Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 421.
#13451 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Most of the stocks I'm not doing well on were ones recommended by Motley Fool. They jumped up 5-6% the first day they were recommended but then dropped. I did well if I bought right away and then just took my profits in the first day or two. I feel like the MF team buys a stock, then recommends it the next day and then just takes it profits for that up day. When this doesn't work out, they keep recommending the same stocks. Thus why they have been recommending ZM, CRWD, and LMND for a few months. Maybe I'm wrong but they seem to have enough influence that this would be a brilliant way to make a lot of money.

Hang in there Tram and keep banging away. Don't get discouraged. It's NOT a two or three month process. You are young! Power of compounding.

I don't buy all of them, very few in fact. Just bought more CRWD, nothing on LMND yet although i love them as a market disruptor. They aren't the only ones that like ZM a lot right now.

Pick what you like, use some common sense, be quick to sell your losers if you aren't sure and have conviction for the LONG TERM on what you do really like, then buy more when it goes on sale.

Learn something every day.

#13452 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Crypto is just getting started, it's in it's infancy and nowhere near its peak. Bigger banks and companies just started investing in it in the past year and we are just seeing it start to be used for credit cards, payments, ATMs, etc.

Yes. Then comes the US Digicoin. Everyone has known for years the US and Europe will not allow any source of Trade to flourish without their control.
Seriously, they are going to shut alternative currencies down, they have to.
The Official Coin will replace it.

#13453 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Yes. Then comes the US Digicoin. Everyone has known for years the US and Europe will not allow any source of Trade to flourish without their control.

#13454 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Good luck

#13455 2 years ago

As long as they can tax it they can control it. Until exchanges and any reliance on FIAT goes away, they can control it if they chose to. And if anything happens to where none of that holds true, at that point it will be banned as illegal and if you use it you are a felon. So...I mean...good luck indeed.

IMO you'd be much better off hyping and backing the actual tech use cases rather than the currencies, but too many people see $$$.

I agree, be on the watch out for the less useful and more pita USCoin.

#13456 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

How? And why? I think the US government is going to love it's revenue stream on taxing crypto too much to quit it.

#13457 2 years ago

While I have never invested in Crypto, all because China banned it, doesn't mean everyone else will. Now do I think something like their level of person tracking might come here? Sure, eventually the US will figure out how to convince us it's "in our best interest"(like the certain level of tracking already here), but that is probably decades away. I don't think a crypto ban is likely anytime soon, but it could certainly go down a lot before everyone feels more confident that the world won't follow China's lead, but maybe not much lower than recent lows.

As for the stock market, while I have expressed trepidation of the market, I don't expect a actual crash. We'll just keep seeing what we've been seeing, certain sectors bleeding. And money is there to be made elsewhere. What we are experiencing though, is just more worthless money, it's kind of a general all purpose crash that doesn't involve the market. Everything is just suddenly more expensive, and will keep getting more expensive. So you better magically make better returns investing to make up for it.

#13458 2 years ago

I was a crypto skeptic myself..for a long time. But this year (and last year) with Musk stepping in the fray and Dimon saying it's here to stay. I jumped in...I wish I had the guts to buy more but I'm very conservative with new tech. Forecast wise, I think it will drop in the near future before finding it's footing again..If you look at the chart it's a pretty jagged upward bias.

On other fronts, they're saying the market will inevitably pull back in late July...so that's the only thing on my radar between now and the next Fed meeting.

https://www.schwab.com/resource-center/insights/content/quarterly-market-outlook?cmp=em-RBL

#13459 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How? And why? I think the US government is going to love it's revenue stream on taxing crypto too much to quit it.

But the plan is to move away from that, and I think that's when things will get a bit dicey. The only reason they can tax it today is because of exchange conversion. They just finally taxed the internet, do you really think they are going to let everyone move to crypto tax free? It's just not going to happen. I'm not clear on what the path will be on that front, or what kind of timeline we are talking, but when they saw people making tens of thousands overnight, $$$ rang in their eyes too.

#13460 2 years ago

Here is my question for those investing in digital currency.

Why are you buying it? If you think it’s the future, when is that? What does that mean? Are you going to spend it to buy stuff? Why do you want to use it to buy stuff over regular money? Does that mean you think the price of digital currency will stabilize relative to the goods it will be purchasing in the future? Are you buying it because the price is going up? If the latter, it’s just a purely speculative play.

