IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 421.
#14901 2 years ago

Listen, if we get to the point where gold is worthless and food/water/guns are main things, we're all screwed. It's not even really worth preparing for that scenario because at best you can only buy yourself a couple miserable months before you get ambushed, big whoop. If you go back to the German hyperinflation, they had to rebase on gold and silver. It's not something you should put a lot of money into, but it's one of those insurance policy things that a very small percentage of your total net worth should be allocated to as there are times when gold and silver will outperform the stock market (like the 70's inflation period). It's not there for end of the world scenarios, it's there for times of inflation.

#14902 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I believe you also said PINS, FSLY, TDOC, Z etc. and for that reason I am down about 20k at the moment lol. No one's fault but my own, but I would have never gotten into those if it weren't for this thread.

Yeah, Ice really fucked me on pins, and fucked me on energy stocks. I got in at the wrong time on energy stocks by taking Ice advice. Ice, if you have a sure thing, let me know, cause So far your advice has fucked me.

#14903 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, Ice really fucked me on pins, and fucked me on energy stocks. I got in at the wrong time on energy stocks by taking Ice advice. Ice, if you have a sure thing, let me know, cause So far your advice has fucked me.

If he told you to jump off a bridge, would you?

Get a grip, you made your own decisions, own them and learn from them. "but Ice made me do it" lol.

#14904 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If he told you to jump off a bridge, would you?
Get a grip, you made your own decisions, own them and learn from them. "but Ice made me do it" lol.

I never said ice made me do it nor am I blaming ice for my decisions. Seriously, you need to get a grip. I’m speaking only in financial terms. Taking his advice has cost me money. If he has a “sure thing” I would be curious to hear his take.

#14905 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I always wonder if gold really will or would have any actual extrinsic value in an apocalyptic economic collapse. What the hell are you going to do with heavy ass gold in that situation? Seems like ammo and safety and sex are the currency in that world.

Agree
In the apocalypse, the only metal you will want and need is lead - it will get you everything else you will need
It's also what you want to stock up on (and a lot of) before you actually think you need it
In the last 2 years, it's been way more difficult to find than gold is

#14906 2 years ago

Why do we keep talking about the end of days? Most of y'all can barely play pinball let alone survive the apocalypse. Lol.

Still playing with MAC. PINS fucking sucks short term but probably will win in 5 years. Also 2% of my portfolio. Facebook is dead long term and really any platform that just mines data sucks as a business model. Now the company will thrive, they have cash, Insta, Oculus, and other money makers.

Gotta buy more Apple when it comes down.

#14907 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

If all of the economic links connecting us somehow miraculously shatter all at the same time, we're pretty much screwed no matter how much of whatever miracle hedge product we've socked away.

It will all return though, in time. Gold and silver is for the interim.
So far in my small Community I've reached agreements with vendors for food, gasoline, auto parts and farm supplies to transact in silver and gold.
We all have land paid off, guns, and clean water aplenty. Everyone wishes to avoid violence and agrees this is a good plan to maintain some semblance of normalcy while we defend against those who wish to take things by force.
Live in a big city or somewhere there is no sense of Community?
Don't have friends that wish to group together for the common good?
Sucks to be you.
A few things are certain. In a grid down situation Bit Currency is worthless.
ATM machines are worthless. Food stores that are unwilling to transact without converting away from digital cash registers will crash.
Stocks will become the most worthless of all.
Protect your Mom and Pop restaurants, food and farmers markets and privately owned Auto Parts and Hardware stores.

#14908 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It will all return though, in time. Gold and silver is for the interim.
So far in my small Community I've reached agreements with vendors for food, gasoline, auto parts and farm supplies to transact in silver and gold.
We all have land paid off, guns, and clean water aplenty. Everyone wishes to avoid violence and agrees this is a good plan to maintain some semblance of normalcy while we defend against those who wish to take things by force.
Live in a big city or somewhere there is no sense of Community?
Don't have friends that wish to group together for the common good?
Sucks to be you.
A few things are certain. In a grid down situation Bit Currency is worthless.
ATM machines are worthless. Food stores that are unwilling to transact without converting away from digital cash registers will crash.
Stocks will become the most worthless of all.
Protect your Mom and Pop restaurants, food and farmers markets and privately owned Auto Parts and Hardware stores.

Yeah... let's see how those agreements hold out if ever needed.
In the end times, a lump of gold or silver metal is going to be worthless
Things will break down to bartering - goods for goods.
Also, how do you determine the value of gold with the markets off line??

#14909 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Listen, if we get to the point where gold is worthless and food/water/guns are main things, we're all screwed. It's not even really worth preparing for that scenario because at best you can only buy yourself a couple miserable months before you get ambushed, big whoop. If you go back to the German hyperinflation, they had to rebase on gold and silver. It's not something you should put a lot of money into, but it's one of those insurance policy things that a very small percentage of your total net worth should be allocated to as there are times when gold and silver will outperform the stock market (like the 70's inflation period). It's not there for end of the world scenarios, it's there for times of inflation.

This Guy gets it, thanks!
The point you made concerning Wienmar Germany is key. They will rebuild the economy, they always do. Gold is ALWAYS a KEY player in this process.

#14910 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Things will break down to bartering - goods for goods.
Also, how do you determine the value of gold with the markets off line??

Bartering is a process where two parties agree on value when trading goods for goods. Gold and silver are goods.
DUH!

#14911 2 years ago

Sure great, the feed store will take your non fiat currency at a pre agreed to and totally not putting the screw to you fixed rate.

Who is gonna supply the feed store, the gas station, the auto parts store, etc?

Who is gonna drive the trucks? Who is gonna fill the trucks? Who is gonna supply the steel and forges for your parts? Etc…

And what the hell does any of this have to do with stock market investing?

I mean, I know it seems like I am ragging on you a bit, but it is mostly frustration from whenever someone says “hey guys what should I invest in?” Invariably the response is a version of “your mattress”. There is a time and a place for cash is king…but this goes beyond that and it can’t always be the answer.

End of days, you will live and I will be dead, and no amount of gold bars that I can afford to buy today will change that fate for me.

Now to end with some levity, and I do mean this in fun jest, sometimes when you speak of the end of days barter system I envision this (I’m Mandrake in this scenario).

#14912 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Who is gonna supply the feed store, the gas station, the auto parts store, etc?

Study Co-Ops. During the depression my Grandfather supported his family through the Farmers Alliance, very little cash was involved.
The Federal Government as well as State entities always prioritize Farmers for fuel (especially diesel) and supplies (seeds and fertilizer). People have been advising to purchase small acreage for awhile now and I have seen movement to rural areas by high profile (and many not so) people.
Auto parts are more problematic long term, short term my guy has plenty of stock. Thats why me and others have been paying for preventive maintenance.

Quoted from Oaken:

And what the hell does any of this have to do with stock market investing?

Investing in general, and what you invest in.
Look,its clear if you do nothing you will reap the rewards. We at least have to try to insure safety for our families.
Counting on using a gun to raid your neighbors house or the Farmers Market may work in Cities but is very foolish in an area where everyone is locked and loaded, practice regularly and live with firearms daily.
So these guys are right and gold becomes worthless? Pat yourself on the back and say"I told you so"
Most people who stack are also into sustained living, off-grid survival, food preparation.
Just a fun hobby.
My mechanic wants my Grand Prix pinball and would rebuild the front end on the pickup in trade.

Quoted from Oaken:

“hey guys what should I invest in?” Invariably the response is a version of “your mattress”.

There is more wonky weird stuff going on now than at any time in my life. There is a time to chase interest/profits and a time to lay back for a time.
Again, I hope it doesn't happen, if a calamity occurs it has the potential to be a cascading all out calamity considering the Debt of the World.

Quoted from Oaken:

End of days, you will live and I will be dead

I'm trying to look out for my Granddaughters and their Mother, my death doesn't scare me except I may not be around to help with that. All the gold and silver is for them so that perhaps they will have something more than a boot to piss in if things get rough.

#14913 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Bartering is a process where two parties agree on value when trading goods for goods. Gold and silver are goods.
DUH!

Enjoy the time in your bunker with your gold and silver

#14914 2 years ago

Jesus effing Christ with all this end of days apocalypse talk nonsense. This is the last place we should be discussing it. I don’t waste one minute of my time worrying about it. Live your life people. We will all be dead soon enough, and the apocalypse will play no part in it. “I have agreements in place with the mom and pop auto parts store”. Hilarious.

#14915 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

“I have agreements in place with the mom and pop auto parts store”

"If I say yes, will you leave?"

#14916 2 years ago

Always thought that if society collapsed completely, probably +95% of us urban and suburban people would not have the survival skills to live without the local grocer and indoor plumbing. I am not sure it is really worth planning for, unless you're a rural survivalist.

#14917 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Jesus effing Christ with all this end of days apocalypse talk nonsense. This is the last place we should be discussing it. I don’t waste one minute of my time worrying about it. Live your life people. We will all be dead soon enough, and the apocalypse will play no part in it. “I have agreements in place with the mom and pop auto parts store”. Hilarious.

So we have a party of Posts deriding gold and silver and when I comment its "This is the last place we should be discussing it"? I hate to break it to you but you do not decide where something is discussed.
If grown people wish to have a back and forth discussion concerning important matters it shouldn't be a source of stress or derision for you.
Either you have something pertinent to add or please abstain from blather. Thanks!

