?
- Lyman

Hey guys,

How do you think Monday's open is going to look?

I don't know...

- Lyman

#1602 4 years ago
imagesG5P5PRRU (resized).jpgimagesG5P5PRRU (resized).jpg
#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Hey guys,
How do you think Monday's open is going to look?
I don't know...
- Lyman

mini 1987

#1604 4 years ago

Australia dropped 8% today massive fall.

#1605 4 years ago

I only started investing in the ASX September last year and have a taken a punt on a number of stocks, choosing a diversified portfolio. Health care, Materials, Energy, Financials.

My portfolio has been Smashed to pieces in the last week with 30% loss across the board, I'm not gonna panic, just looking forward to when things get better again.

Word on the street is to stay away from Gold, I don't get it ? Gold stocks seem to always be on a good run.

In the meantime I feel its a good time to buy and have started looking for a couple of decent Aussie or Global ETF's.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

holy carp! At first glance I thought I misread the decimal place, but yeah 10% plunge!
OIL
-4.62 (-10.07%)
15:59 PM, MAR 06

32.09, baby! (-22.26%)

looks like Saudia Arabia and Russia are having an oil slapfight while the rest of the world is still shaky from Coronovirus. Not the best news for stronks!

#1607 4 years ago

Many buying opportunities in coming weeks/months when dust settles. I predict dow will go under 18k by end of month.

#1608 4 years ago

Too late to buy VXX? Wish I held my $25 calls from last week, lost out big today.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Many buying opportunities in coming weeks/months when dust settles. I predict dow will go under 18k by end of month.

that's one helluva short, but godspeed man, if that bet pans out for you...

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

32.09, baby! (-22.26%)
looks like Saudia Arabia and Russia are having an oil slapfight while the rest of the world is still shaky from Coronovirus. Not the best news for stronks!

The US, the #1 oil producer, can't afford to produce at these levels. A large percentage of US rigs will be shutting down similar to 2014-16.

#1611 4 years ago

down 7% circuit breaker just went off.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

down 7% circuit breaker just went off.

Probably just a fuse

#1613 4 years ago

Bloodbath this morning.

Apple down to 270.

When am I supposed to buy it again?

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bloodbath this morning.
Apple down to 270.

Today. If it drops again buy some more. Then hold it for years.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bloodbath this morning.
Apple down to 270.

Not yet!

2394CB1A-F9D2-4EB5-8360-617EB81C56B6 (resized).png2394CB1A-F9D2-4EB5-8360-617EB81C56B6 (resized).png
#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We just had two of the highest point gain days in history between 4-5% gain in two of the last 3 days. If people were waiting for a sign to buy they may have already missed it. Whereas with me, I never sold any and didn't have to time when to get back in.

#1617 4 years ago

A lot of damage has already occurred relative to travel, general commerce, and major supplied chain disruptions. 4-7% from the top is not coming for a long time (that's what I see in the tea leaves).

Central banks around the world have been lowering interest rates for years now, there's not much more in the tool box to prop and support growth.
The uncertainty around this virus is crazy right now. In my opinion, there is a legitimate and severe concerns causing governments like Italy for example to take extreme measures; never seen reactions like this to a flu virus (what don't we know right now? What do they now, we don't?)

I won't give advice on buying dips, if I did that on Friday, I'd be hosed right now. I do think the markets are oversold, so if you put money in today, I think you would be very happy with that decision come July/August. You need to look at this long term, and in the short term it's fricking "chicken little" right now. That's generally where buyer's profit in the long run.

Anyone want to buy some pins? I've got some for sale

#1618 4 years ago

I kind of thought gun stocks would go up during this, but apparently people are still more scared of guns than viruses.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

A lot of damage has already occurred relative to travel, general commerce, and major supplied chain disruptions. 4-7% from the top is not coming for a long time (that's what I see in the tea leaves).
Central banks around the world have been lowering interest rates for years now, there's not much more in the tool box to prop and support growth.
The uncertainty around this virus is crazy right now. In my opinion, there is a legitimate and severe concerns causing governments like Italy for example to take extreme measures; never seen reactions like this to a flu virus (what don't we know right now? What do they now, we don't?)
I won't give advice on buying dips, if I did that on Friday, I'd be hosed right now. I do think the markets are oversold, so if you put money in today, I think you would be very happy with that decision come July/August. You need to look at this long term, and in the short term it's fricking "chicken little" right now. That's generally where buyer's profit in the long run.

iv got a few crates of toilet paper if u wanna trade

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Central Banks use monetary policy to "fix" demand issues. When an economy slows, they lower interest rates making borrowing cheaper, which is supposed to encourage borrowing to invest in business opportunities which is supposed to then cause growth in the economy. One can argue the borrowing has mostly gone into stock buybacks and asset inflation, not exactly productive economic activity IMHO.

This is a supply issue. China has shut down big parts of their economy and we won't be able to get the manufactured goods or components we need. There is somewhat of a demand issue, sure, with flying and discretionary travel purchases, but no amount of cheap money will make people risk getting sick. Central bank is powerless against this with its tool kit. Things will be better when a vaccine comes out, but until then, supply shortages will happen, people will quarantine, economic pain will be real, and layoffs are coming.

#1621 4 years ago
sz9rz (resized).jpgsz9rz (resized).jpg
#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I think being happy in July/August is far too early as for oversold Alen Greenspan quote “irrational exuberance.” toke place a full two years before the crash with all the computer controlled selling fundamentals mean less and less

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I'm starting to wonder if banking on unlimited continued growth was a good long-term strategy

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I think being happy in July/August is far too early as for oversold Alen Greenspan quote “irrational exuberance.” toke place a full two years before the crash with all the computer controlled selling fundamentals mean less and less

Your probably right. I'm with you there.

Bullish on Pins (is my dream now):

My wife thinks folks should be buying pins when/if a schools close down. It's going to be nice to have lots of in-home entertainment options.

#1625 4 years ago

For the time to buy follow bonds sock volume and the vix

#1626 4 years ago

This market is so incredibly oversold.

Fact: Lower oil means higher profits for all companies (except oil companies).

Fact: Lower interest rates, means lower borrowing costs for everyone. I saw earlier, that Bank of America stopped taking on new mortgage refinancing applications because they are so overwhelmed.

Fact: The press has gone to town in creating a coronavirus hysteria. I had a doctor appointment this morning and my doctor said seeing the press flat out lie about coronavirus made him sick to his stomach. He said it isn't the measles, where it just rapidly spreads. He said this virus is actually difficult to spread, because it can only enter your body through the eyes, nose or mouth and only through bodily fluids. He also went on to say that the virus dies within minutes of exiting the body.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He said it isn't the measles, where it just rapidly spreads. He said this virus is actually difficult to spread, because it can only enter your body through the eyes, nose or mouth and only through bodily fluids.

I'm no doctor, but isn't that precisely how the Measles spreads?

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I'm no doctor, but isn't that precisely how the Measles spreads?

Measles is highly contagious. It can live out of the body for 2 hours.

Coronavirus dies after a few minutes outside of the body.

For instance, look at a cruise ship. Outbreak of measles and 90% of the ship will be sick (hypothetically speaking no one has the vaccine). Look at the cruise ships that have coronavirus, not many people will have it.

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Got a source for that besides a single MD you talked to? Sounds like they haven't done studies on COVID-19 at this point, but other varieties of Coronavirus can easily stick around for hours on a hard surface.

It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

#1630 4 years ago

yea I echo mettle64 - there seems to be some conflicting information from different people in the medical fields and I read the same article from the WHO last week, so unless something has changed...

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yea I echo mettle64 - there seems to be some conflicting information from different people in the medical fields and I read the same article from the WHO last week, so unless something has changed...

+1

R naught is pretty high too. Not measles high, but higher than flu.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

+1
R naught is pretty high too. Not measles high, but higher than flu.

Ebola, 2014 1.51 to 2.53
H1N1 Influenza, 2009 1.46 to 1.48
Seasonal Influenza 2 to 3
Measles 12 to 18
MERS around 1
Polio 5 to 7
SARS <1 to 2.75
Smallpox 5 to 7
Wuhan Coronavirus 2019-nCoV 1.4 to 4.08

Just from a quick google search.....

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ebola, 2014 1.51 to 2.53
H1N1 Influenza, 2009 1.46 to 1.48
Seasonal Influenza 2 to 3
Measles 12 to 18
MERS around 1
Polio 5 to 7
SARS <1 to 2.75
Smallpox 5 to 7
Wuhan Coronavirus 2019-nCoV 1.4 to 4.08
Just from a quick google search.....

Thanks. Beat me to it.

Imagine if the news covered the flu, the way they cover the coronavirus...

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Fact: The press has gone to town in creating a coronavirus hysteria. I had a doctor appointment this morning and my doctor said seeing the press flat out lie about coronavirus made him sick to his stomach. He said it isn't the measles, where it just rapidly spreads. He said this virus is actually difficult to spread, because it can only enter your body through the eyes, nose or mouth and only through bodily fluids. He also went on to say that the virus dies within minutes of exiting the body.

Fact: A chiropractor is not a medical doctor.

#1635 4 years ago

In the meantime, I'm starting a new side business.

lucy2 (resized).jpglucy2 (resized).jpg
#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For instance, look at a cruise ship. Outbreak of measles and 90% of the ship will be sick (hypothetically speaking no one has the vaccine). Look at the cruise ships that have coronavirus, not many people will have it.

According to the WHO, coronaviruses may survive on surfaces for just a few hours or several days, although many factors will influence this, including surface material and weather. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/as-coronavirus-spreads-many-questions-and-some-answers-2020022719004#q5

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This market is so incredibly oversold.
Fact: Lower oil means higher profits for all companies (except oil companies).
Fact: Lower interest rates, means lower borrowing costs for everyone. I saw earlier, that Bank of America stopped taking on new mortgage refinancing applications because they are so overwhelmed.

I agree with you, but sadly perception is reality when it comes to the markets and there is a lot of fear right now (be it justified or imaginary). I think the markets will hit their bottom before this week in concluded and start the climb back up next week.

#1638 4 years ago
3ryg8v.jpg3ryg8v.jpg
#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with you, but sadly perception is reality when it comes to the markets and there is a lot of fear right now (be it justified or imaginary). I think the markets will hit their bottom before this week in concluded and start the climb back up next week.

I think today was the bottom.

For full disclosure, my college roommate is a doctor, and I’ve become friends with his doctor friends. Between them and my doctor I saw today, they all say the same thing. It’s being way overblown.

They way I see it, remember last summer the press was all “blah blah blah recession blah blah blah recession”. Replace recession with coronavirus.

#1640 4 years ago

A)How many people do you know personally that have had or currently have corona?

B)How many people do you know personally that have had or currently have influenza?

My answers for late 2019 - 3/9/2020

A) 0
B) 6

And I have yet to get immunized against the flu.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For full disclosure, my college roommate is a doctor, and I’ve become friends with his doctor friends. Between them and my doctor I saw today, they all say the same thing. It’s being way overblown.
They way I see it, remember last summer the press was all “blah blah blah recession blah blah blah recession”. Replace recession with coronavirus.

I don’t disagree with you but the spreading of all this rampant fear is resulting in the cancelation of a lot of stuff. So many people are scared to travel or go to events now, revenue lost from things like the cancelation of a 30,000 person convention in New Orleans or Vegas will never be recovered by those communities. It’s sad, but it’s worse than the recession talk of last year because it has so many people afraid to leave their house...

That said, I’m glad to see so many people now practicing good hygiene, I’m hoping the fist bump will replace the handshake and people will keep up their hand washing once all the freaking out is done in a week or two.

Sadly this scare is combined with the oil prices going down. That is going to stimulate some things and depress others.

#1642 4 years ago

I dunno, there was a huge sell off at the end. Probably means things will be up at bell tomorrow, but then back down if not lower tomorrow.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Thanks. Beat me to it.
Imagine if the news covered the flu, the way they cover the coronavirus...

Italy just quarantined the entire country. They don't do that for the flu.

#1644 4 years ago

My favorite part is the 'media hype' as if other countries care what our media says when it has to do with their own countries.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Why?

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why? Your doctor friends may be right, but they are not printing the news. Are you buying on their say-so?

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Italy just quarantined the entire country. They don't do that for the flu.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/09/italy-extends-its-quarantine-to-the-entire-country-pm-asks-residents-to-stay-at-home.html

from article: "The decision was made to protect the most vulnerable people in the country, he said, and the measures will take effect Tuesday and last until April 3."

This is an overreaction.

In regards to how contagious it is: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-09/what-we-know-about-grand-princess-docking-coronavirus-quarantine

3,500 people on a cruise ship and only 21 have it. That's less than 1%. If it was as bad as the media makes it out to be, you would need to add a couple zero's to that number. The data right there shows it isn't highly contagious.

I'm one who won't go on a cruise ship...all I see is a floating septic tank.

#1647 4 years ago

Make sure the beneficiaries of your parent's savings/investment/retirement accounts are up to date.

COVID-19 disproportionately affects older adults.

From recent personal experience, this can mean having to go through probate/court VERSUS the company who holding the money cutting a check directly to the beneficiaries.

5 Reasons to Add Beneficiaries to Your Investment Accounts Now
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/add-beneficiaries-investment-accounts/

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Italy just quarantined the entire country. They don't do that for the flu

Sure they do...we just missed it cuz media ignored it?

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sadly this scare is combined with the oil prices going down

It was not all that long ago, the press was talking up how the U.S. was now the world's largest producer oil due to the bonanza brought on by oil fracking. The U.S. is/was exporting lots of oil. This action was helping keep a lid on crude prices and giving OPECs headaches.

In one fell swoop, Saudia Arabia just showed the world who is boss. All SA has to do is turn on the tap for easy pickings.

With prices at these levels, the heavily indebted oil companies can't make a buck. There goes North Dakota. There goes Midland-Odessa Texas---again.

Drilling will stop. Fracking will stop. Jobs galore can disappear real fast. Drilling rigs, drilling mud. Drill bits. Trucks will be made idle. Idle trucks do not wear out tires. Idle trucks do not suffer mechanical breakdowns so mechanics will be looking for work. It is a long list.

You don't even want to talk about the travel industry. Those companies are getting hammered.

This action is not going to correct overnight.

#1650 4 years ago

So let me get this straight...some of you are so sure it's no big deal and blame the media and you think Italy listens to the US media to decide how panicked they should be? It's called being responsible and thinking of others. Some of you could use a dose or two of that. I think some people need to get out of their bipartisan mindset and realize that the world revolves much less around the US than it used to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 20,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/33?hl=pinballjah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.