Count me as a doubter of digital currency offering anything much other than a potential mechanism to facilitate transactions that want to stay out of the light of day, and those that are hoping to cash in on speculation. Maybe that changes but for now that’s all I see see when I look at it.

#13461 2 years ago

The crypto thread is thataway ===>

#13462 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Here's why. What do you think the revenue stream would be from legalized drugs that are taxed and sold in government shops? It would far outpace crypto, yet the government has never done it because it's a threat to too many institutions. If you think for a second the US is going to allow a competing currency to the US dollar, taxes or otherwise, and threaten the fundamental control of $$$, it's just not going to happen.

#13463 2 years ago

Oregon gets over 100million a year from legalized pot. That’s just Oregon.

#13464 2 years ago

10 yr at 1.53% and dropping.

Powell is masterful. The new maestro.

Tepper agrees. Stay the course. 2023 is a LONG ways away

Tech running today. PINS, TTD, SHOP etc like it

Oil stocks dropping. I feel quad witching playing part. Oil above $72

No Tom Lee update on Thursday’s. Tomorrow should be informative on technicals

Lee likes Energy #1, Industrials, Epicenter in general. Went neutral on financials on rate drops, went overweight on FAANG at same time and calls the rest of tech the “slope of hope” and sell into strength.

Let’s see if that tune changes.

What do we say? DONT FIGHT THE FED!!!

#13465 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Oregon gets over 100million a year from legalized pot. That’s just Oregon.

Not sure how great legal drugs are for Portland, they’re out of control up there.

#13466 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

10 yr at 1.53% and dropping.
Powell is masterful. The new maestro.
Tepper agrees. Stay the course. 2023 is a LONG ways away
Tech running today. PINS, TTD, SHOP etc like it
Oil stocks dropping. I feel quad witching playing part. Oil above $72
No Tom Lee update on Thursday’s. Tomorrow should be informative on technicals
Lee likes Energy #1, Industrials, Epicenter in general. Went neutral on financials on rate drops, went overweight on FAANG at same time and calls the rest of tech the “slope of hope” and sell into strength.
Let’s see if that tune changes.
What do we say? DONT FIGHT THE FED!!!

Yo Ice,

Normally the saying is "go away in May" due to seasonality. Some thing we might have the seasonal pullback in July. With the reopening and macroeconomics at play, I am not thinking we have the big seasonal downturn this year. What is your read?

#13467 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

it's amazing that FB, a company and business model no one admits to liking, has been able to take human vanity and make it a multibillion dollar company by selling your privacy to the highest bidder.

What are you talking about, like them or not, they actually have a fantastic business model

#13468 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure how great legal drugs are for Portland, they’re out of control up there.

Okay if you believe that…

Colorado brought in 387mil in 2020.

#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

What are you talking about, like them or not, they actually have a fantastic business model

I guess, if you think slimeball secretive business tactics is fantastic. Not that they are alone in that. I guess anything to make a buck right!

#13470 2 years ago

I hadn't really been watching but I'm up 30% on NET. It's about the only stock from my tech set earlier this year that is doing well.

#13471 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Yo Ice,
Normally the saying is "go away in May" due to seasonality. Some thing we might have the seasonal pullback in July. With the reopening and macroeconomics at play, I am not thinking we have the big seasonal downturn this year. What is your read?

I believe your instincts are correct DB, this time it really is different with the worldwide Covid re-opening and the beyond belief STRONG consumer. You have the "TINA effect", the system awash in money etc.

I believe, like Tepper said, it's "stay the course" and watch valuations/growth prospects. Not easy to find value right now. Except energy with the price of Oil, especially after today.

Big tech is set up to dominate again in the second half, specifically Apple and Amazon as they have lagged YTD behind Google and FB. Google faces the biggest anti-trust challenges owning so much of search but big tech will beat the government again! Either way, a break up might even create more value AND i don't know why we have to go against our tech titans to benefit China. I'm conflicted on some issues though, like suppression of free speech. But can you think of a safer port in a storm than Apple? Amazon?

I think the July earnings season is gonna come in very strong again and should continue through the end of the year. 2022? We shall see.

