Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 421.
#14451 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So I know this may get a few laughs but, anyone have any options for a “steady” 3% return? MIL has a small amount of money put aside and wants to do something other than MM savings but doesn’t want to be in stocks. She has a history of getting 10-20k into credit card debt and then having to cash out investments to clear the debt. We’ve cut up her credit cards about 2 years ago but she’s stopped letting us pull credit reports so we fear she’s taken out another CC. Super long story, I’m leaving out lots of details just please don’t lecture me on debt finances, bla bla. I know. She knows. History of mental health going back 20 years. She’ll go manic and give $5k to a TV preacher or tarot card reader.
I just need a semi-low risk, stable place to park some assets.
Considering just throwing it all at her mortgage cause she’s about 3.5% interest. No we’re not refinancing, last time she did she had a break and went out and a bought a new car.

QYLD or NUSI. Dividend producing ETF's that pay monthly. QYLD has averaged above 10% for many years. Both ETF's generate income on writing covered calls in the money. NUSI hedges their own calls, so returns are less but downside is greatly limited. They will always underperform the market in TOTAL returns, so if you google them, you'll read articles from active money managers telling you it's a bad growth investment. But it sounds like you're not after Growth but income.

#14452 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd go with a Fidelity Index Fund, I have a few and in a bad year they go up 3%, in a good year 40%:
FSPTX Fidelity Select Technology Fund
FEQTX Fidelity Equity Dividend Fund
FBGRX Fidelity Blue Chip Growth

Blue chip growth had 4 years in the last 20 that lost more than 10% (-38% 2008 and -10%,-16%,-25% in three consecutive years).

FSPTX is worse it had three consecutive years of more than 30% loss and one year of more than 50% loss and another 2 years of 9% loss. It went from $22/share to under $3/share in one 3 year period.

#14453 2 years ago

Of all the index funds, ETFs, and mutual funds I have invested in I have consistently had better luck with one that the others. My recommendation to you if you only drop money in one place and want to drop it in and forget it is VIGAX.

#14454 2 years ago

RFMZ is a good dividend payer, especially for people in highest tax brackets

The RiverNorth Flexible Municipal Income Fund II, Inc. (the "Fund") seeks to provide current income exempt from regular U.S. federal income taxes1 with a secondary objective of total return.

https://www.rivernorth.com/rfmz

#14455 2 years ago

Who held their GNOG?
Nice to wake up to these nice up days!
Just wish I had more.

#14456 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

QYLD or NUSI. Dividend producing ETF's that pay monthly. QYLD has averaged above 10% for many years. Both ETF's generate income on writing covered calls in the money. NUSI hedges their own calls, so returns are less but downside is greatly limited. They will always underperform the market in TOTAL returns, so if you google them, you'll read articles from active money managers telling you it's a bad growth investment. But it sounds like you're not after Growth but income.

Its funny. I was going to say QYLD, but most people hate it.

#14457 2 years ago

Question. How do you adjust your portfolio before September 11? What would you invest in should nuclear suitcase bombs be detonated in major Financial hub cities across the world? Where would you put your investment money?
Sorry if this has been discussed previously. But thanks for kind advice.

#14458 2 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Here is the stock tip you won’t take and 5 years from now you will be telling the tale of how you could have been a millionaire….right now take $10k and buy NSAV @ $0.10 it will be $20+ Maybe even much higher. Your welcome.

I took the gamble. As of now I'm down 56% in three days. Thank God I didn't invest 10K.

#14459 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who held their GNOG?
Just wish I had more.

Sold mine on the news this morning

#14460 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Question. How do you adjust your portfolio before September 11? What would you invest in should nuclear suitcase bombs be detonated in major Financial hub cities across the world? Where would you put your investment money?

If "nuclear suitcase bombs be detonated in major Financial hub cities across the world" your best investment would be lead

#14461 2 years ago

Gnog

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

me as well. was nice to see that pre market

#14462 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Beans, rural property, and water filtration cartridges

#14463 2 years ago

i sold 70% on a limit about 20 min after open.
Holding 30%, but have a limit at $20 holding.
I see a big drop before DKNG takes possession. I sold off my draft kings about a month ago, got lucky at a brief high.

#14464 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Do you know something we don't? GOLD would likely be a good option. Any put that is based on the Dow or NASDAQ or volatility index.

#14465 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I took the gamble. As of now I'm down 56% in three days. Thank God I didn't invest 10K.

They just launched their exchange today. What is pretty cool is you can get the various cryptocurrency charts for free on their site. Can also change the time period. Not sure if actual live data, which you normally have to pay a monthly fee for?

http://ex.nsavexchange.com/coinTrade

#14466 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Ammo.

#14467 2 years ago

Who held their GNOG?
Just wish I had more.

I did, sold a little bit ago for a nice profit!

#14468 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

A decent sized houseboat that can be parked 5 miles out.
Water filtration/desalinization system.
A few crabpots and cast nets.
Canned food, spices, Tang-type drinks.
Upland game shotgun and shells.
Also study the weather/airstream patterns.

#14469 2 years ago

I've been enjoying Cordon Bleu Meatballs in gravy if you are looking for a canned food to put in your bomb shelter/boat.

#14470 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you know something we don't? GOLD would likely be a good option. Any put that is based on the Dow or NASDAQ or volatility index.

I don’t know anything but Im trying hard to avoid cognitive dissonance. I was thinking more risk to my finances with 911 around the corner and wondered how others protected their E*TRADE account from an event on or near that day. Cashing out for a few weeks is what I’m thinking. But wtf do I know?

Well, I do know water. I don’t believe filtration of water is viable after nuclear fallout. Surface water sources in contaminated exposed areas are not likely immediately usable. Groundwater supplies will likely be in bigger demand since fallout would not infiltrate immediately in most places. I could be wrong.

#14471 2 years ago

Are you guys actually worried about something bad happening on Sept 11th? Have you adjusted your portfolio every year for the past nineteen anniversaries of that horrific day?

If so, keep in mind it falls on a Saturday this year so make your changes by the 10th.....

#14472 2 years ago

Isn't there a preppers thread you guys can post in?

#14473 2 years ago

It's that time of year, meme stock earning season. Easy money?

#14474 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I tried to buy some today at 6 cents and tdameritrade kept rejecting my order. Does tdameritrade not allow trades on NSAV? Seems kind of lame that I can’t gamble with my own money.

#14475 2 years ago

Who held their GNOG?
Just wish I had more.

I still have mine....I had no idea it was up today...been busy.

#14476 2 years ago

Yeah I took this gamble too. No where close to 10k but lost half my money real quick

Quoted from hank35:I took the gamble. As of now I'm down 56% in three days. Thank God I didn't invest 10K.

#14477 2 years ago

Isn't there a preppers thread you guys can post in?

Man asked a question. I answered it. Why are you trying to limit discussion and squelch information that could be helpful?
Its no skin off your back.

#14478 2 years ago

Conspiracy theories?

It’s getting weird in here.

#14479 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Best advise is always use a stop loss - I set mine at 7% of purchase price, then if it goes up I adjust it to be 7% of the new high. When it punches through the stop loss sell and never look back.

#14480 2 years ago

Where did you guys bu Nsav at? Anyone buy it through TD ameritrade?

#14481 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

People on Stocktwits were saying they were having issues there. I could with E*TRADE.

#14482 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Blue chip growth had 4 years in the last 20 that lost more than 10% (-38% 2008 and -10%,-16%,-25% in three consecutive years).
FSPTX is worse it had three consecutive years of more than 30% loss and one year of more than 50% loss and another 2 years of 9% loss. It went from $22/share to under $3/share in one 3 year period.

Good point, I didn't start buying them until after the great recession, if you go back to that era they didn't do well, like most the market. So they aren't exactly rock solid safe, even if they've been great the past decade.

#14483 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Gold is pretty worthless in the apocalypse. Food, booze, drugs, ammo, guns, water, water filtration, medical supplies, seeds, farming knowhow, a defensible shelter and a well trained zombie apocalypse team is what you want.

#14484 2 years ago

When I saw the NSAV rec a few days ago I did a little research, the time to buy it was a month ago. For my chancy gamble I went with AABB, which popped 11% today. We will see what happens, I plan to hold it for a few months.

BITF, the bitcoin miner, has gone up 95% since I bought it last month, that's nuts! With these hype stocks, I only buy $200-$400 worth so I don't lose much if the fail.

#14485 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Gold is pretty worthless in the apocalypse. Food, booze, drugs, ammo, guns, water, water filtration, medical supplies, seeds, farming knowhow, a defensible shelter and a well trained zombie apocalypse team is what you want

Also the ability to build a working still. Alcohol is really valuable.

#14486 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Gold is pretty worthless in the apocalypse. Food, booze, drugs, ammo, guns, water, water filtration, medical supplies, seeds, farming knowhow, a defensible shelter and a well trained zombie apocalypse team is what you want.

Is that why every sovereign Nation that can afford to do so is buying massive quantities of Gold? Because it will be worthless?

#14487 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Is that why every sovereign Nation that can afford to do so is buying massive quantities of Gold? Because it will be worthless?

They are buying gold assuming the world will not fall apart and we will still use some form of money for trade, but we are talking an apocalypse here, that's a totally different story! Not alot of sovereign nations after an apocalypse. What can you do with gold if the world fall apart? You can't eat it, drink it, fuck it or fight with it. Clearly you haven't watched enough post-apocalypse movies. Mad Max never cared about gold!

#14488 2 years ago

I bought mine through Fidelity

Quoted from vicjw66:

#14489 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They are buying gold assuming the world will not fall apart and we will still use some form of money for trade, but we are talking an apocalypse here, that's a totally different story! Not alot of sovereign nations after an apocalypse. What can you do with gold if the world fall apart? You can't eat it, drink it, fuck it or fight with it. Clearly you haven't watched enough post-apocalypse movies. Mad Max never cared about gold!

Gold has been the base medium of exchange for 5000 years. Through every war, empire, natural disaster, etc. It's pretty much always going to be that as it's the agreed upon worldwide standard for whatever reason.

#14490 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Watched all the fictional apocalypse movies.
The one more likely to occur is the American Great Depression, where valuables were traded regularly.
Another would be the American South after the Civil War where the confederate money became worthless but gold and silver highly desirable.
Or Venezuela today where a million Bolivars won't get you much but gold and silver is taken everywhere.
You are correct in one way, if nuclear war creates a wasteland or Zombies do indeed become real then yes, gold and silver worthless.

#14491 2 years ago

I never seem to get the memo in the rumor stage. I seem to be always late to the party?!?

Quoted from nwpinball:When I saw the NSAV rec a few days ago I did a little research, the time to buy it was a month ago. For my chancy gamble I went with AABB, which popped 11% today. We will see what happens, I plan to hold it for a few months.
BITF, the bitcoin miner, has gone up 95% since I bought it last month, that's nuts! With these hype stocks, I only buy $200-$400 worth so I don't lose much if the fail.

#14492 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Gold has been the base medium of exchange for 5000 years. Through every war, empire, natural disaster, etc. It's pretty much always going to be that as it's the agreed upon worldwide standard for whatever reason.

For sure, but we were talking about after an apocalypse. I'm not sure I'd say today in normal times that gold is the base medium for exchange, would you?

Quoted from phil-lee:

Watched all the fictional apocalypse movies.
The one more likely to occur is the American Great Depression, where valuables were traded regularly.
Another would be the American South after the Civil War where the confederate money became worthless but gold and silver highly desirable.
Or Venezuela today where a million Bolivars won't get you much but gold and silver is taken everywhere.
You are correct in one way, if nuclear war creates a wasteland or Zombies do indeed become real then yes, gold and silver worthless.

Well, the convo was about after a nuclear war. Honestly, I think we'd all just be dead.

#14493 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I never seem to get the memo in the rumor stage. I seem to be always late to the party?!?

You have to spend a bunch of time snooping through Reddit forums like pennystocks, using tools like Hype Rider, and then doing your own research on the recommendations because many are just wishful thinking. Even if there is no fundamental based reason for a stock to do well, you can feel the hype shifting to a stock and jump on at the right time. I'm getting better at spotting potential winners, but not confident enough to share them here because a lot of them don't take off. And again, I only do those kinds of trades in the $200-$400, most of my investments are in long term index funds or stocks like Apple, Pfizer, Paypal and Amazon.

#14494 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You have to spend a bunch of time snooping through Reddit forums like pennystocks, using tools like Hype Rider, and then doing your own research on the recommendations because many are just wishful thinking. Even if there is no fundamental based reason for a stock to do well, you can feel the hype shifting to a stock and jump on at the right time. I'm getting better at spotting potential winners, but not confident enough to share them here because a lot of them don't take off. And again, I only do those kinds of trades in the $200-$400, most of my investments are in long term index funds or stocks like Apple, Pfizer, Paypal and Amazon.

Nice pics, own all 4 and 3 of them are top 10 holdings for me!

#14495 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Gold has been the base medium of exchange for 5000 years. Through every war, empire, natural disaster, etc. It's pretty much always going to be that as it's the agreed upon worldwide standard for whatever reason

Blanket statement. Gold was worthless to the Native Americans. Gold could be made into coins through out history. Now it's all in government vaults. Society put some arbitrary worth on it, when it actually has no value, like diamonds. If the shit hit the fan, I would wager toilet paper would be more valuable.

Also, gold and silver are terrible investments. Only allocate 2 or 3% of your portfolio max, and you better have the bars in your safe at home. Not investment advice. I'm dumb.

#14496 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

. Gold was worthless to the Native Americans.

Uh, who were the Spanish and English warring with to fill ships with gold?
Aztecs, Incas come to mind. They loved the stuff and it was highly valued.
I get it, the more primitive Agrarian Tribes didn't care.
The first signs of Civilization and the people need a currency. That currency has more often then not started with gold and silver after barter with beads and pipes.
Anyway, going back to the PM thread, sorry for derailing your Stocks Party.

#14497 2 years ago

Lol. Nature abhors a vacuum. Everybody went to the discord and here come the aliens.

#14498 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Society put some arbitrary worth on it, when it actually has no value, like diamonds.

One more thing, Gold is one of the few things in this Universe that doesn't Rot, rust, dissipate, tarnish. Its forever,that means something in a decaying World.
Diamonds? Since synthetics have been created the real ones have been replaced (mostly) for Industrial uses. For jewelry purposes their value is phony, contrived, mythical.

#14499 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Lol. Nature abhors a vacuum. Everybody went to the discord and here come the aliens.

Are you hurt not being invited to the Private Forum where all the cool kids hang out? I'm sorry.

#14500 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

One more thing, Gold is one of the few things in this Universe that doesn't Rot, rust, dissipate, tarnish. Its forever,that means something in a decaying World.
Diamonds? Since synthetics have been created the real ones have been replaced (mostly) for Industrial uses. For jewelry purposes their value is phony, contrived, mythical.

I never get gold as an investment, the stock market has always done better, save for one window of about 10 years. I get the argument that it's a hedge against the economy collapsing and the world falling apart, but how likely is that to happen? It's generally what rich people with excess money collect and poorer people with prepper tendencies collect because they are training every day for the world to fall apart. My partner is a metalsmith/jeweler, she talks about how the price of silver and gold really don't change enough for jewelers to care, they stock up when the price is low and hoard for the years it's more. But I'm on this Telegram investor group with a bunch of young techie hot shots that's all crypto and metals and they have lost so much money investing in silver and gold in the last 2 years. They are sure the pricing system is rigged. I just lurk for they crypto advice because they do latch onto hot coins early. I totally get the argument that gold and silver have been around forever and will have value if things go south, but I'm investing right now to make as much money as possible to retire as soon as I can. I won't get there investing in precious metals unless I invest in a mining operation that hits gold, so to speak.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/290 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.