IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 417.
#13851 2 years ago

ZIM has been amazing for me. Bought more last week when it dipped below 40 and it was right back up.

Also AGEN

#13852 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BDCs have done great this year and are at the top of the yield income food chain.
Gotta be careful. ARCC one of the bigger ones
Brad Thomas on Seeking Alpha is my go to guy for REITS and BDCs. The research he does is incredible

REITS Ice? Did Tom Lee finally get the memo?

#13853 2 years ago

Newb question: I was notified of a tender offer on CCIV due to the upcoming merger. The offer is for $10/share when the share price is over $26 currently. That clearly seems like a bad deal that I should not take. What can I expect as this unfolds? Is there any reason that I should consider an offer that seems so bad at face value? Is there something I'm missing?

#13854 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Newb question: I was notified of a tender offer on CCIV due to the upcoming merger. The offer is for $10/share when the share price is over $26 currently. That clearly seems like a bad deal that I should not take. What can I expect as this unfolds? Is there any reason that I should consider an offer that seems so bad at face value? Is there something I'm missing?

Basically, if you don’t like the deal, the spac will buy back your shares (tender offer) at NAV.

CCIV is so far above nav it makes little sense but if you want out, there’s your out.

Take something like psth, ftoc, etc that are/were close to nav and it can make a bit more sense

#13855 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Basically, if you don’t like the deal, the spac will buy back your shares (tender offer) at NAV.
CCIV is so far above nav it makes little sense but if you want out, there’s your out.
Take something like psth, ftoc, etc that are/were close to nav and it can make a bit more sense

If I don't take the offer, is the value likely to tank down to about that $10 mark? If I just "want out", why not just sell right now at market value?

#13856 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

If I don't take the offer, is the value likely to tank down to about that $10 mark? If I just "want out", why not just sell right now at market value?

Selling now is selling to other investors. Tender offer is selling back to spac.

For cciv as of today, I have no idea why anyone would take the tender.

It’s kinda like me having a standing offer of $1000 for your mmr royale. Sure you could take the offer, but…

#13857 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Hope SantaEatsCheese doesn’t find out about this

#13858 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hope sataneatscheese doesn’t find out about this

I aint taking no tender offer!

In all seriousness though, $10 was the par value on the SPAC correct? I think this is fairly common in SPACS.

2 big catalysts for CCIV in the next weeks. Investor call tomorrow at 1630 EST and merger vote the 22nd / ticker change the 23rd. I expect a buildup to $32-$35 going up to the merger and then a crash down to about $25 and another slow crawl up.

Still divesting CCIV a little every week. Looking hard at DIDI. I'll dip my toe if it hits $11 and my foot if it hits $10.

#13859 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Folks hate energy but it’s likely the best value out there for the second half of 2021 and going into 2022.
With valuations getting higher and higher after yesterday folks may want to look at reit STAR. They own a huge amount of another Reit SAFE which Wall Street had been ignoring but starting to wake up on. STAR may liquidate SAFE by the end of 2022. Value implies 40% upside even after yesterday’s bump which caught me by surprise. Make 2.4% yield while you wait and the book value is there already either way which would limit downside. Just an idea to diversify to go along with folks heavy Tech portfolios. I have thousands of shares and it’s a solid hold for me. But it’s “boring” though. Lol Have a good weekend.
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4438386-istar-the-time-to-invest-is-now

STAR up another 4% as we go into close. High Yield Landlord on Seeking Alpha just raised by under price from $24 to $30 after interviewing the CEO last week. The ceo owns $60M in STAR shares and stands to personally benefit if SAFE Assets get sold off. I bought more 1700 more shares today. The book value and yield create a nice floor also for a hold. All FYI do your own research because getting stock tips from a pinball site would be foolish. Right?

#13860 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Selling now is selling to other investors. Tender offer is selling back to spac.

I understand that. I was just wondering if any of you have information about what usually happens to a stock's price after something like this.

For cciv as of today, I have no idea why anyone would take the tender.

That's what I was thinking and wanted to know if there was something I was missing.

It’s kinda like me having a standing offer of $1000 for your mmr royale. Sure you could take the offer, but…

Tempting...

#13861 2 years ago

Thank you to everybody who commented and offered advice, options, and opinions on how to go about investing in my children’s futures. I definitely have some decisions to make and learned about options I didn’t know existed!!!

