Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 421.
#13601 2 years ago

"The pace of growth in the U.S. economy in the first quarter remained unrevised at a 6.4% annualized rate after the latest revision, the Commerce Department said Thursday. Economists surveyed by the Wall Street Journal had forecast no revision. Using more complete source data, the government found that upward revisions to business investment was offset by a larger international trade deficit.

The economy is expanding at a rapid rate as more Americans feel comfortable returning to work and leisure activities as the vaccination rollout combats the coronavirus pandemic. Federal Reserve officials see the economy growing at a 7% annualized rate this year, the fastest pace since 1984."

#13602 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

My friend's son was able to buy himself a car at 16 with the money he made off of Roblox

That's cool!

#13603 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I just can't help myself. Sold FSLY and AAPL and bought CWH, BLL, PCG, REGN this morning.

Those are interesting choices to put it mildly. Can you hit undo?

#13604 2 years ago

Wheeew, markets running hot today!

#13605 2 years ago

Buy AMC on the dips!

#13607 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I just can't help myself. Sold FSLY and AAPL and bought CWH, BLL, PCG, REGN this morning.

Not sure I would have done that. I would have used your cash to buy buy tech type plays and just held FSLY and AAPL. I have a fair amount of value, had some cash and bought QQQ PINS UPST KWEB JMIA FB AMAT XLB XLY a couple of days ago.

#13608 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not sure I would have done that. I would have used your cash to buy buy tech type plays and just held FSLY and AAPL. I have a fair amount of value, had some cash and bought QQQ PINS UPST KWEB JMIA FB AMAT XLB XLY a couple of days ago.

I just went back to my old style of investing that was giving me 2-3x the returns of the S&P index when I was using my own ideas before finding out about Motley Fool and this forum (when I've been underperforming the S&P by 40%). I wanted to try it my old way again to see how it goes. The amount I traded today was literally 10% of my porfolio so can't hurt or help too much.

I also bought more D, EIX, GIS and LVS this morning.

#13609 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Buy AMC on the dips!

At this point this message board has been more wrong than right about meme stocks so... we should probably all put our life savings into AMC at freaking $56 right this second.

#13610 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

At this point this message board has been more wrong than right about meme stocks so... we should probably all put our life savings into AMC at freaking $56 right this second.

Although I've bought and sold AMC for profit 3 or 4 times, the last time I purchased it at $14 and watched it sit around $6 forever until I was bailed out by Reddit and sold it at $16. It would have to be at least under $10 for me to consider it again.

#13611 2 years ago

Yo @iceman44, about that thing that we talked about that one time, this is for you!

tenor.giftenor.gif
#13612 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yo iceman44, about that thing that we talked about that one time, this is for you!
[quoted image]

Lol.

#13613 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Although I've bought and sold AMC for profit 3 or 4 times, the last time I purchased it at $14 and watched it sit around $6 forever until I was bailed out by Reddit and sold it at $16. It would have to be at least under $10 for me to consider it again.

I did seriously think about it at under $10 and even at $25, but never pulled the trigger. The only meme stocks I made money with so far are gamestop and blackberry, but nothing to brag about.

As I've said before the more this goes on the higher the lows will be, yeah you could wait for under $10, but that might take ages at this point. Just like me thinking gme could ever get back down to $40... nope.

#13614 2 years ago

Anyone in this thread into social arb trading? I got into it the past few months and the research / detective work is pretty fun. Trading chlorine companies isn't as sexy as AMC though...

#13615 2 years ago

Just picked up some CFLT, let's gooooooooo!

#13616 2 years ago

Buying XOM at $72, then again during the pandemic (62), the again at $40 turned out to be satisfying! I didn't get rich but I turned $3000 into $5000. Worth. Slow and steady.

Regret was not buying more but I didn't want to be exposed to higher risk.

Come on MAC Daddy! We need $20 next.

#13617 2 years ago

Any dividend investors in here? I've been mainly investing in dividend stock and DRIPing the dividends for years in my retirement and investment accounts. I'm not the type to buy and sell all the time, so this type of investing suits me.

#13618 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Any dividend investors in here? I've been mainly investing in dividend stock and DRIPing the dividends for years in my retirement and investment accounts. I'm not the type to buy and sell all the time, so this type of investing suits me.

I am with the majority of my fun account. I’ll do some options with a smaller portion just for some excitement, but keeping my shares AND capturing gains in the form of dividends is pretty fun.

#13619 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? Major pullback a “feeling” because you are missing one hell of a rally!
That’s the problem with knee jerking in and out
Another GREAT day

What he said (.) !

#13622 2 years ago

I own some JPM, GS and BOA.