You make the easy money when the opportunity presents itself like it did in January of 2019 and then April/May of last year on Covid. Requires patience, not easy!

#13472 2 years ago

Money is flowing across all tech today while energy, financials and commodities are taking a full on ass whipping.

Another lesson once again to believe what Jay Powell says. He means what he says.

Just one day fellas . Good to have barbell. Should see it reverse or at least relax for tomorrow and quad witching.

Actually, won't start to get interesting until early July when the banks report and kick off earnings season.

#13473 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Money is flowing across all tech today while energy, financials and commodities are taking a full on ass whipping.
Another lesson once again to believe what Jay Powell says. He means what he says.
Just one day fellas . Good to have barbell. Should see it reverse or at least relax for tomorrow and quad witching.
Actually, won't start to get interesting until early July when the banks report and kick off earnings season.

Yeah, except you got it backwards, today you sell techs and buy into all the beat up sectors. Powell is going to look like a fool soon, cause he didn't act sooner.

#13474 2 years ago

First day oil gave me a gut punch, as I sold the stocks just before the last few times this happened. The continued rising price of oil lulled me to sleep I guess. Long hold it is then with no swinging for the foreseeable future it seems. Price of oil dropped, but it's the first significant drop since brent first crossed $70. We'll see if it wants to head back in the $60 direction, nothing I've read makes me think that's likely, but certainly not impossible.

#13475 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, except you got it backwards, today you sell techs and buy into all the beat up sectors. Powell is going to look like a fool soon, cause he didn't act sooner.

Agreed. Yellen and Powell have kicked the can long enough. History isn't going to view their reigns positively.

#13476 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Sell tech? Not me.

Buy more energy? Yep!

Market makers must have seen Teamwork in there buying OIH at $218/$219!

You would have sold tech yesterday Kvan
And bought financials. That’s why I don’t fight the fed.

I don’t act on a feeling of what I think they should do.

Rates are crashing. Monster move

#13477 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

First day oil gave me a gut punch, as I sold the stocks just before the last few times this happened. The continued rising price of oil lulled me to sleep I guess. Long hold it is then with no swinging for the foreseeable future it seems. Price of oil dropped, but it's the first significant drop since brent first crossed $70. We'll see if it wants to head back in the $60 direction, nothing I've read makes me think that's likely, but certainly not impossible.

It’s one day of opportunity I think

Common sense? Demand is exploding as reopening is just beginning worldwide.

Dem policy wants to destroy fossil fuels and actions have and will continue to hurt supply

Until Tom Lee tells me the technicals/fundamentals have changed I’m not gonna worry about one day. I just bought more. Could be wrong but

Btw. 10 yr down to 1.45% now. Bye bye banks. All in tech!!!

#13478 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sell tech? Not me.
Buy more energy? Yep!

Not to sound like I am sucking up to Ice, but I agree. I have been guilty of in the past of trying to out think things, which tends to backfire. The trend is your friend.

#13479 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sell tech? Not me.
Buy more energy? Yep!

I've been in financials for ever, heavily since middle of last year, it's been one of my best performing stocks and funds. You never sell them, you trim or add, I guess like you and tech stocks. Banks always come up with novel ways to make money....getting money for zero interest rates and passing it on to us at 2 or 3 % or charging us doc fees and mortgage application fees and selling those free money mortgages back to the Fed 6 months later and doing it all over again....if this ain't a racket I don't what is.

#13480 2 years ago

I don't like the banks really going forward. I feel like there are some real threats to their existence going forward. They would have been in real trouble in March without the drastic measures taken, and crypto threatens to disrupt their dominance in the future. I'm sure they'll still be around, but they seem like they may lag in performance.

#13481 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Not to sound like I am sucking up to Ice, but I agree. I have been guilty of in the past of trying to out think things, which tends to backfire. The trend is your friend.

All I’m saying. Don’t overthink what Jay Powell just said.

Some of these talking heads are trying to interpret what he said into rate rises later this year! It’s comical

Until the job market straightens out he has said they are staying the course and there are plenty of headwinds to fight inflation.

Higher taxes will provide a nice gut punch to spending. Higher prices at the pump will continue to suck $$ out of wallets and into energy companies

Technology is creating deflation in a lot sectors. Banks and their hidden fees are gonna suffer with how we buy financial products in the future. Pricing going DOWN

I reserve the right to change my mind based on what I see and read with the people whom I respect what they think. ie Buffett, Tepper, etc on macro and my boy Tom Lee on technicals/fundamentals daily/weekly

If you are stubborn and only see one side of an argument you are in trouble

My strongest conviction for the rest of the year is the performance is Apple and Energy. The rest of my game plan is “transitory”

#13482 2 years ago

So... for what its worth the Juneteenth holiday that is in congress that is supposed to start next year... might be starting this year. I work in a federal building and the contractors have already been mostly told not to come in tomorrow. Don't know how this would effect the market and this big "witching" thing.

#13483 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I've been in financials for ever, heavily since middle of last year, it's been one of my best performing stocks and funds. You never sell them, you trim or add, I guess like you and tech stocks. Banks always come up with novel ways to make money....getting money for zero interest rates and passing it on to us at 2 or 3 % or charging us doc fees and mortgage application fees and selling those free money mortgages back to the Fed 6 months later and doing it all over again....if this ain't a racket I don't what is.

Financials were terrible for years. Ask Buffett. You can always own them like Buffett and underperform during those years

Since Nov of 2020 when rates took off THEN financials finally rose to overvalued levels now. Second in performance only to energy ytd

The energy trade is “transitory”

Own always? No thanks

But you gotta do what works for you

#13484 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So... for what its worth the Juneteenth holiday that is in congress that is supposed to start next year... might be starting this year. I work in a federal building and the contractors have already been mostly told not to come in tomorrow. Don't know how this would effect the market and this big "witching" thing.

Zero impact

#13485 2 years ago

Wow, finally breaking back to even on Palantir!
Tempted to pull it out and buy xom.

#13486 2 years ago

I picked up 300 NVTA yesterday. It was one of ARKs highest convictions a few months back. It pulled back about 40% and looks like it has bounced.

#13487 2 years ago

Here are my tech picks for you guys: CRM, MSFT, AMD, PATH,

I think PLTR has some more room to run, but not a conviction pick.

I personally own all of these besides CRM for reasons.

#13488 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I picked up 300 NVTA yesterday. It was one of ARKs highest convictions a few months back. It pulled back about 40% and looks like it has bounced.

don't follow ARK - but I picked up some NVTA last week below $30

#13489 2 years ago

Incase anyone is wondering about tomorrow's fed holiday, it appears the markets will remain open.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/will-the-stock-market-close-for-juneteenth-2021-06-17

#13490 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Someone from Florida weighs in on how drugs are out of control in the opposite corner of the country... OK, how is pot out of control in Portland?

#13491 2 years ago

and....is TTD a buy now, im mean, could it keep going down?

#13492 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Someone from Florida weighs in on how drugs are out of control in the opposite corner of the country... OK, how is pot out of control in Portland?

Yeah, cause florida has never had problems with drugs. lol
Ok. Now back on topic.

#13493 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd strongly consider getting out of Portland now that the entire riot squad just resigned.

Just in time for the new Federal "juneteenth" holiday...

#13494 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd strongly consider getting out of Portland now that the entire riot squad just resigned.
Just in time for the new Federal "juneteenth" holiday...

I’m sure there are plenty of people just itching to join the riot squad.

#13495 2 years ago

The “bullshit that has nothing to do with stock investing” threads are thataway <======

#13496 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

and....is TTD a buy now, im mean, could it keep going down?

You mean since they had a 10 for 1 split and trading at $620 pre split? And was up big today

You are kidding right Eric? Lol

#13497 2 years ago

Any thoughts on TSM?

#13498 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Any thoughts on TSM?

For clients I’m sitting on large triple digit gains. I’d buy AMD and NVDA instead depending on how long you are willing to hold.

Short term? I wouldn’t buy any of them until sell off

Intel said chips should be strong for the next decade

#13499 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For clients I’m sitting on large triple digit gains. I’d buy AMD and NVDA instead depending on how long you are willing to hold.
Short term? I wouldn’t buy any of them until sell off
Intel said chips should be strong for the next decade

What about Intel?

#13500 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why not Intel?

Good question really. I think I’ll look into that one

Maybe they aren’t IBM of chips

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/270 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.