IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 421.
#14251 2 years ago

Regarding PINS, the darling of Wall Street, just keep adding to your position. Buy and hold for the long term. Keep adding and add more while it's on sale.
How is that Gene Munster and Loup ventures $105 target from February 16th looking now?

#14252 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just pm me buddy. I’ll be around.
Like Matt said, no need to deal with the ignorant randos in that thread. . That’s the downside.

You're an idiot

#14253 2 years ago

Just looking at the previous cycles and taking a stab at that being correct. We broke through the support in the mid 60's and went into the 50's. Now they had a bunch of downgrades and I am waiting to see if it drops to the 40's before buying in again.

#14254 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Just looking at the previous cycles and taking a stab at that being correct. We broke through the support in the mid 60's and went into the 50's. Now they had a bunch of downgrades and I am waiting to see if it drops to the 40's before buying in again.

On bright side, the price target downgrades more or less take it to where it was before earnings.

So at least they aren’t old yeller-ing it.

Sell at 85 was a very good judgement call short term. Will see 3-5 years out though.

Widen the net, deepen the moat. Looks like a miss on one and a beat on the other. To me, the part to watch going forward is international. Net still widening there but the moat is super shallow. Lots of potential.

I have confidence they have enough runway (plenty of cash to burn). Now let’s see if they can do it.

Short term though…ugh. Very much feel like a clown.

#14255 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If pins breaks through the previous low of 55.45 look out for a big drop

That's what I was looking at too. Since stocks these days are so disconnected to fundamentals, both on the upside and the downside, you have to resort to the technicals. Going long now with a stop at that low is one strategy. Going short if it makes a new low is another. I'm not playing it either direction until it settles down a bit.

#14256 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Well this is a sad statement. It's hard for me to believe people would complain about the information posted here. Whether the information turns out to be right or wrong, it is up to each individual to pick through and make there own decisions. I will miss your information ICE if you are truly reducing your time here. Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge on this subject to have a PM conversation with you.

I'm not sad. I wrote a rather scathing response to his predictably racist and very politically motivated remark. I ended up removing it because i knew it would get me moderated and since he blocks anyone who actually tries to call him on his BS he wouldn't have been able to read it anyway. We aren't allowed to actually have intelligent conversations around here and hold people accountable for their crap. I could give two shits if Ice is on this site or not. Regardless of everyone trying to sugar coat it, he's repeatedly shown he's a horrible person. I haven't even been active on this site that long and I see it. It's too bad people are more motivated by money that they dismiss peoples actions so easily.

That being said, kudos to whoever reported him I guess. I'd rather just confront him.

#14257 2 years ago

This popped up when I typed in the word "Rando". Frikken hilarious.

rando-im-am-throbbing-with-justice-this-is-what-happens-when-action-figures-take-steroids-400756 (resized).jpgrando-im-am-throbbing-with-justice-this-is-what-happens-when-action-figures-take-steroids-400756 (resized).jpg
#14258 2 years ago

Damn, people have a serious case of sand in their neither regions. Everybody take a deep breath and go back to their corners. Personal attacks are not needed.

#14259 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Damn, people have a serious case of sand in their neither regions. Everybody take a deep breath and go back to their corners. Personal attacks are not needed.

So many emotional keyboard quarterbacks.

#14260 2 years ago

I'd level set the whole thing for you because there's a larger story that involves my governor. Google it if you'd like, but we aren't allowed to discuss politics. It isn't personal. Ice simply parroted the new GOP runaround. Nothing but racist and political motivations behind those statements.

#14261 2 years ago

Everyone's crying about PINS but look at the dump AMZN took!

#14262 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Agreed. While everyone may not care how others carry themselves, we are all trying to contribute and have open discussions on how to make money. It's all a common goal. It's a damn investing thread, how does drama keep popping up in it? Can't anything be drama free anymore?

#14263 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Agreed. While everyone may not care how others carry themselves, we are all trying to contribute and have open discussions on how to make money. It's all a common goal. It's a damn investing thread, how does drama keep popping up in it? Can't anything be drama free anymore?

Since when has anything involving money been drama free? And people think I live in a pipe dream for trying to hold people accountable...

#14264 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

-6% vs -32%?

