3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,379 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 79 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

35E5E3DB-E034-4534-99CF-822C7D30E9BF (resized).jpeg
    6F07A0D2-3C8C-4BEB-9C81-8E86FBE7A8B8 (resized).jpeg
    after (resized).png
    sold (resized).png
    before (resized).png
    IMG_2428 (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_2019-09-03 Futures Performance (resized).png
    IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2390 (resized).PNG
    Mama Happy 6K (resized).PNG
    1st 10K day (resized).jpg
    8700 (resized).png
    faketrumpphone (resized).jpg
    IMG_2310 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2314 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2313 (resized).PNG

There are 1379 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.
    #1351 19 days ago

I've got some money in a stock trade account but really have no clue where to get started with all the terminology. Any good reads I should be aware of?

#1352 19 days ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I've got some money in a stock trade account but really have no clue where to get started with all the terminology. Any good reads I should be aware of?

Barrons and value line https://www.valueline.com https://www.barrons.com/?mod=BOL_LOGO

#1353 19 days ago

Bought another 1,500 shares of Exxon at $64.83

#1354 19 days ago

Some helpful threads here also, https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

#1355 16 days ago

Guess I’ll be covering those amazon puts tomorrow.

#1356 16 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Guess I’ll be covering those amazon puts tomorrow.

Yes

#1357 16 days ago

Covered 5 amazon puts @ $2.43...initially sold 5 days ago for $31.99....whenever you're up 93% in 5 days, you lock in the profit.

Covered 2 United Healthcare calls @ $0.50...initially sold for $2.20.

#1358 11 days ago

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/stock-market-basics-everything-beginner-investors-know/

1 week later
    #1359 3 days ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I noticed LITZ hasn't posted in awhile. I decided to give his service a try. Over 3 months I lost a couple of thousand dollars. It was a good lesson to remember that there's no timing the market and all his bullshit is just that, bullshit. He liked to talk a big game but all his screenshots are nonsense.

Poor poor Jeremy always playing the victim role. I enjoyed reading some of your previous posts here on Pinside! As far as screenshots go, how about a link to the 2020 US Investing Championships? Scroll down to the bottom for the January results and you will see yours truly listed in the Stock Options division (Enhanced Growth). I had a 29% month in January and as of the close yesterday my account is up 50% YTD! This is a verified contest where I send in my broker statements. Past winners happen to be trading legends like Paul Tudor Jones.

https://financial-competitions.com/

Here is last year's Market Watch article. My name will appear in this year's press release.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/united-states-investing-championship-first-month-results-2019-02-14

I am glad you were honest about losing $2K with me and not the entire $3K you started with. There is no way to make money when you are paying insane broker commissions in Canada. But, if you remember the text messages I sent ya, I told you that my main momentum indicator had divergence starting on Oct 22nd and this lasted for 5 weeks. I did not close out my trades because I truly believed the market would rollover. I "TIMED" the market perfectly with my long only 401K account; picking bottoms and selling tops throughout 2019. So, I had no reason to think this indicator would lead me astray. I then explained how I found another momentum indicator to act as a filter since it did not show the same divergence during that Oct- Nov period.

I kept you in the trading room for free so that you could see me recover all those losses. Not only did I recover, I made 100% return on that draw down! Most ppl would have quit and given up after such a bad F- up in front of paying customers! Once I proved my point I booted you out of the room when you started asking for your 3K back! No body is capable of escaping a draw down period. That was mine for 2019 and it's unfortunate you got caught in it. This was the best thing to happen to me. It prepared me to be much more disciplined with cutting my losers when the stops are hit, no questions asked.

#1360 3 days ago

Yesterday's transactions:

Bought 3,000 shares of Conoco Phillips (COP) @ $60.29

Sold 6 Google 6/16/20 $1,460 puts @ $51.18

Sold 13,500 share of Teva @ $13.49 Average cost was $10.38, and I still own 2,500 shares that I purchased at $7.72

#1361 3 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Poor poor Jeremy always playing the victim role.

Well, I’m down $3K - I lost it all but $120 or so - so I’m not sure how I’m not a victim of following your advice? I mean, all I did was follow your trades exactly.

This was the best thing to happen to me. It prepared me to be much more disciplined with cutting my losers when the stops are hit, no questions asked.

Sadly, I was a speed bump on your road to enlightenment. We both learned an important lesson, or at least I did, about market timing - despite all your nonsense graphs, you don’t actually always make money. But hey, congrats on your growth.

Feel free to send me $3K since you’ll make it back in a couple of days!

#1362 3 days ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well, I’m down $3K - I lost it all but $120 or so - so I’m not sure how I’m not a victim of following your advice? I mean, all I did was follow your trades exactly.

Sadly, I was a speed bump on your road to enlightenment. We both learned an important lesson, or at least I did, about market timing - despite all your nonsense graphs, you don’t actually always make money. But hey, congrats on your growth.
    Feel free to send me $3K since you’ll make it back in a couple of days!

Do yourself a favor and ignore him. When an account is up 50% in 45 days, it could easily be down 50% in 45 days as well.

#1363 2 days ago

Well, I suppose it is possible that I blowup my account if I totally deviated my from entire trading system/ plan. So for your entertainment I will post the monthly results of this year long contest, win, lose, or draw.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200212005831/en/United-States-Investing-Championship-2020-Month-Results

#1364 2 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

lose, or draw. If I win though, I'll buy tomahawkjim a new pinball machine of his choosing.

sweet!

#1365 2 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Well, I suppose it is possible that I blowup my account if I totally deviated my from entire trading system/ plan. So for your entertainment I will post the monthly results of this year long contest, win, lose, or draw.
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200212005831/en/United-States-Investing-Championship-2020-Month-Results

Is this 100% of your money in one account? It’s pretty easy to do high risk stuff in an account, that only represents a fraction of your total investments.

#1366 2 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Poor poor Jeremy always playing the victim role. I enjoyed reading some of your previous posts here on Pinside! As far as screenshots go, how about a link to the 2020 US Investing Championships? Scroll down to the bottom for the January results and you will see yours truly listed in the Stock Options division (Enhanced Growth). I had a 29% month in January and as of the close yesterday my account is up 50% YTD! This is a verified contest where I send in my broker statements. Past winners happen to be trading legends like Paul Tudor Jones.
    https://financial-competitions.com/
    Here is last year's Market Watch article. My name will appear in this year's press release.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/united-states-investing-championship-first-month-results-2019-02-14
    I am glad you were honest about losing $2K with me and not the entire $3K you started with. There is no way to make money when you are paying insane broker commissions in Canada. But, if you remember the text messages I sent ya, I told you that my main momentum indicator had divergence starting on Oct 22nd and this lasted for 5 weeks. I did not close out my trades because I truly believed the market would rollover. I "TIMED" the market perfectly with my long only 401K account; picking bottoms and selling tops throughout 2019. So, I had no reason to think this indicator would lead me astray. I then explained how I found another momentum indicator to act as a filter since it did not show the same divergence during that Oct- Nov period.
    I kept you in the trading room for free so that you could see me recover all those losses. Not only did I recover, I made 100% return on that draw down! Most ppl would have quit and given up after such a bad F- up in front of paying customers! Once I proved my point I booted you out of the room when you started asking for your 3K back! No body is capable of escaping a draw down period. That was mine for 2019 and it's unfortunate you got caught in it. This was the best thing to happen to me. It prepared me to be much more disciplined with cutting my losers when the stops are hit, no questions asked.

I enjoyed reading this post.

Why? Because it took me back to the days of 1999 when everybody was getting rich, day trading, going public, burning cash and growing fast, dot comming, B2B, new market, P/E 200 new normal, giving stock tips, and making fast money.

Lenny Dykstra trade of the day anyone? Good times.

Thankfully, I learned my lesson quickly and cheaply and never looked back.

But it brings a smile to my face when I see people still playing this game because they're new and got it figured out.

Meanwhile, I've just quietly accumulated, and accumulated, and accumulated...by doing nothing but buying every month for 25 years. No deviation. No selling.

Maybe I can make more money by placing tiny little ads in newspapers...

#1367 2 days ago

Guy at work said his buddy just made $50k in a week on TSLA, so he's going to give it a try. Never traded a share in his life. Bought one out of the money call.

Also seeing videos popping up claiming how you can pay for your student loans day trading from your phone during class. History repeats.

#1368 2 days ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

I kept you in the trading room for free so that you could see me recover all those losses. Not only did I recover, I made 100% return on that draw down! Most ppl would have quit and given up after such a bad F- up in front of paying customers!

Ask yourself this question...if somebody has truly perfected a trading system and they're making 100% GAINS ON EVERY TRADE, LOOK AT MY STATEMENT!!!! ....how long will it take somebody else to employ the same strategy on a very large scale, rendering it ineffective?

Answer? On Wall Street, no time at all.

So would you openly share it? Of course not. If it worked, really worked, you would create vast trading gains very quickly. Selling access to it? For fractions of pennies on the dollar relative to what you can make actually employing it?

Please.

If I had a system that I was fully confident worked in such a manner, I would be all in all the time. You could accumulate gains exceedingly quickly. Charging people a few dollars to watch me? Come on, man...

