200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 420.
#14301 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I bought some pins at $58 this morning. I also bought some Advanced Auto Parts (AAP) at $212. I mistyped Apple when checking stock and it came up. It got me thinking. A lot of people are buying used cars right now because of a shortage in new cars. My dad decided to buy a used Tahoe last month and it was a huge mistake. He has spent a bunch of money fixing all the little problems it has. I know it’s probably not wise to buy based on personal experiences, but what the heck.

Man, I hadn't looked at the market since this morning. Was a crap day across the board today.

It was reported today that the average price of a new vehicle today is $41k. That is INSANE.

That being said, used vehicle prices are also crazy. Generally though, if you can find a 1-2 year old vehicle with less than 50k on it, they are decent but right now still paying top dollar for them unlike in the past where it was a nice discount.

If you are looking price wise to buy something 5-10 years old...yeah, things are probably going to need to be fixed :/

#14302 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man, I hadn't looked at the market since this morning. Was a crap day across the board today.
It was reported today that the average price of a new vehicle today is $41k. That is INSANE.
That being said, used vehicle prices are also crazy. Generally though, if you can find a 1-2 year old vehicle with less than 50k on it, they are decent but right now still paying top dollar for them unlike in the past where it was a nice discount.
If you are looking price wise to buy something 5-10 years old...yeah, things are probably going to need to be fixed :/

I bought a 2018 Mustang new with incentives in 2018 for $23,500. I traded it in last month, with 44,000 miles on it, and got $24,500 trade-in. On the flip-side, I had to pay sticker price for the new one.... Some dealers are charging over MSRP for new cars.

#14303 2 years ago

I don’t care about feelings. It’s about making money with me.

If you remember Ice had strong stances on the market Spring of 2020 being a major bull. He had A LOT of push back. Back then I read both sides, didn’t get offended about folks views, which were strong then with all the fear. I sure as hell didn’t know what to do?? So I took it all in and went with Ice’s views and built my portfolio around that. It all could have failed, sure, but it didn’t and the reward for me and my family was huge. I destroyed and not just % but actual dollar amount. But things always change and I am always learning and taking views from all sides. I read articles from the bulls and the bears all the time.

So Focus on what’s important. The market doesn’t give a flying F if you won an argument or were right on the internet or if you care about the world more then that guy over there. It will just do what it is gonna do.

Borrowed from a friend “love your family and not your portfolio”. Have a good weekend.

#14304 2 years ago

AMD is on fire this week!

#14305 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I bought a 2018 Mustang new with incentives in 2018 for $23,500. I traded it in last month, with 44,000 miles on it, and got $24,500 trade-in. On the flip-side, I had to pay sticker price for the new one.... Some dealers are charging over MSRP for new cars.

I did find it funny that the same dealer I bought my used car from two years ago cold called me the other day offering 100% trade in on it minimum…and then he quoted me some prices on the lot and I stopped smiling.

Conclusion: the odyssey is staying in the family until it keels over or the kids get out of college.

#14306 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Did you ask if the dealer would cut you a check for $24,500.00 for it if you did not buy another vehicle from them?

#14307 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I don’t care about feelings. It’s about making money with me.
If you remember Ice had strong stances on the market Spring of 2020 being a major bull. He had A LOT of push back. Back then I read both sides, didn’t get offended about folks views, which were strong then with all the fear. I sure as hell didn’t know what to do?? So I took it all in and went with Ice’s views and built my portfolio around that. It all could have failed, sure, but it didn’t and the reward for me and my family was huge. I destroyed and not just % but actual dollar amount. But things always change and I am always learning and taking views from all sides. I read articles from the bulls and the bears all the time.
So Focus on what’s important. The market doesn’t give a flying F if you won an argument or were right on the internet or if you care about the world more then that guy over there. It will just do what it is gonna do.
Borrowed from a friend “love your family and not your portfolio”. Have a good weekend.

If you also remember he said COVID was nothing and the market wasn't going to drop. He was absolutely wrong. Neither what you state or what I state has any bearing on the current temper tantrum he's throwing because his tantrum has nothing to do with the market. He can give advice without the bs extras.

#14308 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Did you ask if the dealer would cut you a check for $24,500.00 for it if you did not buy another vehicle from them?

Not that one, I contacted them first because I was interested if the trade was high enough

Other dealers had been spamming me offering around 23000 for mine with no purchase necessary. That’s what got me thinking about upgrading. All in all it cost 8000 to upgrade to a new one. I’ll accept a loss of $2000-3000 a year to drive new vehicles 15000 miles a year. It’s my biggest vice I suppose.