I sold AMZN around $2500. Stock is just too expensive for my blood.

#14265 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You suck! And your avatar sucks! And so does Annapolis! And what's the problem with sand in nether regions? I enjoy that feeling!

#14266 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

-6% vs -32%?
I sold AMZN around $2500. Stock is just too expensive for my blood.

I played AMZN from 3320 to 3350 with 15 shares this morning. Only trade I've done in a few days. I'm limping into a few ETFs, just a share or two of each a week. Cost average for a year or two on them.

#14267 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:I played AMZN from 3320 to 3350 with 15 shares this morning. Only trade I've done in a few days. I'm limping into a few ETFs, just a share or two of each a week. Cost average for a year or two on them.

I am actually considering getting in after the drop...I think we all know it will go back up and further.. the cost ratio is just brutal though when considering it.

#14268 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yet, every other Ice post is a personal attack on someone, not just in this thread but all of them....make up your mind. People need to quit riding his dick. He's just not mature enough to receive the same shit he gives.

#14269 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

You suck! And your avatar sucks! And so does Annapolis! And what's the problem with sand in nether regions? I enjoy that feeling!

Just know that I am rather handsome, somewhat successful, and a damn fine dancer for a man of my size. I am living proof that good things happen to bad people.

#14270 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just know that I am rather handsome, somewhat successful, and a damn fine dancer for a man of my size. I am living proof that good things happen to bad people.

You got me beat on all accounts then, but I used to fool a lot of people into thinking I was smart!

#14271 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yet, every other Ice thread is a personal attack on someone, not just in this thread but all of them....make up your mind. People need to quit riding his dick.

Ok Slick, I don't follow Ice around and have not interacted with him outside of this thread, so I don't follow his drama with you and others. I don't agree with a fair amount of his stock picks and I know he likes to mix it up with people, but I put more trust in his stock picks and financial opinions than I do yours. That is is the purpose of this thread.

Now, I went back and read the moderated post and I personally think you are painting seagulls into pictures where they are not there. Maybe there was text that was removed but from what I can see, I did not see where he was attacking you or anything of the like. I can't tell you how to feel but your issues with Ice are yours to address or not. Not mine.

#14272 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Pins dropped almost 3x as much as AMZN.

#14273 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

You got me beat on all accounts then, but I used to fool a lot of people into thinking I was smart!

I think you are rather smart and you know a shit ton more about options trading and the like than I do. Plus, I can guarantee that you are better pinball player than I am. What say we call it a draw?

#14274 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking less about percentage and more about actual dollar amount.

#14275 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ok Slick, I don't follow Ice around and have not interacted with him outside of this thread, so I don't follow his drama with you and others. I don't agree with a fair amount of his stock picks and I know he likes to mix it up with people, but I put more trust in his stock picks and financial opinions than I do yours. That is is the purpose of this thread.
Now, I went back and read the moderated post and I personally think you are painting seagulls into pictures where they are not there. Maybe there was text that was removed but from what I can see, I did not see where he was attacking you or anything of the like. I can't tell you how to feel but your issues with Ice are yours to address or not. Not mine.

Guessing the post was edited. It had nothing to do 'with me'. It was the context of the statements (which yes, do point to his overall market strategy but does not excuse his comments). Again, because it was highly political look up the statements the Iowa Governor made a few days ago regarding covid, and you will understand. Read the context of why the statement is highly controversal (regarding Iowa and the % vaccinated).

If you don't read any other threads, then I guess I can understand how you might not read as much into some of the things he says here, but no, it is not 'me' with an issue with him. He has a reputation.

EDIT: I see where some confusion may be, fixing my post above, it wasn't supposed to say it was personal.\

To be frank though, the "it's okay because they make me money and if you upset them I won't get what I want" excuse to let things go is old and played out.

#14276 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That’s like comparing scores of AFM and WOZ

#14277 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Dude, you're a bit passive aggressive...you act all civil but you slip in attacks as well.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So many emotional keyboard quarterbacks.

Yeah, who are you referring to? If anyone is emotional it's the guys who can't take a dissenting POV. It's a discussion board man, I have my ideas you have yours, everyone should feel free to say what they think.

Either way, being a forum we should man up and take the good with the bad.

#14278 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yet, every other Ice post is a personal attack on someone, not just in this thread but all of them....make up your mind. People need to quit riding his dick. He's just not mature enough to receive the same shit he gives.

You know, it's all good man, he's just another guy on here. This thread is about investing right? We can share information and tips or not. I say let's share info. If you think I'm wrong tell me why you think so. Maybe I'll see it your way, maybe I'll come back and point out fallacies in your statement...who knows. I think we can all agree on the golden rule: Don't attack others who have a different outlook on the market.

#14279 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Regarding PINS, the darling of Wall Street, just keep adding to your position. Buy and hold for the long term. Keep adding and add more while it's on sale.
How is that Gene Munster and Loup ventures $105 target from February 16th looking now?

#14280 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Well this is a sad statement. It's hard for me to believe people would complain about the information posted here. Whether the information turns out to be right or wrong, it is up to each individual to pick through and make there own decisions. I will miss your information ICE if you are truly reducing your time here. Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge on this subject to have a PM conversation with you.

Someone in here cried about the stock talk in here? Thats lame af.

#14281 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Dude, you're a bit passive aggressive...you act all civil but you slip in attacks as well.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#14282 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'd level set the whole thing for you because there's a larger story that involves my governor. Google it if you'd like, but we aren't allowed to discuss politics. It isn't personal. Ice simply parroted the new GOP runaround. Nothing but racist and political motivations behind those statements.

Its more likely shes right, then wrong. Got proof shes wrong? All are vaxxed and covid free. Sure!

#14283 2 years ago

The fun part here is hanging out with the guys I like and bouncing ideas. That’s why I’m here. The bad part is hanging out with guys I don’t like and putting up with their BS although most are blocked. Don’t like me or what I have to say, it’s called the IGNORE button. Works well

Might start up a little private Message group on Fakebook or some other site if there is any interest when I get back

Talk tax planning, estate planning, stocks, and pinball

Wheels up in 30! I’ll be throwing down soon. Have a great weekend, even you haters.

#14284 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The fun part here is hanging out with the guys I like and bouncing ideas. That’s why I’m here. The bad part is hanging out with guys I don’t like and putting up with their BS although most are blocked. Don’t like me or what I have to say, it’s called the IGNORE button. Works well
Might start up a little private Message group on Fakebook or some other site if there is any interest when I get back
Wheels up in 30! I’ll be throwing down soon. Have a great weekend, even you haters.

All of us bourbon guys created our own Discord after one of our prominent members was banned from Pinside. It is a blast!

Watch out for the crabs! Or as they say in HI, "Watch out for the crabs!"

#14285 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Random feedback…
Discord or Telegram apps work well for organizing groups like this.
I prefer Discord as it has more options but is alittle more complex.

#14286 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

People finally realizing retail is where it's at...

July has been "fun", I say we rid the calendar of the month.

#14287 2 years ago

Now that the week of fighting on pinside with Randos has come to end, go out and play some pinball Fkrs!

8E0EDAB1-5C17-4D01-BA91-9BB0C72DED7D.gif8E0EDAB1-5C17-4D01-BA91-9BB0C72DED7D.gif
#14288 2 years ago

My NAVI espp hit today at $20.43 with a buyin price of $6.89. Sadly we were capped at 7.5k

Regardless, it goes in bosco's win column and everyone should have a drink to celebrate.!

#14289 2 years ago

So back to Amazon, I'd really like to get in on the action but it's hard to pull the trigger with the share price being $3000+. Thats a bug chunk of my monthly investment allowance. Regardless if it drops to $3,000, I'm in.

#14290 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So AMZN a good buy Monday?

#14291 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

So back to Amazon, I'd really like to get in on the action but it's hard to pull the trigger with the share price being $3000+. Thats a bug chunk of my monthly investment allowance. Regardless if it drops to $3,000, I'm in.

Some brokers are allowing fractional shares now. Buy 0.01 share for $30 instead.

#14292 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think you are rather smart and you know a shit ton more about options trading and the like than I do. Plus, I can guarantee that you are better pinball player than I am. What say we call it a draw?

I know just enough to know I'd rather sell them than buy them. I'll let somebody else gamble while I'm slowly pocketing the decay in premiums.

I was that guy in school that never said anything, but set the curve on all the tests. People thought I was a genius, but in reality I was at home studying until bedtime every night. I had high standards. I didn't expect to be perfect, but my line for personal failure was 98% on an assignment or test. That makes trading very hard because I can't accept being wrong. I'll make 9 winning trades in a row for 2% each, then lose 20% on one loser. because I think I'm right and the market is wrong.

#14293 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Some brokers are allowing fractional shares now. Buy 0.01 share for $30 instead.

Yeah. Not mine yet. I hope they do soon. Its weird though because they allow you to DRIP dividends for fractional shares. But they brings up a good question. Which brokers is everyone using? I know that might be a personal question. Just curious

#14294 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What's the point of that?????????????????

#14295 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You know, it's all good man, he's just another guy on here. This thread is about investing right? We can share information and tips or not. I say let's share info. If you think I'm wrong tell me why you think so. Maybe I'll see it your way, maybe I'll come back and point out fallacies in your statement...who knows. I think we can all agree on the golden rule: Don't attack others who have a different outlook on the market.

Who's attacking others who have different outlooks on the market? I mean other than what Ice does regularly in here? I was calling out why he was whining about leaving which wasn't about the market. He didn't get moderated because of his stock picks. People seem to have glossed over that. For the record, I never report people. I am not fond of the back room bs, nor his. There are plenty of other people out there (not on this site) that you can get financial advice from that aren't nearly as bi polar and thin skinned. The only person who gets upset and lashes out and calls everyone who disagrees with him 'dummies' (and we all know that's the word because he's been modded so much for the personal attacks) and takes his ball home when people disagree with him and call him on his bs is Ice. And yet..so many here still try and kiss his ass. It's...disturbing.

and for the record, the drama that someone mentioned, almost always starts with something Ice says...I keep the peace until he starts up his rhetoric. Just because I don't like what he has to say doesn't mean I want him hushed. I just call him on his bs. I'm not disputing his stock skills.

#14296 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Exactly my dilemma. I am not the big player some of the others in here are.

#14297 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its more likely shes right, then wrong. Got proof shes wrong? All are vaxxed and covid free. Sure!

The fact is 50% of the 'white state' is not vaccinated, as well as over 1/3 of the rest of the population. She might want to start there. Didn't think I would need to call it out. Not only that, why go blaming the easy outs when you don't even believe it to be a problem to begin with? Can't have it both ways. It's the normal process of deferring 'what aboutism'.

#14298 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Who's attacking others who have different outlooks on the market? I mean other than what Ice does regularly in here? I was calling out why he was whining about leaving which wasn't about the market. He didn't get moderated because of his stock picks. People seem to have glossed over that. For the record, I never report people. I am not fond of the back room bs, nor his. There are plenty of other people out there (not on this site) that you can get financial advice from that aren't nearly as bi polar and thin skinned. The only person who gets upset and lashes out and calls everyone who disagrees with him 'dummies' (and we all know that's the word because he's been modded so much for the personal attacks) and takes his ball home when people disagree with him and call him on his bs is Ice. And yet..so many here still try and kiss his ass. It's...disturbing.
and for the record, the drama that someone mentioned, almost always starts with something Ice says...

Sorry I wasn't clear, I wasn't saying you were, I was just talking hypothetically about it. By the way I don't like the fact that you were attacked for your view indirectly, also if someone reported him, oh well. I don't care...there are rules of the road, even here. If someone attacks me for no good reason I hit back.

#14299 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:Sorry I wasn't clear, I wasn't saying you were, I was just talking hypothetically about it. By the way I don't like the fact that you were attacked for your view indirectly, also if someone reported him, oh well. I don't care...there are rules of the road, even here. If someone attacks me for no good reason I hit back.

Ah, I was a bit confused by your last post, I see I misunderstood what you were saying and yes, I agree. I am that way too.

#14300 2 years ago

I bought some pins at $58 this morning. I also bought some Advanced Auto Parts (AAP) at $212. I mistyped Apple when checking stock and it came up. It got me thinking. A lot of people are buying used cars right now because of a shortage in new cars. My dad decided to buy a used Tahoe last month and it was a huge mistake. He has spent a bunch of money fixing all the little problems it has. I know it’s probably not wise to buy based on personal experiences, but what the heck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.