kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,984 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 420.
#16351 2 years ago

Looks like it’s still ENERGY. Great 3 days.

#16352 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like it’s still ENERGY. Great 3 days.

Any specific Stocks you recommend?

#16353 2 years ago

Sold some winners today. Banked the cash. I don't have a good reason for it, I just wanted to bank some profits. Boeing just can't catch a break *sigh* ...the 737 in China video shows a near vertical dive into the ground...only 2 things can make an airplane do that, suicide or the horizontal stab jackscrew locking up. Even with the stab locking in the down position you can still fight it from being nose down in that sharp of an angle. So I'm betting it was not technical/mechanical

#16354 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any specific Stocks you recommend?

He posted some a page or two back. Im long XOP and OIH , ill see what happens end of April / early May with earnings. I purchased late and am up about 1%. Good luck

#16355 2 years ago

Nvidia is coming back, Intel as well.

#16356 2 years ago

Pot stocks jumping. Sndl up about 20% today.

#16357 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Pot stocks jumping. Sndl up about 20% today.

Heard a rumor that senate will introduce a bill to decriminalize next month.

#16358 2 years ago

Upstart is all over the place. One firm downgraded them. Any thoughts here?

I also liked the Draft Kings CEO’s recent comment - “you’ll regret selling!” - and I’m staying long, despite being down considerably. Comments?

#16359 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Upstart is all over the place. One firm downgraded them. Any thoughts here?
I also liked the Draft Kings CEO’s recent comment - “you’ll regret selling!” - and I’m staying long, despite being down considerably. Comments?

I started a position on DKFG this month @ 17.26 and bought some more when it dropped to 15.25
intention is a long term hold - gambling is always a good bet

#16360 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I started a position on DKFG this month @ 17.26 and bought some more when it dropped to 15.25
intention is a long term hold - gambling is always a good bet

You mean DKNG.
Maybe I'm lucky...
I'm spread out over oil, tech, banks, defense, medical, and ev.
Been a good week all around.

#16361 2 years ago

At this point, the only question that matters is are we going to see a recession later in 2022 or not? If you only look at the economic data so far the answer is no, but if you look at the Fed's history, the only surefire way to tame inflation is to induce a short recession....is a soft landing possible? Yes but seems unlikely. Everyone is saying the Fed is behind the curve but I think Powell is being slow and cautious on purpose, he has seen this movie before and wants to make sure we're on solid footings before invoking multiple rate hikes. 50 basis points is the expectation for the next meeting.

#16362 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

At this point the only question that matters is are we going to see a recession later in 2022 or not? If you only look at the economic data so far the answer is no, but if you look at the Fed's history, the only surefire way to tame inflation is to induce a short recession....is a soft landing possible, yes but seems unlikely. Everyone is saying the Fed is behind the curve but I think Powell is being slow and cautious on purpose, he has seen this movie before and wants to make sure we're on solid footings before invoking multiple rate hikes. 50 basis points is the expectation for the next meeting.

All the answers will be revealed in the Men's Underwear Index- haha. https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/26/economy/recession-underwear-alan-greenspan/index.html

So, look at your undies, gentlemen. If they're looking more and more like Swiss cheese, a recession is on the way.

#16363 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

At this point the only question that matters is are we going to see a recession later in 2022 or not? If you only look at the economic data so far the answer is no, but if you look at the Fed's history, the only surefire way to tame inflation is to induce a short recession....is a soft landing possible, yes but seems unlikely. Everyone is saying the Fed is behind the curve but I think Powell is being slow and cautious on purpose, he has seen this movie before and wants to make sure we're on solid footings before invoking multiple rate hikes. 50 basis points is the expectation for the next meeting.

Recession in late 2022? Not a chance. Those in power will do everything possible to keep the economy good up through the election at the very least. Next year though all bets are off.

#16364 2 years ago

Yeah but last administration had already stretched the FED beyond what they should be, and then this administrations bail out money went even further. At some point something has to break.

One might think someone somewhere wants a war to even things out.

Short of that I hope they do whatever they can to prevent a recession, but it doesn't look like there are many options and the opposing teams will rail against it every step of the way.

#16365 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and then this administrations bail out money went even further.

and they don't seem to want to stop
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stimulus-check-gas-prices-coming-4-dollars-gallon/

#16366 2 years ago

At some point the s%p will be at 3700 or lower in the next 18 months .. the yield curve just inverted .. there has never not been a recession after this has happened.. last time was 2006 took two years

#16367 2 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

At some point the s%p will be at 3700 or lower in the next 18 months .. the yield curve just inverted .. there has never not been a recession after this has happened.. last time was 2006 took two years

What will the bubble be this time? Tech? Real estate again? Or maybe pinball?

#16368 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

What will the bubble be this time? Tech? Real estate again? Or maybe pinball?

It is really a good time to sell some of the less desirable titles....There are some Stern premiums on sale here for $12,500!

#16369 2 years ago

CCr at 8 grand starting to look like a pin value play

#16370 2 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

CCr at 8 grand starting to look like a pin value play

Maybe, depends if they ever finish and release the new code.

#16371 2 years ago

The next big catalyst is the Longshoremen contract being due on July 1st....chances are they'll strike or slowdown for good terms, this could be a big shock to the supply chain that's supposed to be on the mend. It's hit after hit but this market keeps on coming back, amazing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/28/business/dockworkers-strike-supply-chain.html

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/west-coast-longshoremen-will-seek-new-contract-in-2022

#16373 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Haven't peaked in here in months and see nothing has changed. Something to be said for consistency.
Maybe not a popular pick in here but DWAC is on a tear. Just came out that Social has had 170K downloads in 48 hours. I am not personally interested in Truth but this could be an investment.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3802519-trumps-truth-social-hits-170000-app-store-downloads

Quoted from Oaken:

Lots of downloads, but nearly everyone is queued up and not in the beta. Pretty easy to temporarily fluff those numbers too. I see mostly smoke and mirrors there, but happy to be wrong.

Update:

Downloads down 93% from peak. (8,000 a day now vs 170,000 at launch). Still have people waiting in queue, so that makes the data a bit muddy. Definitely not a good look though.

Marquee celebrity hasn’t been using the app which probably doesn’t help either.

#16374 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Update:
Downloads down 93% from peak. (8,000 a day now vs 170,000 at launch). Still have people waiting in queue, so that makes the data a bit muddy. Definitely not a good look though.
Marquee celebrity hasn’t been using the app which probably doesn’t help either.

Given that said celebrity is the only draw, and there are several other competitors, this is going to be a long uphill slog. Also since said celebrity’s modus operandi is only to stick with something after it’s a proven success, don’t expect him to go anywhere near it at this point. (Unless they somehow change the business plan)

Social media apps like this only work if you’re able to get a plurality of users, and at this point in the lifecycle of these types of apps, the first month is critical. Doesn’t mean the investment won’t make money some other way, but they are going to have to pivot hard.

#16375 2 years ago

Mike Wilson said he is doubling down on his bear call....he's calling this rally a Bear Market Rally. I'm thinking he maybe right...but he's just too early. This market wants to hang on for now, but definitely it will visit the March lows again in Q3. Nice pullback in home builders and home improvement stocks. Also financials are paring back. MS is below 90 bucks. BofA back to 40. Good opportunities for some big names.

#16376 2 years ago

Fartmarket. Geez.

Ran to relative safety a few months ago with Berkshire B… now feeling pretty good about it.

Thankfully my passive investment strategy represents the vast majority of my holdings, so no worries. I’m in the big boat with the rest of y’all. Hopefully not the Titanic.

#16377 2 years ago

I know this is stocks, but anyone here invest in the crowdsharing reality/rental groups like Rooftop or the new one Arrived Homes? If so, thoughts?

#16378 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know this is stocks, but anyone here invest in the crowdsharing reality/rental groups like Rooftop or the new one Arrived Homes? If so, thoughts?

I looked into https://www.crowdstreet.com/ but decided against it

#16379 2 years ago

So, sell everything and buy after it drops or what?

#16380 2 years ago

Well,

I think the market is going to go back up eventually, but I'm not sure its going to happen in the next year. As a result, I have sold all the stocks representing expenses I have upcoming in the next year and liquidated a bunch to pay for a Disney Trip and to finish a new pool. Everything else is in the market.

#16381 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well,
I think the market is going to go back up eventually, but I'm not sure its going to happen in the next year. As a result, I have sold all the stocks representing expenses I have upcoming in the next year and liquidated a bunch to pay for a Disney Trip and to finish a new pool. Everything else is in the market.

Just have to ride it out and make sure things are in stable places

#16382 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

So, sell everything and buy after it drops or what?

I've been playing the volatility boost... Specifically selling 10 point wide put spreads of SPX 60 days out (at 14 delta). They give a premium of about $1.10. I then close when they get to 75% of profit obtained, each risks just under $1000 and yields a $85 return. I sell about 3-5 of these every week, so I always have a set ready to close. Each take about 4-5 weeks to close and yield just under 10% profit. NOT financial advice.

#16383 2 years ago

Regardless of the difference in opinion of where we are in the economic cycle some of the tech stocks are looking dirt cheap and should be owned if you're planning to be in the market for the next 5 yrs or more.

#16384 2 years ago

Tip: If you’d like to use inflation to your advantage and lock up a maximum $10,000 (or $20,000 for couples) for a guaranteed 6.5% APR over 11 months (sell April 1, 2023)… then visit treasurydirect.gov to load up on I-bonds before the end of April.

Another bonus: Free from state income tax.

Extra bonus: If you hold them until July 1, 2023… you’ll earn 7.2% APR for those 14 months.

