Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 421.
#14201 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Slow and steady wins the race. Asset allocation is key in uncertain times
I'll put up my annual return against yours whenever you want.

Not a competition at all. I have zero to prove to some rando talking stocks on a pinball forum. I am quite happy with my various strategies and the associated returns on them. As always, I continue to wish everybody good luck.

#14202 2 years ago

Looks like Robinhood is going to open around 40 bucks. I do not like this stock and think it is playing with fire. Good luck to anybody that gets into this one.

#14203 2 years ago

Moving on, took about a $112k eye poker on FB call. Decided to exit versus stay around. A little offset to my Apple gains.

I still think FB moves much higher but probably consolidates in the short run now and time is not on your side purchasing a call

The regulatory overhang is still a bit cloudy but i think they ALL navigate through the Govt issues and privacy concerns coming.

PINS? Who knows, that guy is like the Paypal CEO. It's a long term hold for me but it would be nice to see him give some future guidance with some clarity. Certainly not running up into earnings. .

Let's rock and roll!!!

And yes, market blowing off the comical "masking" charade.

#14204 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Not a competition at all. I have zero to prove to some rando talking stocks on a pinball forum. I am quite happy with my various strategies and the associated returns on them. As always, I continue to wish everybody good luck.

Thanks~ I was coming back at you because of your " I don't know about you brother" comment. Let's not stifle opposing views on here, it's healthy to have opposing views especially in stocks, someone might know something that can he helpful. When we get complacent we can lose our shirt. Different strategies and different commentaries are good and should be welcomed.

#14205 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks like Robinhood is going to open around 40 bucks. I do not like this stock and think it is playing with fire. Good luck to anybody that gets into this one.

Personally I would love to see it crash and then become a meme stock. The irony would be delicious.

#14206 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thanks~ I was coming back at you because of your " I don't know about you brother" comment. Let's not stifle opposing views on here, it's healthy to have opposing views especially in stocks, someone might know something that can he helpful. When we get complacent we can lose our shirt. Different strategies and different commentaries are good and should be welcomed.

It's all good. I only made the comment because you were talking about China and then listed a Korean company. That is why I had the smiley face

I think one thing in general that would help this community is that people share their thesis when the make a call. I try to do that with my picks and would encourage others to do the same. Candidly, there are a lot of people that shout out random calls that have no substantiation and I immediately ignore them. That is not saying the pick is good or bad, but I encourage you to articulate why you make a pick. Goes back to my whole schtick of having a plan, etc.

#14207 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It's all good. I only made the comment because you were talking about China and then listed a Korean company. That is why I had the smiley face
I think one thing in general that would help this community is that people share their thesis when the make a call. I try to do that with my picks and would encourage others to do the same. Candidly, there are a lot of people that shout out random calls that have no substantiation and I immediately ignore them. That is not saying the pick is good or bad, but I encourage you to articulate why you make a pick. Goes back to my whole schtick of having a plan, etc.

Cough cough CCIV... I mean LCID!

DIDI is doing well, but will exit soon as it's a roller coaster.

#14208 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Cough cough CCIV... I mean LCID!
DIDI is doing well, but will exit soon as it's a roller coaster.

Was not directed at any particular person.

DIDI is crazy with all the news on that one. Who knows what is going to happen.

#14209 2 years ago

Hiti is making some sort of move today, bought some shares earlier with some free Canadian cash. It's been way oversold, there's also a shareholder meeting today at noon, maybe some big announcement? We'll see.

Having said that, this stock does have the tenacity to drop once a "catalyst" passes.

#14210 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I like this idea and will go first.

I won't go into too much personal detail but will give a little background to give everyone an idea and how my strategy has been developed.

I have a CDN and US index fund that I contribute to every 2 weeks. And a pension plan for my retirement. These are my main investment vehicles. The index funds have very low MERs and are focused on tech, banks and natural resources.

With that said, I want to stay away from stocks that are already in my index funds. So I look at other areas of the market for stocks in gambling, groceries, garbage, physical tech companies, pipelines, cybersecurity/data, weed, etc. Things I think will do well down the road.

Some are short plays and some are long term holds.