Berkshire owns a lot of BOA. (One billion shares of the company).

But overall banks are a small portion of my holdings.

#13623 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Dividend investing has been a big part of my investment strategy, I used to DRIP but gave that strategy up
In a bear market, I will buy fair valued stocks paying 6% all day long and collect the dividend while I wait for the stock price to move.
I was bigger into dividends back in 09 - you left large gains on the table in the last 10 years if you are strictly a dividend investor.

#13624 2 years ago

Tesla. Looking like it will test new highs. Easy 33 percent gain coming.

#13625 2 years ago

CCIV gonna fly today. Official merger vote scheduled for 22 July now.

#13626 2 years ago

CCIV gonna fly today. Official merger vote scheduled for 22 July now.</block

CCIV!

#13627 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What he said (.) !

So you are "Hooked on a Feeling"!

Ok, well, stocks are going HIGHER short-term because

1). Long term interest rates have been stabilizing and that means P/E ratios can drift upwards like 2019

2). Bonds lead stocks and "High Yield" is making another high as they are rallying for the right reasons, a good economy and stable rates.

3). The VIX or volatility index is breaking to the downside. For much of 2019 it was below 15, it's below 16 now, for 2020 it was above 27, meaning elevated FEAR.

What happens with the VIX? CTA's and hedge funds ADD leverage.

Thus, my short-term thesis for the remainder of the year is that stocks are going higher, setting up for a +20% gain. When you get a leveling of rates and declining VIX stocks, on average, add 23% over the next 12 months.

Bottom line, ENERGY and TECHNOLOGY get the overweight pole position for the foreseeable future and keep racking up GAINS.

#13628 2 years ago

It certainly helps, buy backs and dividends, but financials will continue to underperform in the short-term due to interest rates leveling off. Don't fight the facts as they say. Like i said, if that changes, then it's game on.

JPM is up .70% thus far on the news, my favorite financial. Some tech stocks like TTD, SE, PINS etc have been rallying 5% a day. . Just saying, so that train is already way down the tracks.

My advice to people is to by brk.b and let Buffett manage your exposure to financials. He might know a thing or two although i'm sure many people would also go against that history. LOL

#13629 2 years ago

See what NKE did? And UA basically said the same thing. What do you think is setting up for Apple in China? Massive numbers again.

#13630 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It certainly helps, buy backs and dividends, but financials will continue to underperform in the short-term due to interest rates leveling off. Don't fight the facts as they say. Like i said, if that changes, then it's game on.
JPM is up .70% thus far on the news, my favorite financial. Some tech stocks like TTD, SE, PINS etc have been rallying 5% a day. . Just saying, so that train is already way down the tracks.
My advice to people is to by brk.b and let Buffett manage your exposure to financials. He might know a thing or two although i'm sure many people would also go against that history. LOL

Yep. WFC is up 4.50 in 2 days

#13631 2 years ago

HITI making its run today with earnings Monday. When to jump ship is the question I always seem to get wrong.

EDIT: First time reporting on the Nasdaq

#13632 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

HITI making its run today with earnings Monday. When to jump ship is the question I always seem to get wrong.
EDIT: First time reporting on the Nasdaq

I jumped ship a few minutes ago, I'll take a 10 percent gain for a 4 day trade. Might be too early with a day and a half until earnings. I'll live though, plan was to always sell Friday, today.

#13633 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Buying XOM at $72, then again during the pandemic (62), the again at $40 turned out to be satisfying! I didn't get rich but I turned $3000 into $5000. Worth. Slow and steady.
Regret was not buying more but I didn't want to be exposed to higher risk.
Come on MAC Daddy! We need $20 next.

You got $18.50

#13634 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yep. WFC is up 4.50 in 2 days

WFC was the same price it is today on June 3rd. It dipped one day on June 18th. June 16th it $45.67
It was $47.90 on May 17th. I hardly see trend here? But glad you got a bounce back here, it affects my clients too

Financials will underperform in this rate environment imo.

Buffett sold all of his WFC for some reason didn't he?

#13635 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WFC was the same price it is today on June 3rd.
It was $47.90 on May 17th.
Buffett sold all of his WFC for some reason didn't he?

Yeah, I trimmed down from 1500 shares to 500 when he did that...I wish I hadn't but hen again I rode this thing up from the low 30's. They're a big player in the mortgage business...I think most analysts are missing how big that impacts their bottom line. With the RE market being on fire I think the earnings are going to be way higher than consensus.

#13636 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy:

Tesla. Looking like it will test new highs. Easy 33 percent gain coming.

