Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9AAF7B68-AAA3-4300-BC00-79BED1D6A7E5.gif
F2F80B39-5A54-4457-986E-592EA0187622 (resized).png
B9A62C8B-ACA8-4E26-88D4-DB124DA42FC2 (resized).jpeg
8E0EDAB1-5C17-4D01-BA91-9BB0C72DED7D.gif
giphy.gif
rando-im-am-throbbing-with-justice-this-is-what-happens-when-action-figures-take-steroids-400756 (resized).jpg
sideways (resized).png
395092D2-4A8B-4C48-A51C-BD3411327FEE (resized).jpeg
adult inflatable pools (resized).jpg
3E51D3C3-F133-46D1-B9BB-9C534EB055A6 (resized).jpeg
200.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
A8A425F7-BE85-4D6F-8E45-6A9218287B20 (resized).jpeg
4252DDAA-1FB2-4877-8076-764347CAC5AA (resized).jpeg

There are 14372 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 288.
#14101 11 days ago

I honestly think there will be plenty more. The market is looking for the smallest thing to justify running.

#14102 11 days ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I’m up a small amount this week, I completely missed the buying opportunity earlier in the week though “face palm”

In hindsight, yet once again.
Should have backed up a truck on monday.

#14103 10 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

In hindsight, yet once again.
Should have backed up a truck on monday.

Right? I wish I had moved more money and loaded up on my CCL and NCLH! Could have turned about a 10k profit in a few days.

#14104 10 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

CRWD and CYBR. Will do great now; will do fine with any year end rotation. Cyber security spending is through the roof for the government in the budget that starts Oct 1. I pulled the numbers during my business review last week and what the government is going to spend is large.
Time to go drink rum...

Hey, these are aging well. I guess a broke clock is right every once in a while.

#14105 10 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey, these are aging well. I guess a broke clock is right every once in a while.

I was going to ask you what price point was a solid entry level into those 2.

#14106 10 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:Hey, these are aging well. I guess a broke clock is right every once in a while.

I had a fair amount of CRWD I had from last year and sold all in Feb when I did my high growth purge. I bought back a smaller chunk today to add to my long term higher growth hold positions.

#14107 10 days ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:I was going to ask you what price point was a solid entry level into those 2.

Not in front of my computer but would say around here. I am in lower on both but this should be a pretty good area. You might get a couple bucks pull back.

#14108 10 days ago

I've been holding CRWD since Jan. Not holding nearly enough, but it is doing well. I also agree, that long term CRWD should do well.

#14109 10 days ago

Rough ride for TXN today

#14110 10 days ago

Check out PINS ah on Snap earnings

#14111 10 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Check out PINS ah on Snap earnings

Dejavu.....seems like we saw this story play out a few months ago. Guessing wait for the pullback to buy in again.

#14112 10 days ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Dejavu.....seems like we saw this story play out a few months ago. Guessing wait for the pullback to buy in again.

Think we already had the pullback to $57 a few months ago but that happened on no Covid clarity or guidance

And back to $68 a few days ago

The CEO has been great at building the business and the ecosystem. It’s huge

He’s the worst salesman ever so you never know what that guy will say on the conf call

Clarity drives this higher like the other digital media guys

#14113 10 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

on Snap earnings

As an IPO buyer, love me some snap!

#14114 10 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t forget the stock buyback yield which adds another 4.5-5% yield to the stock that we don’t have to pay tax on until we sell Apple
As Apple hits a new high my Oct calls, 500 contracts, are up 140% since June 21st purchase date.
PINS? Jan 21, 2022 calls, 130 contracts up 290%. Will exercise those calls to avoid the tax hit and if I want to sell 13k shares Will do it in IRA. Still have 45,000 shares
SE up 410%. LONG TERM hold
Market going UP in second half due to a myriad of factors and tailwinds previously discussed led by ENERGY, big tech, industrials, materials and “epicenter”
Yes, at some point there will be a “correction” again. Does anyone remember Covid last year? Hope so, if you didn’t use that opportunity to make a lot of money then you will have another chance one year
A turn in Fed policy and tax policy are two bug things I’ll be paying attention to

This is the way. Buy the dips in the quality companies with options far out. What other options plays would u recommend? Im liking AMZN GOOGL and SNAP.