AMD - long
ATD.B.TO - long
GNOG - short
HEXO - short
MAC - short
PLTR - long
SABR - short-ish
TTD - short-ish
TSM - long
PBA (PPL.TO) - long
GFL (GFL.TO) - long

GNOG, HEXO, SABR, MAC and TTD were all stocks I found out about on this thread. And I am appreciative of that.

#14211 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yes, yes, yes, put the WHY behind what you are doing or its worthless! Right or wrong, nobody is going to judge you, and you aren't going to be right all the time, the goal is to make money long term. And today is NOT one of those days for me, sometimes you gotta feel the short term pain to get the long term gain fellas.

#14212 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes, yes, yes, put the WHY behind what you are doing or its worthless! Right or wrong, nobody is going to judge you, and you aren't going to be right all the time, the goal is to make money long term. And today is NOT one of those days for me, sometimes you gotta feel the short term pain to get the long term gain fellas.

Exactly. I sold a little AMD and all my LULU yesterday. In hindsight, I could have made more money waiting today. But I had my why right in my head, so it does not bother me in the least. And at the end of the day, I made good money, which is what we are after.

#14213 2 years ago

For about 5 minutes today I hit an all time high for me. I guess if my meager so-so choices are still going up, the market must be okay.

#14214 2 years ago

Nice spike with TELL, LNG deal with Shell is big for them IMO.

#14215 2 years ago

What's the hot buy today? Sold off most of the daytrade stocks in our IRA's so I'm ready to buy the next round.

#14216 2 years ago

What did PINS miss on? Thought results looked good but down after hours. Thanks.

#14217 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What did PINS miss on? Thought results looked good but down after hours. Thanks.

Huge decline in active users.

#14218 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Huge decline in active users.

"However, Pinterest's monthly active users (MAU), a widely watched metric indicating users' level of engagement with the platform, grew only 9% to 454 million in the second quarter. Analysts on average estimated 487.1 million."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-pinterest-user-growth-slows-201806136.html

#14219 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"However, Pinterest's monthly active users (MAU), a widely watched metric indicating users' level of engagement with the platform, grew only 9% to 454 million in the second quarter. Analysts on average estimated 487.1 million."
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-pinterest-user-growth-slows-201806136.html

I'm just going by what the talking head on CNBC said when I was listening in my car on the way home from work. They didn't get into the details of the miss (decline in US / growth International maybe?).

#14220 2 years ago

Down is not the word for PINS....absolutely tanked. I was up, now down 14% on it....f'ng crazy.

So what is the over/under on Ice's mood tomorrow?

#14221 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Down is not the word for PINS....absolutely tanked. I was up, now down 14% on it....f'ng crazy.

That's the type of report that usually sends a stock drifting lower in search of a bottom for a while. You never know though. TDOC was down huge after their earnings and closed green the next day.

#14222 2 years ago

Never quite understood the appeal of pins, but maybe it's worth a swing trade if it drops low enough.

#14223 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ice got in real early, so it’s just paper profits evaporating.

Me however, my cost basis is around $69 so…ouch.

AMZN ain’t pretty either.

Looks like July overall has blown up my 2021. Now to review and regroup.

#14224 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Back up the truck on the dip I would guess.

#14225 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Time to dump it and move on to another stock.

#14226 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I like this idea! It could really help the little fish, like myself, grow and learn. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll be posting my thesis too!

#14227 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I like this idea! It could really help the little fish, like myself, grow and learn. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll be posting my thesis too!

Everybody has a thesis. It is good practice to express it and helps validate why you are making a decision.

#14228 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Everybody has a thesis. It is good practice to express it and helps validate why you are making a decision.

Isn’t that an old Mike Tyson quote?

#14229 2 years ago

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

#14230 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Truer words have never been spoken.

#14231 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's neither common nor uncommon, it's just risky...normally you buy something in anticipation of a good quarter or news and

Ice got in real early, so it’s just paper profits evaporating.
Me however, my cost basis is around $69 so…ouch.
AMZN ain’t pretty either.
Looks like July overall has blown up my 2021. Now to review and regroup.

PINS. Made a mistake, but only 55 shares at $86. Im Looooooong on this!

#14232 2 years ago

What the effing eff! I didnt see the $14 plunge after hours. Eff im a dumbass for biying on the top, just as the covid was subsiding..

I guess I can cash out and pay my JCH deposit off.

#14233 2 years ago

i'm in on pins at 35 and 50. Short term gains for another 1 to 2 months...wondering if I should hold.

#14234 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

i'm in on pins at 35 and 50. Short term gains for another 1 to 2 months...wondering if I should hold.

Obviously, im no genius, but id sell. Its at $58 after hours. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

#14235 2 years ago

Maybe they can pull a tdoc out of their hat.

Or not

Either way, the siren call of the falling knife is pulling me over the stern.

#14237 2 years ago

Nope. I have no knowledge, but how can there be mau confusion? Either you have the #s or you dont. Bunch of people trying to rewrite their own history. I fell for it. Lost half, which isnt much, but stings a little and was a good reminder.

#14238 2 years ago

Looks like a bunch of downgrades on PINS. This is the same cycle for PINS, up big then down big. The downs are getting more extreme though. I think we are going to see it fall further into the 40's.

#14239 2 years ago

Don't feel so bad now about taking PINS profits in the 60's

#14240 2 years ago

I’m still up 32% on PINS but today’s drop was unexpected to me. Jeez revenue still more than doubled.

#14241 2 years ago

Pins is locked in the file cabinet for me, my position is as built out as I’d like it to be. If it drops low enough I’ll buy a little more. Definitely not selling. Apple, hold and buy more on dips. This name doesn’t get much love here, but has been a stellar performer for me over the last year and a half, Tesla.
And I’m still taking a beating on beyond meat, I assumed they would gain a ton of traction post pandemic but it has not.

#14242 2 years ago

Well pulled the plug on PINS. Bought at the top, going to take awhile to get back up into the upper 80s.

#14243 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Looks like a bunch of downgrades on PINS. This is the same cycle for PINS, up big then down big. The downs are getting more extreme though. I think we are going to see it fall further into the 40's.

Why?

#14244 2 years ago

Hit me up on PM if you want to discuss anything related to real research and analysis that affects the markets like Covid

Tom Lee does great daily analysis and what it means

Since people lose their minds over it and whine to the mods like babies I’m just gonna have PM conversations. Gl.

As for PINS, try actually reading the Andres seeking alpha analysis and then just make up your minds what your time frame is. I agree that short term there won’t be any catalyst to drive it back up until we get through the holidays to see what it looks like. Revenues and profitability were fantastic. Mau’s about Covid, cough cough, we’ll see over peak time

Deal with Shopify is in infancy.

Can it go lower? Everything can. Making some stupid comment about it going to X is pulling it out of your ass and you are lost!!! If you believe your BS then short it now

At least I’d have some respect for taking a position and acting on it

Im off to Maui. Later.

Gl

#14245 2 years ago

If pins breaks through the previous low of 55.45 look out for a big drop

#14246 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If pins breaks through the previous low of 55.45 look out for a big drop

IF a pig had wings it could fly

Then you should short it now weir. With all your idle cash and great analysis. Gl

#14247 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since people lose their minds over it and whine to the mods like babies

This is nuts.....Wow! Why would anybody do something like this? Your input is valued and appreciated

#14248 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This is nuts.....Wow! Why would anybody do something like this? Your input is valued and appreciated

Just pm me buddy. I’ll be around.

Like Matt said, no need to deal with the ignorant randos in that thread. . That’s the downside.

#14249 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF a pig had wings it could fly
Then you should short it now weir. With all your idle cash and great analysis. Gl

It's ok Ice - I know you are always right and can't take it when someone says something about taking another path. We get it.

edit - just for the record - I followed your advice on pins and bought in, sold it when it hit 85 so I appreciate the call.

#14250 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since people lose their minds over it and whine to the mods like babies I’m just gonna have PM conversations. Gl.

Well this is a sad statement. It's hard for me to believe people would complain about the information posted here. Whether the information turns out to be right or wrong, it is up to each individual to pick through and make there own decisions. I will miss your information ICE if you are truly reducing your time here. Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge on this subject to have a PM conversation with you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/285 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.