I'm not buying the stock but I am seriously considering a Model S Plaid. I've loved my 2017 Model S but might be time to upgrade before the bumper to bumper warranty expires.

#13637 2 years ago

TTD from $61.26 on Monday to $76.49 today. Not a bad week.

PINS hit $55 on May 13th, rallied back to $77+

SE $202 on May 13th, back to $285

May 13th was the tech turnaround that continues.

Not that these short term moves really matter much because these are long-term multi-baggers

#13638 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm not buying the stock but I am seriously considering a Model S Plaid. I've loved my 2017 Model S but might be time to upgrade before the bumper to bumper warranty expires.

I have a 2017 model s also! It's my "free car" from a TSLA trade that I had to make because I got turned down for the car loan. Sold right before one of the dips.

I briefly considered the new S but honestly it's not enough better to justify the expense.

Extended warranty is available by calling the service center.

#13639 2 years ago

I got a options alert on LVS....looks like someone bet heavily on the mid July calls. It may move back up to high 50's.

#13640 2 years ago

Will be fun to see how tech handles itself this coming earnings. After such a brutal sell on beats last quarter (guidance/inflation concerns?) I am thinking that those that hit their numbers will be rewarded.

Am I crazy?

Heaven help weakness though (i.e. tdoc if they trip up a third time).

#13641 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Will be fun to see how tech handles itself this coming earnings. After such a brutal sell on beats last quarter (guidance/inflation concerns?) I am thinking that those that hit their numbers will be rewarded.
Am I crazy?
Heaven help weakness though (i.e. tdoc if they trip up a third time).

I think you are correct. It's been a roller coaster last two quarters. Run up into earnings and then sell-off.

I think different scenario this time. Earnings estimates are way below the reality, especially with China exposure. And the interest rate and inflation scenario has been settled down for a really nice set up. Look at Nike.

This time though i think, the guidance will be more than just "we don't really have a clear vision due to Covid and re-opening pace". Companies played it really safe last time around!

You will still have supply chain hangups etc. but if that VIX and 10 yr do it's thing we shouldn't have the sell offs this time. Maybe the Nike type pops. That is what i'm expecting from Apple after the ytd consolidation!

#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What he said (.) !

Good to see value and growth both doing well and not investors dumping one to buy the other.

Quoted from iceman44:

TTD from $61.26 on Monday to $76.49 today. Not a bad week.
PINS hit $55 on May 13th, rallied back to $77+
SE $202 on May 13th, back to $285
May 13th was the tech turnaround that continues.
Not that these short term moves really matter much because these are long-term multi-baggers

I sold off my 2020 momentum, which was a huge part of my Portfolio, last February, but bought smaller positions back of my higher conviction stocks including SE PINS and SE. I am holding long term, but selling off on “good” earnings has been a thing last quarter with these type stocks. I tell others I know to trade them or buy and hold an amount they are comfortable with and ride them through ups and downs long term.

Thanks for getting me into those a year ago Ice.

#13643 2 years ago

CCIV! With merger less than a month away this will continue to rise (back)! Going to sell a very small position today as I continue to diversify and buy some Home Depot if it continues to fly.

#13644 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

CCIV! With merger less than a month away this will continue to rise (back)! Going to sell a very small position today as I continue to diversify and buy some Home Depot if it continues to fly.

Buy Lowes instead. Just my 2 cents

#13645 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just picked up some CFLT, let's gooooooooo!

CFLT is on the move today!

#13647 2 years ago

For all the naysayers, if you are not in tech right now you are missing out. Some of the stocks that I am in are more trades that were beaten down like FSLY, AI, and PLTR, where something like MSFT and APPL are long term holds. I can not get specific for...reasons...in some of the sectors but I am a big fan of cloud, analytics, and data plays right now. CRM and CROWD are two stocks I am also very high on.

#13648 2 years ago

FSR is making some moves again today. I've bought on day 1 and have been holding it ever since and I feel like it's going to continue to move up.

#13649 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

For all the naysayers, if you are not in tech right now you are missing out. Some of the stocks that I am in are more trades that were beaten down like FSLY, AI, and PLTR, where something like MSFT and APPL are long term holds. I can not get specific for...reasons...in some of the sectors but I am a big fan of cloud, analytics, and data plays right now. CRM and CROWD are two stocks I am also very high on.

CRWD?

Quoted from DBLM:

#13650 2 years ago

MAC is finding replacements for lost large retailers. This is what I have been seeing in my area also. Entities like Dick's Sporting Goods are leaving more remote strip mall store locations and moving into large mall complexes.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/06/28/macerich-lines-up-new-anchors-as-malls-start-to-re/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
There are 21,015 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/273?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.