200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
hawks.gif
IMG_7782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 420.
#14051 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would agree with DBLM and Ice on this one. The last 8-10 months have been pretty easy money. I just don't want to lose it all in the next 3 months

Well, that would have been a good endorsement if you hadn't added that last part...cause that's the crux of the whole discussion..we've all made money, I'm trying to keep it.

#14052 2 years ago

For the record, my pants are officially down around my ankles. I just hope someone will give me some money to pull them back up.

#14053 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, that would have been a good endorsement if you hadn't added that last part...cause that's the crux of the whole discussion..we've all made money, I'm trying to keep it.

Well, last time around, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen and I bailed. This time...I have no idea what is going to happen. Lots of people are still very bullish. Read the article I posted above talking about millenials chomping at the bit to buy every dip the rest of the year.

What I can say is I probably would have been even better off had I not bailed last year. I got back in later than I should have. If I had just bought down the entire time, the gains would have been much more. It still hurts to watch gains evaporate though... but that gives me some direction for whatever is coming.

#14054 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, last time around, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen and I bailed. This time...I have no idea what is going to happen. Lots of people are still very bullish. Read the article I posted above talking about millenials chomping at the bit to buy every dip the rest of the year. .

I hear ya...one last piece for the future, be careful in 2022, first the tapering, then the interest rate hike.due to inflation and possible stagflation, after that they will talk about the debt and the debt ceiling, which may cause govt shutdown, if you see any sign of that run...the bear market may finally show it's ugly head then..forget what you read here. I've seen this movie before

#14055 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Back to the rum…

..or Jack.

Took a hard hit like most of y'all today. Will see if it rebounds some menana.

#14056 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I hear ya...one last piece for the future, be careful in 2022, first the tapering, then the interest rate hike.due to inflation and possible stagflation, after that they will talk about the debt and the debt ceiling, which may cause govt shutdown, if you see any sign of that run...the bear market may finally show it's ugly head then..forget what you read here. I've seen this movie before

Plenty of ways to make money in a bear market. Just requires having a plan, which most people don’t.

#14057 2 years ago

Fwiw, Cathie Wood and ARKK bought more COIN and PATH today......again. That's been the trend for weeks now. In top 10 holdings of respective ETF's. I find it interesting to see their daily trades. SQ, SHOP, PYPL, SE are top 4 in "Fintech" etf. PINS #11. COIN is in ARKK and ARKF

Don't forget to keep a jar of vaseline handy. It helps while grabbing your ankles! BOHICA

#14058 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Plenty of ways to make money in a bear market. Just requires having a plan, which most people don’t.

That's true,.let's hope this one has a little more gas in the tank some can have a soft landing.

#14059 2 years ago

DIDI finally dipped under $11 so I bought some shares. Will double down if it dips below 10.

#14060 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

DIDI finally dipped under $11 so I bought some shares. Will double down if it dips below 10.

Maybe better to buy the calls as now option eligible? Put less capital at risk with the same upside potential.

#14061 2 years ago

aaaaand I'm back into my oil stocks.

#14062 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

We should talk about that before it arrives.

I prefer puts on shorter term stuff.

This will also by my first time riding one out after learning about REITs. People still shop, stay in hotels, and have offices in a bear market, but maybe some categories of REITs are better than others in a bear market. I’d like to stay long in some and collect some dividends, and maybe even some cheaper shares.

Then there’s always your toothpaste and shampoo companies.

#14063 2 years ago

for you energy investors, bought some COG this morning

#14064 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

for you energy investors, bought some COG this morning

Listened to the HAL conference call. Believes they are in a “multi year up cycle and increasing demand for their services”

“Strong macro demand”

Almost 5% bounce back today for HAL

Energy overall looks really good to me as an undervalued sector relative to the S&P multiple

I think it requires longer term patience

Reminder to read that EPD article

#14065 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Listened to the HAL conference call. Believes they are in a “multi year up cycle and increasing demand for their services”
“Strong macro demand”
Almost 5% bounce back today for HAL
Energy overall looks really good to me as an undervalued sector relative to the S&P multiple
I think it requires longer term patience
Reminder to read that EPD article

I have fine with a long term hold while collecting the dividend
Already own EPD

#14066 2 years ago

The problem with "I'm sitting on xy% cash' is you have to use it. Anyone who was in cash at -900 point down dow day should have deployed a lot yesterday or else they are waiting and missing on all the upside on the hope they can time the true top and true bottom.

#14067 2 years ago

Guidance should be great for all oil service companies and drillers. Gonna be a juicy few weeks of earnings and then dividends.

#14068 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The problem with "I'm sitting on xy% cash' is you have to use it. Anyone who was in cash at -900 point down dow day should have deployed a lot yesterday or else they are waiting and missing on all the upside on the hope they can time the true top and true bottom.

I wish I had gone in heavier but alas, I didn't.

You are correct that I am waiting for an April 2020 scenario to jump in real hard. But that is probably just causing me to lose out on some great earnings.

#14069 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's only true if it continues up. If it continues down, you havn't missed anything. The month trend is certainly down at this point. These appear to be fake outs in the short term.

#14070 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I wish I had gone in heavier but alas, I didn't.
You are correct that I am waiting for an April 2020 scenario to jump in real hard. But that is probably just causing me to lose out on some great earnings.

Dude, you head fake yourself out so much. You just have to jump in sometimes and ride the lightning. This second half is shaping up to be profitable so you need to push it now. There will be a rotation towards the end of the year where you can recalibrate.

#14071 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Guidance should be great for all oil service companies and drillers. Gonna be a juicy few weeks of earnings and then dividends.

Can you point out some research? I cannot figure out how you guys know what sector is about to be hot and which isnt, from day to day.

#14072 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Can you point out some research? I cannot figure out how you guys know what sector is about to be hot and which isnt, from day to day.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14073 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sector has been far from hot the last month. It's just now oil companies are having earnings, earnings that will point out the gobs and gobs of money they will make. ... hopefully all that means more than a 2 percent pop.

As for your general question, I am not that guy who knows what sector is hot day to day, I have just been hyper focusing on oil stocks like a crazy person.

I am sure no one is following my advice, if they are god help you.

#14074 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes point us in direction so we have a better understanding what sector is cold vs hot

#14075 2 years ago

Full-service brokerage houses readily provide this research for their clients.

#14076 2 years ago

Yesterday, and then the complete turnaround today is a prime example of I just don't get wtf people are doing in the market. How can opinions change that drastically in 24 hours.

#14077 2 years ago

CRWD and CYBR. Will do great now; will do fine with any year end rotation. Cyber security spending is through the roof for the government in the budget that starts Oct 1. I pulled the numbers during my business review last week and what the government is going to spend is large.

Time to go drink rum...

#14078 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

CRWD and CYBR. Will do great now; will do fine with any year end rotation. Cyber security spending is through the roof for the government in the budget that starts Oct 1. I pulled the numbers during my business review last week and what the government is going to spend is large.
Time to go drink rum...

It's ridiculous here. The referral bonus, not the hiring bonus, the referral bonus is $5,000 for cleared cyber security guys here.

Now if it were me and I wanted to get some of that cyber security money from investing I wouldn't be buying CRWD or CYBR. I'd recommend any of the big defense contractors. Leidos, Lockheed Martin, etc.

#14079 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's ridiculous here. The referral bonus, not the hiring bonus, the referral bonus is $5,000 for cleared cyber security guys here.
Now if it were me and I wanted to get some of that cyber security money from investing I wouldn't be buying CRWD or CYBR. I'd recommend any of the big defense contractors. Leidos, Lockheed Martin, etc.

Here is the challenge with those SIs that you list: they are on the labor side, which is low margins, which are valued less. Additionally, most of those SIs do not break down the types of work they do when they report to the street so the cyber story is buried. You are correct in that they are doing the work, but their stories and impacts are discounted as related to cyber. That is why they are trying to create their own de offerings, which are valued higher by the street. They are in the early innings in that regard. Don’t get me wrong, they are fantastic SIs, and I work with them every day. But they are not a strong cyber presence yet in regards to the street.

For clarity sake, the research that I did was based upon the exhibit 300s, which details the capital investments that the government is making. This means sw and hw. It is a large number.

#14080 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yesterday, and then the complete turnaround today is a prime example of I just don't get wtf people are doing in the market. How can opinions change that drastically in 24 hours.

