IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 421.
#16551 1 year ago

There shouldn't be a deadline to the split. It will be the same total price overall with 1 share before or 20 shares after. If you own stock prior to the split, you will get it. The only thing that you might consider is that stock prices have a tendency to jump right after a split like this and you might catch the rise if you buy before.

I've been watching as well try to decide as well but since the price keeps dropping...well was. I assume the fed stuff wasn't as bad as people expected based on the jump across teh board today. It was down to 2392..would have been a good time to buy.

#16552 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There shouldn't be a deadline to the split. It will be the same total price overall with 1 share before or 20 shares after. If you own stock prior to the split, you will get it. The only thing that you might consider is that stock prices have a tendency to jump right after a split like this and you might catch the rise if you buy before.
I've been watching as well try to decide as well but since the price keeps dropping...well was. I assume the fed stuff wasn't as bad as people expected based on the jump across teh board today. It was down to 2392..would have been a good time to buy.

Correct, I've been hovering waiting to strike.
Missed the 2400 this morning.
I went and found my info on etrade.
If you want the split you have to be registered holder of the stock by June 3. So give it proper time to settle in full before that date. Ie dont buy Amazon on June 3rd with sales from that day.
Have it in cash account or buy at least 3 or 4 days before 3rd.
And shit, just as fed is speaking it's popped to 2500.
So, I will give this a week or so and hover like a hawk.

#16553 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Correct, I've been hovering waiting to strike.
Missed the 2400 this morning.
I went and found my info on etrade.
If you want the split you have to be registered holder of the stock by June 3. So give it proper time to settle in full before that date. Ie dont buy Amazon on June 3rd with sales from that day.
Have it in cash account or buy at least 3 or 4 days before 3rd.
And shit, just as fed is speaking it's popped to 2500.
So, I will give this a week or so and hover like a hawk.

Thanks!

Why the big jump all of the sudden?

#16554 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks!
Why the big jump all of the sudden?

Fed only raised rates .5 instead of .75.
The jump in stocks is across the board.
I'm almost back to where I was about 3 weeks ago.

#16555 1 year ago

Fed only raised rates .5 instead of .75.
The jump in stocks is across the board.
I'm almost back to where I was about 3 weeks ago.

Almost - not if you’re a Netflix holder!

#16556 1 year ago

What I can't find is the registration date.
Ie, the last day to buy in to get split.
So. Is that June 3rd?
THANKS for the help.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

I also need info on this. Want to buy Amazon but not sure if it’s even beneficial to wait until the split?
What registration date? Do you need to register in order to buy in on the split?

Just need to buy the shares on or before June 3.

Don't expect this alone to move the shares in a significant way though

#16557 1 year ago

I bought Alphabet knowing the 20-1 split is happening in July. Price was low, they have great cash flow, and splits historically outperform the S&P by 16% one year after split.

#16558 1 year ago

Have a ton of Amazon and google ready for the splits. Down like 15% on Amazon and 8% on alphabet. That was the worst day for Amazon since 2006. Go figure right after I hop in.

#16559 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Have a ton of Amazon and google ready for the splits. Down like 15% on Amazon and 8% on alphabet. That was the worst day for Amazon since 2006. Go figure right after I hop in.

Hang in there, I also bought in early, but I know that they have big plans. For example, they're getting into brick and mortar grocery stores, they're testing amazon fresh market in Seattle, it's like a Walmart superstore with smart carts, you just walk out and the cart charges your card. They're also going to expand their prescription biz and offer everything like a CVS or Walgreens, even consultation with a pharmacist (I'll bet you they'll buy a co like Teledoc soon, and then they'll be able to write the scripts too). Lastly, there are reports about them getting into small business lending and freight/logistics to compliment AWS. Read this article:

https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/amazon-disruption-industries/

#16560 1 year ago

re: Market - I would laugh if it wasn't so insane.

#16561 1 year ago

Bought Amazon yesterday. Huge drop today! What the hell happened now? Did Jeff Bezos get caught with the secretary or something?

#16562 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Bought Amazon yesterday. Huge drop today! What the hell happened now? Did Jeff Bezos get caught with the secretary or something?

you had it backwards - sell on green days and buy on red days

#16563 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

you had it backwards - sell on green days and buy on red days

Yesterday was red for a while

#16564 1 year ago

Just reloaded more Amazon

#16565 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I bought Alphabet knowing the 20-1 split is happening in July. Price was low, they have great cash flow, and splits historically outperform the S&P by 16% one year after split.

