IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 420.
#13701 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Can't tell if you're trolling...*sees profile pic with a mask*... oh, you're not. People will make fun of me for driving a Tesla by saying "you think you're being green but they burn fossil fuels to make that electricity." I remind them that I bought the car because it's a luxury sedan that accelerates and handles like a race car and that most electricity in my state comes from hydroelectric and wind. Also, I ask them if they'd like to stand in a garage for an hour with my car running or theirs running and then ask why they wouldn't want to do the same for the rest of the air. Nuclear energy is the future, IMO.
As for your negative insinuation about capitalism, everyone likes to enjoy the great benefits that capitalism and some get upset that others "do capitalism" to greater effect than they do. That makes me roll my eyes because envy makes me roll my eyes. Let's get rich!

Not to drag us too far off topic, but how do the batteries hold up in the winter there?

#13702 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not to drag us too far off topic, but how do the batteries hold up in the winter there?

Fine. Cold weather definitely reduces the range but where I am it isn't as sustained cold as a place like Eastern SD or MN. Also, I have a heated garage and the car has a battery heater that runs automatically if the battery gets too cold. That of course drains some energy, but a small amount compared to driving.

#13703 2 years ago

Any stock or ETF suggestions for nickel, lithium, cobalt mining?

#13704 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Global warming psychosis is a thing.
No, not "global warming is a hoax and those who believe otherwise are mentally ill". But rather, an actual real form of anxiety stemming from the constant realization of how tenuous our existence is tied to the climate. Like feeling anxiety when viewing the steadily-increasing level of global CO2 PPM, record-setting temps, rain, bizarre storms, etc.
BTW have y'all called your power company to switch to green power? Every time I suggest this even to my closest pals on FB, all I get are excuses, crickets, or explanations why doing nothing is better or other people/governments/etc. should do something instead.
100% green since 2004 here... kinda sick of hearing it. We have to start somewhere, right?

I looked into solar panels for my home and all the companies I talked to seemed real shady. It was like talking to used car salesmen. Noone would give a straight answer on total costs. I would like to invest in green energy companies as it is the future of energy, but I don’t trust them.

#13705 2 years ago

On another note, I am meeting with a tdameritrade broker tomorrow. I was thinking of putting $50k into a managed account and $5k into a self managed account to basically gamble. I already have $2000 gambled in crypto which is down $500 currently.

#13706 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

solar panels real shady.

hehe.

#13707 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

On another note, I am meeting with a tdameritrade broker tomorrow. I was thinking of putting $50k into a managed account and $5k into a self managed account to basically gamble. I already have $2000 gambled in crypto which is down $500 currently.

Be careful with the fees for the managed account. 50k is probably on the smaller side for what a managed account makes sense.

#13708 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I looked into solar panels for my home and all the companies I talked to seemed real shady. It was like talking to used car salesmen. Noone would give a straight answer on total costs. I would like to invest in green energy companies as it is the future of energy, but I don’t trust them.

Same. I live on salt water so nobody services them in this environment. Plus, hurricane season. When we reroofed the house I played around with the Tesla tiles and it was going to be 110k with no warranty. Hard pass.

#13709 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

With $50k you are probably better of with something like Wealthfront at only 0.25% fee

#13710 2 years ago

Anything good cooking for today?

#13711 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Anything good cooking for today?

I think today may be the day CCIV crosses $30 again. Short term it's been very bullish up over 30% on the month. Looking for a bull run up to the merger/ticker change vote on or about 23 July. Still slowly divesting (slowly...) but back in the green! Been a wild ride from $23 to 60$ to $17 to $29 this year.

#13712 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think today may be the day CCIV crosses $30 again. Short term it's been very bullish up over 30% on the month. Looking for a bull run up to the merger/ticker change vote on or about 23 July. Still slowly divesting (slowly...) but back in the green! Been a wild ride from $23 to 60$ to $17 to $29 this year.

I'm also bullish on CCIV!

#13713 2 years ago

Oil over $76 a barrel today

Energy is ripping. Makes me very happy

More to come.

Apple Oct calls looking good. Rally keeps going into earnings

10 yr slipping again and Vix is 15.71. Good for equities and growth

#13714 2 years ago

SWBI rocketing over the last few days. I'm up 70% on it so far this month.

#13715 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Any stock or ETF suggestions for nickel, lithium, cobalt mining?

Global X but it's already doubled since last year. Commodities are rough, I wouldn't jump into it now, lumber just went down another 30%...so the commodity play is giving back some gains.

#13716 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The numbers don't box on solar panels for me in Las Vegas. My $300 electric bill is cheaper than buying or leasing them. The electric utilities have solar farms here. MGM Resorts has a private solar farm that provides a majority of their power.