#13862 2 years ago

QYLD...anybody still in this fund? How has it been treating you? Seriously thinking about parking a chunk of money in it for monthly income.

#13863 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

QYLD...anybody still in this fund? How has it been treating you? Seriously thinking about parking a chunk of money in it for monthly income.

interesting

#13864 2 years ago

Bought Amazon (1) at the all time high! I think it is going to split in the next few months and that will be a huge catalyst.

#13865 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I parked 100k in it in January and have no complaints nor plans to move it out.

#13866 2 years ago

another good place to park some money is RFMZ

#13867 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I've owned QYLD for a long time and the dividends are great. I bought more today.

#13868 2 years ago

DIDI would have been a good buy yesterday. All my stuff is green today for some odd reason. Woohoo

#13869 2 years ago

Not me..nearly everything is deep red today...and yesterday too...

#13870 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I had not heard of QYLD before, so had to check it out. This article seemed pretty well written, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4435641-nusi-vs-qyld-retiree-conundrum

#13871 2 years ago

Bought Amazon (1) at the all time high! I think it is going to split in the next few months and that will be a huge catalyst.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

DIDI would have been a good buy yesterday. All my stuff is green today for some odd reason. Woohoo

I had a buy order in at $11 a share on Monday but it didn't execute...

#13872 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Care to share some of what you have that was green? A lot of red for me today...oil and tech.

Anyone still holding GNOG?

#13873 2 years ago

"Anyone still holding GNOG?"

Yes. I'm gonna buy some more again when it dips to $11/share.

#13874 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I had not heard of QYLD before, so had to check it out. This article seemed pretty well written, https://seekingalpha.com/article/4435641-nusi-vs-qyld-retiree-conundrum

Thank you. Informative article.

#13875 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

All FYI do your own research because getting stock tips from a pinball site would be foolish. Right?

This isnt a stock market website. I might have been doing this wrong the whole time....

Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Care to share some of what you have that was green? A lot of red for me today...oil and tech.

ABBV and MSFT in the green for me today

#13876 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

REITS Ice? Did Tom Lee finally get the memo?

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b7cc7ac3f3511148042dd591044f4c08811d0dd3-1626221797-1800"};
//]]>

My man Tommy Lee has a few REITS in his epicenter model.

#13877 2 years ago

My stocks in the green today were AAPL, CRON (my pot stock), and one of my tech index funds. Mostly red too. Apple is almost up 10% from what I bought it at 3 weeks ago!

#13878 2 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

MicroSoft, Walmart, TWCUX. Not sure why considering the market was red. DIDI would have been a snag yesterday

#13879 2 years ago

TME might be worth a quick look for you guys. Not recommending it, as I haven't dived into it, but saw a headline today about a possible 30% upside.

#13880 2 years ago

EPD again.

Give me the 7.3% current yield along with excellent upside potential being significantly undervalued in an overvalued market.

Much bigger total return potential

#13881 2 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Yep GNOG is in the file cabinet locked away.

#13882 2 years ago

n/m I think it has to do with some action.

#13883 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

EPD again.
Give me the 7.3% current yield along with excellent upside potential being significantly undervalued in an overvalued market.
Much bigger total return potential

I'm long EPD. Lots of upside

#13884 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I backes up the truck on APPL March last year. I'm up 108%

Well played Thing!

#13885 2 years ago

Most of all the ETFs and Funds will experience a pullback before Nov, just play the long game. Inflation is not transitory, it's real so get ahead of the curve and play the areas where money will be flowing to....as far as tech, I would only stay in FAAMG. I still own some energy stocks but oil should've rallied now, it's summer already so unless I'm missing something...it's all priced in at this point. If you have cash wait for the pull back and then buy your favorite S&P 500 ETFs or fund.

#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Most of all the ETFs and Funds will experience a pullback before Nov, just play the long game. Inflation is not transitory, it's real so get ahead of the curve and play the areas where money will be flowing to....as far as tech, I would only stay in FAAMG. I still own some energy stocks but oil should've rallied now, it's summer already so unless I'm missing something...it's all priced in at this point. If you have cash wait for the pull back and then buy your favorite S&P 500 ETFs or fund.

Give this a read if you have some time.
https://www.lynalden.com/oil-and-gas/

#13887 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Yep GNOG is in the file cabinet locked away.