#14918 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

"If I say yes, will you leave?"

Here's another one. NO

#14919 2 years ago

Boomer rocks, get your boomer rocks!

#14920 2 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

I am not sure it is really worth planning for, unless you're a rural survivalist.

And even then, it’s not. Those people get taken advantage of by the Alex Jones’ of the world willing to sell them survivalist supplies. If you want to invest in something, invest in the companies that scam the “survivalists” by preying on their paranoid tendencies. Alright, enough of this talk.

#14921 2 years ago

Enjoy the time in your bunker with your gold and silver

Can't discuss the issue intelligently? Resorting to making stuff up, not comprehending the subject matter and prolific down votes, that will show him!
Enjoy trying to recoup enough money from your digital trail to pay for some groceries.

#14922 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And even then, it’s not. Those people get taken advantage of by the Alex Jones’ of the world willing to sell them survivalist supplies. If you want to invest in something, invest in the companies that scam the “survivalists” by preying on their paranoid tendencies. Alright, enough of this talk.

I do. I invest in gun stocks

#14923 2 years ago

I think PINS was the first stock I questioned when it was regarded as a good investment in here. I looked into it and didn't think it was investable. I questioned it's monetization strategy. Simple test, how many of you are on FB everday or multiple times a week? How many of you watch a video or three on youtube everyday or multiple times a week? Now think how long you are on those platforms. Same question for Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat? Now how many of you are on Pinterest everyday or multiple times a week? That's why number of users is flat or down....this is not on par with the other platforms.

#14924 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So we have a party of Posts deriding gold and silver and when I comment its "This is the last place we should be discussing it"? I hate to break it to you but you do not decide where something is discussed.
If grown people wish to have a back and forth discussion concerning important matters it shouldn't be a source of stress or derision for you.
Either you have something pertinent to add or please abstain from blather. Thanks!

What are you talking about? I never mentioned gold or silver. Reading comprehension?

#14925 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I think PINS was the first stock I questioned when it was regarded as a good investment in here. I looked into it and didn't think it was investable. I questioned it's monetization strategy. Simple test, how many of you are on FB everday or multiple times a week? How many of you watch a video or three on youtube everyday or multiple times a week? Now think how long you are on those platforms. Now same question for Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat? Now how many of you are on Pinterest everyday or multiple times a week? That's why number of users is flat or down....this is not on par with the other platforms.

But my answer to that is none to all the above, so to me...they are all junk. The only difference is I understand where FB gets its money. I'm not clear where PINS, Twitter, or Snapchat get theirs.

#14926 2 years ago

Why are we talking about end days stuff in here, when what we really should be talking about is what happens when the aliens attack? Specifically, do they like our shiny gold and silver? Can we exchange it for less probing? Or more if that's your fancy.

I'd talk stocks, but it doesn't seem like this is the place for it.

#14927 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I think PINS was the first stock I questioned when it was regarded as a good investment in here. I looked into it and didn't think it was investable. I questioned it's monetization strategy. Simple test, how many of you are on FB everday or multiple times a week? How many of you watch a video or three on youtube everyday or multiple times a week? Now think how long you are on those platforms. Now same question for Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat? Now how many of you are on Pinterest everyday or multiple times a week? That's why number of users is flat or down....this is not on par with the other platforms.

I bought into pins due to the Shopify alliance, made it very simple to list all my products on their platform
It's free now, but I am sure they will transition into paying for listing like others have

#14928 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Why are we talking about end days stuff in here, when what we really should be talking about is what happens when the aliens attack? Specifically, do they like our shiny gold and silver? Can we exchange it for less probing? Or more if that's your fancy.

Is this your attempt at humor? Ha. HA Ha. That was a good one.

#14929 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjYsey41LPzAhXCo54KHQlpBC4QwqsBegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFlcngdW2Ju4&usg=AOvVaw3uHrm9jEhr3GgyIl167c_L

#14930 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

We will all be dead soon enough, and the apocalypse will play no part in it.

Can I get that assurance in writing?

#14931 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Can I get that assurance in writing?

Absolutely. I will sell you an assurance for the low price of $19.95. Some people sell insurance for a living. I sell assurance for a living. Go to my website for all your assurance needs.

6F36E0AE-A080-4DF6-B306-CFF1CDAF7F7B (resized).png6F36E0AE-A080-4DF6-B306-CFF1CDAF7F7B (resized).png
#14932 2 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

Always thought that if society collapsed completely, probably +95% of us urban and suburban people would not have the survival skills to live without the local grocer and indoor plumbing. I am not sure it is really worth planning for, unless you're a rural survivalist.

The cities would become a bloodbath.