#14115 9 days ago
Quoted from Av8:

This is the way. Buy the dips in the quality companies with options far out. What other options plays would u recommend? Im liking AMZN GOOGL and SNAP.

SQ

#14116 9 days ago

Bought some more DiDi this morning at 9.09 and at 8.64. I'm averaged in at 9.48. If it drops below 7.76 I'll buy some more. I think this is a regulatory hickup and it will be back above 10 by September. I also think its going to go down further before it comes back up. YMMV.

#14117 9 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I also think its going to go down further before it comes back up. YMMV.

So why buy at these levels if you think it's going down more?

#14118 9 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So why buy at these levels if you think it's going down more?

I have no idea where it will bottom out. I'm dollar cost averaging down.

#14119 9 days ago

Just bought some HEXO and GFL. GFL is another long term play for me.

TTD is smashing it today!

#14120 9 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Bought some more DiDi this morning at 9.09 and at 8.64. I'm averaged in at 9.48. If it drops below 7.76 I'll buy some more. I think this is a regulatory hickup and it will be back above 10 by September. I also think its going to go down further before it comes back up. YMMV.

'Looks' like you might be going down the same path you did with cciv months ago. Careful.....

#14121 9 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

'Looks' like you might be going down the same path you did with cciv months ago. Careful.....

Proverbs 26:11

#14122 9 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Definitely seems like a gamble at this point…if I was forced to play, I would bet on the bigger boys that have been let’s say “paying respects” to the regulators. For example, JD.

Probably more gain with didi than jd, but jd would be as far as my risk tolerance goes.

#14123 9 days ago

I am rooting for you bro but I would not be buying Didi or Chinese stocks at this time. Too many external factors at this time.

#14124 9 days ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Just bought some HEXO and GFL. GFL is another long long term play for me.
TTD is smashing it today!

Thanks for heads up I’ve been waiting to sell all my TTD and today is the day.

#14125 9 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I am rooting for you bro but I would not be buying Didi or Chinese stocks at this time. Too many external factors at this time.

I was in Nio for a while and felt a similar way and have been avoiding Chinese stocks as well, even thought there are some great companies with impressive plans and lots of growth potential. Both the Chinese and US governments can have too much influence on their fates.

#14126 9 days ago

PYPL continues to be on fire, the shares I bought in March are up 21.5%, whish I bought more.

#14127 9 days ago

I want to play tech with an defensive stance, Pharma is looking great to me. Moderna is killing it, Eli Lilly is trending up too, lot's of new drugs in the pipeline. If you're looking for a gamble there is Alzheimer drug by Cassava Sciences SAVA that has shown to be even more effective than Biogen's drug...if you remember Biogen doubled on the news of the approval, I bought a small position at 88...if the next round of testing shows efficacy this thing will blow up.

#14128 9 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I want to play tech with an defensive stance, Pharma is looking great to me. Moderna is killing it, Eli Lilly is trending up too, lot's of new drugs in the pipeline. If you're looking for a gamble there is Alzheimer drug by Cassava Sciences SAVA that has shown to be even more effective than Biogen's drug...if you remember Biogen doubled on the news of the approval, I bought a small position at 88...if the next round of testing shows efficacy this thing will blow up.

didn't one of them just get determined to be a bunch of BS?

#14129 9 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The Pfizer shares I bought in March are up 17% if you are looking for a pretty safe Pharma buy. Nasdaq and Tech killing it right now, I'm glad I wasn't gun shy and diving back in.

#14130 9 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The Pfizer shares I bought in March are up 17% if you are looking for a pretty safe Pharma buy. Nasdaq and Tech killing it right now, I'm glad I wasn't gun shy and diving back in.

I agree, I did buy Pizer a month ago, I should say I traded it. I'm looking to get back in and staying in...we're in a new frontier of sorts when it comes to these new drugs, it's like the dam finally broke and there is a whole slew of new advanced drugs are coming in the market, like the messenger RNA and CRISPR etc..

Quoted from Zablon:

didn't one of them just get determined to be a bunch of BS?

The talk was about Biogen actually, they're charging 56k a yr for that drug and it barely does anything, the Cassava one was twice as effective clearing the neural pathways in the study, there is a third drug by yet another company that's even more effective but it's still in preliminary round.