#1369 2 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Guy at work said his buddy just made $50k in a week on TSLA, so he's going to give it a try. Never traded a share in his life. Bought one out of the money call.
    Also seeing videos popping up claiming how you can pay for your student loans day trading from your phone during class. History repeats.

Ya, buy high....lol what a dumb ass. I really hope he doesnt do this.

#1370 2 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is this 100% of your money in one account? It’s pretty easy to do high risk stuff in an account, that only represents a fraction of your total investments.

You and I both know the answer to this question.

#1371 2 days ago
    Quoted from investingdad:

You and I both know the answer to this question.

I have 2 investment accounts. One I trade in and the other is managed money.

When I first started trading, the trading account represented about 5% of my portfolio. Due to me killing it, it now represents 40% of my portfolio. The money managers have done a fantastic job...no complaints. Their strategy is over a longer term and they don't do any options. My trading account, I get in and get out (some stuff I hold for a long time), trade options. They operate like a mutual fund and I operate like a hedge fund.

I freely admit, if my trading account were my only investment account, then I would be a little more conservative with how I invest. Since I have the other account, I take risks in the trading account.

I forgot to add, there's a saying in investing: "you can't fight the tape."

You can have the best strategy in the world, but eventually it will fail you. Everything in investing is cyclical. The best and most boring strategy for long-term success is asset allocation, with constant re-balancing. Your highs aren't as high and your lows aren't as low. Over a very long period of time, it will work. You won't get the returns of an Amazon, but you also won't get the returns of an E-Toys.

#1372 2 days ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya, buy high....lol what a dumb ass. I really hope he doesnt do this.

Buy high and sell higher

#1373 2 days ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Buy high and sell higher

Do you really see tesla going up to 1k already? I expect another hard drop before were in permanent smiles times...

First time I bought TSLA: $240
    Sold at $380 before Elons twitter melt down

Second buy at $280
    Not selling again. Wont buy more unless under $500.

#1374 2 days ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Do you really see tesla going up to 1k already? I expect another hard drop before were in permanent smiles times...
    First time I bought TSLA: $240
    Sold at $380 before Elons twitter melt down
    Second buy at $280
    Not selling again. Wont buy more unless under $500.

I wouldn't touch TSLA short or long. I was short a few shares the day Musk made his illegal tweet about going private. Cost me about a grand in minutes. Haven't traded it since.

#1375 16 hours ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I wouldn't touch TSLA short or long. I was short a few shares the day Musk made his illegal tweet about going private. Cost me about a grand in minutes. Haven't traded it since.

It's good lesson to not try to time the market. While the initial drop you refer to was 15%, TSLA has gone up 250% since then... so you would have made back that loss many times over if you left it alone. Options are just that... trying to time the market.

#1376 13 hours ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

It's good lesson to not try to time the market. While the initial drop you refer to was 15%, TSLA has gone up 250% since then... so you would have made back that loss many times over if you left it alone. Options are just that... trying to time the market.

The problem with investing in Telsa is that it's stock price is not rooted in fundamentals at all currently, which is why it's price is all over the place. It's value seems to be determined by emotions more than anything else.

#1377 13 hours ago

Tesla took over the #1 spot on Robin Hood with Millennials, by far, with Apple now #2.

New thesis for me. Oil & Gas equities are finished. They are the new "tobacco". Fossil fuels are dead unless you want to go for some MLP pipelines for dividends.

Millennials are all about green energy and young investment managers are going to avoid Oil stocks.

Most people can't invest over 10 yr periods much less 10 days. Tesla will be a multi bagger from here over that time frame.

#1378 5 hours ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Tesla took over the #1 spot on Robin Hood with Millennials, by far, with Apple now #2.
    New thesis for me. Oil & Gas equities are finished. They are the new "tobacco". Fossil fuels are dead unless you want to go for some MLP pipelines for dividends.
    Millennials are all about green energy and young investment managers are going to avoid Oil stocks.
    Most people can't invest over 10 yr periods much less 10 days. Tesla will be a multi bagger from here over that time frame.

You need to remember that oil and gas is used for more than just energy. I realize most people just think of gasoline, but oil is the starting material for chemicals that serve as starting material all over industry.

Plastics, fabrics, rubber, pharmaceuticals, packaging, medical supplies, and I could go on and on ad nausum. And the plants making that stuff don't run on solar, they burn fossils for steam generation

Millennials may like green energy, but liking it doesn't change the reality of modern life. That infrastructure isn't changing anytime soon.

#1379 4 hours ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The problem with investing in Telsa is that it's stock price is not rooted in fundamentals

The same can be said for Amazon when I bought it at $800 but I just got tired of watching it go up. That said I do not have the stomach for holding Tesla at this time

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 29.50
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 87.00
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 10.00
    Tools
    Granby Games
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    There are 1379 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside