IMG_3037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240226-151719 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240226-151210 (resized).png
IMG_1493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0470 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 417.
#13501 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For clients I’m sitting on large triple digit gains. I’d buy AMD and NVDA instead depending on how long you are willing to hold.
Short term? I wouldn’t buy any of them until sell off
Intel said chips should be strong for the next decade

Thanks. TSM would be a long term position if I decide to pull the trigger. Same thing for AMD.

I'm basically looking at diversifying my portfolio a bit more with tech companies that create physical hardware.

#13502 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd strongly consider getting out of Portland now that the entire riot squad just resigned.
Just in time for the new Federal "juneteenth" holiday...

The funny thing about reality vs. what you see on the news is Portland is a pretty sleepy liberal meets logger mid-sized city, the protests are usually confined to a few blocks and most of the rest of the city doesn't even realize they are happening. Lots of great independent and small neighborhood restaurants, breweries, bars, etc. It's a great town, I've always considered it as a place to move too, but it always feels a little small and boring to me compared to larger West Coast cities. Most of the West has legalized weed, it has zero to do with riots. And the West Coast version of a riot is a few dozen kids in black breaking some windows, tagging, yelling at the cops and then going home.

#13503 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What about Intel?

Intel is is very far behind in the semiconductor industry. My biggest concerns are, how can they ever gain footing in the mobile processor world which they completely ignored early on, Apple is/has abandoned Intel in favor of their own chips (spoiler, some are made by TSM), and can their foundries even be retrofitted to produce the new wafer types/sizes that the rest of the industry is using/moving to.

#13504 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mean since they had a 10 for 1 split and trading at $620 pre split? And was up big today
You are kidding right Eric? Lol

See, thats why your the man Ice.
I did not know about their 10 for 1 split, it came across my motley fool today, and when i looked, the chart showed giant slide. Now i know. I have not dipped my toe in TTD pond yet ever.
Is there an egg on face imoji?

#13505 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

The crypto thread is thataway ===>

Link missing.

#13507 2 years ago

Happy volatility day everyone!

71DA5C96-C0EA-4579-A91E-2C9B9C670B77.jpeg71DA5C96-C0EA-4579-A91E-2C9B9C670B77.jpeg
#13508 2 years ago

Sold CRWD and bought GIS and CLX this morning. That is all.

#13509 2 years ago
0044ABF4-0998-46B4-9604-4F2C188C64C7 (resized).png0044ABF4-0998-46B4-9604-4F2C188C64C7 (resized).png5903ECEF-2F6D-4E78-B207-FF3CD7DF3508 (resized).png5903ECEF-2F6D-4E78-B207-FF3CD7DF3508 (resized).png6B46BF38-CE89-4D98-8644-741E07A5CB9D (resized).png6B46BF38-CE89-4D98-8644-741E07A5CB9D (resized).pngB3D96947-EF69-430E-9BD3-11633AF364FF (resized).pngB3D96947-EF69-430E-9BD3-11633AF364FF (resized).png
#13510 2 years ago

See..I read stuff like that with skepticism of...I don't know you (the person writing)...and assume it means "please don't dump these stocks, I don't want my money to disappear" lol.

#13511 2 years ago

Anybody looking into shipping stocks for the short term?

#13512 2 years ago

I hate quad witching.
A coven is 5, so 4 is bad luck.
Edit- wrong again. A true coven is 12, but starts at 5.

#13513 2 years ago

So did you put 5 on it?

#13514 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So did you put 5 on it?

Im just glad most of my assets are real estate and pinball machines today.

#13515 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im just glad most of my assets are real estate and pinball machines today.

Haha, I have 'invested' more in pinball machines than the market the last few months....

#13516 2 years ago

I'm buying into the close......wish me luck.

#13517 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Haha, I have 'invested' more in pinball machines than the market the last few months....

Same here, LZ and Hobbit.
Sold PLTR, been a good run with several trades.
In on XOM and taking some advice from Ice and in on XLE.
Picking up some LUV too.

#13518 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

BOA has a different take on the drop in long term rates. They say we're now in the bearish flattening phase of the yield curve and it's time to buy dividend stocks and consumer staples.
cyclica correction (resized).jpgcyclica correction (resized).jpg

#13519 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

BOA has a different take on the drop in long term rates. They say we're now in the bearish flattening phase of the yield curve and it's time to buy dividend stocks and consumer staples.
[quoted image]

Yes, 20% gains are going to be hard to fathom next year. I also think, Powell has made a few mistakes in the past so he's gun shy about raising rates....actually Monetary policy is a slow, lethargic tool, it takes a while for it to go into effect, so it's amazing he's been so dovish about this. The tech trade is vogue again. These pundits change their views like people change socks, Tech is done...value is in...wait, value and commodities are out, tech is back in! It's okay if your job is trading and you can sit there and react to every move in the market but if you got a real job and a family you can't do that so inevitably you will be caught with your pants down. So what do you do? You use a macro take on the market, is the economy booming? Hell yeah! Is inflation real and here to stay? Hell yeah! is it going to affect the stocks? Hell yeah! So what do you do? You stick to your thesis....what ever your thesis is for that future environment, where the economy is some what good and inflation has to be dealt with. Are we going to give some of the gains back? You better believe it, I've been talking about taxes and inflation for 2 months....yesterday and today are the first in many more rotations coming. Eventually we'll be down 10%-15% or more when idea of rising inflation takes hold.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billconerly/2021/05/14/why-the-fed-is-wrong-about-the-coming-inflation/?sh=3d9b52bf7fd0

#13520 2 years ago

I wonder if inflation rising (since it really has bee put off more or less since 2016) will cause more people to get out of the market and shift to crypto.

#13521 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

People will digest the nothing burger served today and return to pounding equities tomorrow.

WRONG
Evidently someone is taking the Fed dribble seriously.
Could this be the start of the BIG ONE?

#13522 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No

#13523 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

WRONG

Dr Micheal Burrey thinks so

#13524 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

WRONG

Did you just disagree with yourself? Pinside never ceases to amaze even to a prehistoric caveman

4EFEA46B-D3DB-44DB-AE37-65708C9524E4 (resized).png4EFEA46B-D3DB-44DB-AE37-65708C9524E4 (resized).png

#13525 2 years ago

Did you just disagree with yourself? Pinside never ceases to amaze even to a prehistoric caveman
[quoted image]

Update Jack Ass. Yeah, I was wrong, so quoted an earlier Post to make it clear.

#13526 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Update Jack Ass. Yeah, I was wrong, so quoted an earlier Post to make it clear.

Ok, just checking. Have you ever invested in farts?

#13527 2 years ago

[quoted image]

You know, I always thought that picture was a Klingon….

#13528 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

You know, I always thought that picture was a Klingon….

Lol....I think that's Clint Howard....Ron Howard's brother. I forget which movie.

#13529 2 years ago

Bit of a pullback to start the day, opened a position in crowdstrike that I hope to build into a decent sized one over time and added more General Electric.

#13530 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol....I think that's Clint Howard....Ron Howard's brother. I forget which movie.

Pretty close but not as good looking as me

180A1F74-71A7-4FFD-83CE-A21AD06FF11F (resized).png180A1F74-71A7-4FFD-83CE-A21AD06FF11F (resized).png
#13531 2 years ago
1C425B61-6081-49C5-9700-8AE048F5D3B0 (resized).jpeg1C425B61-6081-49C5-9700-8AE048F5D3B0 (resized).jpeg4AB04B5F-B67C-4A05-AE2A-80A770E85F56 (resized).jpeg4AB04B5F-B67C-4A05-AE2A-80A770E85F56 (resized).jpeg604896EF-4880-4E7E-9CC2-2D29285E2736 (resized).jpeg604896EF-4880-4E7E-9CC2-2D29285E2736 (resized).jpegB4E5748E-0437-499E-BC00-544016422AFF (resized).jpegB4E5748E-0437-499E-BC00-544016422AFF (resized).jpeg
#13532 2 years ago

Pretty close but not as good looking as me
[quoted image]

Lolol..Land Of The Lost...damn that's old

#13533 2 years ago

SWBI and AOUT up big today.

#13534 2 years ago

Bought 500’Apple Oct 15 calls. Strike $135

7500 shares of Venom. VNOM

Match, a variety of energy for clients

REITS ? O, OHI, DOC

GOLD, SCHW

OIH rebounding 6% off quad witching! Picked up more for others in $219 range.

Energy and Big tech set to roll second half. If rates stay range bound here. Thinking Apple breaks above $150 on run up to earnings report where they blow it out again. Pure performance takes that stock higher. FB and GOOGL too

If they rise above 2% then still energy, industrials, commodities, gold and REITS for me

#13535 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

7500 shares of Venom
REITS ? O, OHI, DOC
GOLD, SCHW

Venom doesn't show on my td platform

#13536 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Venom doesn't show on my td platform

VNOM out of Midland, Tx. Sub of Diamondback FANG

Viper energy

#13537 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

VNOM out of Midland, Tx. Sub of Diamondback FANG

Thanks bro

#13538 2 years ago

Bank of America AND GS see Oil over $100 per bbl by next year.

