Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 421.
#13751 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

PE ratio is too high at the current levels (and even your desired price of $110). It's a consumer goods company that has already sold to the entire world. Or are you a big believer in the future sales of the "Apple Car" they are currently pursuing?

It allways make me smile when people say AAPL pe is to high currently 31.5 hell there profit margin is higher than that . Its only up $7.27 a share on the year with the last to earnings reports blowing out all expectations . Its set up like a compressed coil spring . What seems to hold it down is market valuation of 2 1/3 trillon . Which is mind blowing just makes you wonder how can it keep going up . Put 65k in it 20 years ago now sitten on 9300 shares so needless to say im a big fan of this fruit company

#13752 2 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

It allways make me smile when people say AAPL pe is to high currently 31.5 hell there profit margin is higher than that . Its only up $7.27 a share on the year with the last to earnings reports blowing out all expectations . Its set up like a compressed coil spring . What seems to hold it down is market valuation of 2 1/3 trillon . Which is mind blowing just makes you wonder how can it keep going up . Put 65k in it 20 years ago now sitten on 9300 shares so needless to say im a big fan of this fruit company

No doubt, I like making $!

#13753 2 years ago

Those that are dying to trade today can always trade the Canadian markets

#13755 2 years ago

www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/05/day-of-reckoning-is-coming-for-high-flying-tech-stocks-wells-fargo.html

#13756 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Apple has streaming service with 40 million subscribers (Netflix 2013 had 40 million). It’s very possible for Apple to grow its subscribers over the years it’s only been streaming for 20 months.

I agree with your comments, but to be fair - a large majority of Apple TV subscribers received it free for a year, we will see how many start paying

#13757 2 years ago

Wtf...the rotation just got started again.

#13758 2 years ago

One heck of a day for Amazon

#13759 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

One heck of a day for Amazon

It lives!

#13760 2 years ago

I have a bunch of Hertz stock. Anyone know WTF is going on? Looks like it split into 2 different holdings. One is $21.75 and the other $9.90. I'm debating selling it all for a decent profit

#13761 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think today may be the day CCIV crosses $30 again. Short term it's been very bullish up over 30% on the month. Looking for a bull run up to the merger/ticker change vote on or about 23 July. Still slowly divesting (slowly...) but back in the green! Been a wild ride from $23 to 60$ to $17 to $29 this year.

U still holding strong?

#13762 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

U still holding strong?

Yes, but I'm selling off a small percentage every week now that its green again.

#13763 2 years ago

Why is everybody so quiet today?

#13764 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why is everybody so quiet today?

Eying DIDI... wondering when it will bottom ought. May buy a little when I think its hit bottom.

#13765 2 years ago

Eying DIDI... wondering when it will bottom ought. May buy a little when I think its hit bottom.

I see I see! Do you do options or just hold stock?

#13766 2 years ago

Confucius say
Dead cab bounce?

#13767 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Confucius say
Dead cab bounce?

I would not be touching DIDI right now. To each their own.

#13768 2 years ago

Does anyone have a good resource for a company stock fund within a 401k? Specifically I am wondering if there is a strategy for what to do when it gets close to all time highs.

For example (these are all going to be rounded approximations), mine is currently at 101 with the 12 month low-high being 62-106. The stock that the fund is buying is near an all time high.

The stock pays an approximate 2% yield, which I assume the stock fund uses to buy more shares, but can’t find that specifically stated.

I guess my curiosity is should I cycle out of the stock fund into something that has a dividend attached to it? The stock fund seems like a hold for growth and only growth situation. If it’s at the top and I don’t see a ton of growth potential, I’d there a time to move on? Maybe dump a good chunk into something else and keep the amount going into the fund so there is at least something in there?

Don’t see employee stock funds talked about here, but I have to think several here have the option.

#13769 2 years ago

Looking for some help/info. Lots of you guys have access to more detailed charts and better info then the general public (me).

My wife left her previous employer in 2019, it was a bank. Most of the employees were/are unhappy and management didn't seem to be making good decisions.

Current and former employees of said bank anticipated it being bought out. We just were informed today that a individual/group made a large share purchase and they are known for "rearranging" management, making the company better and then selling them off.