#13717 2 years ago

Hey horse, see that water over there? Go take a drink. Lol

#13718 2 years ago

So did your PINS go up after they banned chubby ads?

#13720 2 years ago

Did I miss something with Apple? Seems to be on a tear in the recent weeks.

#13721 2 years ago

That Wish went down to that 11 dollar target I mentioned pretty quickly. Most meme stocks are in falling knife territory though. Though they tend to do this every so often. I'll hold off for some signs of a reversal.

Oil is still where most of my money is. Some tech is looking interesting like apple and amd.

#13722 2 years ago

Son of a gun. I *almost* sold CWH first thing this morning and then it just dropped. I should've gone with my instincts.

#13723 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Just running up into earnings.

#13724 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

It is a safety stock. People often put money in it when they don't feel comfortable with other options.
Right now I personally have not been excited about investing new money in more aggressive stocks. I am holding what I have but have a good part in cash. Even most blue chip dividend stocks are historically high.

#13725 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

You missed me saying buy it a few weeks ago.

Then again, I always say buy on dips. After lagging the 1st half Apple and Amazon have a great 2nd half set up with interest rates dropping and the VIX below 15

Up 55% on Oct calls. Channeling the Najerians on this one.

#13726 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So did your PINS go up after they banned chubby ads?

Oh man. That CEO. He’s going for a gold medal in the “woke olympics”. Lol

#13727 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

, I always say buy on dips

Yo Ice what's your criteria for a dip? Down 3-5%? Down 5%+?

#13728 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Yo Ice what's your criteria for a dip? Down 3-5%? Down 5%+?

On Apple? July should be volatile as it usually is. I’d back up the truck at $125, just like last time it hit $110. And buy again at $130 ish although I’m adding new money to it now for the long term accounts

#13729 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh no I didn't. I have thousands of shares. I'm just not used to seeing growth like this...consistently .

#13730 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On Apple? July should be volatile as it usually is. I’d back up the truck at $125, just like last time it hit $110. And buy again at $130 ish although I’m adding new money to it now for the long term accounts

Thanks. I bought at $114 during the dip. I'm glad I did too.

#13731 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Then again, I always say buy on dips. After lagging the 1st half Apple and Amazon have a great 2nd half set up with interest rates dropping and the VIX below 15
Up 55% on Oct calls. Channeling the Najerians on this one.

I didn’t do Oct calls but did some August $140 calls when it was down yesterday morning. Been leaning to the old guard and adding to FB MSFT AAPL and just QQQ more lately. Thanks for the updates! Enjoy your 4th!

Oh And my Dad has almost 10,000 AAPL shares and didn’t buy them yesterday. He bought chunks at $8 and $12 before the 7-1 and 4-1 splits 10 years or so ago and held. Only regret he has, which is not really a regret, is not reinvesting dividends along the way.

Like you say “never sell AAPL”.

#13732 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see what happens with PINS in the near future. I'm considering selling it while I'm up. It isn't that I expect the ad ban is going to make much difference in the short term, but the saying 'go woke go broke' is very real. They've now set a precedent that in the short term sounds great, but it opens them up to MANY other complaints and pushes to remove other types of ads etc. As a person who basically ad blocks everything - I don't care what reasons you give me that they are essential - what ads are displayed on any given site does not matter to me personally, but millions of others will care and these days people love to be offended by everything.

#13733 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just running up into earnings.

Yep, earnings announcement July 29th, people anticipating good news. I bought AAPL about 2 weeks ago hoping this would happen.

#13734 2 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Oh no I didn't. I have thousands of shares. I'm just not used to seeing growth like this...consistently .

Congrats! You know this is what Apple does after a period of consolidation AND the drop in rates has helped fuel some PE multiple expansion. Combine that with GREAT performance, Apple
Stores re-opening etc etc

It truly is a unicorn stock as Buffett likes to refer to it.

#13735 2 years ago

AAPL is a self-fulfilling prophecy. People are told "it always goes up", and so they buy it, and it does.

#13736 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

AAPL is a self-fulfilling prophecy. People are told "it always goes up", and so they buy it, and it does.

If only it was that easy. We'd all be billionaires.

#13737 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

SWBI rocketing over the last few days. I'm up 70% on it so far this month.

So an update on this because..wtf.

So, literally minutes after I posted this, I noticed it was starting the normal afternoon selloff. By the end of the day, it had basically dropped to where it was at open (so it had went up 12.5% and dropped to maybe 2%). Today it dropped an additional 13%.

What is maddening about this is that in my mind with all the states deciding to forego licenses and background checks gun sales would go up.
Instead, apparently background checks are the 'basis' for determining demand and since they aren't doing that, for some reason the outlook is that sales will go down.