#14933 2 years ago

I bought into pins due to the Shopify alliance, made it very simple to list all my products on their platform
It's free now, but I am sure they will transition into paying for listing like others have

I see...you have Pins stock? I predict if something doesn't happen soon they will push out the CEO, The next guy will come in and try to sell it to one of the other platforms. Biggest obstacle is profitability..you'll have a hard time selling something for a big price that's not cash positive. Shopify in contrast has a great and a useful platform.

#14934 2 years ago

I too lost money on PINS, I picked it up in January and February after all the PINS, PINS, PINS posts and had fear of missing out. I ended up selling it in late April and early May at a loss when I could tell it was heading south. Glad I sold it then, it's much lower now.

#14935 2 years ago

My biggest stock loss by far this year was PSTH.
Where’s KPG been?

#14936 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I see...you have Pins stock? I predict if something doesn't happen soon they will push out the CEO, The next guy will come in and try to sell it to one of the other platforms. Biggest obstacle is profitability..you'll have a hard time selling something for a big price that's not cash positive. Shopify in contrast has a great and a useful platform.

Bought it around $20-30 and sold it in the 60's
don't currently own it

#14937 2 years ago

Has anyone told you lately you have a big mouth and could use an attitude adjustment?

Quoted from vicjw66:

Absolutely. I will sell you an assurance for the low price of $19.95. Some people sell insurance for a living. I sell assurance for a living. Go to my website for all your assurance needs.[quoted image]

#14938 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:Has anyone told you lately you have a big mouth and could use an attitude adjustment?

Yes you just did. I will take it under advisement. But to my face? Nope. I’m a pretty likable guy in person.

#14939 2 years ago

Can't we all just drink a Zevia and get along?

PINS!!!

#14940 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I nibbled a bit more APPL, NET, CRWD today - along with padding some more VIG/VYM.

These dip buys worked out pretty well. Too bad it will only be temporary.

#14941 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m a pretty likable guy in person.

Aren't we all

#14942 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Can't we all just drink a Zevia and get along?
PINS!!!

LOL am literally finishing off a cherry cola Zeev right now. :p

Stock is bouncing off the doldrums and up 6.44% as of this millisecond, but I don't care. I'll wait until 2023 and beyond. Only have a tiny position and unlike PINS I actually understand how the money is made: I buy it, I drink it, I buy more. The end.

The Zeev ExpanseThe Zeev Expanse

Ooooo don't forget Zevia tea! Quality is really good. I hope they can keep the quality high as they scale. It's nice to be from the south and enjoy a brewed tea which is not in a plastic bottle, not nuclear-syrup sweet, not sweetened with artificial crap, and actually tastes like TEA instead of a vaguely amber-tinted water solution, yanno?

(skip the lemon and passionfruit hibiscus... they're kinda bleh... we liked the raspberry, peach, green, and blood orange earl grey... and the plain black tea is fine, if basic)

#14943 2 years ago

Pretty much. In the handful of tournaments and events I’ve been to I have had nothing but pleasant interactions with fellow hobbyists.

#14944 2 years ago

LOL - somebody got their panties in a wad
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14945 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I think PINS was the first stock I questioned when it was regarded as a good investment in here. I looked into it and didn't think it was investable. I questioned it's monetization strategy. Simple test, how many of you are on FB everday or multiple times a week? How many of you watch a video or three on youtube everyday or multiple times a week? Now think how long you are on those platforms. Same question for Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat? Now how many of you are on Pinterest everyday or multiple times a week? That's why number of users is flat or down....this is not on par with the other platforms.

I took Ices advice way to late, in the mid 80's when warning were already out there. Lost a little, $1200 ish.

I don't blame Ice at all. He was giving the advice when it was much lower AFAIK. I didnt take it then and lost. My fault.

#14946 2 years ago

LOL - somebody got their panties in a wad
[quoted image]

Tried to settle it by PM, you refused. You drew first blood..
Speaking of panties, you have down voted a dozen of my Posts recently, must have touched a nerve.
Keep stacking!

#14947 2 years ago

What's the market do the rest of the week?

#14948 2 years ago

What's the market do the rest of the week?

UP UP UP. Will it if you must.

#14949 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

LOL am literally finishing off a cherry cola Zeev right now. :p

Is it wrong that I'm sitting here sipping a cherry pepsi, while I bought coke stock yesterday?

#14950 2 years ago

I'm still swing trading POSH every few days. I've managed to go from about $20k underwater on it to about $6k up, mostly by selling out of the money puts and calls on it against my positions. It only has monthly options still, but the premiums are pretty good. Eventually I'm going to catch the bottom in this thing and make some real money. It's down almost 80% from its first trading day. It's my play stock...keeps me from doing dumb things with stocks I don't know anything about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/299?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.