Can someone find out the details or who made this large share purchase on or around 6/27? The ticker is CVLY

May be a good investment if there is going to be more upside?

Screenshot_20210707-151542_TD Ameritrade Mobile (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210707-151542_TD Ameritrade Mobile (resized).jpg
#13770 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Looking for some help/info. Lots of you guys have access to more detailed charts and better info then the general public (me).
My wife left her previous employer in 2019, it was a bank. Most of the employees were/are unhappy and management didn't seem to be making good decisions.
Current and former employees of said bank anticipated it being bought out. We just were informed today that a individual/group made a large share purchase and they are known for "rearranging" management, making the company better and then selling them off.
Can someone find out the details or who made this large share purchase on or around 6/27? The ticker is CVLY
[quoted image]

Not really a way to do what you are asking for, at this time. You can look in about 45 days to see if there is an SEC filing (if the blocks are big enough). Otherwise, not really. This link has some ideas for you. https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-identify-who-is-buying-or-selling-stock-on-a-particular-day

Some interesting pricing action is going on. Popped, dropped, popped some more today. Pattern is definitely on an upward trajectory.

2021-07-07t16-25-52 (resized).png2021-07-07t16-25-52 (resized).png
#13771 2 years ago

Thanks for looking into it and trying. Appreciate it DBLM.

#13772 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

[quoted image]

Scratch what I said above. Looked on Stocktwits and a 13D was filed on 6/25. J Abbot R Cooper and Driver Management Company are the folks you are looking for. Here is a link to the 13D. https://newsfilter.io/a/1c1925da1b771c27361b78fd7fe59140

#13773 2 years ago

Going to be a rough day in the makers today. Futures are down 500 points and it apppears to be broad based (recovery, financials, semis, etc. Japan is announcing no spectators for the Olympics. Be careful out there.

#13774 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Going to be a rough day in the makers today. Futures are down 500 points and it apppears to be broad based (recovery, financials, semis, etc. Japan is announcing no spectators for the Olympics. Be careful out there.

Looks like a buying opportunity!!

#13775 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Getting my cash ready

#13776 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks like a buying opportunity!!

Quoted from edward472:

Getting my cash ready

I like where your heads are, boys. Don’t know if today is the day or if this is multi day, but the concept is the same.

#13777 2 years ago

feel good about selling a bunch of stuff yesterday

#13778 2 years ago

This is for Iceman.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/07/08/warren-buffetts-aapl-mistake/

Buffett sold almost 10 million shares of AAPL at the end of 2020. (Don't worry BRK still owns around 5% of AAPL).

Can't say maybe the sale was used to buy other stocks that may have done just as well.

#13779 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is for Iceman.
https://9to5mac.com/2021/07/08/warren-buffetts-aapl-mistake/
Buffett sold almost 10 million shares of AAPL at the end of 2020. (Don't worry BRK still owns around 5% of AAPL).
Can't say maybe the sale was used to buy other stocks that may have done just as well.

I don't feel so bad now given I sold my Apple shares too soon as well

#13780 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I don't feel so bad now given I sold my Apple shares too soon as well

I have held Apple since 2013 - just seems like a no-brainer to me
- People that have their products generally like them a lot (I don't have an iPhone, and friends that have one can't fathom why I do not)
- They lock you into their ecosystem once you have purchased a lot of apps via itunes
- Stores always seem crowded when I walk buy

* Nice day for gaming stocks: GAN, GNOG

#13781 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have held Apple since 2013 - just seems like a no-brainer to me
- People that have their products generally like them a lot (I don't have an iPhone, and friends that have one can't fathom why I do not)
- They lock you into their ecosystem once you have purchased a lot of apps via itunes
- Stores always seem crowded when I walk buy
* Nice day for gaming stocks: GAN, GNOG

Apple blew it when they got rid of the button on their iPhone and iPad. It’s a mess without the button. The swiping is a bad replacement. Bring back the damn button Tim Cook. It’s poor decisions like that that makes me question apples future,

#13782 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Apple blew it when they got rid of the button on their iPhone and iPad. It’s a mess without the button. The swiping is a bad replacement. Bring back the damn button Tim Cook. It’s poor decisions like that that makes me question apples future,

I'd be pissed if they put a button back on my phone.

#13783 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I'd be pissed if they put a button back on my phone.

Why? Just to have a slightly bigger screen? Anyway, there should be a choice for those who want it. All my friends and family miss the button. Steve Jobs put it there for a reason. The technology to swipe was there from the beginning.

#13784 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I am not an apple fan at all, can't stand their OS - but my family and friends don't seem to care at all.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Why? Just to have a slightly bigger screen? Anyway, there should be a choice for those who want it. All my friends and family miss the button. Steve Jobs put it there for a reason. The technology to swipe was there from the beginning.

Jobs didn't know everything, he was against iphones having a larger screen
screen size was the main reason I jumped ship after my 3 and never looked back

#13785 2 years ago

I'm still pissed the physical keypad on phones is no more. Touchscreen in general is a horrible replacement.

#13786 2 years ago

Hmm..ugly day, uglier day for high flyers...looks like the market is beginning to shake off the irrational exuberance

#13787 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm still pissed the physical keypad on phones is no more. Touchscreen in general is a horrible replacement.

Here you go. You can get it at livelydirect.com.
2021-07-08t15-31-45 (resized).png2021-07-08t15-31-45 (resized).png

#13788 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Here you go. You can get it at livelydirect.com.
[quoted image]

Not what I was referring to at all lol.

#13789 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

agree, but I love voice to text

#13790 2 years ago

My initial thought seeing red across the market this morning was... looks a bit scary... but it's got to be good for my oil stocks... right?

Speaking of phones, I need them about 1.5 times as big personally, partially to account for my ever failing eyesight.

#13791 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

agree, but I love voice to text

Yeah, but sexting out loud just isn't the same in public.

#13792 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

My initial thought seeing red across the market this morning was... looks a bit scary... but it's got to be good for my oil stocks... right?
Speaking of phones, I need them about 1.5 times as big personally, partially to account for my ever failing eyesight.

There was a big drop this morning, but mine recovered about 2/3 of the drop before close. Overall I'm down a little less than 2% this week.

#13793 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I use a BlackBerry key2 that runs Android. I'll never ditch the keyboard.

#13794 2 years ago

My sister literally got this phone in the mail today from AT&T. They sent it to her gratis as they will be shutting down the 3G system for non-emergency calls soon.
IMG_2704 (resized).jpgIMG_2704 (resized).jpg

#13795 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are all your friends and family 75 or older? I think Apple's success has always been growing, changing and innovation and they've gained more and more customers along the way, even if that means letting go of some things and forcing change upon consumers who often want things to always stay the same as they've always been.

#13796 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

My sister literally got this phone in the mail today from AT&T. They sent it to her gratis as they will be shutting down the 3G system for non-emergency calls soon.

Your sister is at about the same technology level as my Dad!

#13797 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Are all your friends and family 75 or older? I think Apple's success has always been growing, changing and innovation and they've gained more and more customers along the way, even if that means letting go of some things and forcing change upon consumers who often want things to always stay the same as they've always been.

It’s that the button took you to the Home Screen. The swipe is less reliable. You end up getting caught in the camera mode, you swipe out and it goes to the locked mode. You unlock and it takes you back to the camera mode. You try to swipe out and it takes you back into the locked mode.it’s a pain in the ass. Also a pain when you get a phone call and try to answer the phone when you are in some screens. But enough about apples shitty buttonless phones.

#13798 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Your sister is at about the same technology level as my Dad!

Actually, she took that pic with her super-duper Apple phone. The flip phone is an emergency spare she keeps "just in case".

IMG_2704 (resized).jpgIMG_2704 (resized).jpg
#13799 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I suppose if you think getting rid of replaceable batteries and headphone jacks are innovation. What they are masters of is marketing, not so much innovation.

#13800 2 years ago

This is how I imagine half of you guys.

0BC09B1F-B90A-4C31-9A55-298D217042CA (resized).jpeg0BC09B1F-B90A-4C31-9A55-298D217042CA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,020 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/276?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.