I understand the concept of 'scared of restricting so more people buy' mentality, which is what made me buy it months ago anyway, but you would think that the idea that now you don't have to jump through hoops to get one would also drive the sales up. To me there is nothing that makes the forecast any worse today, than yesterday.

And this is an example of why I hate the market.

#13738 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

For very good fundamental reasons Tram. There are plenty of analysts and naysayers that have been wrong for years and missed out on an awesome run.

They didn’t understand the basic shift to services and the power of the ecosystem and ability to drop multiple recurring revenue streams into it.

The only thing that can stop Apple is Apple. Millennials and GenZ eat it up solidifying it potentially for decades as long they continue to innovate and grow

It’s the no brainer Unicorn right in front of our faces.

Have a great 4 th everybody!

#13739 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PE ratio is too high at the current levels (and even your desired price of $110). It's a consumer goods company that has already sold to the entire world. Or are you a big believer in the future sales of the "Apple Car" they are currently pursuing?

#13740 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

PE ratio is too high at the current levels (and even your desired level of $110). It's a consumer goods company that has already sold to the entire world. Or are you a big believer in the future sales of the "Apple Car" they are currently pursuing?

Do you think the current/future connected world only only consists of phones, watches, earpods, and cars? I disagree with that notion, and can think of a dozen products they could develop without diving too far into the "scifi" realm. I agree their growth may not be as rapid as the last 20 years (1:112 split in that time wow!!!!). Apple is also a "sticky" brand with an obsessive following. To me it's a great investment with moderate growth opportunities.

#13741 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

PE ratio is too high at the current levels (and even your desired price of $110). It's a consumer goods company that has already sold to the entire world. Or are you a big believer in the future sales of the "Apple Car" they are currently pursuing?

I’m overweight apple, if it hits $110 a share I’ll buy a lot more Apple!!

#13742 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

See what I mean. No offense but it’s NOT just a consumer goods company.

The fact that they have an installed user base of over 1.5 billion people that they can drop recurring revenue streams into is massive. “Services”

Not to mention health care, autos, AR and whatever else is in the pipeline we don’t yet know about.

They possess the most valuable human capital in the world

That’s the mistake analysts made the past several years that were wrong. Now they get it.

#13743 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

See what I mean. No offense but it’s NOT just a consumer goods company.
The fact that they have an installed user base of over 1.5 billion people that they can drop recurring revenue streams into is massive. “Services”
Not to mention health care, autos, AR and whatever else is in the pipeline we don’t yet know about.
They possess the most valuable human capital in the world
That’s the mistake analysts made the past several years that were wrong. Now they get it.

No offence but this is magical thinking. If you honestly are trying to suggest that one company is so transcendent that it overcomes mere categorization or comparisons to peer price to earnings ratios then I feel sorry for you.

#13744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

No offence but this is magical thinking. If you honestly are trying to suggest that one company is so transcendent that it overcomes mere categorization or comparisons to peer price to earnings ratios then I feel sorry for you.

Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon

#13745 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon

What is your point again? We are presumably talking about future stock prices and not listing companies that have done well in the past.

#13746 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

What is your point again? We are presumably talking about future stock prices and not listing companies that have done well in the past.

Add Facebook and a few others. Microsoft hit all time highs today. Microsoft, FB, and Google have been running hot, next Amazon and Apple. Apple is already gearing up. Historically July is tough and if anyone can nab some good names at a discount, take advantage.

#13747 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Add Facebook and a few others. Microsoft hit all time highs today. Microsoft, FB, and Google have been running hot, next Amazon and Apple. Apple is already gearing up. Historically July is tough and if anyone can nab some good names at a discount, take advantage.

Facebook hit an all time high today? Interesting- i didn't know it was even close to that!

#13748 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Facebook hit an all time high today? Interesting- i didn't know it was even close to that!

Microsoft

#13749 2 years ago

Invest in what you want to invest in. Winning names keep winning.

#13750 2 years ago

Apple has streaming service with 40 million subscribers (Netflix 2013 had 40 million). It’s very possible for Apple to grow its subscribers over the years it’s only been streaming for 20 months.

Apple charges subscription for extra cloud storage which I pay every month. It’s not a lot of money but I suspect over hundreds of million subscribers they do make a lot on this.

Apple is getting into the lucrative payment market.
Quote:
Apple Pay accounts for about 5% of global card transactions and is on pace to handle 1-in-10 such payments by 2025, according to recent trend data compiled by Bernstein, a research firm.

Apple makes billions of dollars from Google just to have Google as default search engine. I believe $12B a year. For comparison Home Depot had $12B profit last year.

If someone thinks Apple is just a hardware company that’s like saying Amazon is just a retail company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,990 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/275?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.