If you are leveraged or a speculator during a drop many tap out on their gains or limit losses rather than see if the position comes back then next day, week or month. Also stop losses get backed into and triggers sales.

Also - the “weak hands” tend to sell as soon as any trouble comes. They like to buy on good days though.

Institutions sell and back over all the little guys listed above and try buy back for a a few percentage points less later on and wash rinse and repeat.

Maybe “the reason” the market goes up or down is not the real reason the market goes up or down??

#14081 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

FOMO both up and down. Fear is driving the market, not rational fundamentals.

#14082 2 years ago

What a day...that was weird to say the least, now we wait for the talking heads to deceminate what it all means.. I'm guessing there is more volitality ahead before we get through this earnings season. For me my whole risk tolerance has changed now.

#14083 2 years ago

200.gif200.gif
#14084 2 years ago

oof. Good luck with that.

BKR reports tomorrow, up 4% after hours

#14085 2 years ago

BTW for those keeping track. AI is ass. I'm so down on that I pretty much have to just plan to hold it for 5+ years and hope something becomes of it.

#14086 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

BTW for those keeping track. AI is ass. I'm so down on that I pretty much have to just plan to hold it for 5+ years and hope something becomes of it.

Same. I bought above my price target. Oof.

#14087 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel the same about Altria. Bought it years ago and it hasn't ever recovered. Good dividend, but annual returns have been ass

#14088 2 years ago

Sector has been far from hot the last month. It's just now oil companies are having earnings, earnings that will point out the gobs and gobs of money they will make. ... hopefully all that means more than a 2 percent pop.
As for your general question, I am not that guy who knows what sector is hot day to day, I have just been hyper focusing on oil stocks like a crazy person.

At least you have a game plan you stick to. Follow your own instincts after listening to as many researchers, pro and con, that helps develop your conviction. You win!

#14089 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What a day...that was weird to say the least, now we wait for the talking heads to deceminate what it all means.. I'm guessing there is more volitality ahead before we get through this earnings season. For me my whole risk tolerance has changed now.

Why has it changed for you Kvan?

#14090 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Here’s a tip, nobody does. You only hear from the people that called it correct on a given day.

Think decades, not days.

#14091 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Here’s a tip, nobody does. You only hear from the people that called it correct on a given day.
Think decades, not days.

Ugh. Get some new material.

#14092 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why has it changed for you Kvan?

Well Ice, at this point like robertmee said it’s not about fundamentals now, this is psychology taking over, namely fear. We all have different risk tolerances, including myself. I can’t risk the bulk of my portfolio on the whims of this market, I’d feel a lot better if I had a little less on the line till the Volatility dies down.

#14093 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well Ice, at this point like robertmee said it’s not about fundamentals now, this is psychology taking over, namely fear. We all have different risk tolerances, including myself. I can’t risk the bulk of my portfolio on the whims of this market, I’d feel a lot better if I had a little less on the line till the Volatility dies down.

Agreed, some of us no longer care aboot "buy and hold" or "keep adding to" for the long-term.

#14094 2 years ago

Stop Losses are your Friend!
Sometimes you end up leaving cash on the table and other times it saves your Ass
If you follow a stock down 50%, it needs to go up 100% just to break even

Like Ice said, have a plan and stick to it - takes the emotion out of it

#14095 2 years ago

Market be all like "Just playin".

#14096 2 years ago

Continuing to slowly divest from CCIV. Merger vote is tomorrow with merger/ticker change to LCID Friday/Monday depending on what source you read. Just bought a little Facebook on my quest to slowly acquire heavy weighted stocks in VIGAX. GOOG/GOOGL are next on the list.

#14097 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

That's cool, i like to understand the "Why" of making moves.

ENERGY bounced right back to leading sector. F ESG boy Cramer. LOL

#14098 2 years ago

Don't know about you guys, but I am up for the week. Kind of wish I made my big buys this week as opposed to last but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

#14099 2 years ago

Yea...I'm up over what the week started. Crazy. Still down quite a bit for the month from where i was...but eh.

#14100 2 years ago

I’m up a small amount this week, I completely missed the buying opportunity earlier in the week though “face palm”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/282?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.