Also the trade-in needed new tires and transmission fluid, so that was another $1000 in maintenance applied to the new one instead

#14309 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The fact is 50% of the 'white state' is not vaccinated, as well as over 1/3 of the rest of the population. She might want to start there. Didn't think I would need to call it out. Not only that, why go blaming the easy outs when you don't even believe it to be a problem to begin with? Can't have it both ways. It's the normal process of deferring 'what aboutism'.

So, she cant have an opinion that many illegals are unvaxxed and entering the country illegally? Why is that?

Do you have proof they are, if so, post it and ill delete my post.

Anyway...

#14310 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Not that one, I contacted them first because I was interested if the trade was high enough
Other dealers had been spamming me offering around 23000 for mine with no purchase necessary. That’s what got me thinking about upgrading. All in all it cost 8000 to upgrade to a new one. I’ll accept a loss of $2000-3000 a year to drive new vehicles 15000 miles a year. It’s my biggest vice I suppose.

It's been some years, but in 2010 I was looking to get a truck. I was looking at used trucks. Ended up buying new because I could get a new truck less than I could buy a used truck for, which was crazy for the time. In the 10 years since, new prices have doubled on average if not almost tripled comparatively. And used prices are still way up there. I'm told I can pretty much get what I paid for mine new, trade in today.

#14311 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's been some years, but in 2010 I was looking to get a truck. I was looking at used trucks. Ended up buying new because I could get a new truck less than I could buy a used truck for, which was crazy for the time. In the 10 years since, new prices have doubled on average if not almost tripled comparatively. And used prices are still way up there. I'm told I can pretty much get what I paid for mine new, trade in today.

Im glad im set on vehicles for a bit. Yikes..

#14312 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So, she cant have an opinion that many illegals are unvaxxed and entering the country illegally? Why is that?
Do you have proof they are, if so, post it and ill delete my post.
Anyway...

Has nothing to do with whether they are or not. They don't even have accurate numbers. It has to do with because of the known stance on that side of the spectrum that half the state refuses to get vaccinated. Which IS a known number. THEY are her problem, not some wanderers she knows nothing about. It's bullshit posturing. She's not pushing for the state to get vaccinated, she's deferring blame about something she doesn't even believe is even an issue. Not much else I can say about it because it is very much just political bs.

#14313 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yah I think that's how the 2018 I bought was. I got something crazy like $7500 off the $31000 MSRP with all the cash back and other incentives. It was cheaper to buy new.

In 2010 I bought a used 2008 that had under 20,000 miles on it. I think I paid $14,500 for that one. Roughly half new price for one that was driven for a year.

My first two I drove into the ground. The first blew a head gasket and later needed a complete engine rebuild. I got like $700 trade-in for that one. Second one the check engine light came on literally the day after I made the deal online, on my way to the dealership. They still honored the deal, but trade-in was only like $2000 on that one (and the stereo was worth at least half that). I've learned my lesson and now trade usually around 75,000 miles. This time was an exception.

#14314 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has nothing to do with whether they are or not. They don't even have accurate numbers. It has to do with because of the known stance on that side of the spectrum that half the state refuses to get vaccinated. Which IS a known number. THEY are her problem, not some wanderers she knows nothing about. It's bullshit posturing. She's not pushing for the state to get vaccinated, she's deferring blame about something she doesn't even believe is even an issue. Not much else I can say about it because it is very much just political bs.

At least you admit she can have an opinion, even one you dont like.

#14315 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At least you admit she can have an opinion, even one you dont like.

Oh, she can have an opinion, I just think she's full of shit.

#14316 2 years ago

Whelp, this thread has taken a turn. Nothing productive or entertaining will be shared today so I will pull the ripcord for the weekend and go pour something delicious and aged. Just remember, no matter your race, sex, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, political orientation, shoe size, iq, hat size, high score on Attack From Mars, bank account, or sense of humor, I want you all to know one thing, and one thing only:

My cat hates all of you. Every single one of you. Just on principle.

Have a good weekend. Catch you later.

B9A62C8B-ACA8-4E26-88D4-DB124DA42FC2 (resized).jpegB9A62C8B-ACA8-4E26-88D4-DB124DA42FC2 (resized).jpeg
#14317 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh, she can have an opinion, I just think she's full of shit.

Coolio. Btw I looked up vax rates for southern American countries. Its not pretty, hovering around 50-60%. It would be amazing if somehow all the people hitting the border were part of that group!!

#14318 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I am also from Iowa and typically a lurker on the forums. But I do think your general attitude is part of the problem with moving forward in general. No offense but your posts are very "matter of fact" with demeaning all caps etc...... and not very open to any opinions from my observations. I am personally vaccinated in IOWA but have several friends that are not and I respect that. Almost all of them have had positive covid test over the past year and are part of the dreaded "unvaccinated statistics" that is Kim Reynolds problem as you refer to it. I personally think antibodies + vaccinated population we are in a better position than your statements. Her suggestion is more to me than "bullshit postering".

Just a forum lerker point of view. You have a really bad attitude might want to make an effort to be more positive. -Aaron

#14319 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Coolio. Btw I looked up vax rates for southern American countries. Its not pretty, hovering around 50-60%. It would be amazing if somehow all the people hitting the border were part of that group!!

The funny part is, they are way more likely to choose to get vaccinated than the southern half of OUR country.

#14320 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I did find it funny that the same dealer I bought my used car from two years ago cold called me the other day offering 100% trade in on it minimum…and then he quoted me some prices on the lot and I stopped smiling.
Conclusion: the odyssey is staying in the family until it keels over or the kids get out of college.

My wife works in the auto industry at a national level and it's crazy the stuff she hears and how all the auto makers have been reacting the past year. You can't make the stuff up that they're doing to stay alive

#14321 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The funny part is, they are way more likely to choose to get vaccinated than the southern half of OUR country.

At least you admit that many of the illegals hitting and getting through the border are unvaxxed.

Seems you and she agree then. Well done sir!

#14322 2 years ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I am also from Iowa and typically a lurker on the forums. But I do think your general attitude is part of the problem with moving forward in general. No offense but your posts are very "matter of fact" with demeaning all caps etc...... and not very open to any opinions from my observations. I am personally vaccinated in IOWA but have several friends that are not and I respect that. Almost all of them have had positive covid test over the past year and are part of the dreaded "unvaccinated statistics" that is Kim Reynolds problem as you refer to it. I personally think antibodies + vaccinated population we are in a better position than your statements. Her suggestion is more to me than "bullshit postering".
Just a forum lerker point of view. You have a really bad attitude might want to make an effort to be more positive. -Aaron

My point was:

It didn't come a place of science or goodwill. It came from the current stance of the right, and on top of that it clashes with the 'covid isn't an issue' stance.

I do wonder by what you mean 'moving forward'. Is that the 'just let it go because who cares?" That same attitude that has never helped anyone ever?

EDITED: for brevity.

#14323 2 years ago

Welcome to the forums. Taking any side with these knuckeheads will lose you sleep. Be well!

#14324 2 years ago

Please keep thread on track fellow Pinsiders.

#14325 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My point was:
It didn't come a place of science or goodwill. It came from the current stance of the right, and on top of that it clashes with the 'covid isn't an issue' stance.
I do wonder by what you mean 'moving forward'. Is that the 'just let it go because who cares?" That same attitude that has never helped anyone ever?
EDITED: for brevity.

Well its not. Its a voter suppression tool I wont say what "it" is though

#14326 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

thin skinned.

This is a funny statement from you. You rarely hold your tongue in this thread and others as you are so often offended by anything said. It’s unfortunate the path this thread has taken.

#14327 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This is a funny statement from you. You rarely hold your tongue in this thread and others as you are so often offended by anything said. It’s unfortunate the path this thread has taken.

yeah, yeah, point the fingers. The only person I've had issues with is Ice. The thing is, he can't read a thing I say, so when he takes his ball and goes home, it has zero to do with me. However, you are free to interpret it as you wish, even if it is wrong. Thread took a turn when he decided to come in here and whine and tell everyone he was leaving because someone hurt his feelings. (again).

Glad to see everyone is cool with veiled racism (hell..not even veiled) as long as it doesn't interfere with your stock picks. Keep up the good fight.

#14328 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yeah, yeah, point the fingers. The only person I've had issues with is Ice. The thing is, he can't read a thing I say, so when he takes his ball and goes home, it has zero to do with me. However, you are free to interpret it as you wish, even if it is wrong.
Glad to see everyone is cool with veiled racism as long as it doesn't interfere with your stock picks. Keep up the good fight.

That's a serious charge, care to back it up with proof? If not, you must retract your statements and apologize. You cant just call someone a racist and think you have free rein.

#14329 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's a serious charge, care to back it up with proof? If not, you must retract your statements and apologize. You cant just call someone a racist and think you have free rein.

It's right in his post. And was the catalyst for what I stated today regarding the governor here. Same words, same intent. I'm sure he's 'not racist', but his comment was. Perhaps I picked up on it more because it had just made the news the day before and I was pretty pissed about it already. Clearly someone else had an issue with what he said as well.

#14330 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's right in his post. And was the catalyst for what I stated today regarding the governor here. Same words, same intent. I'm sure he's 'not racist', but his comment was.

Care to quote his post? Probably not, because as I have recently learned, there are SSE in New York, and I suspect the many many thousands of sick people are coming across an unsecure border, creating a real SSE. You, in fact agreed it was happening, as did your govenor.

#14331 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Care to quote his post? Probably not, because as I have recently learned, there are SSE in New York, and I suspect the many many thousands of sick people are coming across an unsecure border, creating a real SSE. You, in fact agreed it was happening, as did your govenor.

#14196 if you want to read what he said.

I already know where you are going with this, so there's no point continuing because we'll just get moderated. The number of 'sick' was noted at less than 200 out of 300k. A drop in the bucket compared to the millions that refuse to get vaccinated. Stating that it 'must be those border crossers' is disingenuous at best. The motivation and intent behind those statements is to derail the real issues - and completely disregard the many millions of non border crossers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gop-governors-fear-influx-of-covid-positive-migrants-crossing-the-border

#14332 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

#14196 if you want to read what he said.
I already know where you are going with this, so there's no point continuing because we'll just get moderated. The number of 'sick' was noted at less than 200 out of 300k. A drop in the bucket compared to the millions that refuse to get vaccinated. Stating that it 'must be those border crossers' is disingenuous at best. The motivation and intent behind those statements is to derail the real issues - and completely disregard the many millions of non border crossers.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gop-governors-fear-influx-of-covid-positive-migrants-crossing-the-border

Highly unlikely given the % of unvaxxed coming north. 200 out of 300,000 lol. Get real man. CDC says 40-50% unvaxxed. Your numbers, dont jive with science and proven facts and #s

#14333 2 years ago

This thread is going the way most Pinside threads go, to shit. First crypto now just off topic infighting implosion. Hey iceman44 send me the link to the new discussion group once it’s setup.

#14334 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

This thread is going the way most Pinside threads go, to shit. First crypto now just off topic infighting implosion. Hey iceman44 send me the link to the new discussion group once it’s setup.

Cathie buying a little PINS “on sale”. Lol

F2F80B39-5A54-4457-986E-592EA0187622 (resized).pngF2F80B39-5A54-4457-986E-592EA0187622 (resized).png

#14335 2 years ago

Surprised they bought so much Robinhood.

I’m interested in Bkrp anyone following that one?

#14336 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Why not keep the conversation here? I’m not really into social media so this is perfect for me. Just drop the pointless back and forth.

#14337 2 years ago

Another thread ruined by the online crusaders.

#14338 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And the US is at 56%. How pretty is that?

#14339 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

#14340 2 years ago

If the last day or so of posts in this thread were erased/ stricken from the record we would all probably be better for it.

If the mods could do that to my portfolio too that would be fantastic.

#14341 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Another thread ruined by the online crusaders.

No, it got ruined by political messaging and personal attacks.

#14342 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

No, it got ruined by political messaging and personal attacks.

Quoted from kvan99:

You're an idiot

You got that right. Enjoy your thread folks.

#14343 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You got that right. Enjoy your thread folks.

Pffft..that was about him leaving the forum over some "Rando" which is funny because we're all Randos here to one another...I also love the other guy's comment that he's not going to listen to some random guy on a pinball forum? Then why post tips and ideas here if it's going to be dismissed. No real rhyme or reason for this bullshit just rhetoric.

#14344 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Pffft..that was about him leaving the forum over some "Rando" which is funny because we're all Randos here to one another...I also love the other guy's comment that he's not going to listen to some random guy on a pinball forum? Then why post tips and ideas here if it's going to be dismissed. No real rhyme or reason for this bullshit just rhetoric.

Looks like you're immune to your own criticism. Well I'm sure you changed hearts and minds with your online crusade here. Congratulations.

iceman44 can you PM the the details for the online discussion group? It would be appreciated.

#14345 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

No, I called you a Rando when you tried to make this a dick measuring contest based upon you misinterpreting a comment in response to a comment posted about Chinese companies and then listed a Korean company. You have pathetically tried and failed to come after me a few times the past day. I have nothing to prove to you.

I am sorry that I have occupied too much of your brain space the past few days. Obviously, you have been thinking a lot about me while I have not paid you a second thought. That is not right for me to impact your life so much. I am going to go focus on living my awesome life and making money, so I bid all of your adieu.

I wish all of you continued success.

#14346 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

so I bid all of your adieu. I wish all of you continued success.

Sad it has come to this. I thank you for your contributions which helped me a great deal.

#14347 2 years ago

If you guys go off board with the discussion, someone please let me know where at your convenience. The info in between the assholes here is enlightening and interesting.

#14348 2 years ago

Please let me know where the new discussion is. Too bad people have to ruin it for everyone else.

#14349 2 years ago

I’m sure this thread will survive just fine.

#14350 2 years ago

I'll be here posting all the money losing stock ideas you'll ever need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/287?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.