(note these figures should have the 3-month interest penalty already factored in, so this is pretty much the actual amount you will earn)

#16385 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Tip: If you’d like to use inflation to your advantage and lock up a maximum $10,000 (or $20,000 for couples) for a guaranteed 6.5% APR over 11 months (sell April 1, 2023)… then visit treasurydirect.gov to load up on I-bonds before the end of April.
Extra bonus: If you hold them until July 1, 2023… you’ll earn 7.2% APR for those 14 months.
(note these figures should have the 3-month interest penalty already factored in, so this is pretty much the actual amount you will earn)

Pretty sweet deal for holding 20k. The Treasury Direct website looks like it was built in the 90's but was easy peasy to make an account and buy the I bonds. Great tip, probably the only one guaranteed to make money on this thread, lol.

#16386 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hmmm, an alternative to the 5-7-5?

#16387 2 years ago

NicoVolta Thanks for the post and as a reminder these are 30 year bonds - nothing says you need to take them out after the year and 3 month time period if rates are still climbing and you don't need the money.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

#16388 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

NicoVolta Thanks for the post and as a reminder these are 30 year bonds - nothing says you need to take them out after the year and 3 month time period if rates are still climbing and you don't need the money.

Truth. Just posting worst-case scenarios for the impatient.

#16389 2 years ago

Super red day caught me flat footed so I didn't adjust my options, I didn't realize tomorrow the Stock markets are closed (Good Friday) so I am going to have to buy 100 shares of MSFT almost at my strike price of $280/share (current price $279.83).

I don't really mind to buy at this price, contract was rolled from a $300 strike price a month ago.

#16390 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Super red day caught me flat footed so I didn't adjust my options, I didn't realize tomorrow the Stock markets are closed (Good Friday) so I am going to have to buy 100 shares of MSFT almost at my strike price of $280/share (current price $279.83).
I don't really mind to buy at this price, contract was rolled from a $300 strike price a month ago.

I'm guessing we may see $240's this year and with my cost basis around $285 I'm hoping for a drop to pickup some more.

$280 is a good entry (especially since its $5 less than mine ) Awesome company and I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a split in the next 12-18 months.

#16391 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm guessing we may see $240's this year and with my cost basis around $285 I'm hoping for a drop to pickup some more.
$280 is a good entry (especially since its $5 less than mine ) Awesome company and I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a split in the next 12-18 months.

Many of my best stock buys have been forced on me. I was forced to buy Google in 2020 at around $1250/share price.

Was a few bucks less than $280 after the premium I got paid.

#16392 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Thanks again for this. Given how things are and May looking to be ~9% this is probably the best I'll be able to do for awhile

#16393 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Keep an eye on it - Microsoft is again being accused of anticompetitive practices w/r/t Azure and cloud services. Will take a bump but I'm sure it will go back up like it always does. Natal is nowhere near as much of a shark as Bill Gates was, but he definitely knows WTF he is doing.

#16394 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Keep an eye on it - Microsoft is again being accused of anticompetitive practices w/r/t Azure and cloud services. Will take a bump but I'm sure it will go back up like it always does. Natal is nowhere near as much of a shark as Bill Gates was, but he definitely knows WTF he is doing.

anticompetiveness is Microsofts middle name...hasn't stopped them yet. They live by the do now and ask forgiveness later motto.

#16395 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

anticompetiveness is Microsofts middle name...hasn't stopped them yet. They live by the do now and ask forgiveness later motto.

Exactly

#16396 2 years ago

09639764-7857-4BD5-9CE2-2E96E5D3D00B (resized).png09639764-7857-4BD5-9CE2-2E96E5D3D00B (resized).pngYou can see his stripes but you know he’s clean.

#16397 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Many of my best stock buys have been forced on me. I was forced to buy Google in 2020 at around $1250/share price.
Was a few bucks less than $280 after the premium I got paid.

Unfortunately I didn’t start trading/investing in my taxable brokerage account until this past December (after a long break) I missed all the bargains in March 2020 except what was captured by my 401k. I picked up a couple of shares of GOOG when it was under $2500 post split announcement and plan to pick up another. Im also looking at some AMZN if it drops near $2700. Im sure both will go lower either pre/post split but they’re both long term holds so i don’t care.

#16398 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Unfortunately I didn’t start trading/investing in my taxable brokerage account until this past December (after a long break) I missed all the bargains in March 2020 except what was captured by my 401k. I picked up a couple of shares of GOOG when it was under $2500 post split announcement and plan to pick up another. Im also looking at some AMZN if it drops near $2700. Im sure both will go lower either pre/post split but they’re both long term holds so i don’t care.

I doubt Amazon will go below 3k...but you never know.

#16399 2 years ago

Alibaba for the win anyone ?

#16400 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Alibaba for the win anyone ?

I got lucky and bought that dip a month ago when it hit 75-77. Watched bump up to 115. Now down to 95.
It was always a long term hold for a year or so to see if it soured again. Looking less and less likely.
I'll continue to hold till 4th quarter, will see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Boards
PinSound

There are 20,984 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/328 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.