IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 420.
#14401 2 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Here is the stock tip you won’t take and 5 years from now you will be telling the tale of how you could have been a millionaire….right now take $10k and buy NSAV @ $0.10 it will be $20+ Maybe even much higher. Your welcome.

I’m into NSAV. What makes you think it will go that high?

#14402 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes, better company with the online gambling. I'm going to pick up some of that too.

PENN

#14403 2 years ago

Wow, crazy it's down 50% from the march highs....is it taking a hit due to Covid or is it something else?

#14404 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is it just me or is there very little reason to get excited about earnings anymore? It's not something new, it's been going on for a few years now. I barely even try to pay attention to them anymore because it's almost a given the stock is just going to drop bigly immediately after.

Exactly. But they do play into what I might buy after the post-earnings dip. If the numbers beat, I wait for the inevitable drop and then buy to hold for the next earnings run up.

#14405 2 years ago

What happened to Roku today? It dipped 34 bucks or so after hours!

#14406 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What happened to Roku today? It dipped 34 bucks or so after hours!

Growth isn't what people wanted...it's slowing. I'm still not even sure how that company makes money beyond the devices. I've never watched any ads on it or bought anything on it. Their own channel really sucks. Most people just use it as their own streaming device and for netflix/youtube. Big fan, just find it really odd they decided to go public because 'ad revenue' on a device that people buy to avoid ads.

#14407 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Growth isn't what people wanted...it's slowing. I'm still not even sure how that company makes money beyond the devices. I've never watched any ads on it or bought anything on it. Their own channel really sucks. Most people just use it as their own streaming device and for netflix/youtube. Big fan, just find it really odd they decided to go public because 'ad revenue' on a device that people buy to avoid ads.

Yeah but that big of a drop all at once?

#14408 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yeah but that big of a drop all at once?

Seems to be the thing after earnings for most companies these days.

Basically though - they are getting hurt by the reopening.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/roku-slides-accounts-streaming-hours-202603181.html

#14409 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Seems to be the thing after earnings for most companies these days.
Basically though - they are getting hurt by the reopening.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/roku-slides-accounts-streaming-hours-202603181.html

Earnings! That’s it....

#14410 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m into NSAV. What makes you think it will go that high?

Well look what they are trying to do and who they just partnered with and who just took over the controls. Let’s look at who is their competitor in the US is. Coinbase is the obvious answer and they are huge.

The new COO saw BitMart launch and grow and its BMX coing trades at $0.20 and it’s projected to have a price of $0.50 in 2 years time.

BitMart current has a $34m cap and has traded, As a coin, all the way up to $4. Factor in the projected growth and your looking at 4 or 5 times the current value of BitMart. Which, on the high side, in 2-3 years could be $20 a share if they mail this launch.

Watch the presentation video on the NSAV video! In 4 days they will launch so o expect to make some money that day!!

4 days to load!!

Blockchain has a very bright future and is already anchoring a foothold in the industry.

The partnership with SBC it my mind shows they are legit, as well as does the new COO MR. Wong (who is much better then the old COO IMO)

I just don’t see much in terms of negatives. The only way this won’t work is some huge shift in the whole exchange driven environment that would render us immediately obsolete or unnecessary.

And really the PPS is currently at $0.10. So how much can you really lose here?

I want to retire and even if this reaches $1, $2 or $4. Your looking at, with a $10k investment now, $100, $200k or $400k. That pays off the mortgage and gets some the IRA looking healthy again.

COIN is the trailblazer and obvious king did it first. It trades at $244.

If they grow to be 1/10 just the current size of them right there you go $24 a share.

The industry is current at $3bil with growth estimates in 2025 to be $40bil

That’s a huge leap forward and ample projection to the future and it’s possibilities.

Plus my Father's Brother's Nephew's Cousin's Former Roommate told me so!

#14411 2 years ago

If they grow to be 1/10 just the current size of them right there you go $24 a share.

Comparing share prices of companies is meaningless because they have wildly different numbers of shares outstanding. At 1/10 of COIN in market cap, it's only about 80 cents.

#14412 2 years ago

Well look what they are trying to do and who they just partnered with and who just took over the controls. Let’s look at who is their competitor in the US is. Coinbase is the obvious answer and they are huge.
The new COO saw BitMart launch and grow and its BMX coing trades at $0.20 and it’s projected to have a price of $0.50 in 2 years time.
BitMart current has a $34m cap and has traded, As a coin, all the way up to $4. Factor in the projected growth and your looking at 4 or 5 times the current value of BitMart. Which, on the high side, in 2-3 years could be $20 a share if they mail this launch.
Watch the presentation video on the NSAV video! In 4 days they will launch so o expect to make some money that day!!
4 days to load!!
Blockchain has a very bright future and is already anchoring a foothold in the industry.
The partnership with SBC it my mind shows they are legit, as well as does the new COO MR. Wong (who is much better then the old COO IMO)
I just don’t see much in terms of negatives. The only way this won’t work is some huge shift in the whole exchange driven environment that would render us immediately obsolete or unnecessary.
And really the PPS is currently at $0.10. So how much can you really lose here?
I want to retire and even if this reaches $1, $2 or $4. Your looking at, with a $10k investment now, $100, $200k or $400k. That pays off the mortgage and gets some the IRA looking healthy again.
The industry is current at $3bil with growth estimates in 2025 to be $40bil
That’s a huge leap forward and ample projection to the future and it’s possibilities.
Plus my Father's Brother's Nephew's Cousin's Former Roommate told me so!

Sure your not into cannabis stocks as well

#14413 2 years ago

Shares outstanding
- NSAV - 3.73B
- Coinbase - 141.79M

Which is roughly 26x the number of shares. Dividing coinbase price by 26 and you get $9.15 .. so, that's probably a better thing to think about. Maybe a more realistic fantasy multiplier is like.. a 50x return on your $0.1 shares

#14414 2 years ago

Looks like NSAV still has a DTC Chill at TDAmeritrade - so there is that

#14415 2 years ago

Welp..FVRR just...crushed me. Holy ow.

One by one they are all tumbling fast.

#14416 2 years ago

WEBR IPO just opened. Similar to COOK which IPO'd last week and is up about 50% since. On my watch list.

#14417 2 years ago

anybody else in OPRX

#14418 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

anybody else in OPRX

No but it looks like it’s ripping right now. Congrats!

#14419 2 years ago

anybody else in OPRX

Yeah...nice run. That's a great sector...did you see MRNA stock too? It's like a one way graph.

#14420 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Looks like NSAV still has a DTC Chill at TDAmeritrade - so there is that

Sorry but what do you mean by DTC Chill?

#14421 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sure your not into cannabis stocks as well

Don't piss on cannabis stocks, overall as a portfolio I am up 63% for all my cannabis stocks
With my best winner up over 1,000% and my current worst loser down 26%

#14422 2 years ago

Don't piss on cannabis stocks, overall as a portfolio I am up 63% for all my cannabis stocks

Not my thing, but nice.

#14423 2 years ago

I just sold my CRON since earnings comes out tomorrow. Not as up as I'd hoped, but still up.

#14424 2 years ago

I'm not, with all those typos in that post I figured he must be smoking something.

#14425 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I just sold my CRON since earnings comes out tomorrow. Not as up as I'd hoped, but still up.

Not one of my holdings
Just about everything I own is for the long haul in this sector - I don't bother trying to trade any of them

#14426 2 years ago

My broker wont allow NSAV trades. So I guess I won't have you thank you later

#14427 2 years ago

Put initial positions in GERM, BBH, HELX and watching UNG and LIT - all temporary momentum plays

#14428 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry but what do you mean by DTC Chill?

Quoted from orangestorm87:

Not an approved security for purchase at TD and several other brokerages. It *appears* this was from some issues in 2017 , so quite possibly has nothing to do with the current situation and management at NSAV

#14429 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Not an approved security for purchase at TD and several other brokerages. It *appears* this was from some issues in 2017 , so quite possibly has nothing to do with the current situation and management at NSAV

Try TD

#14430 2 years ago

PSTH sent me a phone book about the upcoming swap. I notice it’s almost at $20. I wonder what happens next with it.

#14431 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

BITF is my bitcoin mining play, up 40% in 3 weeks
PFE is my Covid/medical play, up 27% since March, the shares I bought in May are up 13.8%. With FDA approval and probably another booster coming, I expect Pfizer to keep climbing.

BITF now up 51% for me, woo! I have to time selling it right as or before bitcoin's next crash.

#14432 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

PSTH sent me a phone book about the upcoming swap. I notice it’s almost at $20. I wonder what happens next with it.

It sits at NAV until a deal is announced.

My guess: it is dead money for 6-9 months.

#14433 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I was able to buy a little through E*TRADE. Bending a “no penny stock” rule, but it’s such a small amount, I consider it entertainment if they file for BK tomorrow instead of laying out a golden plan.

I did have to e-sign an OTC awareness form.

#14434 2 years ago

Looks like the big boys are going to rotate out of tech again after the strong job's report this morning. Banks are up for the same reason.

#14435 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Looks like the big boys are going to rotate out of tech again after the strong job's report this morning. Banks are up because of the same reason.

long term holder of JP Morgan, opened a position and plan on building out a position in First Third Bank. Good history of dividend increases and they are growing.

#14436 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

long term holder of JP Morgan, opened a position and plan on building out a position in First Third Bank. Good history of dividend increases and they are growing.

Fifth Third Bank I mean

#14437 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Fifth Third Bank I mean

Damn, nice move. You’re already up four thirds.

#14438 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I see what you did there....

#14439 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Lol!

#14440 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It sits at NAV until a deal is announced.
My guess: it is dead money for 6-9 months.

I doubled up and am sitting at $20.79 average now. Glutton for punishment but seemed like a fairly low risk place for some cash to hang out.

Can’t believe I held through it hitting low 30’s with no deal and didn’t sell.

#14441 2 years ago

So I know this may get a few laughs but, anyone have any options for a “steady” 3% return? MIL has a small amount of money put aside and wants to do something other than MM savings but doesn’t want to be in stocks. She has a history of getting 10-20k into credit card debt and then having to cash out investments to clear the debt. We’ve cut up her credit cards about 2 years ago but she’s stopped letting us pull credit reports so we fear she’s taken out another CC. Super long story, I’m leaving out lots of details just please don’t lecture me on debt finances, bla bla. I know. She knows. History of mental health going back 20 years. She’ll go manic and give $5k to a TV preacher or tarot card reader.
I just need a semi-low risk, stable place to park some assets.
Considering just throwing it all at her mortgage cause she’s about 3.5% interest. No we’re not refinancing, last time she did she had a break and went out and a bought a new car.

#14442 2 years ago

That’s crazy. You can’t count on making money on options. It’ll be fine until it’s not. You can get murdered if you sold out of the money puts and the market crashes like it did in 08 or 2020. Also selling calls you can end up leaving tons of money on the table if a stock runs away from you.

Selling Options (it’s been said) is like picking up pennies in front of a steamroller. I do it myself but it’s very likely you’ll make a good bunch a little at a time and lose a big bunch all at one bad time.

#14443 2 years ago

Paying off that mortgage is a way to guarantee a 3.5% (in your case) 'return.'

Otherwise you're likely to see a better return in index funds, but of course there's some risk in that.

#14444 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s crazy. You can’t count on making money on options. It’ll be fine until it’s not. During a week paid sell off you can get murdered if you sold out of the money puts. Also selling calls you can end up leaving tons of money on the table if a stock runs away from you.
Selling Options (it’s been said) is like picking up pennies in front of a steamroller. I do it myself but it’s very likely you’ll make a good bunch a little at a time and lose a big bunch all at one bad time.

I think he means "options" like mutual funds, REITs, etc. Basically different options for investing or parking money and making 3%. Not options like you are thinking.

#14445 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think he means "options" like mutual funds, REITs, etc. Basically different options for investing or parking money and making 3%. Not options like you are thinking.

Gotttca.

#14446 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s crazy. You can’t count on making money on options. It’ll be fine until it’s not. You can get murdered if you sold out of the money puts and the market crashes like it did in 08 or 2020. Also selling calls you can end up leaving tons of money on the table if a stock runs away from you.

Quoted from Roostking:

Yes options in a classical meaning of the word. Not in the stock “option” meaning.
Sorry for the confusion

#14447 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So I know this may get a few laughs but, anyone have any options for a “steady” 3% return?

I'd go with a Fidelity Index Fund, I have a few and in a bad year they go up 3%, in a good year 40%:

FSPTX Fidelity Select Technology Fund
FEQTX Fidelity Equity Dividend Fund
FBGRX Fidelity Blue Chip Growth

#14448 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So I know this may get a few laughs but, anyone have any options for a “steady” 3% return? MIL has a small amount of money put aside and wants to do something other than MM savings but doesn’t want to be in stocks. She has a history of getting 10-20k into credit card debt and then having to cash out investments to clear the debt. We’ve cut up her credit cards about 2 years ago but she’s stopped letting us pull credit reports so we fear she’s taken out another CC. Super long story, I’m leaving out lots of details just please don’t lecture me on debt finances, bla bla. I know. She knows. History of mental health going back 20 years. She’ll go manic and give $5k to a TV preacher or tarot card reader.
I just need a semi-low risk, stable place to park some assets.
Considering just throwing it all at her mortgage cause she’s about 3.5% interest. No we’re not refinancing, last time she did she had a break and went out and a bought a new car.

Index funds. Look at VOO or SCHD.

#14449 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Index funds. Look at VOO or SCHD.

VOO is way to into stocks for what I’m looking for. Not looking for +20% with a possible -50%. Looking for circa 2000 CDs that were paying 3-5% basically guaranteed

Another way to frame the ? Is how are people 60+ keeping up without risking a lot in stocks since bonds basically suck these days.

#14450 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

VOO is way to into stocks for what I’m looking for. Not looking for +20% with a possible -50%. Looking for circa 2000 CDs that were paying 3-5% basically guaranteed
Another way to frame the ? Is how are people 60+ keeping up without risking a lot in stocks since bonds basically suck these days.

Then try a Bond Fund: Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund — VBTLX, 5 yr return average is 3.5% or Fidelity Total Bond Fund — FTBFX 5 yr average is about 5.2%....inflation risk plays a big role in which bond fund you should invest in, a good way is a total bond index, bond that have a lot of govt bonds tend not to do well in rising inflation cycles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/289 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.