#14131 9 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I agree, I did buy Pizer a month ago, I should say I traded it. I'm looking to get back in and staying in...we're in a new frontier of sorts when it comes to these new drugs, it's like the dam finally broke and there is a whole slew of new advanced drugs are coming in the market, like the messenger RNA and CRISPR etc..

The talk was about Biogen actually, they're charging 56k a yr for that drug and it barely does anything, the Cassava one was twice as effective clearing the neural pathways in the study, there is a third drug by yet another company that's even more effective but it's still in preliminary round.

Thanks for the tip! Keep them coming!

#14132 9 days ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Glen Campbell might have paid that amount. After all, he wasn't a Wichita Lineman.....

#14133 9 days ago

As I lounge drinking 126 proof 12 year Panamanian Rum during my not a vacation (I hate some of my customers), here are my random thoughts for you to consider.

We are probably going to go back to masks at some point but by and large, the Covid pandemic is wrapping up. One of my clients told me as much when they gave me some unappreciated news this week during vacation that I had to action. Don’t get me wrong, it is still there, but look how the reporting is being downplayed…. A problem for Monday DBLM to look at, not Friday DBLM.

I like certain big tech, retail, gambling, travel based upon above. I am concerned about certain pharma based upon above.

Cyber plays are your friend.

I am not as much a fan in energy as some of you.

I am staying away from China. To many exogenous (look it up) factors at play.

JPM and PayPal are killer. Probably sq as well.

A few plays such as AI and PLTR I will be rotating out off at some point.

LULU has been killer but I will probably ring the register there soon.

MSFT is as close to set it and forget it from a tech stock perspective doe the next 5 years.

Political statement: Dems are concerned about the midterms next year and are going to try and ramrod things in with a narrow majority. If you are a student of politics, the party in power normally does poorly in the midterms. Interpret that however you wish and act accordingly.

Anyway, that is enough rambling missives for now. Enjoy your weekend and we will pick up the good fight again next week.

3E51D3C3-F133-46D1-B9BB-9C534EB055A6 (resized).jpeg
#14134 9 days ago

I was taking your advice seriously until I saw that you’re drinking good rum out of a plastic cup.

#14135 9 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I was taking your advice seriously until I saw that you’re drinking good rum out of a plastic cup.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"56209e828caef43d88496d8af58fd892de504ac5-1627084714-1800"};
//]]>

When you own a pool, you don't let glass near it.

#14136 9 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d906b7b21164ed8b868f538734b48520e1d07a6b-1627084762-1800"};
//]]>

Both valid points.

#14137 9 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

This man gets it. Good glasses come out with bourbon late in the night.

#14138 9 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Your preaching to the choir

adult inflatable pools (resized).jpg
#14139 9 days ago
Quoted from DBLM:

As I lounge drinking 126 proof 12 year Panamanian Rum during my not a vacation (I hate some of my customers), here are my random thoughts for you to consider.
We are probably going to go back to masks at some point but by and large, the Covid pandemic is wrapping up. One of my clients told me as much when they gave me some unappreciated news this week during vacation that I had to action. Don’t get me wrong, it is still there, but look how the reporting is being downplayed…. A problem for Monday DBLM to look at, not Friday DBLM.
I like certain big tech, retail, gambling, travel based upon above. I am concerned about certain pharma based upon above.
Cyber plays are your friend.
I am not as much a fan in energy as some of you.
I am staying away from China. To many exogenous (look it up) factors at play.
JPM and PayPal are killer. Probably sq as well.
A few plays such as AI and PLTR I will be rotating out off at some point.
LULU has been killer but I will probably ring the register there soon.
MSFT is as close to set it and forget it from a tech stock perspective doe the next 5 years.
Political statement: Dems are concerned about the midterms next year and are going to try and ramrod things in with a narrow majority. If you are a student of politics, the party in power normally does poorly in the midterms. Interpret that however you wish and act accordingly.
Anyway, that is enough rambling missives for now. Enjoy your weekend and we will pick up the good fight again next week.
[quoted image]

Your sound advise is much appreciated. Enjoy!

#14140 7 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Ummm, than how do you smoke crack by the pool? Hmmm?

#14141 7 days ago

Ummm, than how do you smoke crack by the pool? Hmmm?

The soda can method, lol.

#14142 7 days ago

Was in the Apple store yesterday. As usual it was jam packed.

