Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 421.
#15501 2 years ago

Cough Cough... LCID!

#15502 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Cough Cough... LCID!

Is that a DRY cough?

#15503 2 years ago

DOCN really took it in the shorts! But it’s still up 60% from IPO and no one has adjusted price targets, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

#15504 2 years ago

The market is dismissing the positive news and latching on to anything negative ..First the Moderna CEO said his scientists are reporting that their vaccine maybe less effective against omicron...then Powell said that he may have to speed up tapering due to inflation. Neither one of those statements should have been made at this stage....the good news has been that the omicron has been active in the unvaxxed population and only a few of the sick are the vaccinated...second hardly a tick higher in deaths over Delta..again mostly old and the immune compromised. Yes, hospitalization is up in those S. African countries but then again being the season hospitalization will be up everywhere as it gets colder and the flu season goes into full swing. Lastly, Biden admin had said not going back to lockdown. Only real concern or issue is the supply chain getting fubared even more.

#15505 2 years ago

A don't look at your portfolio today would have sufficed

#15506 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The market is dismissing the positive news and latching on to anything negative ..First the Moderna CEO said his scientists are reporting that their vaccine maybe less effective against omicron...then Powell said that he may have to speed up tapering due to inflation. Neither one of those statements should have been made at this stage....the good news has been that the omicron has been active in the unvaxxed population and only a few of the sick are the vaccinated...second hardly a tick higher in deaths over Delta..again mostly old and the immune compromised. Yes, hospitalization is up in those S. African countries but then again being the season hospitalization will be up everywhere as it gets colder and the flu season goes into full swing. Lastly, Biden admin had said not going back to lockdown. Only real concern or issue is the supply chain getting fubared even more.

My theory is the people in the know of the upcoming market crash are using these as excuses to front run the market

#15507 2 years ago

Ok finally... Breaking news:

Israel's health minister says vaccine is showing its effective against omicron...now let's see how they'll shake off this news and continue the sell-off.

#15508 2 years ago

Actually I am thinking it is going to pop tomorrow (December 1) because the sell off was more related to end of month adjusting of portfolios and profit taking. Who knows and I guess we will see.

#15509 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A don't look at your portfolio today would have sufficed

Unless you’re overweight on AAPL

#15510 2 years ago

I have a question regarding NVDA (Nvidia) has doubled in 6 months. Now with PE of 100.

Of course it’s a vital stock with crypto and cloud network etc.

But it’s overpriced we shall see at some point it will have to come down.

I’m just having a hard time to decide if/when to take some profits.

I mean everything is overpriced likely but how do you decide when it’s too high? If you wouldn’t buy at a price wouldn’t that mean you would sell it at that price?

#15511 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have a question regarding NVDA (Nvidia) has doubled in 6 months. Now with PE of 100.
I mean everything is overpriced likely but how do you decide when it’s too high? If you wouldn’t buy at a price wouldn’t that mean you would sell it at that price?

that's the million dollar question - when to sell
If you have a double doesn't hurt to take some profits off the table

#15512 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nobody ever went broke by selling through and taking profit off the table.

Doubling up is a good profit. I try to just be a pig. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

#15513 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think it’s comes down to personal preference of what you think is a good gain for yourself and what goals you have for your account. Some people are more than happy with a double and others are waiting indefinitely for a jackpot. I’m more than happy to take a moderate gain over the fear of a possible loss down the road. Best not to look back in hindsight either because we would have all made different choices on positions and bet we all would have bought Bitcoin in 2010 for $.10 and maybe more pinball machines. good luck.

#15514 2 years ago

Whew, ready for this market to make up it's mind!

giphy-13.gifgiphy-13.gif

#15515 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think the smart answer would be to set stop-losses based on your specific investing goals and "lock" those profits in without needing to decide when. You could set a few and do it in chunks. There is the risk of them getting tripped if there is a quick temporary sudden dip or something. Takes some effort and lack of emotion though.

#15516 2 years ago

I think it made up its mind...holy fuck today hurt....it really is at that point of, should i just bail and take what profits I have before they dwindle to zero or lower.

#15517 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribs:

I think the smart answer would be to set stop-losses based on your specific investing goals and "lock" those profits in without needing to decide when. You could set a few and do it in chunks. There is the risk of them getting tripped if there is a quick temporary sudden dip or something. Takes some effort and lack of emotion though.

This is what I hate....10% you would think would be a good number, in todays crazy ups and downs, it isn't.

#15518 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think it made up its mind...holy fuck today hurt....

I hear you. Most of my tech stuff was up. Then PayPal fell...and then Apple and Microsoft. I don't get how Apple was up 3 bucks a share and Microsoft was almost up four, to end today with how it did. It was an awesome day till I refreshed by Fidelity page about 10 minutes ago.

#15519 2 years ago

Not surprising that 1 Omnicron touching down in the US had such a sharp reaction since it's a giant planet that turns into a gigantic robot.

#15520 2 years ago

Me and my portfolio today be like:

#15521 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:Not surprising that 1 Omnicron touching down in the US had such a sharp reaction since it's a giant planet that turns into a gigantic robot.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15522 2 years ago

My only green stock today was Pfizer, it goes up with bad news on the pandemic. Pandemic hedge? Up 53% since I bought it in March.

#15523 2 years ago

BA and DIS have been trending down. Every time I increase my position a little more the stocks drop. We'll see if they keep going down. Both are at 52 week lows

#15524 2 years ago

so whats going on with DWAC that it is up 30% after hours when everything else....i mean..nearly everything is falling more.

#15525 2 years ago

My theory is the people in the know of the upcoming market crash are using these as excuses to front run the market</
Omnicron is a perfect anagram for moronic.Were they surprised it showed up in California?No.The markets are five percent off of all time highs.this is nothing,the risk in this market just fell off a cliff!Get long covid.Buy the dip.
Don’t let them shake you out of your positions boys,this is a buying opportunity!All apart of the game they play,fear and propaganda.Expect more curtailing of your rights and more curtailing of your freedoms,this is a big set up for something I don’t even want to mention.

#15526 2 years ago

Omicron is a perfect anagram for moronic.Were they surprised it showed up in California?No.The markets are five percent off of all time highs.this is nothing,the risk in this market just fell off a cliff!Get long covid.Buy the dip.
Don’t let them shake you out of your positions boys,this is a buying opportunity!All apart of the game they play,fear and propaganda.Expect more curtailing of your rights and more curtailing of your freedoms,this is a big set up for something I don’t even want to mention.dydd

#15527 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Omnicron is a perfect anagram for moronic.Were they surprised it showed up in California?No.The markets are five percent off of all time highs.this is nothing,the risk in this market just fell off a cliff!Get long covid.Buy the dip.
Don’t let them shake you out of your positions boys,this is a buying opportunity!All apart of the game they play,fear and propaganda.Expect more curtailing of your rights and more curtailing of your freedoms,this is a big set up for something I don’t even want to mention.dydd

Right? They've been saying they're pretty sure it's already here but one dude with mild symptoms wiped billions of wealth off the books in one day. Lol!! You gotta love it. These guys are hilarious.

#15528 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I feel Nvda has an advantage because it’s is high up on the percentage holdings of major indexes like QQQ and the many SaP 500 indexes, which are core holdings for many investors in their Personal accounts, IRA’s, 401K’s, 529’s etc.. NVDA could be sold off like on weak earnings but unless a large amount of SaP and QQQ holdings sell off also NVDA could have a reasonably good floor. Q and SPY are also like comfort food, meaning when folks put money in individual stocks or sectors after they sell for gain or loss there is an ok chance some of that the sale money finds it way back to the indexes or core of their portfolio and a little of that purchase goes into NVDA.

Folks I follow are forecasting SaP 5500 in a year and a half or so and headed toward 6000 beyond that. So as the indexes go NVDA could go also. The bad news is that they are forecasting a significant drop after where folks will sell their core indexes out of fear. As the indexes goes up it helps NVDA but down will hurt it. And when they go down it will be painful for all stocks even large tech. We will probably not bounce either and then economy will stall. I don’t know what the reason for the drop will be? Look around and see if you see any signs. Hmmmm

So since we are “probably” looking at a bull market for the next 2-3 years I would lean holding NVDA along with other large tech as we make this one last run in the market for the SaP. Personally I have been holding more indexes since I sold off all my Momentum, which was 70% of my portfolio, last February. I posted what I did here and messaged you also actually. I bought indexes and value stocks soon after and they did well, but I have been selling value to add to indexes more over the last 3-4 months. The value stocks did well and a-lot better than the momentum I had, whoa!, but the returns lagged the SaP over the same period. Forget about my ego - If I can’t beat them join them. Also the large indexes are easier for me to follow the sentiment waves and that’s why I do this now. Individual stocks are too hard. I miss 2020. Still a bull market even after this week but getting higher will be a lot bumpier then the past year and a half. When I probably sell off most everything in the future I am going to use my February experience of selling off my momentum, which was a huge dollar amount at the time because I am 50, saved and invested hard all my life and bought most of the momentum low in Spring of 2020. It felt good to be out of the market actually.

Also I hope I am wrong about the down turn coming in a few years. Like I hope folks copy this post and message me in 5 years saying what an arrogant ass I was thinking I know what the future holds! I hope I am a fool on this one. Weird but true and very uninternet like.

Hope this helped and that you and everyone here is doing well.

#15529 2 years ago

I watch a lot of this guy and he has some interesting things to say about what some people are preparing for.

#15530 2 years ago

We're still up 12.50% For the year.
Facts......

#15531 2 years ago

Lets all be honest,America is dying,we are dying here!And it’s being killed by design.But no one can talk about it.Censorship.Its a wipeout,the extermination of the middle class.I work construction and in the last five years Apple,Google,Facebook,Nvidia and many others have been on building sprees and we haven’t even broke ground on The Google Village in San Jose yet!We are heading towards a global technocracy.I think 2022 is going to be another 2020 but on steroids.

#15532 2 years ago

Six figures on NVDA long here. Strong organic growth. Already making huge profits with artificial intelligence/machine learning in large scale data centers. They bought Mellanox to work on getting into mega scale data center network infrastructure. They are working on acquiring Arm to make strides in taking over data center compute from current x86 sockets. Data center changes don’t take place overnight, but there is huge money when they do shift, and compute, infrastructure, and parallel processing (GPU) is a trifecta in the data center.

Only other individual stock I own more of is AVGO. Been long on than for many, many years. Outside of that, it is index funds and little “play” investments.

#15533 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Lets all be honest,America is dying,we are dying here!And it’s being killed by design.But no one can talk about it.Censorship.Its a wipeout,the extermination of the middle class.I work construction and in the last five years Apple,Google,Facebook,Nvidia and many others have been on building sprees and we haven’t even broke ground on The Google Village in San Jose yet!We are heading towards a global technocracy.I think we should all just relax and enjoy the next couple of years and be happy no matter what horrible stuff we will continue to hear on the news,they cannot mandate you to be miserable,and they can’t take your smile unless you let them!

Selfishness is and has always been what is destroying this country. You can pretend that its some big conspiracy to bring down the country, but it isn't. It's just corporations trying to make themselves richer, however they can. The same companies we are all pouring money into.

#15534 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Selfishness is and has always been what is destroying this country. You can pretend that its some big conspiracy to bring down the country, but it isn't. It's just corporations trying to make themselves richer, however they can. The same companies we are all pouring money into.

Well,I guess we can just sit at home and watch it all burn together then.

Did you hear what your boy Jim is saying
CRAMER: How do we finally put an end to this pandemic? Simple! The federal government needs to require vaccines, including booster shots, for everyone in America, by say, January 1st. This charade must end.” We have immunocompromised people who are incubators for every variant to come walking around lawfully unvaccinated? That’s psychotic. So, it’s time to admit that we have to go war against covid. Require vaccination universally. Have the military run it. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, you better be ready to prove your conscientious objector status in court.

Those are not his own thoughts and words though he is just another puppet sending a message from his bosses at Phizer.

#15535 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Well,I guess we can just sit at home and watch it all burn together then.
Did you hear what your boy Jim is saying
CRAMER: How do we finally put an end to this pandemic? Simple! The federal government needs to require vaccines, including booster shots, for everyone in America, by say, January 1st. This charade must end.” We have immunocompromised people who are incubators for every variant to come walking around lawfully unvaccinated? That’s psychotic. So, it’s time to admit that we have to go war against covid. Require vaccination universally. Have the military run it. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, you better be ready to prove your conscientious objector status in court.
Those are not his own thoughts and words though he is just another puppet sending a message from his bosses at Phizer.

It's too late for that. There is already a second narrative entrenched out there, that it's unsafe, un-American and some kind of insidious govt control. If you push that group any further we may have a real insurrection...the only way ppl will get vaccinated is if a real deadly strain develops and wipes out a bunch of people, then because of self preservation the reluctant will get vaccinated. So we have 2 tracks that we're on, one is if we naturally beat the virus (herd immunity or mutation where it becomes less deadly) and it becomes endemic like the flu or if the virus gets better at killing.

#15536 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's too late for that. There is already a second narrative entrenched out there, that it's unsafe, un-American and some kind of insidious govt control. If you push that group any further we may have a real insurrection...the only way ppl will get vaccinated is if a real deadly strain develops and wipes out a bunch of people, then because of self preservation the reluctant will get vaccinated. So we have 2 tracks that we're on, one is if we naturally beat the virus (herd immunity or mutation where it becomes less deadly) and it becomes endemic like the flu or if the virus gets better at killing.

Your absolutely right about the insurrection.But this time it will be a little more believable and way more justified.

#15537 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

What a fucking idiot! He does realize the pandemic cannot end until the WORLD is vaccinated?! Like 2% of Africa is vaccinated. As ong as India, Africa, and other areas have covid there will be more variants.

Also has anyone ever made money listening to Cramer?

Want to make America a better place? Buy American. Go research and find American products. Buy used clothes, used tools, used anything from FB market place. If you cant find an American product, look to see if you can find Candian or Mexican made products. At least they are our neighbors. Fuck buy dumb cheap shit from China. I'm done.

#15538 2 years ago
03695E83-935E-4645-A5B5-3E26E2D096CA (resized).jpeg03695E83-935E-4645-A5B5-3E26E2D096CA (resized).jpeg
#15539 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribs:

Stop losses are a good idea, just don't enter them with your broker.
Keep track of them separate and execute them manually

#15540 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is what I hate....10% you would think would be a good number, in todays crazy ups and downs, it isn't.

Most of my trailing stops are 25-35%
If you are going to bail on a stock after 10% down, you didn't have much faith in it when you bought it.

#15541 2 years ago

Sorry, didn't realize I was dealing with crazy.

#15542 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Most of my trailing stops are 25-35%
If you are going to bail on a stock after 10% down, you didn't have much faith in it when you bought it.

Depends on the reasoning. Some stocks have just run out of steam for too long, or one news article damns them. TBH, I don't have much long faith for any stock these days and I don't see why anyone would. No one likes to see 50%+ wiped out in a few days when it took a year or more to get there.

#15543 2 years ago

And just like that...they're buying the market again. Broadly up on almost all sectors. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be up for the whole week by Friday.

#15544 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

And just like that...they're buying the market again. Broadly up on almost all sectors. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll be up for the whole week by Friday.

I must be in the wrong things then, up 1% after dropping over 5. Looks like a dead cat to me, but we will see.

#15545 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Despite the fact one party and big tech are in bed with each other. Nope, nothing to see here.

Anyway, hoping for an energy rebound!

#15546 2 years ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Six figures on NVDA long here. Strong organic growth. Outside of that, it is index funds and little “play” investments.

That's where I'm at. I think I'll hold NVDA, a bit longer and take it as a long term cap gain (at some point). For 15 yrs, most of my holdings are in SPY (S&P), it's done very well.

Last week was on and off brutal, but I'm long term and thrilled with results.

#15547 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I must be in the wrong things then, up 1% after dropping over 5. Looks like a dead cat to me, but we will see.

You might be right, but there has been a few encouraging signs that Omicron is not Covidzilla...both cases in the US were mild and neither needed any medical care or hospitalization. If this trend holds true, watch for a steady climb out of this rut.

#15548 2 years ago

Ouch for Docusign. That's another one in the bucket with TDOC as stocks I never understood the value on. I posted multiple times when TDOC was at 180-200 that the valuation made no sense. It did proceed to around 300, but is under 100 now. Now it's starting to actually sound reasonable. TDOC is actually below it was when lockdowns started, but DOCU is well above even with this 30% haircut tonight.

#15549 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sorry, didn't realize I was dealing with crazy.

Whatever man,just stay safe and don’t forget that booster shot!

#15550 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Ouch for Docusign. That's another one in the bucket with TDOC as stocks I never understood the value on. I posted multiple times when TDOC was at 180-200 that the valuation made no sense. It did proceed to around 300, but is under 100 now. Now it's starting to actually sound reasonable. TDOC is actually below it was when lockdowns started, but DOCU is well above even with this 30% haircut tonight.

I have the TDOC blues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 21,009 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/311?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.