Alphabet over Amazon all day. Supply chain and increasing costs are going to continue battering Amazon IMO.

#16566 1 year ago

Bought and sold GNOG several times during pandemic. Sold at a high few months back, kept 5 shares as a tracker.....
Just figured out I'm the Brand New owner of DKNG!!! Up 165%!
F@*k! Why didn't I keep those 200 shares??????
Oh well, moving on with 5 DraftKings.
FYI, all of yesterday up, now gone.
Watching Amazon to hit between 2200-2250.
Hover like a Hawk.

#16567 1 year ago

Bought and sold GNOG several times during pandemic. Sold at a high few months back, kept 5 shares as a tracker.....
Just figured out I'm the Brand New owner of DKNG!!! Up 165%!
F@*k! Why didn't I keep those 200 shares??????
Oh well, moving on with 5 DraftKings.
FYI, all of yesterday up, now gone.
Watching Amazon to hit between 2200-2250.
Hover like a Hawk.

So Dkng bought Gnog?

#16568 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So Dkng bought Gnog?

Yup. Been on the books Closed before open today.

#16569 1 year ago

Yup. Been on the books Closed before open today.

I don’t see DKNG up 165% right now

#16570 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don’t see DKNG up 165% right now

I'm Up from the Gnog price conversion to DKNG. My Gnog's vanished and are now DKNG. Not bragging, by selling gnog I'm out a couple grand.

Edit: Now is not the time to buy DraftKings.

#16571 1 year ago

Anyone brave enough to buy some TQQQ and wait for the recovery?

#16572 1 year ago

Quoted from spidey:

Anyone brave enough to buy some TQQQ and wait for the recovery?

Almost bought tqqq calls end of day then said F this

#16573 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hang in there, I also bought in early, but I know that they have big plans. For example, they're getting into brick and mortar grocery stores, they're testing amazon fresh market in Seattle, it's like a Walmart superstore with smart carts, you just walk out and the cart charges your card. They're also going to expand their prescription biz and offer everything like a CVS or Walgreens, even consultation with a pharmacist (I'll bet you they'll buy a co like Teledoc soon, and then they'll be able to write the scripts too). Lastly, there are reports about them getting into small business lending and freight/logistics to compliment AWS. Read this article:
https://www.cbinsights.com/research/report/amazon-disruption-industries/

The Amazon grocery stores here are rad, it feels almost like you are stealing loading up your cart and walking out without even talking to anyone. They were nice during the high infection rates of the pandemic.

#16574 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well,
I think the market is going to go back up eventually, but I'm not sure its going to happen in the next year. As a result, I have sold all the stocks representing expenses I have upcoming in the next year and liquidated a bunch to pay for a Disney Trip and to finish a new pool. Everything else is in the market.

Based off of what has happened this month I stand by this decision.

#16575 1 year ago

I just pulled the trigger and bought some Amazon at $2325. The last time I owned AMZN was when I was married, we sold our remaining shares when we spit for around $450.

#16576 1 year ago

I am blown away by the Disney slide. Where is the bottom? Its got to be close to where it is now ($110)?

I get that the subscription streaming platforms are all pretty shaky right now, but I recall their last quarterly numbers showed their subscribers ahead of estimates (unlike Netflix). It still kept dropping.

And dont they expect huge theme park numbers this summer? Unlike last year when there was minimal international travel.

I dont claim to know shit. I am afraid of the stock at this point. But literally what is up with this steady fall over past 6 months?

#16577 1 year ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I am blown away by the Disney slide. Where is the bottom? Its got to be close to where it is now ($110)?
I get that the subscription streaming platforms are all pretty shaky right now, but I recall their last quarterly numbers showed their subscribers ahead of estimates (unlike Netflix). It still kept dropping.
And dont they expect huge theme park numbers this summer? Unlike last year when there was minimal international travel.
I dont claim to know shit. I am afraid of the stock at this point. But literally what is up with this steady fall over past 6 months?

I live right near Disney World and the parks are always packed as far as I can see even tho the prices are through the roof.

#16578 1 year ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Who's knows the bottom, but I would be comfortable buying here for a long term hold as I agree with your thesis

#16579 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I live right near Disney World and the parks are always packed as far as I can see.

Market is forward looking and more focused on other Disney divisions like Disney+ (given the drops at Netflix).

That said - stock is a buy down here somewhere.

#16580 1 year ago

DIS releases earnings Wed after the market. Id like to add some more shares to reduce my cost basis ($127) but ill wait. If it goes down ill buy, if it goes up i may make some money eventually..