Biden administration on board with that move. Max pain to push people to EV

#13539 2 years ago

Good luck with that with barely any infrastructure for it, and most of it that does exists relies on fossil fuels. Until the prices come down and better options appear, people who haven't gone EV aren't going to. The world exists in more places than the overcrowded metropolises.

#13540 2 years ago

I’m curious with California in drought the hydro plant will be forced to cut power, how will more EVs help the situation?

#13541 2 years ago

NO FEAR, VIX down 12%

Quad rebound in full effect today. Remember this for next quarter. Has happened now for 6 quarters in a row.

#13542 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious with California in drought the hydro plant will be forced to cut power, how will more EVs help the situation?

I want to know what is going to replace gas taxes. I hope to hell they don't start putting toll booths everywhere. If I never drive around Chicago again it will be too soon.

#13543 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Good luck with that with barely any infrastructure for it, and most of it that does exists relies on fossil fuels. Until the prices come down and better options appear, people who haven't gone EV aren't going to. The world exists in more places than the overcrowded metropolises.

LOL - you are making a big assumption that the government thinks everything through

#13544 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

7500 shares of Venom. VNOM
REITS ? O, OHI, DOC
GOLD, SCHW
OIH rebounding 6% off quad witching! Picked up more for others in $219 range.
Energy and Big tech set to roll second half. If rates stay range bound here. Thinking Apple breaks above $150 on run up to earnings report where they blow it out again. Pure performance takes that stock higher. FB and GOOGL too
If they rise above 2% then still energy, industrials, commodities, gold and REITS for me

Thanks for the updates last week. I bought 100 XLE Jan 22’ $60 calls right before close on Friday. Own a fair amount of energy plays and riets also.

#13545 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I want to know what is going to replace gas taxes

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

you are making a big assumption that the government thinks everything through

You're making the assumption that the government doesn't like free money. Lol. That's the first thing government is tweaking. There was just a news story about a mileage tax or some dumb shit.

The problem with EV is the current electrical grid. There are companies working on fixing it, adding to the grid and improving it. The current electrical grid can barely handle the weather and our loads now.

#13546 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

You're making the assumption that the government doesn't like free money. Lol. That's the first thing government is tweaking. There was just a news story about a mileage tax or some dumb shit.
The problem with EV is the current electrical grid. There are companies working on fixing it, adding to the grid and improving it. The current electrical grid can barely handle the weather and our loads now.

Elon and his (unpaid) Army have it all figured out.

#13547 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I kind of feel the same way about crypto. Sure it sounds awesome when you consider that we've all had it too good for too long. I realize we all do 'digital' now, but we also have the comfort of knowing we have paper to back it if shit hits the fan (if you don't have ANY cash in actual cash you are wrong). The way things are headed with all the division between not only the world, but just the US, I predict a large impactful war will be here in the next 10-15 years, and if you don't think EMP type weapons won't be at the top of the list....power grids and internet will be first things to go because it will hobble so much.

It's all a bit tin foil hattish at the moment because...again, we've had it pretty damn good for a long time and have gotten complacent. Having spent years in Afghanistan, I can tell you, we do have it pretty damn good.

#13548 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and if you don't think EMP type weapons

EMPs? Probably not but definitely hacking at a large scale. I'm more worried about rogue AI like technology than EMPs or war. Or maybe a lab borne disease that kills people with more than 3 pinball machines?!

#13549 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I kind of feel the same way about crypto. Sure it sounds awesome when you consider that we've all had it too good for too long. I realize we all do 'digital' now, but we also have the comfort of knowing we have paper to back it if shit hits the fan (if you don't have ANY cash in actual cash you are wrong). The way things are headed with all the division between not only the world, but just the US, I predict a large impactful war will be here in the next 10-15 years, and if you don't think EMP type weapons won't be at the top of the list....power grids and internet will be first things to go because it will hobble so much.
It's all a bit tin foil hattish at the moment because...again, we've had it pretty damn good for a long time and have gotten complacent. Having spent years in Afghanistan, I can tell you, we do have it pretty damn good.

if the shit ever hits the fan in the worst way ... lead is the asset you want to have horded, it will get you what ever you need

#13550 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

if the shit ever hits the fan in the worst way ... lead is the asset you want to have horded, it will get you what ever you need

I'm rich!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 20,831 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 417.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/271?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.