200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 420.
#15551 2 years ago

This is who I follow now.We will see new record highs by the end of the year.This dude is legit,he has been right every single time!

#15552 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I have the TDOC blues.

I said last year I'd never use telemedicine and that hasn't changed. Sounds like there's no continuity of care and you just get the next doctor in the queue when it's your turn. I'm sure it's great for quick prescriptions if you have the sniffles or something, but most people want a doctor that they know and trust and have used for years. That said, it should be higher post-pandemic than pre-pandemic right?

#15553 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I said last year I'd never use telemedicine and that hasn't changed. Sounds like there's no continuity of care and you just get the next doctor in the queue when it's your turn. I'm sure it's great for quick prescriptions if you have the sniffles or something, but most people want a doctor that they know and trust and have used for years. That said, it should be higher post-pandemic than pre-pandemic right

Welcome to govt controlled healthcare.
Screenshot_20211202-202644_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211202-202644_Chrome (resized).jpg

NPR btw

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/12/13/250694372/obamas-you-can-keep-it-promise-is-lie-of-the-year

#15554 2 years ago

Employers have steadily decoupled themselves from pensions and unions and healthcare as much as possible over the past several decades… which is exactly what they want. Yet we still have voters who vote against funding a sufficient tax base to replace what was lost, but still want the magical benefits.

Either business or government has to take up the slack. Period.

If business won’t do it, tax them. If business will do it, cut taxes. But it seems we’ve done both… cut taxes for companies while letting them push the burden onto government, then their lobbyists and politicians blame the government.

Everyone needs healthcare, not just those sitting upon a favorable life raft.

#15555 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I said last year I'd never use telemedicine and that hasn't changed. Sounds like there's no continuity of care and you just get the next doctor in the queue when it's your turn. I'm sure it's great for quick prescriptions if you have the sniffles or something, but most people want a doctor that they know and trust and have used for years. That said, it should be higher post-pandemic than pre-pandemic right?

It was perfect when my wife & I were 250 miles from home on a weekend awhile back. Made the call with $25.00 co-pay and the Doctor video called us a few minutes later. He prescribed a med and sent the Script 10 miles up the highway. We exited the Interstate and picked it up. BAM! Problem resolved with drugs.....

#15556 2 years ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Six figures on NVDA long here. Strong organic growth. Already making huge profits with artificial intelligence/machine learning in large scale data centers. They bought Mellanox to work on getting into mega scale data center network infrastructure. They are working on acquiring Arm to make strides in taking over data center compute from current x86 sockets. Data center changes don’t take place overnight, but there is huge money when they do shift, and compute, infrastructure, and parallel processing (GPU) is a trifecta in the data center.
Only other individual stock I own more of is AVGO. Been long on than for many, many years. Outside of that, it is index funds and little “play” investments.

Literally a day after I posted the above comment about “working on acquiring Arm”, the FTC puts out a notice about trying to block the acquisition:
https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2021/12/ftc-sues-block-40-billion-semiconductor-chip-merger

Oof. I was not expecting that. I’m still long on nVidia, but not as gung-ho if Arm will not be a part of their product portfolio

#15557 2 years ago

Same here on the post.
I got out of NVDA at opening ($320). Read the news last night about ARM. We can buy back into it at 290

#15558 2 years ago

I've been trying to find an entry for NVDA. I don't see it getting blocked, so this might be an opportunity. I find it strange THIS is the acquisition they are worried about in a time of everyone buying everyone else - many with much worse consumer issues.

#15559 2 years ago

You gents still bullish on PYPL? I’ve got an order in @ 180 and still deciding.

#15560 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

You gents still bullish on PYPL? I’ve got an order in @ 180 and still deciding.

100%
I think long term it's a steal in below $185 and a buy up to about $230

#15561 2 years ago

Has a lot more competition than it used to have, with more on the way.

What might prevent it from dropping much more is the 'worse' news on the variant, but hard to say.

Meanwhile, still watching everything bleed.

#15562 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has a lot more competition than it used to have, with more on the way.
What might prevent it from dropping much more is the 'worse' news on the variant, but hard to say.
Meanwhile, still watching everything bleed.

Still a leader in the market and seems like everyone uses venmo
if you buy as a long term holding, I would not be worried and have zero hesitation buying at $180

#15563 2 years ago

Stocks, crypto, metals, 10 year, oil.
Its all wounded cats on a trampoline.
Wish something definitive would happen instead of this slow death.

#15564 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Stocks, crypto, metals, 10 year, oil.
Its all wounded cats on a trampoline.
Wish something definitive would happen instead of this slow death.

Hi phil-lee,
Expect for the next few weeks until as stated previously there is a clearer direction on the COVID variant that we will have swing days like the last few weeks. I think we are leaning towards a correction and depending on how many new cases surface over the next few days - or until clarity on a vacccine is issued - we will have one day with SPY up 7 points, the next day SPY down 9, the next day up 7 again, etc. Long haul I think things are okay.

#15565 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Hi phil-lee,
Expect for the next few weeks until as stated previously there is a clearer direction on the COVID variant that we will have swing days like the last few weeks. I think we are leaning towards a correction and depending on how many new cases surface over the next few days - or until clarity on a vacccine is issued - we will have one day with SPY up 7 points, the next day SPY down 9, the next day up 7 again, etc. Long haul I think things are okay.

When does this end? Delta variant dies, now this, then the next. I mean, isnt a pattern developing?

#15566 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

When does this end? Delta variant dies, now this, then the next. I mean, isnt a pattern developing?

Agreed. I don't know when it might end but am hoping it gets to flu level where it is only as strong as the flu (which can be deadly too) but manageable.

#15567 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's what happens when you can't get rid of it. It mutates until it either becomes mostly harmless or kills everyone. Fortunately, most of the time it's the former. They don't benefit from killing their hosts.

#15568 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Historically, it ends through vaccination. Meanwhile, stock up Pfizer stock, up another 2.31% today.

#15569 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Employers have steadily decoupled themselves from pensions and unions and healthcare as much as possible over the past several decades… which is exactly what they want. Yet we still have voters who vote against funding a sufficient tax base to replace what was lost, but still want the magical benefits.
Either business or government has to take up the slack. Period.
If business won’t do it, tax them. If business will do it, cut taxes. But it seems we’ve done both… cut taxes for companies while letting them push the burden onto government, then their lobbyists and politicians blame the government.
Everyone needs healthcare, not just those sitting upon a favorable life raft.

Forget covid the Government needs to wage war against type 2 diabetes,mabey tell people to stop eating shit everyday and threaten them with a vegetable mandate,or they lose their jobs?Bet that would save some lives and money,but that’s too much truth for some people to handle.

#15570 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Forget covid they need to wage war against type 2 diabetes,something that can actually be cured but that’s not very good for the sick care business though!

#15571 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Forget covid they need to wage war against type 2 diabetes something that can actually be cured if people weren’t so addicted to eating shit all day,that’s not good for the sickcare business though!

#15572 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

war against diabetes

Wrong. Diabetes is really good for business. It means you ate a lot of sugary, carby foods and now the medical companies can sling prescription after prescription on you. It's a win win for food biz and med biz

#15573 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Forget covid they need to wage war against type 2 diabetes,something that can actuallynot good for business though!

Quoted from Friengineer:

Wrong. Diabetes is really good for business. It means you ate a lot of sugary, carby foods and now the medical companies can sling prescription after prescription on you. It's a win win for food biz and med biz

It’s almost like the perfect business plan.

#15574 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

It’s almost like the perfect business plan.
And business is good!

joe-dirt-joe (resized).pngjoe-dirt-joe (resized).png
#15575 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Hi phil-lee,

Hi Pinball.
Hate to be the one to break it to you but the current gyrations have little to do with variants or the status of vaccinations.
It started with Evergrande defaults which are just now reverberating through China, coupled with massive flooding and food shortages.
The Turkish currency dropped 49 percent in value. Coupled with a dozen other European currencies struggling.
Bring on drastic first-time unemployment numbers in the US and Worldwide, exacerbated by mass walkouts/disobedience over mandates.
Then massive debt printed into existence since the last quarter of 2019 leading to runaway inflation.
Icing on the cake is a general uneasiness concerning trust from elected leaders.
Yes, you are correct, a correction is on the table and in the cards.
The extent of it will depend upon the Feds willingness to sustain and increase monetary/debt easing.
Quit buying the Official narrative, its bullshit.

#15576 2 years ago

I don’t understand how some reasonably intelligent people could be ok with what’s going on right now,are people under mass hypnosis or what!Its like I’m dealing with zombies out here.
The fact that I will be censored for my opinions on covid because they do not align with that of the official narrative should be a red flag.

#15577 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Historically, it ends through vaccination. Meanwhile, stock up Pfizer stock, up another 2.31% today.

Tobacco Stocks are doing good as well. A cash cow.

#15578 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Tobacco Stocks are doing good as well. A cash cow.

#15579 2 years ago

Wow,did anyone catch what the President said today about kissing his grandson?I guess it’s just another day in clown world.

#15580 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Forget covid the Government needs to wage war against type 2 diabetes,mabey tell people to stop eating shit everyday and threaten them with a vegetable mandate,or they lose their jobs?Bet that would save some lives and money,but that’s too much truth for some people to handle.

Someone forgot to use their brain. You can't give my parents, wife, kids, co-workers and friends diabetes and kill them like you can with Covid, diabetes is not an infectious disease or virus. There is a huge difference between things you choose to do yourself and things you do to others. What does this have to do with the stock market? Why is an anti-vaxxer getting political and trolling the stock market thread?

#15581 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Wow,did anyone catch what the President said today about kissing his grandson?I guess it’s just another day in clown world.

Please keep your politics out of the stock market thread. Can we get some moderation on this clown? This has nothing to do with pinball, the stock market or investing.

#15582 2 years ago

Sorry I hate all politicians equally.
What you can’t mention the President of the United States without someone losing their shit on here?Seems like the kind of shit that’s wrong with this world nowadays.Grown ass men acting like spoiled little brats!

#15583 2 years ago

Calling me a clown,those are fighting words?Mabey I should call the mods!

#15584 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Please keep your politics out of the stock market thread. Can we get some moderation on this clown? This has nothing to do with pinball, the stock market or investing.

Mind your own business.

#15585 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh ok,I see where your coming from!

#15586 2 years ago

We're up 14.41% dow year to Date.
Invest. Don't trade.

#15587 2 years ago

All below noted and respectfully disagree. Why? Because cyclically we go through all of these things every year, and if it isn't Turkey defaulting it is Greece. If it isn't problems here it is problems there. COVID is the wild card because corporations can't easily make plans for businesses 3-5 year out and they hate uncertainty. Markets like to think they can predict the future and the pandemic has thrown everything on it's ear. They hate uncertainty.

Fed has telegraphed rates would be rising and you know everyone will freak out anyways and still the markets will recover if rates go up .25.

Short Term - Still thinking markets will yo-yo or just plotz .

I do agree though that Klondike still kicks ass as a great pin . And I respect your decision to play it multi-ball .

Quoted from phil-lee:

Hi Pinball.
Hate to be the one to break it to you but the current gyrations have little to do with variants or the status of vaccinations.
It started with Evergrande defaults which are just now reverberating through China, coupled with massive flooding and food shortages.
The Turkish currency dropped 49 percent in value. Coupled with a dozen other European currencies struggling.
Bring on drastic first-time unemployment numbers in the US and Worldwide, exacerbated by mass walkouts/disobedience over mandates.
Then massive debt printed into existence since the last quarter of 2019 leading to runaway inflation.
Icing on the cake is a general uneasiness concerning trust from elected leaders.
Yes, you are correct, a correction is on the table and in the cards.
The extent of it will depend upon the Feds willingness to sustain and increase monetary/debt easing.

#15588 2 years ago

Bitcoin just fell of a cliff.Monday should be interesting.

#15589 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

All below noted and respectfully disagree. Why? Because cyclically we go through all of these things every year, and if it isn't Turkey defaulting it is Greece. If it isn't problems here it is problems there. COVID is the wild card because corporations can't easily make plans for businesses 3-5 year out and they hate uncertainty. Markets like to think they can predict the future and the pandemic has thrown everything on it's ear. They hate uncertainty.
Fed has telegraphed rates would be rising and you know everyone will freak out anyways and still the markets will recover if rates go up .25.
Short Term - Still thinking markets will yo-yo or just plotz .
I do agree though that Klondike still kicks ass as a great pin . And I respect your decision to play it multi-ball .

Yup, market is always waiting for the next thing to spook it and long term it keeps rising

#15590 2 years ago

The news does not control the market and if you think it does it made no sense since we just had a pandemic lockdowns sickness death high unemployment protests bad election violence variants inflation shortages future regulations and higher taxes and this all made the market go on a huge bull run which will probably continue. If headlines are the driver if you want to trade ahead of the news that’s futile anyway.

Market needs pullbacks to wipe out speculators, leverage, weak hands and have momentum company employees shrug and sell off their 20/1 price to sales stock that’s still up 100% from 2020.

Market is emotional not rational and goes in waves of sentiment. We are on the last leg up of a 40-50 year upward trend and still have juice left to squeeze out of it. Still in a bull market.

Invest in stocks you are comfortable with, don’t put money in that you can’t afford to take a loss on, adjust and importantly manage your emotions along the way and you will be fine. News will likely guide you wrong, make you worry and once again it doesn’t control the market anyway so sure be aware but don’t put much time into it. But if you are into it then enjoy the excitement of stress and anxiety which leads to anger if things don’t go like you predict or want them to go. Calling things and folks names is the next step of following the news too much and this likely leads leads to the lower market returns. Once you start calling the market names you are cooked. I will pass.

#15591 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Market is emotional not rational and goes in waves of sentiment. We are on the last leg up of a 40-50 year upward trend and still have juice left to squeeze out of it. Still in a bull market.

That's why you do the research. Spot on.

#15592 2 years ago

Anybody know what happens to your stocks on robin hood if it gets delisted? I have a heavy position of Alibaba. If in forced to sell, I will lose my shirt

#15593 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anybody know what happens to your stocks on robin hood if it gets delisted? I have a heavy position of Alibaba. If in forced to sell, I will lose my shirt

If it goes to OTC you can hold/sell but you can't buy any more. The very big downside is, you won't be able to average down so unless it becomes a meme stock of non robinhood users, you probably are only going to continue to drop.

#15594 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Still a leader in the market and seems like everyone uses venmo
if you buy as a long term holding, I would not be worried and have zero hesitation buying at $180

Thanks for the encouragement BMore-Pinball ! I went to go buy @ MP and the stock must have dipped long enough around 180 for the call to be executed. I’m still relatively new to all do this stuff and I really appreciated this thread, minus the political junk

#15595 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Thanks for the encouragement BMore-Pinball ! I went to go buy @ MP and the stock must have dipped long enough around 180 for the call to be executed. I’m still relatively new to all do this stuff and I really appreciated this thread, minus the political junk

We have a very good Discord stock group without the BS here, ask DBLM for an invite

PYPL is a good long term hold, if it drops 5-10% for your purchase price, consider averaging down
I have 175 shares with an avg price of $192.07 & I am not worried
if it goes below $180 again, I am buying more

#15596 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

We have a very good Discord stock group without the BS here, ask DBLM for an invite
PYPL is a good long term hold, if it drops 5-10% for your purchase price, consider averaging down
I have 175 shares with an avg price of $192.07 & I am not worried
if it goes below $180 again, I am buying more

I have 400 shares. Don’t know my average but not worried about it either.

#15597 2 years ago

What are you guys thinking about BABA?

It’s a bargain price but…

#15598 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What are you guys thinking about BABA?
It’s a bargain price but…

I know. Biggest flop drop of a stock I've seen in years.
I keep waiting for a buy in every day, but keeps going lower and lower.
My original order at 120 thankfully canceled days ago.
I have a New buy order at 105 and 100. Will see next week.

#15599 2 years ago

I'm bleeding cash but

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I know. Biggest flop drop of a stock I've seen in years.
I keep waiting for a buy in every day, but keeps going lower and lower.
My original order at 120 thankfully canceled days ago.
I have a New buy order at 105 and 100. Will see next week.

Yeah I lost $7000 on that trade...stay away till it stabilizes.

#15600 2 years ago

Hey Kvan99, I'm going to be in Miami for 10 days starting Wednesday, what are the can't miss things I should do? And best pinball bar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 20,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/312?hl=damen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.