1E440B14-E32C-40BD-99E1-E7D0ADF4C464 (resized).jpeg1E440B14-E32C-40BD-99E1-E7D0ADF4C464 (resized).jpeg
#16581 1 year ago

Where’s iceman44 in all of this?? Maybe if we say his name 3 times he’ll appear

#16582 1 year ago

Everything is on SALE!
Buying opportunities abound.

My heart goes out to those still holding palantir.

#16583 1 year ago

Everything is on SALE!
My heart goes out to those still holding palantir.

How about for those holding Amazon?

#16584 1 year ago

Everything is on SALE!

Long term it will all be ok. If you have cash now - wait. Bear market will not run away from you.

#16585 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How about for those holding Amazon?

Hold, no reason to sell.
This isn't day trading, it's investing.
I got some goog too.

#16586 1 year ago

Holy shit, the panic is starting to set in.....hang tight, they'll start buying soon, the valuations are now too cheap to ignore.

HODL (resized).jpgHODL (resized).jpg
#16587 1 year ago

I have mainly s&p 500 and bonds. I am a long term guy and am not selling anything. But I do have plenty of cash to invest as well. What would you invest in the present market?

#16588 1 year ago

pinball machines! I'm buying at the top baby.

Seriously, though, I'm DCAing every spare dime into SPY/BRK and my pinball money goes into IVV for easy accounting vs the SPY position. Not gonna lie, the 10% hit from this last week has me rethinking which machines I'm considering. (Rush is looking more like a disposable luxury but I'm still all-in on Godzilla)

edit: both my spouse and I work at different largeTechCo so we have the NASDAQ + FAANG thing covered. If I didn't have (over)exposure there, I'd probably add some straight QQQ into my mix, but also SPY is so heavily weighted towards microsoft/apple that you basically get the revenue generating companies.

#16589 1 year ago

iceman44 where you at?

#16590 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What would you invest in the present market?

Large cap tech with low positive earnings multiples.

#16591 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Holy shit, the panic is starting to set in.....hang tight, they'll start buying soon, the valuations are now too cheap to ignore.[quoted image]

so what do you see as " too cheap to ignore"

#16592 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so what do you see as " too cheap to ignore"

Tech will have the best bounce...you can play it with the least risk by buying into QQQ or you try the perrininal favorites also safe (techs with profits): MSFT, AMD, FB, and NVDA.

Dan Ives : This is a Darwinian world for tech the coming year. The strong tech business models exposed to solid end markets with reasonable valuations will gain share and be focal names for investors. The tech froth will be crushed and/or be part of consolidation. Then creates next cycle.

#16593 1 year ago

AMD had great earnings and the stock seems to be holding at $85 so if it dips back into that range ill be adding some. Im a small investor and own 10 shares at a cost basis of $118. It would be nice to get that to around $101 by adding 10 more.

Thats usually my strategy for decent companies. Ill possibly do the same for AMZN post split as im not adding anymore shares at $2100. One at $2495 is enough

Other good tech hardware companies I own with low PE are MU and HPE but id consider MU the buy.

#16594 1 year ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

AMD had great earnings

my cost basis is under $10 on AMD, i got slaughtered on shopify. Thinking i might take my licks and get more AMD, it's a winner.

#16595 1 year ago

I'm not buying anything. I'm on the sidelines watching. When the market open up (dow)+450 at 9.30am, then around 11am it's down -450, around 2pm it neutral and at 4pm it closes down -90 it's a big clear warning sign to.kerp the f*$k out, something is severly wrong

#16596 1 year ago

Markets def broken but we’re rallying tomm off any good cpi data. Bet.

#16597 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

For sure. If it's a hot number we are screwed though.

#16598 1 year ago

Unless you are stacking divs there's no rush to get into much right now. This is going to go for awhile.

#16599 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yeah, true...unusual times, well for most of us anyway. We've been used to QE policy for so long we don't know what QT even looks like. Whatever happens unless you're on margin you have very little to worry about. The market will throw out the good with the bad, as usual and then calm down and swing the other way. With that said, the sentiment is overly pessimistic right now, so there maybe a few more rallies and pullbacks before we put in a solid bottom.

#16600 1 year ago

At least two more weeks of major see-sawing resolving on the downside is my guess. Then figure over the next 10 months (as stated above) a lot of over-reacting as we fish around for the market bottom. Then while everyone is feeling REALLY depressed about the market the recovery will start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/332 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.