I have about 4000 GNOG and looking to buy more. New recent price target of 27 (seems a little suspicious, but who knows).

#13888 2 years ago

For those playing along at home, I took an L on FSLY and exited PATH and BAC here today to upgrade. Bought JP Morgan, Crowdstrike, and the CYBR ETF. These last two are big based upon all of the hacking going on and the increased spend. I took a little off the top off PayPal (has been a helluva a quick run). Keeping LULU for now (Goldman just raised the price target to 477, which sounds aggressive, but lets see where momo takes us). Good luck to all.

#13889 2 years ago

DBLM still holding UWMC?
I cashed out at a small profit last month

#13890 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

DBLM still holding UWMC?
I cashed out at a small profit last month

Still am. Missed the window to sell at that time so just waiting for the cycle to turn back up. Earnings appear to be through the roof so I will wait for it it rise again and then sell.

#13891 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Still am. Missed the window to sell at that time so just waiting for the cycle to turn back up. Earnings appear to be through the roof so I will wait for it it rise again and then sell.

Same here. Missed the opportunity, but that wont happen again.

#13892 2 years ago

QYLD - think the one down side is taxes, so it's best in a tax advantaged account or if you never ever sell it. Some of your dividends are "return of capital" so you cost basis shrinks.. over long enough time horizon to zero. So, if you then sell it you're taxed on the full amount. Knowing all this, i have about 25k in a non tax advantaged account (dumb) that I'm debating about right now.. it is nice though to watch that ~$250/month roll in.

#13893 2 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

QYLD - think the one down side is taxes, so it's best in a tax advantaged account or if you never ever sell it. Some of your dividends are "return of capital" so you cost basis shrinks.. over long enough time horizon to zero. So, if you then sell it you're taxed on the full amount. Knowing all this, i have about 25k in a non tax advantaged account (dumb) that I'm debating about right now.. it is nice though to watch that ~$250/month roll in.

Great article on Seeking Alpha that explains it. Better read before buying.

APPLE? JPM goes to $175. Lol

Ahhh the old dumbass analysts that were writing it off at $118. What's wrong with Apple the first six months? patience!

#13894 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great article on Seeking Alpha that explains it. Better read before buying.
APPLE? JPM goes to $175. Lol
Ahhh the old dumbass analysts that were writing it off at $118. What's wrong with Apple the first six months? patience!

Still holding those Oct calls?

#13895 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have about 4000 GNOG and looking to buy more. New recent price target of 27 (seems a little suspicious, but who knows).

I'm hoping. Still holding my position of 1000. It's taken me for a bath, but I knew it would be a long term play.

UWMC, I sold 80% at the peak. Still holding a measly 50 shares at about a break even point. I'm mostly holding tight on small positions on all my speculative long term plays....BB, HEXO, HITI, HCMC, ARTL, CNSP. None are doing much to write home about. HEXO and HITI have the occasional spike. BB had a short run but I'm in covered calls and the option dump point never made sense so I just held. Nothing out there really excites me right now, so just holding mostly cash.

#13896 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm hoping. Still holding my position of 1000. It's taken me for a bath, but I knew it would be a long term play.
UWMC, I sold 80% at the peak. Still holding a measly 50 shares at about a break even point. I'm mostly holding tight on small positions on all my speculative long term plays....BB, HEXO, HITI, HCMC, ARTL, CNSP. None are doing much to write home about. HEXO and HITI have the occasional spike. BB had a short run but I'm in covered calls and the option dump point never made sense so I just held. Nothing out there really excites me right now, so just holding mostly cash.

I’m also in HITI and HCMC, knew it would be a LONG term thing as well

#13897 2 years ago

Any company currently working on large-scale carbon dioxide scrubbing?

#13898 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Still holding those Oct calls?

I am still holding. Debating on whether to sell before or after earnings.

Up 176% or $575k since June 21st. Lucky. Think it might be a buy on the rumor sell on news event again BUT because it consolidated for 6 months who knows

Helps to offset downturn in PINS and energy for the moment

#13899 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am still holding. Debating on whether to sell before or after earnings.

Congrats! Let us know! I’m following you on this one

#13900 2 years ago

Z, TDOC, FSLY, and NVTA are absolutely crushing me right now. I never planned to have such a large position in any of those but I have been buying more as it dips for months now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 20,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/278 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.