Went in for my kids for college return, laptop and desktop, walked out with a new desktop myself (online buy, the cool colors!), 3 magnetic iPhone chargers (very cool) and a set of iPod pros (can’t find my others)

I’m going to sell 1/2 of my 500 Oct contracts on Mon or tue and roll dice with rest, house money.

I’m barbelling tech and energy right now. PINS, AAPL, TTD, SE, UPST, FVRR and SQ

On the heels of a terrible week the week before, back to fresh new all time highs for me

Apple on tue, PINS on Thur.

Will roll $$$ into PATH on Apple
Sale

#14143 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Was in the Apple store yesterday. As usual it was jam packed.
Went in for my kids for college return, laptop and desktop, walked out with a new desktop myself (online buy, the cool colors!), 3 magnetic iPhone chargers (very cool) and a set of iPod pros (can’t find my others)
I’m going to sell 1/2 of my 500 Oct contracts on Mon or tue and roll dice with rest, house money.
I’m barbelling tech and energy right now. PINS, AAPL, TTD, SE, UPST, FVRR and SQ
On the heels of a terrible week the week before, back to fresh new all time highs for me
Apple on tue, PINS on Thur.
Will roll $$$ into PATH on Apple
Sale

U doing calls or buying stock in PATH?

#14144 7 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

U doing calls or buying stock in PATH?

Hmmm, maybe a little of both. I need to get the lockup date on insider stock options

Andres, “Data Driven Investor”, pick and Cathie Wood of Ark has been buying it literally EVERY DAY across multiple etfs. Tech, FinTech and one more

U and COIN are two other frequent buys

Yeah I know, some of you are much smarter than her and her research team. Let me know when YOU set up your own etf for me to invest in.

Might add some UPST calls into Aug 10 earnings

#14145 7 days ago

IF the 10 yr rate remains in the range down here AND the Delta masking hysteria ramps up into the fall the so called “stay at home” growth stocks will continue to rise.

But I thought the 10 yr was making a bee line straight to 2%? Almost the entirety of Wall Street wrong again on that call.

I think it’s nonsense, that narrative. PINS, TTD, SE, MELI, SQ etc are LONG TERM winners, albeit swings of potentially really big volatility, like we have already seen

What worries me? Hmmm, when is the stagflation chatter gonna intensify?

Well it depends on how much MORE government waste gets pumped into the system on budget reconciliation coming up

I’m hopeful with majority margins being so razor thin and 2022 is right around the corner

Speaking of 2022, I’ve parked my chair right by the door. As things evolve I might stand up and have one foot out the door

Gonna be really interesting and need to have a plan for the short term money.

#14146 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF the 10 yr rate remains in the range down here AND the Delta masking hysteria ramps up into the fall the so called “stay at home” growth stocks will continue to rise.
But I thought the 10 yr was making a bee line straight to 2%? Almost the entirety of Wall Street wrong again on that call.

I think Wall street thought that the SLR exemption was going to extend instead of expiring on March 31, based upon Fed history of kicking the can down the road that was a legitimate assumption. That's the day when rates peaked and the reverse repo started taking off. There's definitely a problem in the financial system currently, it's just a matter of whether it's going to amount to an issue or not. There's a debate right now about whether the reverse repo is starting to slowly suck liquidity from the market in the background, which is why the market is getting more sluggish with less and less participants to the upside.

#14147 6 days ago

sataneatscheese, I really hope you did not buy more DIDI. It just got downgraded and is down almost a buck in the premarket. The research article says it is too murky to buy the dip at this time. Fingers crossed for you, brother.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/26/didi-global-stock-downgrade-atlantic.html

#14148 6 days ago

China stocks are in turmoil, wonder if this is a good time to buy when others are fearful??

Baba is down 21% YTD

#14149 6 days ago
Quoted from rai:

China stocks are in turmoil, wonder if this is a good time to buy when others are fearful??
Baba is down 21% YTD

Two rules to live by:

1) Don’t fight the fed
2) Don’t fuck with the ccp.

#14150 6 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Two rules to live by:
1) Don’t fight the fed
2) Don’t fuck with the ccp.

Lol. No doubt. Who knows re China and when the knife stops dropping

Energy rallying today

COIN up on Amazon Bitcoin news.

There are 14372 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 288.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside