IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 420.
#16152 2 years ago

There it is again....feeling vs facts. I feel the country is going to hell in a hand basket, yet we have strong employment and still pretty good markets. But wait, I feel that NATO is stealing from us...but then again we've used it to our advantage to keep our rival in check for decades.

#16169 2 years ago

Haven't peaked in here in months and see nothing has changed. Something to be said for consistency.

Maybe not a popular pick in here but DWAC is on a tear. Just came out that Social has had 170K downloads in 48 hours. I am not personally interested in Truth but this could be an investment.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3802519-trumps-truth-social-hits-170000-app-store-downloads

#16176 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Haven't peaked in here in months and see nothing has changed. Something to be said for consistency.
Maybe not a popular pick in here but DWAC is on a tear. Just came out that Social has had 170K downloads in 48 hours. I am not personally interested in Truth but this could be an investment.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3802519-trumps-truth-social-hits-170000-app-store-downloads

Definitely a speculative/momentum play.

Works out great until the music stops.

From a fundamental basis, there is a lot of warning signs:

Lots of downloads, but nearly everyone is queued up and not in the beta. Pretty easy to temporarily fluff those numbers too. I see mostly smoke and mirrors there, but happy to be wrong.

Legal liability for trademark infringement

Legal liability for source code infringement.

Multiple regulatory investigations.

Multiple risks to marquee celebrity.

Lots of risk risk risk to me. I have had my fill personally of high risk.

Edit: example of one of their problems in images below. One is their logo. The other is a logo of an established company’s legally registered logo. See the problem?

069365A4-8F41-4DE8-A9EF-20B4BA1BAABE.png069365A4-8F41-4DE8-A9EF-20B4BA1BAABE.png9CA68FFE-F8E1-49D6-8742-E663254FE615.png9CA68FFE-F8E1-49D6-8742-E663254FE615.png
#16178 2 years ago

Some relative strength in PYPL today for the first time in ages. Maybe a 70% drop off the high is enough?

Pretty much everything else on my watchlist is red. DKNG is green today despite a downgrade (after falling like 25% Friday on earnings).

#16179 2 years ago

When will AAPL make a tender offer for TSLA? When it drops below $800, $700 or?

#16180 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

When will AAPL make a tender offer for TSLA? When it drops below $800, $700 or?

How bout never. They could’ve bought Tesla years ago would have made sense at tens of billions valuation not at a nearly trillion dollar valuation. Tesla is not worth a trillion dollars, they don’t have a moat every car manufacturer will be selling EV soon. .

#16181 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Some relative strength in PYPL today for the first time in ages. Maybe a 70% drop off the high is enough?

I'm with you there. PYPL financially obliterated me, twice in the last six months. I'm too ashamed to explain how here. Now, I have no faith in that stock at any price. I consider it the most over hyped stock I've ever gotten suckered in on. I suspect it's going well under $100 a share. Whatever the problem is there, it's larger than the failed Pinterest purchase, which is laughable looking at the current price of Pinterest.

#16182 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:How bout never. They could’ve bought Tesla years ago would have made sense at tens of billions valuation not at a nearly trillion dollar valuation. Tesla is not worth a trillion dollars, they don’t have a moat every car manufacturer will be selling EV soon. .

Think once a big crash comes, then recession, then the big fish will go to look at buying up smaller fish companies. End of decade is my guess.

#16183 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How bout never. They could’ve bought Tesla years ago would have made sense at tens of billions valuation not at a nearly trillion dollar valuation. Tesla is not worth a trillion dollars, they don’t have a moat every car manufacturer will be selling EV soon. .

Apple would buy Tesla for their four completed EV production plants once they are running. That is IF they are running.

#16184 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm with you there. PYPL financially obliterated me, twice in the last six months. I'm too ashamed to explain how here. Now, I have no faith in that stock at any price. I consider it the most over hyped stock I've ever gotten suckered in on. I suspect it's going well under $100 a share. Whatever the problem is there, it's larger than the failed Pinterest purchase, which is laughable looking at the current price of Pinterest.

I am down a boatload also, but still holding. Nothing to be ashamed about, can't win with every pick.
The lower guidance killed the stock, but - At this level, PayPal shares imply revenue growth of 10%, 17% operating margin, and 13% FCF margin – well below management's 2022 guidance of 16% (midpoint), 23%, and 22%, respectively.
I think it's a long ride back to $180, but they have lowered the bar so it will now be easier to jump over.
You have to decide for yourself.

#16185 2 years ago

Mike Santoli is off this week but he tweeted that his mystery broker is buying all the over penalized stocks on this weakness. I agree, even with the threat of more rate hikes the overdone stocks have pretty much bottomed. So I know everyone hates it when someone tells them to double down but I think it's time to start buying...don't go all in but start a position (25% of your cash) buy some Paypal, FB, AMD, NVDA, TSM and some of the cyber security names on this weakness.

PS: some notes on Paypal...the CEO learned an important lesson he won't show modesty on the conference call anymore. He projected weakness when he didn't have to. The numbers are still good. They will put up good numbers and the stock will rally..not near the highs but it will pop 25%+ approximately.

#16186 2 years ago

Dow futures down big at 8:30 pm PST....

Screenshot_20220223-202518_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220223-202518_Twitter (resized).jpg
#16187 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Dow futures down big at 8:30 pm PST....
[quoted image]

I was off by 2 days. Shit show begins.
I feel bad for the people of the Ukraine.
Wish we could have done more. It's to late now.

#16188 2 years ago

Hmmm, down almost 2000 points in the last 5 days...tomorrow we'll drop again. If it we hit -3000 points I'm going to disconnect and take a vacation. Nothing you can do except wait for the tide to turn. If you have high quality names you'll be alright.

#16189 2 years ago

SELL , SELL , SELL !

#16191 2 years ago

And the market hasn't even opened yet and DOW futures are down 800 points. At this rate we are looking at a top 10 point drop day for the DOW. I think it may recover a bit later in the day but expect it to crater even further at openening.

#16192 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hmmm, down almost 2000 points in the last 5 days...tomorrow we'll drop again. If it we hit -3000 points I'm going to disconnect and take a vacation. Nothing you can do except wait for the tide to turn. If you have high quality names you'll be alright.

My two remaining green accounts are Apple and Microsoft. I'm starting to think like you and turn it into cash, but I'm also wondering where the bottom is on these two.

#16193 2 years ago

St Patty's day? How about tomorrow? Russia has half the country already.

#16194 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

St Patty's day? How about tomorrow? Russia has half the country already.

Maybe St. Patty's Day is celebrated on February 25th in Russia?

#16195 2 years ago

Any thoughts on Palantir? Back to IPO price. I might buy a little. 500-1000$ worth or so.

#16196 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Any thoughts on Palantir? Back to IPO price. I might buy a little. 500-1000$ worth or so.

I think there are much better buys elsewhere

#16197 2 years ago

I've stopped trying for now. I have what I have, some of it is up, some of it is...trashed. I don't see any significant rise overall this year. I don't have time to go looking for the mythical runners at the moment and pray that everyone agrees. I'll hold...mostly because it's way too late to sell and check back in a few months.

#16198 2 years ago

I guess we all got a stay of execution today Cheerio!

#16199 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've sold my CBRL and RRGB today and bought a 1000 shares each of STKS, BNED, BORR, VAL, PRTY, LUB, RUTH, CNTY, OXY earlier today. Almost all of these are highly distressed and selling at a deep discount right now and were down 5-15% in early trading today. Yes I know these are risky, but I have the main retirement fund in sensible mutual funds.

Really should have stuck with things from 2 years ago. Had I done this:

STKS is up about 10x
BNED is up 3x
BORR is up 2x
VAL (stock ticker changed... presumably out of business)
PRTY is up 8x
LUB is up 4x
RUTH is up 3x
CNTY is up 4x
OXY is up 4x

You live you learn!

#16200 2 years ago
0A7EEA93-56A9-43DF-A69A-93A9EFDE6D6B (resized).jpeg0A7EEA93-56A9-43DF-A69A-93A9EFDE6D6B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/324 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.